PDA

View Full Version : Four League Away Wins this Calendar Year

HibeeHibernian4
10-11-2018, 05:57 AM
Makes for a truly pathetic reading.

2-1 at Ibrox, the only impressive result, as well as winning twice at Dens and in Paisley (against two teams who have been cannon fodder so far).

This needs to be rectified and fast.

HH81
10-11-2018, 06:07 AM
Wasn't Hibs top of the league for the calendar year not so long ago?

Two poor results doesn't make it a bad year.

HibeeHibernian4
10-11-2018, 06:14 AM
Wasn't Hibs top of the league for the calendar year not so long ago?

Two poor results doesn't make it a bad year.

I don’t think I claimed that it did?

It’s not been a bad year because we’ve been very, very good at home (I think I might be right in saying we’ve beaten everybody at least once in the top flight at home apart from St Johnstone this calendar year).

But the away form under Lennon is absolutely not good enough.

bingo70
10-11-2018, 06:23 AM
I think there’s some perspective needed in terms of last night, and recent results. Our 3 away games have been Celtic Park, tynecastle and Pittodrie, getting a poor return from these games is no disaster. We’re three points off third and have got 4 very winnable games coming up.

All that said though, it doesn’t mean the OP is wrong, it is a terrible away record and it needs to be fixed.

Jones28
10-11-2018, 07:11 AM
Is...is that not four?

HibeeHibernian4
10-11-2018, 07:23 AM
Is...is that not four?

I remembered the first win in Dundee after posting this and tried to change the title, but it’s not letting me.

Jones28
10-11-2018, 07:28 AM
I remembered the first win in Dundee after posting this and tried to change the title, but it’s not letting me.

Anyway, semantics aside it really doesn't make for good reading.

Beefster
10-11-2018, 07:28 AM
How many losses and draws? Just for some context.

Jones28
10-11-2018, 07:34 AM
How many losses and draws? Just for some context.

I count six defeats and six draws.

HibeeHibernian4
10-11-2018, 07:43 AM
Dundee away - win
Celtic away - defeat
Rangers away - win
Killie away - draw
St Johnstone away - draw
Ross County away - draw
Aberdeen away - draw
Hearts away - defeat

St Johnstone away - draw
Livingston away - defeat
Dundee away - win
St Mirren away - win
Celtic away - defeat
Hearts away - draw
Aberdeen away - defeat

Won 4, Drawn 6, Lost 5

Beefster
10-11-2018, 08:14 AM
Dundee away - win
Celtic away - defeat
Rangers away - win
Killie away - draw
St Johnstone away - draw
Ross County away - draw
Aberdeen away - draw
Hearts away - defeat

St Johnstone away - draw
Livingston away - defeat
Dundee away - win
St Mirren away - win
Celtic away - defeat
Hearts away - draw
Aberdeen away - defeat

Won 4, Drawn 6, Lost 5

Thanks. Far from great but not a complete disaster. Room for lots of improvement though because if our home form collapses, we’re going to suffer.

BoomtownHibees
10-11-2018, 08:22 AM
So we have gained 18 points away from home in this calendar year. In comparison:

Aberdeen
Won 6
Drawn 3
Lost 5
Points 21

The Rangers
Won 6
Drawn 5
Lost 3
Points 23

Hearts
Won 5
Drawn 2
Lost 8
Points 17

matty_f
10-11-2018, 10:10 AM
So we have gained 18 points away from home in this calendar year. In comparison:

Aberdeen
Won 6
Drawn 3
Lost 5
Points 21

The Rangers
Won 6
Drawn 5
Lost 3
Points 23

Hearts
Won 5
Drawn 2
Lost 8
Points 17

It's almost like it's not easy being away from home.

Borderhibbie76
10-11-2018, 02:11 PM
I think there’s some perspective needed in terms of last night, and recent results. Our 3 away games have been Celtic Park, tynecastle and Pittodrie, getting a poor return from these games is no disaster. We’re three points off third and have got 4 very winnable games coming up.

All that said though, it doesn’t mean the OP is wrong, it is a terrible away record and it needs to be fixed.I get your point mate but we will likely be 6 points off 3rd at end of weekend...that's not great and we are now in the bottom 6...not good enough and we've slipped back badly compared to the team that finished last season. At a time when we had record ST Sales a euro run and a massive fee for SJM...the summer recruitment was poor and slow and we are paying the price for it now...we look a shadow of the team that could take on anyone last season

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BoomtownHibees
10-11-2018, 03:26 PM
I get your point mate but we will likely be 6 points off 3rd at end of weekend...that's not great and we are now in the bottom 6...not good enough and we've slipped back badly compared to the team that finished last season. At a time when we had record ST Sales a euro run and a massive fee for SJM...the summer recruitment was poor and slow and we are paying the price for it now...we look a shadow of the team that could take on anyone last season

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6 points off 3rd at this stage of the season isn’t too bad considering we have 1 point in 12. But that’s only if we can start picking up a bit of form after this next break

The 90+2
10-11-2018, 03:27 PM
6 points off 3rd at this stage of the season isn’t too bad considering we have 1 point in 12. But that’s only if we can start picking up a bit of form after this next break

It’s terrible considering the point swing with them in Gorgie.

BoomtownHibees
10-11-2018, 03:31 PM
It’s terrible considering the point swing with them in Gorgie.

If you want to judge our season on how they are doing then you’re right, it’s terrible

The 90+2
10-11-2018, 04:09 PM
If you want to judge our season on how they are doing then you’re right, it’s terrible

Based on our rivals being well ahead of us despite us finishing almost 20 points ahead almost? That’s a kind of marker.

Speedway
10-11-2018, 04:12 PM
What’s the significance of ‘this calendar year’ since it’s two fairly different squads being judged as one?

BoomtownHibees
10-11-2018, 04:23 PM
Based on our rivals being well ahead of us despite us finishing almost 20 points ahead almost? That’s a kind of marker.

8 points with a potential to make it 5 by winning our game in hand isn’t as bad as you are making out.

I think it’s clear that they have got better and we have regressed based on the players we have lost in the summer.

HibeeHibernian4
10-11-2018, 05:06 PM
What’s the significance of ‘this calendar year’ since it’s two fairly different squads being judged as one?

Conversely, it’s a fairly similar squad and, moreover, is managed by the same person, and we’ve gone backwards in how we perform in away games under him.

In the first half of last season (ie before the winter break), we played 11 games, winning 5, drawing 5 and losing just 1. One of those draws was a very positive 2-2 draw at Parkhead, too. Since then, it’s been nowhere near as good.

bingo70
10-11-2018, 05:10 PM
Conversely, it’s a fairly similar squad and, moreover, is managed by the same person, and we’ve gone backwards in how we perform in away games under him.

In the first half of last season (ie before the winter break), we played 11 games, winning 5, drawing 5 and losing just 1. One of those draws was a very positive 2-2 draw at Parkhead, too. Since then, it’s been nowhere near as good.

We’ve lost 2 or 3 of our best players from the end of last season, on top of that we’ve lost Hanlon, Jamie Maclaren and Kamberi for long spells. Of course we’ve struggled to hit the heights of the second half of last season.

We’re still doing alright though and hanging in there. It’s been a tough couple of weeks but I think some are getting carried away.

HibeeHibernian4
10-11-2018, 05:37 PM
We’ve lost 2 or 3 of our best players from the end of last season, on top of that we’ve lost Hanlon, Jamie Maclaren and Kamberi for long spells. Of course we’ve struggled to hit the heights of the second half of last season.

We’re still doing alright though and hanging in there. It’s been a tough couple of weeks but I think some are getting carried away.

But the entire point I’m making is that we didn’t hit the heights of the second half of last season in the away games we played in the second half of last season? We won twice, in fact just once after Kamberi and Maclaren joined on deadline day. This is not something new, rather the continuation of a worrying slide in our away form that begun at the start of 2018.

greenginger
10-11-2018, 07:09 PM
Dundee away - win
Celtic away - defeat
Rangers away - win
Killie away - draw
St Johnstone away - draw
Ross County away - draw
Aberdeen away - draw
Hearts away - defeat

St Johnstone away - draw
Livingston away - defeat
Dundee away - win
St Mirren away - win
Celtic away - defeat
Hearts away - draw
Aberdeen away - defeat

Won 4, Drawn 6, Lost 5

What about Partick Th. away 2/12/17, Hibs won 0 - 1

HibeeHibernian4
10-11-2018, 07:17 PM

December 2017 was not in the year of 2018.

greenginger
10-11-2018, 07:21 PM
December 2017 was not in the year of 2018.

Sorry, I thought it was a full 12 months of results that was under discussion.

HibeeHibernian4
10-11-2018, 07:21 PM
Sorry, I thought it was a full 12 months of results that was under discussion.

I see, sorry. I'm a Gregorian kind of man.

Danderhall Hibs
11-11-2018, 08:29 AM

I’m not sure cos when someone posted the league table for the calendar year (when we were top) it was rubbished as pointless due to a season not being played over a calendar year.

I’d imagine that means the stats in this thread are also pointless?

Viva_Palmeiras
11-11-2018, 06:41 PM
I’m not sure cos when someone posted the league table for the calendar year (when we were top) it was rubbished as pointless due to a season not being played over a calendar year.

I’d imagine that means the stats in this thread are also pointless?

32.07% of stats are made up.

bend em to make any point you want.

The Feel good factor from the SC2016 doesn’t appear on any schematic/histogram or pie chart.

Leave the stats as a stick to beat the team to the opposition.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-11-2018, 06:43 PM

A statto undone by missing pertinent info - surely not!