PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen v Hibs player ratings

NAE NOOKIE
09-11-2018, 11:04 PM
From the telly, so in time honoured fashion I'll defer to those that were there:

Bogdan …. 7 ….. I didn't see him do anything wrong and his handling was excellent in difficult conditions … he might have saved the goal, but it was well struck so it would have been an above average save to be honest.

Ambrose …. 7 …. In all honesty he strolled through the game for me and never seemed under a lot of pressure, did well on a few occasions.

McGregor … 7 …. Was first to just about every ball that came into our box and did extremely well when May got past Bogdan.

Porteous … 6 …. He loses a point for that pass, but to be fair to him he never let it affect him and he stuck to his duties pretty well, that's twice he's given away free kicks in dangerous areas with a booking to go with it against Aberdeen by diving in on GMS … needs to be smarter against guys like him.

Stevenson … 6 … Not particularly effective going forward tonight, worked hard as he always does … though it seemed to me that Porteous was often doing his left back duties for him.

Milligan … 7 … Defended well and stopped a really good Aberdeen chance with a superb challenge in the box.

Mallan …. 6 ….. Neat and tidy for the most part, but just doesn't have that explosive spark we need … this seems to be my take on him after every game.

Slivka … 6 …. To be fair to him he got involved far more than I have seen him recently, but to little effect in all honesty.

Boyle … 6 …. Played a couple of really dangerous balls into the box which we should have done far better with … that aside had very little impact.

MacLaren …. 5 …. Nowhere near the player he was last season, but he isn't getting the chances he was last season either.

Kamberi …. 5 …. One of his worst performances in a Hibs jersey … scuffed at two decent chances failing to make contact with the ball on both occasions, though his movement was good at one of them. His failure to look up to see MacLaren with what would have been close to an open goal was extremely poor for a professional player … and if you are going to go for the glory yourself at least look at the goal before blasting the ball 10 feet over the bar.

SUBS:

Horgan …. 4 …. Looked up for it, but didn't get nearly enough time to make an impression.

Allan …. 4 … Tried to get involved, but same as Horgan not enough time.

Neil Lennon. Why when we had failed to trouble Aberdeen after losing the goal and we just didn't look like making a breakthrough did he wait until the last 10 minutes to gamble, its not as if Aberdeen were destroying us with rapier like attacks and in all honesty our defence was coping pretty well.

The last few games have thrown into stark focus how badly we need a midfield player who can take a game by the scruff of the neck and that we need another experienced striker.

The Harp Awakes
09-11-2018, 11:10 PM
From the telly, so in time honoured fashion I'll defer to those that were there:

Bogdan …. 7 ….. I didn't see him do anything wrong and his handling was excellent in difficult conditions … he might have saved the goal, but it was well struck so it would have been an above average save to be honest.

Ambrose …. 7 …. In all honesty he strolled through the game for me and never seemed under a lot of pressure, did well on a few occasions.

McGregor … 7 …. Was first to just about every ball that came into our box and did extremely well when May got past Bogdan.

Porteous … 6 …. He loses a point for that pass, but to be fair to him he never let it affect him and he stuck to his duties pretty well, that's twice he's given away free kicks in dangerous areas with a booking to go with it against Aberdeen by diving in on GMS … needs to be smarter against guys like him.

Stevenson … 6 … Not particularly effective going forward tonight, worked hard as he always does … though it seemed to me that Porteous was often doing his left back duties for him.

Milligan … 7 … Defended well and stopped a really good Aberdeen chance with a superb challenge in the box.

Mallan …. 6 ….. Neat and tidy for the most part, but just doesn't have that explosive spark we need … this seems to be my take on him after every game.

Slivka … 6 …. To be fair to him he got involved far more than I have seen him recently, but to little effect in all honesty.

Boyle … 6 …. Played a couple of really dangerous balls into the box which we should have done far better with … that aside had very little impact.

MacLaren …. 5 …. Nowhere near the player he was last season, but he isn't getting the chances he was last season either.

Kamberi …. 5 …. One of his worst performances in a Hibs jersey … scuffed at two decent chances failing to make contact with the ball on both occasions, though his movement was good at one of them. His failure to look up to see MacLaren with what would have been close to an open goal was extremely poor for a professional player … and if you are going to go for the glory yourself at least look at the goal before blasting the ball 10 feet over the bar.

SUBS:

Horgan …. 4 …. Looked up for it, but didn't get nearly enough time to make an impression.

Allan …. 4 … Tried to get involved, but same as Horgan not enough time.

Neil Lennon. Why when we had failed to trouble Aberdeen after losing the goal and we just didn't look like making a breakthrough did he wait until the last 10 minutes to gamble, its not as if Aberdeen were destroying us with rapier like attacks and in all honesty our defence was coping pretty well.

The last few games have thrown into stark focus how badly we need a midfield player who can take a game by the scruff of the neck and that we need another experienced striker.

Agree with most of that but thought Boyle was honking tonight. Apart from Milligan the midfield were woeful. Kamberi was Hibs best player in the 1st half.

Greenbeard
10-11-2018, 07:44 AM
Agree with most of that but thought Boyle was honking tonight. Apart from Milligan the midfield were woeful. Kamberi was Hibs best player in the 1st half.
Boyle's heid was already in Oz and he played like he was jet lagged just thinking about the flight. I counted that his first seven involvements were either mis-controlled, gave away possession or effed-up in some way. He was a liability and beats me how he was left on the pitch for the 90. A couple of crosses in the 2nd half doesn't justify any more than a 2 IMO. Same for Slivka who was a non-entity.
I thought Kamberi did ok apart from his two misses 2nd half. Absolute brain fart when he was round Lewis on the left.
MacGregor ok but has he got a square heid?

GreenOnions
10-11-2018, 09:15 AM
Terrible conditions and both teams were dreadful. I felt it was embarrassing to watch. Both teams' passing was beyond woeful. If you take the game as a whole we probably should have got a point given the chances we missed. However Aberdeen had the one moment of skill in the match so you could argue that merits the win. I think the ratings in the posts above are incredibly generous even taking into account the conditions (Aberdeen's ratings would be about the same as Hibs' IMHO):

Bogdan …. 6
Ambrose …. 6 -
McGregor … 5
Porteous … 3
Stevenson … 3
Milligan … 6
Mallan …. 4
Slivka … 3
Boyle … 2
MacLaren …. 2
Kamberi …. 5

I don't believe our players are not good players so I don't support some of the negativity on here. I think we've had a lot of injuries and also there's been too much tinkering with selection and formation which has left us looking a bit of a mess recently. If we can get over that we still need a couple of players though - another striker and someone to play the final ball.

B.H.F.C
10-11-2018, 09:23 AM
Boyle's heid was already in Oz and he played like he was jet lagged just thinking about the flight. I counted that his first seven involvements were either mis-controlled, gave away possession or effed-up in some way. He was a liability and beats me how he was left on the pitch for the 90. A couple of crosses in the 2nd half doesn't justify any more than a 2 IMO. Same for Slivka who was a non-entity.
I thought Kamberi did ok apart from his two misses 2nd half. Absolute brain fart when he was round Lewis on the left.
MacGregor ok but has he got a square heid?

Posted elsewhere about Boyle. I thought he was horrific last night. You can usually guarantee that he will put in a shift as a minimum but he didn’t even do that last night. I thought he looked totally uninterested and it’s not like him.

Bogdan didn’t do anything wrong. Ambrose was ok. Milligan was easily our best player. Everybody else was crap.

SirDavidsNapper
10-11-2018, 09:32 AM
Awfull game. Two poor sides. Honking weather.

Ambrose 6 - Best player for us.

Porteous 4 - Worst player for us. Poorly timed tackle got him an early yellow against the form player in the league GMS. Then passed the ball straight to him for the goal.

Game best forgotten.

NAE NOOKIE
10-11-2018, 10:56 AM
Terrible conditions and both teams were dreadful. I felt it was embarrassing to watch. Both teams' passing was beyond woeful. If you take the game as a whole we probably should have got a point given the chances we missed. However Aberdeen had the one moment of skill in the match so you could argue that merits the win. I think the ratings in the posts above are incredibly generous even taking into account the conditions (Aberdeen's ratings would be about the same as Hibs' IMHO):

Bogdan …. 6
Ambrose …. 6 -
McGregor … 5
Porteous … 3
Stevenson … 3
Milligan … 6
Mallan …. 4
Slivka … 3
Boyle … 2
MacLaren …. 2
Kamberi …. 5

I don't believe our players are not good players so I don't support some of the negativity on here. I think we've had a lot of injuries and also there's been too much tinkering with selection and formation which has left us looking a bit of a mess recently. If we can get over that we still need a couple of players though - another striker and someone to play the final ball.

If I score you under a 6 you haven't impressed me …. I usually start from the perspective of giving a player 3 points just for getting picked :greengrin

ekhibee
10-11-2018, 03:43 PM
Posted elsewhere about Boyle. I thought he was horrific last night. You can usually guarantee that he will put in a shift as a minimum but he didn’t even do that last night. I thought he looked totally uninterested and it’s not like him.

Bogdan didn’t do anything wrong. Ambrose was ok. Milligan was easily our best player. Everybody else was crap.
Totally agree with every word of this.

eastcoasthibby
10-11-2018, 04:40 PM
Boyle went through a phase like this before when it seems that he gets it into his head he's better than he is and switches off ...saving himself for the Oz game....

Hermit Crab
10-11-2018, 04:42 PM
Bogdan …. 6
Ambrose …. 6
McGregor … 2
Porteous … 2
Stevenson … 2
Milligan … 7
Mallan …. 3
Slivka … 6
Boyle … 0
MacLaren …. 0
Kamberi …. 6

Boyle and MacLaren get zero as they were as well standing beside me on the terrace.