PDA

View Full Version : Out of order

BegbieHSC
10-11-2018, 12:14 AM
So, I’m just back from Aberdeen, disappointed with the result naturally.

Coming on here though...it’s seems some posters have their scapegoats back. Some of the posts about Slivka and MacLaren have been pure poison. I actually thought they were ok tonight tbh.

The way some pick out particular players to blame regardless, singling them out and giving them pelted after a defeat is disgraceful. Same happened with Fyvie, Stokesy etc, and now it’s Slivka MacLaren. Boyle however, who has been really poor the past 3 games however is immune from criticism? I don’t mean to single him out, but it’s to prove a point that this place has a habit of picking scapegoats, and blaming all our woes on them. It’s disgraceful and out of order. I know players actually do read these forums too, so imo, some people need to take a good oook at themselves.

Hermit Crab
10-11-2018, 12:36 AM

Coming on here though...it’s seems some posters have their scapegoats back. Some of the posts about Slivka and MacLaren have been pure poison. I actually thought they were ok tonight tbh.

The way some pick out particular players to blame regardless, singling them out and giving them pelted after a defeat is disgraceful. Same happened with Fyvie, Stokesy etc, and now it’s Slivka MacLaren. Boyle however, who has been really poor the past 3 games however is immune from criticism? I don’t mean to single him out, but it’s to prove a point that this place has a habit of picking scapegoats, and blaming all our woes on them. It’s disgraceful and out of order. I know players actually do read these forums too, so imo, some people need to take a good oook at themselves.

Slivka was ok night, MacLaren was woeful, again.

Malthibby
10-11-2018, 12:38 AM
cheers, well done on getting there, wasn't great but with a wee bit of luck we we would not have lost. Spark obviously isn't there but it's where we are just now, it will turn around but if you want perfection every week Barca are there instead. Dosn't mean I wasn't screaming my head off mind. GG

Dr_Regal
10-11-2018, 12:42 AM
Just fitba guys giving their opinion on a **** Hibs performance. McLaren was rotten tonight, like playing with 10 men,no other way to shake it.

Hermit Crab
10-11-2018, 12:43 AM
Just fitba guys giving their opinion on a **** Hibs performance. McLaren was rotten tonight, like playing with 10 men,no other way to shake it.

9 men if you include Boyle in that as well.

edinburghhibee
10-11-2018, 12:47 AM
Also just back... anyone else think we just didn’t want it as much as them? They were flying into tough tackles the whole game where we got out the way of most 50/50’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BS44
10-11-2018, 12:48 AM

Apart from Milligan and the goalie I thought the rest of the team were rotten.

Why is McLaren the scapegoat tonight?

MWHIBBIES
10-11-2018, 01:23 AM
Always been like that on here. The forum has massive favourites.

David Gray had a very poor run of form in our promotion season costing us 4/5 goals and was dropped in favour of Efe at right back. I pointed it out and got slaughtered.

Mallan and Boyle immune tonight while Slivka and Maclaren getting slaughtered. Tonight was a dreadful game in dreadful conditions decided by a mistake by a young defender (who everyone has been crying out to play, he was also dreadful tonight). It's obviously amplified by our poor form but it's not the end of the world. We went into the last break on 4 wins, everyone buzzing. Now we've got a bad patch and everyone is panicking. Relax and see what happens. You can't change it so get right behind them in the next game.

I really hope Hibs are never fan owned.

one day maybe...
10-11-2018, 01:30 AM
I’d say 70% of the people on this forum played football at some point at various levels. I can guarantee you every time they donned their strip they played to win. Tonight’s game was rank not because the players on show from both teams couldn’t play football. The game was rank because we lost playing in weather the Dorothy and the Tin Man would have been happier with.
If we had won 1-0 the Dons fans would have been discussing the same things. GGTTH guys

Borderhibbie76
10-11-2018, 06:17 AM

David Gray had a very poor run of form in our promotion season costing us 4/5 goals and was dropped in favour of Efe at right back. I pointed it out and got slaughtered.

Mallan and Boyle immune tonight while Slivka and Maclaren getting slaughtered. Tonight was a dreadful game in dreadful conditions decided by a mistake by a young defender (who everyone has been crying out to play, he was also dreadful tonight). It's obviously amplified by our poor form but it's not the end of the world. We went into the last break on 4 wins, everyone buzzing. Now we've got a bad patch and everyone is panicking. Relax and see what happens. You can't change it so get right behind them in the next game.

I really hope Hibs are never fan owned.Yup bang on...Boyle and Mallan it appears can do no wrong in some eyes whereas the likes of slivka and Maclaren get dogs abuse. All of the team were poor today I'd say bar Milligan Bogdan and Flo - although he missed some chances. The truth is we just aren't that good at the moment and I can't help but feel another one who gets an easy ride in here..Lennon needs to be looked at??
1/4 of way thru season and yet he has no clue what his strongest 11 is?? His tactics and starting 11 change with the weather and this is HIS team for the first time in his Hibs tenure - he's previously enjoyed the fruits of the Stubbs era and signings bar a few exceptions.
I like Lennon but he ain't the messiah he's made out to be on here...this is his team now and we are in the bottom 6...just not good enough so far imo.

Of all his summer signings only Bogdan and Milligan are improvement s on what we had. Mallan scores free kicks (tho even that has stopped lately) and offers very little else. I don't include the 2 strikers as they were here last season but we needed another striker in during summer window and are far too reliant on Flo and Jamie recapturing last season's form...which they haven't thus far.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

loanheadhibby
10-11-2018, 07:18 AM
Yup bang on...Boyle and Mallan it appears can do no wrong in some eyes whereas the likes of slivka and Maclaren get dogs abuse. All of the team were poor today I'd say bar Milligan Bogdan and Flo - although he missed some chances. The truth is we just aren't that good at the moment and I can't help but feel another one who gets an easy ride in here..Lennon needs to be looked at??
1/4 of way thru season and yet he has no clue what his strongest 11 is?? His tactics and starting 11 change with the weather and this is HIS team for the first time in his Hibs tenure - he's previously enjoyed the fruits of the Stubbs era and signings bar a few exceptions.
I like Lennon but he ain't the messiah he's made out to be on here...this is his team now and we are in the bottom 6...just not good enough so far imo.

Of all his summer signings only Bogdan and Milligan are improvement s on what we had. Mallan scores free kicks (tho even that has stopped lately) and offers very little else. I don't include the 2 strikers as they were here last season but we needed another striker in during summer window and are far too reliant on Flo and Jamie recapturing last season's form...which they haven't thus far.

We're now paying the price for a rank bad transfer window. The recruitment has been poor. Bogdan, Milligan are ok but no one is pulling up any trees.

Borderhibbie76
10-11-2018, 07:19 AM
We're now paying the price for a rank bad transfer window. The recruitment has been poor. Bogdan, Milligan are ok but no one is pulling up any trees.Yup the summer window was poor and it's now showing mate

Jones28
10-11-2018, 07:20 AM
We're now paying the price for a rank bad transfer window. The recruitment has been poor. Bogdan, Milligan are ok but no one is pulling up any trees.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing eh?

The 90+2
10-11-2018, 07:20 AM

Bogdan is the best goalie we’ve had in years and years Milligan is brilliant and Horgan is good. Flo is a touch of class and god only knows what’s going on with Jamie Mac but starting then dropping him then starting again regardless of performance doesn’t help anyone.

The 90+2
10-11-2018, 07:25 AM

I read people voicing concerns on social media and get hounded being called a pant wetter trust the recruitment etc. McGinn and Dylan’s replacements should have started being identified in January in my wee opinion. Instead we weren’t prepared at all for the inevitable. We also sold Murray and didn’t bring anyone in. If we are going to play smash the ball ip the park at least sign a target man.

loanheadhibby
10-11-2018, 07:34 AM

Scary if you think that is hindsight. Were you not on here at end of transfer window? Did anyone actually believe we are stronger than last year? Is Bogdan that much better than Marciano? 2 joe average keepers. Is Milligan better than Dylan? Is Mallan better than McGinn?

The he scouts job should be to find better players. We have not done that.

Jones28
10-11-2018, 07:40 AM
Scary if you think that is hindsight. Were you not on here at end of transfer window? Did anyone actually believe we are stronger than last year? Is Bogdan that much better than Marciano? 2 joe average keepers. Is Milligan better than Dylan? Is Mallan better than McGinn?

The he scouts job should be to find better players. We have not done that.

Come off it ffs, that is pish the bed stuff. Were you asking the same questions before this dip in form? No, nobody was.

We've played Celtic, Hearts and Aberdeen away in three of four games. Saints at home was dreadful but for **** sake. But for a mistake from a young player in Porteus - who has been excellent - we'd be coming away with a point.

cleanyman
10-11-2018, 08:30 AM
I don't think it is.

After our fantastic league season last year our expectations have been heightened and rightly so. However, many Hibs fans deluded themselves into thinking we were a better team than what we actually are.

As I have said we will beat the cannon fodder but we will be judged on our record in the big games that the fans desperately want to win against Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and Hearts. So far we have had 5 games and 0 wins.

Add into the mix that we cannot seem to win at Pittodrie, Tynecastle or Celtic Park(which is never going to be easy) then of course fans are going to be venting their anger.

I keep hearing how terrible Aberdeen are but every time we play them we are guilty of the same errors. One win in eight during Lennon's tenure and ONE league home win against them at ER in over a DECADE.

Aberdeen have been better than Hibs for a number of years and with a very good manager we still have some way to go in matching them

MWHIBBIES
10-11-2018, 08:34 AM

The he scouts job should be to find better players. We have not done that.Hibs won't get better goalies than the current 2 so if you think they are averaging go support someone else. If you don't already that is...

Dancehibs
10-11-2018, 08:38 AM
Slivka was ok night, MacLaren was woeful, again.
Being sort of ok isn’t good enough. Had plenty opportunities to dominate games, he cannot do it.

maclaren doesn’t score he doesn’t contribute. Can’t hold up or link play

loanheadhibby
10-11-2018, 09:48 AM
Hibs won't get better goalies than the current 2 so if you think they are averaging go support someone else. If you don't already that is...

Why won't hibs get better goalkeepers than the current 2? We've had Rough, Goram, Leighton all better than anything else in last 30 years. That's my issue, fans accept average performances but as they play for Hibs it's ok. Always strive for better instead of accepting mediocrity. I'm not saying they are bad keepers but joe average. No better or worse than Killie's, Motherwells etc.

Jones28
10-11-2018, 09:50 AM
Why won't hibs get better goalkeepers than the current 2? We've had Rough, Goram, Leighton all better than anything else in last 30 years. That's my issue, fans accept average performances but as they play for Hibs it's ok. Always strive for better instead of accepting mediocrity. I'm not saying they are bad keepers but joe average. No better or worse than Killie's, Motherwells etc.

The environment we operate in is now so so different to the one you're talking about.

green day
10-11-2018, 09:54 AM

You are trolling.

Both Bogdan and Marciano are very good keepers - if you watched Hibs at all you would know that.

p.s. Alan Rough? Gies peace, he was about 10kg overweight most of the time.

MWHIBBIES
10-11-2018, 09:55 AM

Ah right, we have top players 30 years ago, why can't we get them now. There is striving for better then there is just being silly. You're being silly.

Winston Ingram
10-11-2018, 09:57 AM
I stopped reading the OP when he said he thought MacLaren was ok tonight....

tamig
10-11-2018, 10:08 AM

I think a new breed of poster seems to have emerged post-relegation. The pattern is familiar. Anytime there is a poor result or performance the knives are out and hardly any players are immune from the criticism. A few get it more than most. I remember last season quite a few saying Simon Murray wasn’t good enough for us but now we have folk saying it was a mistake to get rid of him and bring McLaren in instead. Some of the comments are ridiculous and I tend to avoid some threads after a bad result as it’s the same nonsense you see regurgitated time after time. Poisonous is a fair way to describe it.

Hermit Crab
10-11-2018, 10:12 AM
Being sort of ok isn’t good enough. Had plenty opportunities to dominate games, he cannot do it.

No he doesn't, he has been crap the last 2 games, jury is still out for me but if he is just as bad against Dundee then that will make my mind up.

Col_0762
10-11-2018, 10:49 AM

That’s the problem with the midfield; they’re all “ok”. Milligan apart, who does his job well, the rest need to up their game big time. Like you say, being “ok” just simply isn’t good enough. Crying out for someone with a bit of football about them and who can take a game by the scruff of the neck.

Daydreamer
10-11-2018, 10:55 AM
Since Fontaine left there has never been cover for the left hand side centre back position especially now Lennon prefers to play a back three. Since Hanlon has been injured this period the person who has played there has looked extremely uncomfortable in Hanlons position none more than Porteous tonight. A team of Hibs calibre should have another left sided centre back and also a Grant Holt type figure as back up. These two positions must be addressed in January. Also once a young player is 20 years old he must be knocking on the first team door and I feel a reluctance from the manager to play like from like once someone is injured is now causing us harm but changing the team around every game is what you are now getting. Would expect 10 points from 12 next four games.

SChibs
10-11-2018, 11:05 AM

We got the players in the fans were wanting with the exception of Scott Allan. I think agyepong will probably be better than barker so I'm not including him in there.

NAE NOOKIE
10-11-2018, 11:07 AM
Its all about what folk see on the day, or at least it is for me. I love Kamberi but I thought he was rotten, he took fresh air swipes at two balls I would have been disappointed not to make contact with playing walking football and he failed to do the one thing that separates folk who make it as far as amateur level from those who make it as pros, and that's look up … if he had he would have seem MacLaren open with practically a tap in.

On the other hand I have been consistently critical of Slivka for being a 20 minute player …. last night I actually thought he was one of our more committed players getting far more involved than usual, even if he didn't actually create much.

ancient hibee
10-11-2018, 01:29 PM
Its all about what folk see on the day, or at least it is for me. I love Kamberi but I thought he was rotten, he took fresh air swipes at two balls I would have been disappointed not to make contact with playing walking football and he failed to do the one thing that separates folk who make it as far as amateur level from those who make it as pros, and that's look up … if he had he would have seem MacLaren open with practically a tap in.

On the other hand I have been consistently critical of Slivka for being a 20 minute player …. last night I actually thought he was one of our more committed players getting far more involved than usual, even if he didn't actually create much.
Apart from laying on a goal for Kamberi?

NAE NOOKIE
10-11-2018, 01:36 PM
Apart from laying on a goal for Kamberi?

As in the phrase 'didn't create much' as opposed to 'didn't create anything' :rolleyes:

Borderhibbie76
10-11-2018, 02:03 PM

maclaren doesn’t score he doesn’t contribute. Can’t hold up or link playI was fuming last night and still am.today but don't get the criticism of Maclaren...what kind of service did he receive?? Absolutely nothing all night thanks to the likes of Mallan and Boyle being anonymous all night. Slivka at least tried to play forward passes but wasn't that great I admit.

Dunno what either Mallan or Boyle need to do to be dropped or even subbed??? They seem untouchable under Lennon and both have been rank for weeks

calumhibee1
10-11-2018, 02:07 PM

I don’t want to come across as a Slivka hater, but I know I will be. However I’m not sure I’d say Slivkas performances was commited last night when he shat out a 50/50 with (I think) GMS.

Lago
10-11-2018, 02:25 PM
Yup bang on...Boyle and Mallan it appears can do no wrong in some eyes whereas the likes of slivka and Maclaren get dogs abuse. All of the team were poor today I'd say bar Milligan Bogdan and Flo - although he missed some chances. The truth is we just aren't that good at the moment and I can't help but feel another one who gets an easy ride in here..Lennon needs to be looked at??

Suddenly Mallan only scores free kicks, why are you ignoring the fabulous long range scores from open play which everyone raved about ?
Can't be bothered with this nonsense. Anyway Neil is not concerned with a little dip in form.

Borderhibbie76
10-11-2018, 02:28 PM
Suddenly Mallan only scores free kicks, why are you ignoring the fabulous long range scores from open play which everyone raved about ?
Can't be bothered with this nonsense. Anyway Neil is not concerned with a little dip in form.What has Mallan contributed in the last 4 games?? The criticism of him is merited mate he hides in matches he done absolutely nothing last night ...same as the previous 3 matches. He needs to be a bit more than a dead ball specialist

The Green Goblin
10-11-2018, 02:33 PM

Not really. A lot of people were worried about this at the time and said so on here.

eastterrace
10-11-2018, 02:34 PM
What has Mallan contributed in the last 4 games?? The criticism of him is merited mate he hides in matches he done absolutely nothing last night ...same as the previous 3 matches. He needs to be a bit more than a dead ball specialist

He was unlucky against hearts with our three best efforts , also crossed corner for mcgregor head into side netting but other than that what has Malian done for us.[emoji2957]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
10-11-2018, 02:37 PM
He was unlucky against hearts with our three best efforts , also crossed corner for mcgregor head into side netting but other than that what has Malian done for us.[emoji2957]

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkOk fair enough mate but Slivka laid one on a plate for Flo last night and he's getting slated...don't think he was any worse than Mallan last night...just my opinion.

calumhibee1
10-11-2018, 02:44 PM
Not really. A lot of people were worried about this at the time and said so on here.

Yup. Yet the folk who were concerned were hounded and told they’re bed wetters and that while Hearts signed players and we didn’t that we’d be a great side and they’d be pish. Yet here we are, bottom 6, out the cup while Hearts are top of the league and already had a cup semi final.

eastterrace
10-11-2018, 02:44 PM
Ok fair enough mate but Slivka laid one on a plate for Flo last night and he's getting slated...don't think he was any worse than Mallan last night...just my opinion.

Agree Mallan wasn’t very good last night but slivka did make a couple of chances but overall slivka just not very good imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lago
10-11-2018, 03:30 PM
What has Mallan contributed in the last 4 games?? The criticism of him is merited mate he hides in matches he done absolutely nothing last night ...same as the previous 3 matches. He needs to be a bit more than a dead ball specialist

Your being totally selective in your criticism, he is way more that a dead ball player as he will show us all as season progresses.

Borderhibbie76
10-11-2018, 03:39 PM
Your being totally selective in your criticism, he is way more that a dead ball player as he will show us all as season progresses.Sorry but I expect a wee bit more from him and I really Hope your correct and he starts to deliver some better performances for us...we need him to

Lago
10-11-2018, 03:46 PM
Sorry but I expect a wee bit more from him and I really Hope your correct and he starts to deliver some better performances for us...we need him to

Yip, ok hope I'm right, hope you're right.:aok:

nonshinyfinish
10-11-2018, 05:44 PM

I really hope Hibs are never fan owned.

I mostly agree with you, but re: the bit in bold, fan-owned doesn't mean the fans pick the team or sign players.

Crab apple
10-11-2018, 05:50 PM
Since Fontaine left there has never been cover for the left hand side centre back position especially now Lennon prefers to play a back three. Since Hanlon has been injured this period the person who has played there has looked extremely uncomfortable in Hanlons position none more than Porteous tonight. A team of Hibs calibre should have another left sided centre back and also a Grant Holt type figure as back up. These two positions must be addressed in January. Also once a young player is 20 years old he must be knocking on the first team door and I feel a reluctance from the manager to play like from like once someone is injured is now causing us harm but changing the team around every game is what you are now getting. Would expect 10 points from 12 next four games.

I pretty much agree with all of that. We could do with Scott Allan as well.

One Day Soon
10-11-2018, 06:35 PM
I mostly agree with you, but re: the bit in bold, fan-owned doesn't mean the fans pick the team or sign players.

Thank ****.

MWHIBBIES
10-11-2018, 06:59 PM

No, but any decisions made by emotional fans after a poor run would be disastrous.

Wilson
10-11-2018, 07:07 PM
No, but any decisions made by emotional fans after a poor run would be disastrous.

You say that with only an eye on the current situation. If decisions had been made by emotional fans when Calderwoid or Butcher were in charge you might think different.

There would have to be checks and balances in place anyway. No single fan or group of fans is right all the time.

SingaporeHibs
10-11-2018, 07:14 PM

McLaren in particular- had Flo looked up and crossed the ball, Mclaren was perfectly placed to put the ball into a practically empty net. As a striker you need service and it’s easy to pick on them for not doing something but if they don’t get the chance to do it........

B.H.F.C
10-11-2018, 07:24 PM

Not quite sure that’s how fan ownership works to be fair. Although I’m no expert on it.

CropleyWasGod
11-11-2018, 09:03 AM
Not quite sure that’s how fan ownership works to be fair. Although I’m no expert on it.It isn't.

The shareholders delegate the running of the club to people who know how to do that. As happens just now.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Greenbeard
11-11-2018, 09:35 AM
Yup the summer window was poor and it's now showing mate

P*sh. It was a decent enough window - Flo-Mac, Milligan, Mallan, Horgan, Bogan have all proved worthy signings, granted Flo-Mac more based on what they did last season. Just things haven't clicked for some yet. And I still think Aggie can make some impact.

I don't get all this Boyle is immune cr*p. Haven't read any praise for him on here about Friday's performance, just justified criticism. No excuses for him. McLaren though, poor as he was on Fri, still gets the benefit of the doubt in my book 'cos he needs games. He is also now going to go another 3 weeks before playing as seems unlikely to get game time in Oz (or not much of it) and will be goosed when returning so highly unlikely to feature v Dundee.