PDA

View Full Version : Avoid Hibs.net if Hibs lose

Cat Stanton
10-11-2018, 12:26 AM
It's the best advice available.

I've glanced at the threads tonight and they are all full of knee-jerk gibberish. Having lived through genuinely ***** Hibs times, I refuse to wallow in this pish in (relatively) good times.

Good night, Hibs.net. See you in a week.

Lancs Harp
10-11-2018, 12:34 AM
Message boards are all the same. The world will still be turning tomorrow morning when we wake up, but its the modern way to vent ones spleen across social media when your team has a bad night, especially if it was shortly after one or two other bad nights and then add to the mix these boards are invariably inhabited by middle aged men who have a natural propensity to moan about virtually anything and you have a read like tonights.

Babyshamble
10-11-2018, 12:41 AM
Pretty much spot on.also when we do get beat. Folk that don't normally post that would like to say what they think get the Ltyf treatment...

stoneyburn hibs
10-11-2018, 12:45 AM
I get the sentiment and the irony.

Hi Heid Yin
10-11-2018, 02:14 AM

I've glanced at the threads tonight and they are all full of knee-jerk gibberish. Having lived through genuinely ***** Hibs times, I refuse to wallow in this pish in (relatively) good times.

Says the guy who "did not avoid Hibs.Net after a defeat"
:wink:

Doh Rae Me
10-11-2018, 06:11 AM
That's exactly what I did, well, for 8 hours anyway. The title of posts on here are really knee jerk and pathetic.
Last night could have gone anyway under those conditions but in the end we lose by a slack pass.
No need to trash any Hibs player, from what I seen, they all played as well as conditions allowed.
Get over it, I'm looking forward to the next game.
GGTTH

Jim44
10-11-2018, 07:08 AM
Go to any football forum for a read when their team has lost a match, especially when it’s during a relatively lean spell, and you’ll find threads and posts like the ones that appear to upset the emotionally well balanced, take it on the chin happy clappers. That’s football forums for you.

The 90+2
10-11-2018, 07:09 AM
1 point out 12, what do people expect?

Dalianwanda
10-11-2018, 07:13 AM

Yeah but apart from the terrible result against St J, these were away to Hearts (with 10 men), Celtic and Aberdeen. Hopefully we start to pick up some points and confidence from now on.

The 90+2
10-11-2018, 07:15 AM
Yeah but apart from the terrible result against St J, these were away to Hearts (with 10 men), Celtic and Aberdeen. Hopefully we start to pick up some points and confidence from now on.

It’s not the losses it’s the manner for me. All performances bar 30 at Celtic have been dreadful and our squad exposed.

Hopefully tho 👍

cleanyman
10-11-2018, 09:23 AM
Its the performances that worry me

How many times will we hear that Aberdeen, Hearts and St.Johnstone are ***** and play hoofball? We are guilty of exactly the same thing and cannot beat these teams

Its excuse after excuse

We will beat the cannon fodder but there is no way Hibs will be playing european football next year

calumhibee1
10-11-2018, 09:25 AM
Its the performances that worry me

How many times will we hear that Aberdeen, Hearts and St.Johnstone are ***** and play hoofball? We are guilty of exactly the same thing and cannot beat these teams

Its excuse after excuse

We will beat the cannon fodder but there is no way Hibs will be playing european football next year

Pretty much how I see it. We look like a team made for taking points off the bottom 6 most of the time. When it comes to playing the big boys we aren’t turning up.

Scotty Leither
10-11-2018, 09:28 AM
We've got posters on here trying to justify a defeat from St Johnstone, a team that's followed by three men and a dug.

Don't complain though, it's the Hibs.net way.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-11-2018, 09:36 AM
Surely you have to take the good with the bad? I would be very surprised if Hibs.net is the only fan's website that goes into extremes after a string of iffy results. IMO stoney silence if no one cared would be worse.

One Day Soon
10-11-2018, 10:04 AM
Oh I don’t know, times like last night and this morning on here can serve a useful purpose. Everyone generally outs themselves.

Most obviously it allows the core groups of miserablists and fellow travellers to step into plain view; the utterly incontinent Bed Wetters, the pished, those who clearly know eff all about football, those with a patently obvious anti-Petrie axe to grind in thread after thread, the specific player haters, the folk who’s week or month has been too grim to be able to cope with a defeat, the irrationally demanding, the trolls and the stirrers, the nouveau YamFuds, the deep sleeper YamFuds, the poseur contrarians, the anti-Lennonists, the Dempster haters and assorted ‘you can’t handle the truth’ posters who seem to be as happy mixing it in the face of all reason about Hibs as they are about anything else. I always wonder what it’s like in these people’s families when someone loses their keys, or orders them the wrong kind of coffee or forgets to record their tv show for them.

In amongst that carnival of Hibernian based Masochism and Sado-Masochism there are a relatively limited number of constructively critical posters who post thoughtfully on what’s going right and what’s going wrong - more or less objectively- without it being the end of all humanity as we know it. (Not me, I’m a happy clapper.) Those are worth reading, they’re usually quite insightful.

Still, it is generally like wading through a tsunami of ****.

Scotty Leither
10-11-2018, 10:08 AM
Oh I don’t know, times like last night and this morning on here can serve a useful purpose. Everyone generally outs themselves.

Most obviously it allows the core groups of miserablists and fellow travellers to step into plain view; the utterly incontinent Bed Wetters, the pished, those who clearly know eff all about football, those with a patently obvious anti-Petrie axe to grind in thread after thread, the specific player haters, the folk who’s week or month has been too grim to be able to cope with a defeat, the irrationally demanding, the trolls and the stirrers, the nouveau YamFuds, the deep sleeper YamFuds, the poseur contrarians, the anti-Lennonists, the Dempster haters and assorted ‘you can’t handle the truth’ posters who seem to be as happy mixing it in the face of all reason about Hibs as they are about anything else. I always wonder what it’s like in these people’s families when someone loses their keys, or orders them the wrong kind of coffee or forgets to record their tv show for them.

In amongst that carnival of Hibernian based Masochism and Sado-Masochism there are a relatively limited number of constructively critical posters who post thoughtfully on what’s going right and what’s going wrong - more or less objectively- without it being the end of all humanity as we know it. (Not me, I’m a happy clapper.) Those are worth reading, they’re usually quite insightful.

Yup...Would you include your own missives in that as well?

Nice effort, though - you should submit that to "Pseud's corner" in Private Eye.

heretoday
10-11-2018, 10:16 AM
People need to blow off steam. Nothing wrong with that.
A soldier's right to moan.....

The Green Goblin
10-11-2018, 10:19 AM
Ffs, ANOTHER negative thread after a defeat!! I’m going to start giving this place a miss after defeats from now on. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
10-11-2018, 10:26 AM
People need to blow off steam. Nothing wrong with that.
A soldier's right to moan.....

I think that's about it. Almost everyone loves a moan when their team loses. Trying to compare it to everyday trivialities is a bit daft as the whole emotional investment in 22 men booting a piece of leather about is irrational.

It's always been like this. The football forum, Facebook etc have just been added to the pub, car, train etc as places people vent after a defeat. The difference is online it's harder for someone to tell the guy who takes it too far to shut up because he's boring everyone. In an physical social setting the conversation moves on, online the same ground gets covered again and again.

matty_f
10-11-2018, 10:27 AM
I think that's about it. Almost everyone loves a moan when their team loses. Trying to compare it to everyday trivialities is a bit daft as the whole emotional investment in 22 men booting a piece of leather about is irrational.

It's always been like this. The football forum, Facebook etc have just been added to the pub, car, train etc as places people vent after a defeat. The difference is online it's harder for someone to tell the guy who takes it too far to shut up because he's boring everyone. In an physical social setting the conversation moves on, online the same ground gets covered again and again.

The same stuff gets covered time and time again? I'd never noticed! :faf:

What I like about this site when we lose is that I get to stop worrying about some posters that we've not seen for ages when things have been good.

One Day Soon
10-11-2018, 10:31 AM
Yup...Would you include your own missives in that as well?

Nice effort, though - you should submit that to "Pseud's corner" in Private Eye.

You should have seen the first version, but there’s still enough in there for anyone who wants to see themselves...

I don’t read Private Eye, I find Ian Hislop a complete tool.

Scotty Leither
10-11-2018, 10:39 AM
If there's a longer version of what you posted, then thanks for editing it...

I kind of lost track at "nouveau yam fuds" and "poseur contrarians" though...is that some kind of avant-garde political protest party?

Since90+2
10-11-2018, 10:44 AM

Posting a thread on Hibs.net to say avoid hibs.net. Fantastic.

One Day Soon
10-11-2018, 10:47 AM
If there's a longer version of what you posted, then thanks for editing it...

I kind of lost track at "nouveau yam fuds" and "poseur contrarians" though...is that some kind of avant-garde political protest party?

Not longer, just one including geographical locations.

One Day Soon
10-11-2018, 10:48 AM
Posting a thread on Hibs.net to say avoid hibs.net. Fantastic.

I know right, like putting road signs next to roads. Crazy stuff.

Scotty Leither
10-11-2018, 10:51 AM
Not longer, just one including geographical locations.

That might have been mildly more interesting then. Any chance of putting the original one up, and then we can compare the two of them?

Gloucester Hibs
10-11-2018, 10:54 AM
For once I think the international break is a welcome one!

One Day Soon
10-11-2018, 11:03 AM
That might have been mildly more interesting then. Any chance of putting the original one up, and then we can compare the two of them?

For something so uninteresting you seem to be posting about it regularly enough. Speaking of Pseud’s Corner, isn’t it at about this point in a thread you start mentioning your English degree?

Scotty Leither
10-11-2018, 11:13 AM
For something so uninteresting you seem to be posting about it regularly enough. Speaking of Pseud’s Corner, isn’t it at about this point in a thread you start mentioning your English degree?

I've mentioned that once pal, in a thread from weeks back when I was being taken to task 're the "context" of comments, so thought it was appropriate at the time.

I think I said on the same thread that it doesn't really bother me if folk disagree with my views though, it is a "forum" for a wide range of opinions on all things Hibs, after all.

You seem to have the hump though that people are reacting/commenting on what you've posted - or are you just irked that your "look at me" post hasn't met with the widespread approval and appreciation of your acid wit that you were looking for?

Eyrie
10-11-2018, 11:14 AM
Message boards are all the same. The world will still be turning tomorrow morning when we wake up, but its the modern way to vent ones spleen across social media when your team has a bad night, especially if it was shortly after one or two other bad nights and then add to the mix these boards are invariably inhabited by middle aged men who have a natural propensity to moan about virtually anything and you have a read like tonights.

Speaking as a middle aged man, the standard of moaning is poorer than it used to be.

matty_f
10-11-2018, 11:17 AM
Speaking as a middle aged man, the standard of moaning is poorer than it used to be.

I agree. Used to be a much higher calibre of moan on here.

SirDavidsNapper
10-11-2018, 11:18 AM
I don't know if it's faux outrage or what but seems OTT. Lost two in a row and it isn't good but we've lost 2 goals in those 2 defeats. It's not the end of the world.

Pretty Boy
10-11-2018, 11:21 AM
I agree. Used to be a much higher calibre of moan on here.

I think a lot of the middle aged moaners have reached that sarcastic, unfunny 50 something phase and are at the end of their career. Where are the 'youngsters' coming through to replace these guys? Not good enough from the recruitment team imo.

Northernhibee
10-11-2018, 11:42 AM
I think a lot of the middle aged moaners have reached that sarcastic, unfunny 50 something phase and are at the end of their career. Where are the 'youngsters' coming through to replace these guys? Not good enough from the recruitment team imo.

I’ve been doing my best...

Wilson
10-11-2018, 11:48 AM
I don't know if it's faux outrage or what but seems OTT. Lost two in a row and it isn't good but we've lost 2 goals in those 2 defeats. It's not the end of the world.

We've lost three out of four. Failing to score against a depleted Hearts side who are in a bit of a slump themselves and not troubling the one side, St. Johnstone, who we might actually have hoped to take points off.

I can understand if people feel that the reaction are knee-jerk or ott. At least look at the full picture though instead of dismissing it as last night's loss or the last two games.

People are letting the fact we were good last season cloud the fact that we are not up to much this one.

The excuses? Windy in Aberdeen? That affects both teams. Injuries? Aye - us and everyone else. Maybe those with a negative outlook would be appeased if the happy clapper's heads weren't so firmly in the sand?

One Day Soon
10-11-2018, 11:49 AM
I've mentioned that once pal, in a thread from weeks back when I was being taken to task 're the "context" of comments, so thought it was appropriate at the time.

I think I said on the same thread that it doesn't really bother me if folk disagree with my views though, it is a "forum" for a wide range of opinions on all things Hibs, after all.

You seem to have the hump though that people are reacting/commenting on what you've posted - or are you just irked that your "look at me" post hasn't met with the widespread approval and appreciation of your acid wit that you were looking for?

So your Pseud’s Corner jibe ok, mine on your English Degree not ok. Got it.

Scotty Leither
10-11-2018, 11:53 AM
So your Pseud’s Corner jibe ok, mine on your English Degree not ok. Got it.

I wasn't going to come back and just leave you with your heid in the soup, but did you miss anybody in your original post/rant/howl at the moon jibe-a-thon?

One Day Soon
10-11-2018, 11:59 AM

I know I have. Thinking of treading the well-worn path of mutually consented and then a free transfer to a Dunfermline forum where 50 something pish is the standard fare.

NAE NOOKIE
10-11-2018, 12:19 PM
I wasn't going to come back and just leave you with your heid in the soup, but did you miss anybody in your original post/rant/howl at the moon jibe-a-thon?

I think the point is that initially you picked on the way he posted rather than what he said that caused the issue mate. I tend to make long posts in order to hammer home my points and its not that unusual to have folk pick on the length of them rather than argue for or against their content. My take on that is, if you are too lazy or too stupid to read posts that consist of more than two sentences that's your problem, not mine :greengrin

PatHead
10-11-2018, 12:22 PM
I know I have. Thinking of treading the well-worn path of mutually consented and then a free transfer to a Dunfermline forum where 50 something pish is the standard fare.

Hey less of the ageism!!!!!!

If these pesky youngsters are allowed to post crap so are us more mature posters.

NAE NOOKIE
10-11-2018, 12:32 PM
Hey less of the ageism!!!!!!

If these pesky youngsters are allowed to post crap so are us more mature posters.

Indeed :agree:

What those whippersnappers don't understand is that it takes a wealth of accumulated knowledge and life experience to be able to post nonsense of real quality … some of these KIDS !!! think they are posting crap, but mostly their attempts lack the real depth of middle age or senior citizen drivel :aok:

Glory Lurker
10-11-2018, 12:42 PM
There are more important things in life, sure, but if folk are hacked off they should get it off their chests - the whole thing about bottling stuff up not being good for you?

Lancs Harp
10-11-2018, 12:49 PM
And you cant really beat having a good moan about the moaners :greengrin

There will be better days than last night fellas.

We are Hibs

:flag:

pollution
10-11-2018, 12:58 PM
I hesitated posting this but my concerns lie deeper than a string of poor results.

Events at Tynecastle seem to have focused a lot of unwanted attention to the team and Neil in particular. IMO the St Johnston game was an opportunity

to get back on track and we blew it. I don't understand the chopping and changing of the line ups. First half at Pittodrie poor second half so positive.

Why? It seems bewildering to me. How many times do we read posts screaming for Neil to make a sub too late in the game.

In my view I think Neil needs to be more positive in his outlook. Take the game to the opposition in the first half rather than fire fight in the second.

That is the way Hibs play, is it not?

The next three or four games will be defining for the whole season.

Bostonhibby
10-11-2018, 01:13 PM
I think a lot of the middle aged moaners have reached that sarcastic, unfunny 50 something phase and are at the end of their career. Where are the 'youngsters' coming through to replace these guys? Not good enough from the recruitment team imo.Ageism at it worst[emoji6]

That's why I've always lied about my age on here. You don't have to be old to be a boring self important pedantic erse[emoji5]

Especially when Hibs lose, the pies are crap, the seagulls are at it again, the tannoys aren't working, lennon didn't pick the team I recommended, our club hasn't issued a statement, our coaching team only sign injured players etc etc.

Right I'm off to the pub.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Lancs Harp
10-11-2018, 01:20 PM
Ageism at it worst[emoji6]

That's why I've always lied about my age on here. You don't have to be old to be a boring self important pedantic erse[emoji5]

Especially when Hibs lose, the pies are crap, the seagulls are at it again, the tannoys aren't working, lennon didn't pick the team I recommended, our club hasn't issued a statement, our coaching team only sign injured players etc etc.

Classic line :greengrin

Not as good as "Right Im off to the pub" line mind you. :wink:

One Day Soon
10-11-2018, 01:26 PM
Ageism at it worst[emoji6]

Our lack of statements are the worst. Every time we have an opportunity to consolidate our position as a top four statement maker we just resort to effective use of twitter, tv interviews and sullen silence. Why have a club PC and printer with digital scanner/fax function and not use it? And when Lennon does make a statement he picks adjectives and nouns that don’t suit the statement system we play. Why did he sign such poor additions to our vocabulary in the Summer? And don’t get me started on Mclaren, I don’t think he used a single metaphor the whole 90 minutes last night.

Bostonhibby
10-11-2018, 01:27 PM
Our lack of statements are the worst. Every time we have an opportunity to consolidate our position as a top four statement maker we just resort to effective use of twitter, tv interviews and sullen silence. Why have a club PC and printer with digital scanner/fax function and not use it? And when Lennon does make a statement he picks adjectives and nouns that don’t suit the statement system we play. Why did he sign such poor additions to our vocabulary in the Summer? And don’t get me started on Mclaren, I don’t think he used a single metaphor the whole 90 minutes last night.Worst of all my local doesn't have WiFi. I blame Hibs, and the Middle aged landlord.

Hermit Crab
10-11-2018, 01:28 PM
We've had our 1 good season. Now back to same old Hibs.

One Day Soon
10-11-2018, 01:32 PM
We've had our 1 good season. Now back to same old Hibs.

Oh. I thought we’d had two good seasons in a row and that this one wasn’t even a third gone yet...

Since90+2
10-11-2018, 01:44 PM
Oh. I thought we’d had two good seasons in a row and that this one wasn’t even a third gone yet...

Depends whether or not Hibs winning the second tier of Scottish football is deemed a good season or not. Personally for me it's not.

Hermit Crab
10-11-2018, 01:44 PM
Depends whether or not Hibs winning the second tier of Scottish football is deemed a good season or not. Personally for me it's not.

:agree: Is it ****!

Pretty Boy
10-11-2018, 01:47 PM

It was the best we could achieve at that time though and we did what needed to be done comfortably. As far as I'm concerned meeting our key objective is a good season.

Smartie
10-11-2018, 01:47 PM

The season prior to the seasons to which you refer had it's moments too.

silverhibee
10-11-2018, 01:50 PM

Ageist comments, Deary me. :greengrin

One Day Soon
10-11-2018, 01:51 PM

What would have made it a good season then?

Leithwalk
10-11-2018, 02:00 PM
Ageist comments, Deary me. :greengrin

Time to invest in a hibs.net academy?

Mango Man
10-11-2018, 02:05 PM
The season prior to the seasons to which you refer had it's moments too.

Indeed, I consider the last 3 seasons probably the best I've had following Hibs.

Since90+2
10-11-2018, 02:08 PM
It was the best we could achieve at that time though and we did what needed to be done comfortably. As far as I'm concerned meeting our key objective is a good season.

We done what we had to do when Hearts and Rangers had already departed the league.

We won a league against sides that we should expect to beat every week. I'd say we done what we had to do however for me it's not a good season by the standards Hibs should be setting.

NAE NOOKIE
10-11-2018, 02:11 PM
Time to invest in a hibs.net academy?

Aye? … good luck with that mate.

When I was a kid we were out on the streets or in the park until the street lights came on learning how to moan gripe and complain through practical life experience. Now the kids are all on X BOX complain or the Wii gripe … they have no practical real life experience of this sort of thing any more :bitchy:

BILLYHIBS
10-11-2018, 02:15 PM
Good advice 👍🏾

Smartie
10-11-2018, 02:18 PM
We done what we had to do when Hearts and Rangers had already departed the league.

We won a league against sides that we should expect to beat every week. I'd say we done what we had to do however for me it's not a good season by the standards Hibs should be setting.

There haven't actually been that many seasons over the years when we can consider us to have done what we set out to do.

4th or higher, win a trophy or win the first division. Lennon has achieved what he set out to do every season he's been in charge - I wouldn't scoff at winning what is a tricky league to get out of. Ourselves, Sevco and Dundee United have laboured over getting out of that league. Falkirk have been stuck in it for ages.

ancient hibee
10-11-2018, 02:22 PM
Aye? … good luck with that mate.

When I was a kid we were out on the streets or in the park until the street lights came on learning how to moan gripe and complain through practical life experience. Now the kids are all on X BOX complain or the Wii gripe … they have no practical real life experience of this sort of thing any more :bitchy:
Yeh.In the words of the great Eddie Cochran. “Come Moan Everybody” -what’s happened?

The 90+2
10-11-2018, 02:23 PM
What would have made it a good season then?

Making a cup final at least considering we won one the season before?

Weegreenman
10-11-2018, 02:36 PM
When the chips are doon, time to support the boys even more. The good with the bad. :scarf::clapper::nlgwa

hibsbollah
10-11-2018, 02:48 PM
Yeh.In the words of the great Eddie Cochran. “Come Moan Everybody” -what’s happened?

We can't even blame the Summertime Blues :I'm waiti

One Day Soon
10-11-2018, 07:42 PM
Making a cup final at least considering we won one the season before?

That's the best you can come up with? We get out of the Championship as winners, having failed to do so in the two preceding seasons, and you honestly think it wasn't a good season because we didn't get to a cup final?

SingaporeHibs
10-11-2018, 07:56 PM
Sack the board (no, not really). Sack the manager (that would be stupid) Sack someone, anyone because that would help (no, that won’t). Sometimes Football kicks you right in the nuts (metaphorically) and we’re bang in that zone. Thankfully after today’s result the league remains tight but we’ve really given ourself no room for error.
I’m still hopeful that this side is good enough to produce a push to the top 3. But it needs to start falling into place soon or the current ‘blip’ becomes a much bigger issue. For now, I still believe

Since90+2
11-11-2018, 07:03 AM
That's the best you can come up with? We get out of the Championship as winners, having failed to do so in the two preceding seasons, and you honestly think it wasn't a good season because we didn't get to a cup final?

For it to be a good season you have to exceed expectations, if you just do what's required that's not a good season , it's average. If we had won it with Rangers or Hearts in it,two teams we have historically finished lower than , then I'd tend to agree it was a good season however we failed to do that.

Winning the Scottish second tier with no other big clubs in it wasn't achieving anything out of the ordinary, it was the minimum required.

JimBHibees
11-11-2018, 08:12 AM
Indeed, I consider the last 3 seasons probably the best I've had following Hibs.

Totally agree. If winning the Scottish cup and narrowly beaten in league cup plus being done over in play offs isn't a good season then I don't know what is.

Baldy Foghorn
11-11-2018, 08:13 AM
When the chips are doon, time to support the boys even more. The good with the bad. :scarf::clapper::nlgwa

:aok::top marks

Heisenberg
11-11-2018, 08:50 AM
It’s always toys out the pram when we lose these days because we haven’t been used to it. Plenty games left and a chance to improve the squad in January, which is exactly when we started to improve last season as well.

A team with McGinn/McGeough hardly ripped the league to bits in the first half of last season.

Jack Hackett
11-11-2018, 03:10 PM
I do it automatically these days. First day back on here since the game. I'm depressed enough after a defeat, regardless of who it's against, and have no desire to deepen that depression by trawling through pages of negativity. I'm not a happy clapper by any stretch, but some of the reactions recently are truly :rolleyes:. We are Hibs... not Barcelona, and that's not going to change any time soon. Some people need to adjust their expectations in line with this.

Wilson
11-11-2018, 03:42 PM
I do it automatically these days. First day back on here since the game. I'm depressed enough after a defeat, regardless of who it's against, and have no desire to deepen that depression by trawling through pages of negativity. I'm not a happy clapper by any stretch, but some of the reactions recently are truly :rolleyes:. We are Hibs... not Barcelona, and that's not going to change any time soon. Some people need to adjust their expectations in line with this.

Sorry but that's rubbish. We are hibs not Barcelona correct. But we're also not la liga and Aberdeen are not Real Madrid. What can change any time soon is going to places like Tynecastle and Pittodrie and fighting like we want a result.

Too many in here accept that we don't get results at these places so we shouldn't expect them.

Some people need to adjust their expectations for hibs upwards.

We have a top manager. He is being well supported. Let's ask for better?

B.H.F.C
11-11-2018, 03:57 PM

Agree with this. I’ve been a bit critical the last couple of weeks but it’s because I think we are capable of better.

I wasn’t upset after the Celtic defeat. We actually showed a bit bottle and tried to have a go that day. They have better players 1-11 and they all played well that day so there’s not much you can do in that situation.

We went to Tynecastle a few days later, set up very negatively and stopped doing everything that had been working for us up until that point. And we’ve struggled to shake that off since IMO.

Jack Hackett
11-11-2018, 04:09 PM
Sorry but that's rubbish. We are hibs not Barcelona correct. But we're also not la liga and Aberdeen are not Real Madrid. What can change any time soon is going to places like Tynecastle and Pittodrie and fighting like we want a result.

Too many in here accept that we don't get results at these places so we shouldn't expect them.

Football at the level Hibs play is often a lottery. A goal line clearance or two at one end... a bad short pass to a wrong footed player and a decent shot at goal at the other, were basically the difference between winning and losing on Fri. It happens in reverse when we take points we don't deserve. There are teams punching way above their weight in the league atm, and expecting to turn up and win leads to the kind of reaction we see on here when we don't. It's a sense of entitlement I don't have as I have been a Hibby for over 50 years and seen the best and the worst. What I don't do is come on here and vent my spleen because another result didn't go our way. If others want to do it, and it makes them feel better, crack on. I fail to see what difference it's going to make to our results though.

PatHead
11-11-2018, 05:41 PM
Is it safe to come back yet?

Just Alf
11-11-2018, 05:50 PM
Is it safe to come back yet?Nope, remember what Sunday it is....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bobby's Cinema
11-11-2018, 06:00 PM
Agree with the OP.

Its a very tight league and our next two home games are Dundee and St Mirren while a few in the top 6 will play eachother.

Tucked in not too bad if you ask me with a tough run out the way. St J and Aberdeen have shown how quickly the table can change with a few results.

I trust NL to get a reaction from the players next game, don't see why I should do otherwise :aok:

ancient hibee
11-11-2018, 06:13 PM

You don’t consider that playing with 10 men against the team top of the league and drawing is fighting for a result then?

Since90+2
11-11-2018, 06:21 PM
You don’t consider that playing with 10 men against the team top of the league and drawing is fighting for a result then?

Hearts were absolutely ravaged by injuries and were there for the taking. They also played on the Sunday afternoon and had limited rest time whereas we had about a full week to prepare. It's a game we should have won.

green day
11-11-2018, 06:25 PM
Is it safe to come back yet?

Nope, could be a while.....

CMurdoch
11-11-2018, 06:27 PM

Much truth in there and an entertaining read :aok:.

calumhibee1
11-11-2018, 06:41 PM
Agree with the OP.

Its a very tight league and our next two home games are Dundee and St Mirren while a few in the top 6 will play eachother.

Tucked in not too bad if you ask me with a tough run out the way. St J and Aberdeen have shown how quickly the table can change with a few results.

I trust NL to get a reaction from the players next game, don't see why I should do otherwise :aok:

Points wise we’re maybe not too far behind but we should never be looking at being in 8th place of a 12 team league as being tucked in not too bad.

BILLYHIBS
11-11-2018, 06:43 PM

Excellent post.

One small point I might be one of the people mentioned but we have Catch Up TV in our hoose 😁👍🏾⚽️🏆🇳🇬

Greenbeard
11-11-2018, 06:44 PM
Sack the board (no, not really). Sack the manager (that would be stupid) Sack someone, anyone because that would help (no, that won’t). Sometimes Football kicks you right in the nuts (metaphorically) and we’re bang in that zone. Thankfully after today’s result the league remains tight but we’ve really given ourself no room for error.
I’m still hopeful that this side is good enough to produce a push to the top 3. But it needs to start falling into place soon or the current ‘blip’ becomes a much bigger issue. For now, I still believe

Same. Celtic loss - no shame in that. 0-0 v them was v predictable. Loss to St J poor. Loss to the Sheep not a massive blow - I still think, despite not playing well, we deserved something from the match. So it is a baddish run of results but not a disastrous one and folk have short memories given how well we have played in some matches so far this season. Lacking some consistency maybe, but although the league is much more evenly matched this season, I still believe we are the third best team in the league. Not by much mind, but I'll be hoping for a wee unbeaten run coming up and 10 points from the next four matches.

jacomo
11-11-2018, 10:08 PM

:agree:

No shortage of people declaring their love for Hibs and Neil Lennon when we are winning.

It’s when we hit a tricky spell that you see what people are made of.

ancient hibee
11-11-2018, 10:22 PM
Hearts were absolutely ravaged by injuries and were there for the taking. They also played on the Sunday afternoon and had limited rest time whereas we had about a full week to prepare. It's a game we should have won.
So you don’t think we were fighting for a result either?

SirDavidsNapper
12-11-2018, 06:41 AM

I'm sure Hibs would have preferred a game in between. No game in 10 days is more a hindrance than a help.

BILLYHIBS
12-11-2018, 07:06 AM
So you don’t think we were fighting for a result either?
Yip! Certainly fighting for a result. Looking at Lennys team selection it looks as though we were fighting for a draw. In fairness he was about to bring on Jamie MAC up top beside Flo then Flo got sent off so his hand was forced. Happy with a draw Hearts were their usual ****bag selves

JimBHibees
12-11-2018, 08:18 AM

No shortage of people declaring their love for Hibs and Neil Lennon when we are winning.

It’s when we hit a tricky spell that you see what people are made of.

Agree certainly seem some very keen to put the boot in when in a ropey spell, suppose just modern society and the instant gratification generation.

matty_f
12-11-2018, 08:28 AM
Agree certainly seem some very keen to put the boot in when in a ropey spell, suppose just modern society and the instant gratification generation.

One Day Soon
12-11-2018, 12:27 PM

And a fair few attention Trolls too.

we are hibs
12-11-2018, 12:55 PM
And a fair few attention Trolls too.

You're including yourself there I assume.

SquashedFrogg
12-11-2018, 01:15 PM

A sense of balance and proportion? Things don't always go the way you want. It's life. As has been pointed out, we have endured some really poor times in the past. A few bad results in the midst of a relatively positive period in our history and people can't handle it.

I often wonder how some people cope in the real world when things don't go their way.

MrSmith
12-11-2018, 02:46 PM
I've been avoiding .net for the last 4 games :(

We are going through a bit of a rough patch but FFS, you'd think we had died and built an astronomically expensive bus shelter never mind gotten ourselves into £40m of debt again.

Its Hibs we support, when has it been different?

Scotty Leither
12-11-2018, 05:41 PM
You're including yourself there I assume.

Watch yourself, we are hibs, you'll hurt his feelings.

One Day Soon
12-11-2018, 09:24 PM
Watch yourself, we are hibs, you'll hurt his feelings.

:faf: You're a sensitive wee soul eh?

Scotty Leither
12-11-2018, 09:32 PM
:faf: You're a sensitive wee soul eh?

i - r - o - n - y

Since90+2
13-11-2018, 06:39 AM
i - r - o - n - y

Agreed.

BILLYHIBS
13-11-2018, 06:58 AM
Just added thread title to my list of things to do to enjoy a happy retirement :greengrin

One Day Soon
13-11-2018, 11:32 AM
Just added thread title to my list of things to do to enjoy a happy retirement :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
13-11-2018, 11:38 AM
If we are beaten by Dundee next game, staying away might be a good idea!