PDA

View Full Version : Average

Fritz
09-11-2018, 09:52 PM
That's all we are I fear, a bang average SPFL side. It was always going to be tough after McGinn, McGeoch and Allan left but we're nowhere near the side we were last season. Crying out for an Allan type in midfield. Goals aside, Mallan has been disappointing and Slivka offers nothing.

SirDavidsNapper
09-11-2018, 10:10 PM
That's all we are I fear, a bang average SPFL side. It was always going to be tough after McGinn, McGeoch and Allan left but we're nowhere near the side we were last season. Crying out for an Allan type in midfield. Goals aside, Mallan has been disappointing and Slivka offers nothing.

By SPFL standards were a good side. Bit harsh. We're not on a par with Dumbarton surely?

Wilson
09-11-2018, 10:12 PM
By SPFL standards were a good side. Bit harsh. We're not on a par with Dumbarton surely?

Maybe with a couple of decent signings...

Fritz
09-11-2018, 10:17 PM

Ha! Fair enough, my bad. An average Scottish Premiership side.

Criswell
09-11-2018, 11:42 PM
Our main striker was certainly average tonight. Needs to sharpen up.

calumhibee1
09-11-2018, 11:44 PM
The creativity in this side is chronic at times, although at times we can create a decent amount. It seems to be totally hit and miss.. Scott Allan is desperately needed for someone who can consistently create chances.

Steve20
09-11-2018, 11:44 PM
We will finish between 6th-8th. That’s our level this season with this team.

darwenhibby
09-11-2018, 11:49 PM

Only 3 points off 3rd
A tight league a couple of signings we will be ok
Bar Celtc everyone will take points off each other and the team who finishes second to Celtc will be a lot closer to them

MONKEY'S ERSE
10-11-2018, 12:07 AM
Hmm..... i am neither a happy clapper or a bed-wetter as this forum seems to categorise posters at times; I simply support my team and see it as it is,good or bad. Ok - my view at the moment. We are going through a VERY sticky spell just now; the goals have dried up big time and if we lose one we're struggling . We DON'T have a real playmaker ( Scott Allan- FFS Hibs-go and buy out his contract NOW!) . At the moment we are looking like a mid-table team. Not saying the players aren't trying but we just don't have the creativity we had previously. I'm not going to start shouting " Let Lennon go " or any of that nonsense.....BUT we do need to stenghten in January,big time. Not looking to win the league but at least be in there fighting. GGTTH.

NAE NOOKIE
10-11-2018, 12:22 AM
We are capable of far better than we have shown in the last few games. The performance in the League cup against Aberdeen was close to being good as we were at our best last season, even if we didn't put the ball in the bloody net.

The biggest difference compared to last season is that with the midfield we had then we could win the battle and that enabled us to play … this season in order to do that we need Bartley and Milligan and that stifles our creativity, at least compared to a midfield with McGinn, Allan and McGeough in it, especially McGinn who could battle with the best of them and then play a killer diagonal ball or carry it into a danger area.

We were never going to replace what was on its day the best midfield in Scotland … but what we still have is two wingers in Boyle and Horgan, but we still seem determined to play with wingbacks for the most part … I would like to see us start with Horgan on the left wing and Boyle on the right as out and out wingers.

Whatever happens we need to scour the earth for a dynamic midfielder who is decent on the ball and an experienced striker.

SRHibs
10-11-2018, 12:38 AM
Games like Hearts and Aberdeen are always going to be on a knife’s edge. All 3 teams have decent managers, and similar budgets. We can’t complain too much about losing, however had the result been the opposite way around it wouldn’t have been a huge surprise. I think Celtic and Rangers will pull away, then between us, Hearts and Aberdeen it will be really close.

We’ve played some superb football this season, we just seem a little bit devoid of confidence at the moment. There’s no better opportunity to get back to winning ways than Dundee at home though!

Hermit Crab
10-11-2018, 01:59 AM
Only 3 points off 3rd
A tight league a couple of signings we will be ok
Bar Celtc everyone will take points off each other and the team who finishes second to Celtc will be a lot closer to them

We have 9 league games to play before the window opens in January. 6 of them at home and 3 away, in those 9 games we play Killy (a), Celtic, Rangers twice and Hearts. You think we will be ok? We are a couple of injuries or suspensions away from being a junior side!

MWHIBBIES
10-11-2018, 02:10 AM
We have 9 league games to play before the window opens in January. 6 of them at home and 3 away, in those 9 games we play Killy (a), Celtic, Rangers twice and Hearts. You think we will be ok? We are a couple of injuries or suspensions away from being a junior side!
You'll be gutted if we win all those home games won't you.

Hi Heid Yin
10-11-2018, 02:11 AM

We will see how "average" we are come the seasons end.
Anything can happen in the 2nd half of the season - as demonstrated by our boys last season.
A couple of astute January signings and we could very well hit a great run of form.
Still a lot of footie to play and points to be won.
Far too early to call us "average".

Hermit Crab
10-11-2018, 02:18 AM
You'll be gutted if we win all those home games won't you.

Oh aye, absolutely. :rolleyes:

green day
10-11-2018, 04:56 AM
I guess it depends how you categorise "average"?

I think our target is 4th or above / Euro qualification?

We probably have the 5th largest budget in the league, so part of peoples frustration is being below over-performing teams like Killie and St Johnstone.

My guess is we will end up in a fight for 4th with Hearts or Aberdeen, we have some tidy players but we badly miss that drive in midfield that McGinn gave us.

Fife-Hibee
10-11-2018, 07:11 AM
The players we have a far better than what they are displaying. It's the same old problem of players not consistantly performing to their capabilities while in a Hibs shirt. We see it almost all the time, while making the same old flawed arguments.

Mr_F
10-11-2018, 08:30 AM
We’re a bottom 6 side this year

DetroitHibs
10-11-2018, 08:36 AM

Thats been our level for the past 20 years. Take out the three years in the championship and that's exactly what we are. The people running the club are an absolute joke, they have failed plain and simple.

B.H.F.C
10-11-2018, 08:51 AM
We’re a bottom 6 side this year

No we’re not. We’re under performing at the moment and need to sort ourselves out that’s for sure.

We aren’t as good a side as the one that finished last season. But last seasons side wasn’t a good side all season either.

After this international break they really need to get their heads down and get on with things. I’m sick of hearing about injuries, how stop start things are etc. Most teams have the same problems but have just handled it better. Players and manager need to take a look at themselves and improve. Quickly.

Nicho87
10-11-2018, 09:09 AM
Lennon can ditch the 3 at the back nonsense. Sometimes I don’t even know what they are playing is Lewis a left back or a left wing back. Porteous looked lost on the left side of a three.

time for some young boys to be given a chance. Mackie, Gullan.