PDA

View Full Version : Tynecastle and Pittodrie

RossScott1991
09-11-2018, 10:38 PM
Groundhog every season at these two grounds in particular. I understand they are two tough places to go in the league but we literally never ever even look like winning at these grounds. Not only that but it’s the same type of performance we put in at these grounds and that goes for hibs teams from years gone by. Rarely ever take the game by the scruff of the neck and have any sustained pressure.

I’m sick of Derek Mcinnes Aberdeen teams getting the better of us as they are not very good at all!

I’m actually more confident going to likes of Ibrox than I am these stadiums!

cleanyman
09-11-2018, 10:41 PM
I keep hearing Aberdeen aren't very good

They are a very decent team with a very good manager

They stats speak for themselves

RossScott1991
09-11-2018, 10:43 PM

They grind out a lot of results in the main, defensively sound and set up to play the way they do. They are a team though I always feel if you can get your nose infront first then they struggle. They have had a few jammy wins and draws at Easter Road against us.

Hibeesforever
09-11-2018, 10:46 PM
Bottom line is we gift them a goal and then don't take our chances...weak from Hibs tonight.

Diclonius
09-11-2018, 10:53 PM
Since Hibs last won at Tynecastle (13th May 2013), the following teams have won there: Celtic (nine times), St Mirren, St Johnstone (twice), Inverness, Kilmarnock, Partick (twice), Motherwell, Dundee United, Falkirk, Aberdeen (three times), Birkirkara, Ross County.

Since Hibs last won at Pittodrie (2nd May 2012), the following teams have won there: Celtic (eight times), Inverness (twice), Kilmarnock (twice), Ross County (twice), Hearts (twice), Motherwell (three times), Real Sociedad, Dundee United, St Johnstone (three times), Rangers (twice).

It goes without saying that both are hard to beat at their home ground, but let's not pretend that we don't have particularly atrocious records there compared to teams considerably weaker than us. It's a mental block we have to get around if we want to ever challenge for second.

bodhibs
09-11-2018, 10:54 PM
Couldn't watch the sheep every week, so very dull but effective I guess

K.Marx
09-11-2018, 11:00 PM
Since Hibs last won at Tynecastle (13th May 2013), the following teams have won there: Celtic (nine times), St Mirren, St Johnstone (twice), Inverness, Kilmarnock, Partick (twice), Motherwell, Dundee United, Falkirk, Aberdeen (three times), Birkirkara, Ross County.

Since Hibs last won at Pittodrie (2nd May 2012), the following teams have won there: Celtic (eight times), Inverness (twice), Kilmarnock (twice), Ross County (twice), Hearts (twice), Motherwell (three times), Real Sociedad, Dundee United, St Johnstone (three times), Rangers (twice).

It goes without saying that both are hard to beat at their home ground, but let's not pretend that we have particularly atrocious records there compared to teams considerably weaker than us. It's a mental block we have to get around if we want to ever challenge for second.

Very grim reading. It’s mad that we rock up to Ibrox and consistently take 3 points considering how ***** we are at tynie and pittodrie.

neil7908
09-11-2018, 11:05 PM

It goes without saying that both are hard to beat at their home ground, but let's not pretend that we don't have particularly atrocious records there compared to teams considerably weaker than us. It's a mental block we have to get around if we want to ever challenge for second.

Yup, really disappointing. This is the kind of thing I hoped Lennon would get rid of.

one day maybe...
09-11-2018, 11:11 PM
Couldn't watch the sheep every week, so very dull but effective I guess
100% correct

davhibby
10-11-2018, 01:57 AM

They're one of the worst teams to watch that we play. We gifted them a goal tonight but a draw would have been dreamland for them

Hi Heid Yin
10-11-2018, 02:07 AM
Aberdeen are unquestionably the dullest, most stubborn and spawny side to have graced the SPL for many a year.
They grind out victories and draws whilst suffocating and killing entertainment.
Their luck knows no bounds...a few seasons ago they woke up and found the SPL devoid of Hibs, Hearts and Sevco.
They could not believe their good fortune - everything was set up for them to clinch 2nd spot and hold onto it for a few more seasons whilst the aforementioned 3 giants were trying to get their acts together.
Even tonight, again, their luck continued as they were gifted a goal and simply hung onto it for dear life.

:grr::grr::grr:

cleanyman
10-11-2018, 09:20 AM
They're one of the worst teams to watch that we play. We gifted them a goal tonight but a draw would have been dreamland for them

Doesn't matter

One win in eight is pitiful

They are just a better team

Pagan Hibernia
10-11-2018, 10:03 AM
Groundhog every season at these two grounds in particular. I understand they are two tough places to go in the league but we literally never ever even look like winning at these grounds. Not only that but it’s the same type of performance we put in at these grounds and that goes for hibs teams from years gone by. Rarely ever take the game by the scruff of the neck and have any sustained pressure.

I’m sick of Derek Mcinnes Aberdeen teams getting the better of us as they are not very good at all!

While our records at both grounds are pitiful I wouldn’t say the performances are that similar... we played very well at Pittodrie last May and really should have won, and even last night while not playing well we created enough chances to come back and win it.

Tynecastle on the other hand is a lost cause for us. Utterly hopeless in every single game there.

Ringothedog
10-11-2018, 10:07 AM
Doesn't matter

One win in eight is pitiful

They are just a better team

Them being a better team is your opinion, not mine. They rode their luck against us again.

cleanyman
10-11-2018, 10:09 AM
Them being a better team is your opinion, not mine. They rode their luck against us again.

Again...Again...Again...

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
10-11-2018, 10:10 AM

They are objectively, a better team.

Of course you can hold a different view, but it is contrary to all the evidence of the past few years.

matty_f
10-11-2018, 10:21 AM
They are objectively, a better team.

Of course you can hold a different view, but it is contrary to all the evidence of the past few years.

:agree: Objectively speaking they are inarguably better, and they have more money to spend than we do which is a big factor in why they are consistently performing above us.

There was nothing in that game last night, and having slept on it I don't think we were anywhere near as bad as I thought we were at the time

The conditions last night were mental. Neither team did well, and Aberdeen scored from one mistake, they barely tested Bogdan beyond that.

Steve-O
10-11-2018, 10:25 AM

I wish I’d put a bet on 1-0 Aberdeen as it was the result I’ve been expecting the entire week. Ditto the 0-0 at Tynecastle. Talked myself out of it by convincing myself things were different now...

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
10-11-2018, 10:42 AM
:agree: Objectively speaking they are inarguably better, and they have more money to spend than we do which is a big factor in why they are consistently performing above us.

There was nothing in that game last night, and having slept on it I don't think we were anywhere near as bad as I thought we were at the time

The conditions last night were mental. Neither team did well, and Aberdeen scored from one mistake, they barely tested Bogdan beyond that.

Possibly, but im sick of us not getting a result from so many games that we should. Its happened too much, and we always have an excuse but invariably aberdeen get the result from us.

Lennon made a big play of toughening us up, and he has, but we are going backwards - were getting back to being weak and soft centred.

Why cant we start mugging teams the way they constantly do to us?

Diclonius
10-11-2018, 11:40 AM

Aberdeen riding their luck against us for the 6th game in 8 is a statistical improbability.

Since90+2
10-11-2018, 11:44 AM
Aberdeen are not as expansive as we are and don't play as attractive football.

Are they a better team than us? If you look at the statistics over the last couple of years it's difficult to argue that they aren't.