PDA

View Full Version : Who is not good enough?

sauzee6_2
09-11-2018, 08:45 PM
In years gone by, I cound name 8 -10 players not good enough to play for Hibs.

Nothing like that now, but we’ve now lost 2 on the trot, so my question is, who from the current team is not good enough to match our / Lennon’s ambitions?

I believe we should be competing for 3rd spot, where do we need to improve to achieve this???

calumhibee1
09-11-2018, 08:50 PM

Nothing like that now, but we’ve now lost 2 on the trot, so my question is, who from the current team is not good enough to match our / Lennon’s ambitions?

I believe we should be competing for 3rd spot, where do we need to improve to achieve this???

If we want to compete for top four then Slivka and Hyndman are the ones that jump out so far this season.

SChibs
09-11-2018, 08:51 PM
McGregor. Decent player but needs to drop out when Hanlon is back. I think he's just getting on a bit and his fitness issues are maybe getting the better of him

Del Boy
09-11-2018, 08:52 PM
Porteous, Mallan and Boyle were very poor tonight but think it would be harsh to say they’re not good enough.

Porteous and Mallan are young with a lot to learn but have potential to become very decent players and Boyle has been brilliant previously.

Slivka however is IMO not good enough.

CMac1988
09-11-2018, 08:58 PM
If we want to compete for top four then Slivka and Hyndman are the ones that jump out so far this season.

Before tonight I'd have said the same. After tonight Slivka has given me no reason to change my mind. Hyndman didn't play but honestly he wouldn't have done any more than Slivka, Mallan and Boyle. Send him back to his parent club as he's done nothing. Genuinely doesn't look interested when he plays and doesn't appear to be enjoying his time here.

Diclonius
09-11-2018, 08:59 PM
Slivka has not shown enough since coming to us and I don't understand why he still gets a start when the last time he made a difference was against Celtic last season. Hyndman apart from the Hamilton game has done nothing. The rest are all good on their day.

My main issue is once again we have signed players who have come on for about 10 minutes (in Mavrias' case, not at all) and Lennon has decided "nope, not playing them ever again, just going to keep selecting from the pool of underperforming players constantly". What's the point of Nelom and Mavrias - surely we could have spent their combined wage on someone who will definitely improve the team? Lennon did this last year with Matulevicius and Rherras and I don't get it.

K.Marx
09-11-2018, 09:01 PM
McGregor. Decent player but needs to drop out when Hanlon is back. I think he's just getting on a bit and his fitness issues are maybe getting the better of him

Defo. Great tracking back to save Bogdan from a red face but he generally makes so many rash mistakes. Him and Porteous in the same team is just too risky.

IberianHibernian
09-11-2018, 09:02 PM
Not based on tonight but we seem to have a lot of older defenders who`ve had fitness problems or are simply getting slower . Would hope to see a couple of new defenders next season if not sooner . Not enough competition further forward so likes of Boyle know they`re guaranteed a place even when off form .

lyonhibs
09-11-2018, 09:02 PM
Tonight, almost all of them.

Not being hysterical, I think we're having the usual issue of beyond our top 13-14 players the quality, or at least consistency of quality, drops off pretty dramatically.

MWHIBBIES
09-11-2018, 09:04 PM
Lennon signed them all, if they're not good enough he's to blame.

SirDavidsNapper
09-11-2018, 09:06 PM
Milligan and Ambrose ok. The rest absolutely awful and that includes Aberdeen apart from GMS who was excellent yet again

Smartie
09-11-2018, 09:07 PM
They're all good enough.

Collectively it's not happened over the past few games.

Gray and Hanlon return, add a striker and a Scott Allan type character and we're a different team.

sauzee6_2
09-11-2018, 09:10 PM
They're all good enough.

Gray and Hanlon return, add a striker and a Scott Allan type character and we're a different team.

So who would you drop / sign as a replacement??

hibee_girl
09-11-2018, 09:12 PM
They are all good enough, they're just not performing to their best at the minute.

The international break has came at a good time for us this time. Let's see where we are after the next 4 games before declaring none of our players good enough to play for Hibs.

Carheenlea
09-11-2018, 09:13 PM
A lot of the fans who go hysterically over the top with a disappointment result.

One Day Soon
09-11-2018, 09:13 PM
Lennon signed them all, if they're not good enough he's to blame.

And there it is...

Wilson
09-11-2018, 09:15 PM
A lot of the fans who go hysterically over the top with a disappointment result.

With several disappointing performances and results.

rcarter1
09-11-2018, 09:17 PM
They're all good enough.

:agree: Team game innit? I bet these same players with a bit of confidence and some consistency will do pretty well in the next few months. If we keep getting disruptions to the team with injuries/suspensions and off field stuff with Lennon, it might go the other way.. Some strong leaders in the team with the desire to make a difference will be essential. If Milligan, Ambrose, Gray, McGregor and the other experienced players keep the faith we'll come good.

IberianHibernian
09-11-2018, 09:20 PM
And there it is...How much say does manager have in signings ? Other times we`ve read about how thorough our recruitmenmt team is . Anyway , are new players only ones who are not up to last year`s standards ?

Hi Heid Yin
09-11-2018, 09:25 PM
I'm convinced that losing all of the following players will do us absolutely no harm at all:

Slivka.........brings nothing aside from bitty and intermittant wee bright moments
Hyndman......has been average with the odd moment here and there
Whittaker......has been okay-ish here and there, but has lost all his pace and is definitely not top 4 SPL standard any more
Nelom.......has brought zilch
Agyepong....it just hasn't happened for him for one reason or another (injuries aside)

I'm also now starting to question and doubt Horgan...a player who started off so brightly for us this season, but has either dropped off or found his true level. His all action style is reminiscent of Murray, whom Neil Lennon quickly off-loaded....headless chicken is a trifle unfair but he's not far off being one.

truehibernian
09-11-2018, 09:27 PM
Only two things I would 'worry' about are Mavrias not even getting a look in yet despite his decent credentials and with SDG being out, and young Agyepong looking as if he has Tim Clancy's groins on loan and young Brandon Barker's 'play two games, out for 6' attitude when he feels a 'twinge'. Very winnable games coming up to alleviate the fears, but these two players (and Nelom once fit) would appear to be nothing more than jersey fillers at present and that's not what Lennon and Leeann said would happen pre-season.

We have a great squad, but for me certain players need to question the heart and desire of a few of them. Then it'll be sorted. Always happens in a dressing room. We'll improve as the season goes on, but the recent distractions and focus on Lennon hasn't helped us one little bit. Aberdeen suffered when the media focus was completely focused on DM and The Rangers job - think they went on a wee bad run then too - so we shouldn't underestimate the pressure Tynecastle events and comments thereafter have affected our manager.

One Day Soon
09-11-2018, 09:28 PM
How much say does manager have in signings ? Other times we`ve read about how thorough our recruitmenmt team is . Anyway , are new players only ones who are not up to last year`s standards ?

Precisely. But, you know, any route to having a pop at Neil make some people happy.

One Day Soon
09-11-2018, 09:29 PM
Only two things I would 'worry' about are Mavrias not even getting a look in yet despite his decent credentials and with SDG being out, and young Agyepong looking as if he has Tim Clancy's groins on loan and young Brandon Barker's 'play two games, out for 6' attitude when he feels a 'twinge'. Very winnable games coming up to alleviate the fears, but these two players (and Nelom once fit) would appear to be nothing more than jersey fillers at present and that's not what Lennon and Leeann said would happen pre-season.

We have a great squad, but for me certain players need to question the heart and desire of a few of them. Then it'll be sorted. Always happens in a dressing room. We'll improve as the season goes on, but the recent distractions and focus on Lennon hasn't helped us one little bit. Aberdeen suffered when the media focus was completely focused on DM and The Rangers job - think they went on a wee bad run then too - so we shouldn't underestimate the pressure Tynecastle events and comments thereafter have affected our manager.

Splendid stuff.

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-11-2018, 09:31 PM
Milligan and Ambrose ok. The rest absolutely awful and that includes Aberdeen apart from GMS who was excellent yet again

Ambrose OK? You can't be serious?

beensaidbefore
09-11-2018, 09:42 PM
The ball was rolling away at corners tonight, folk were miscontrolling balls left right and centre. Both teams. Do you not think the 40mph winds had anything do with it? Apart from getting caught out by a sloppy pass, and BTW there loads, Aberdeen didn't have a sniff.

OK it's a ***** result, but some perspective is needed. Aberdeen are no mugs.

judas
09-11-2018, 09:48 PM
I think 2 losses on the trot is not a good reason to diss the players HOWEVER I do feel that Slivka is getting his chance and not impressing at all and Maclaren worries me (but he is just back from Injury)

MGmick
09-11-2018, 09:49 PM
Good enough for what/where?

Would anyone argue that an English div2 club could outwage us?
So, would it be fair to suggest our SPL standard is lower?

So, good enough for where, as nobody's tried to take our current players from us?

beensaidbefore
09-11-2018, 09:49 PM
Ambrose OK? You can't be serious?

I thought ambrose had a decent game. Got a bit freaky at times, but generally solid, as we're Stevenson, and Porteous.

Mcgregor I suppose was solid too, but I feel he charges about a wee bit too much. I wonder if he feels he needs to help out Porteous?

What was your take on Ambrose?

Alex Trager
09-11-2018, 09:51 PM
The ball was rolling away at corners tonight, folk were miscontrolling balls left right and centre. Both teams. Do you not think the 40mph winds had anything do with it? Apart from getting caught out by a sloppy pass, and BTW there loads, Aberdeen didn't have a sniff.

OK it's a ***** result, but some perspective is needed. Aberdeen are no mugs.

Whilst we may have been caught out by the wind or a miss placed pass. We had two or three really good chances second half. And we need to be taking them

Hermit Crab
09-11-2018, 10:01 PM
Boyle. Anonymous again. Championship player.

beensaidbefore
09-11-2018, 10:01 PM
Whilst we may have been caught out by the wind or a miss placed pass. We had two or three really good chances second half. And we need to be taking them

That's true. But it was Milligan and Kamberi who missed our chances tonight. Mclaren didn't have a sniff either. It was a bad day at the office in difficult conditions. 1 point from 12 is diabolical compared with our recent form, but we will bounce back.

SRHibs
09-11-2018, 10:09 PM
The kids aren’t good enough. That’s not to say that they’ll never be, but at this point in time we need backup with a bit more experience. Hopefully signing a striker is a priority for Lennon in January, or now if he can find a decent free agent. Agree with HC about Boyle too.

Jim44
09-11-2018, 10:59 PM
Simplistically obvious but it has to be said ( yet again ), our shortcomings can be summed up in three words. - McGinn, McGeoch, Allan. I won’t have a go at players who are trying their best but sometimes shoes just can’t be filled.

Lancs Harp
09-11-2018, 11:05 PM
Simplistically obvious but it has to be said ( yet again ), our shortcomings can be summed up in three words. - McGinn, McGeoch, Allan. I won’t have a go at players who are trying their best but sometimes shoes just can’t be filled.

We miss the three undoubtedly, quality not easily replaced. The three did only start 6 league games together though.

Tarrahib
09-11-2018, 11:15 PM
I thought ambrose had a decent game. Got a bit freaky at times, but generally solid, as we're Stevenson, and Porteous.

Mcgregor I suppose was solid too, but I feel he charges about a wee bit too much. I wonder if he feels he needs to help out Porteous?

What was your take on Ambrose?
Anybody who was at the match with their eyes open would realise that Efe was Hibs man of the match.

The Harp Awakes
09-11-2018, 11:24 PM

His ball control tonight was woeful. He should have been hooked at half time tonight. However, overall he's improved as a player under Lennon. Lost his way a bit recently but early season he was top drawer.

hfc-1875
10-11-2018, 05:54 AM
I look at the team and there’s a few individuals I don’t think should be starters for us. We’ve no drive from midfield, as much as I like the goal threat Mallan brings I don’t he’s a great all round player. Slivka shows flashes of class but not consistent enough throughout a game- bench player for me. Not convinced my Horgan. Some of our top players aren’t performing at the moment too (Kamberi, Boyle and Maclaren)

we are hibs
10-11-2018, 05:55 AM
And there it is...

Can Lennon do any wrong in your eyes? This is his hibs team he's got now rather than living off of the core of Stubbs side and he's been found out so far this season. Maybe if we had recruited better in the summer we would have more options upfront and in midfield. But you said we had a good window and we were all "pant wetting yams" for saying at the time it was poor.

The 90+2
10-11-2018, 06:08 AM
Can Lennon do any wrong in your eyes? This is his hibs team he's got now rather than living off of the core of Stubbs side and he's been found out so far this season. Maybe if we had recruited better in the summer we would have more options upfront and in midfield. But you said we had a good window and we were all "pant wetting yams" for saying at the time it was poor.

👍 spot on, sadly.

Greenworld
10-11-2018, 07:14 AM
I'm convinced that losing all of the following players will do us absolutely no harm at all:

Slivka.........brings nothing aside from bitty and intermittant wee bright moments
Hyndman......has been average with the odd moment here and there
Whittaker......has been okay-ish here and there, but has lost all his pace and is definitely not top 4 SPL standard any more
Nelom.......has brought zilch
Agyepong....it just hasn't happened for him for one reason or another (injuries aside)

I'm also now starting to question and doubt Horgan...a player who started off so brightly for us this season, but has either dropped off or found his true level. His all action style is reminiscent of Murray, whom Neil Lennon quickly off-loaded....headless chicken is a trifle unfair but he's not far off being one.That's a fair summary the midfield is not good enough in both creating for the forwards or controlling the game. Milligan aside who I think is excellent

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

The 90+2
10-11-2018, 07:18 AM
There’s a player in Horgan without a doubt. Chopping and changing everything all the time helps nobody either. Top 6 squad at best. I really wish lessons would have been learned by before but it seems back to good old mediocrity. At least we won the cup though so bring it on 😀

loanheadhibby
10-11-2018, 07:23 AM
There’s a player in Horgan without a doubt. Chopping and changing everything all the time helps nobody either. Top 6 squad at best. I really wish lessons would have been learned by before but it seems back to good old mediocrity. At least we won the cup though so bring it on ��

Horgan has something but what is Lennon seeing day in, day out that he does not start him? Sadly, I don't think any of our summer recruits have improved us at all, hence we are relying on Slivka's, Boyles, Stevensons etc. Recruitment has been terrible. Maybe time for a fresh pair of eyes at that level?

Jones28
10-11-2018, 07:26 AM
There’s a player in Horgan without a doubt. Chopping and changing everything all the time helps nobody either. Top 6 squad at best. I really wish lessons would have been learned by before but it seems back to good old mediocrity. At least we won the cup though so bring it on 😀

I can't see it with Horgan. Flashes when he passes people but wants to skin everyone rather than just utilise his pace. I expected a lot more.

J-C
10-11-2018, 07:30 AM
Horgan has something but what is Lennon seeing day in, day out that he does not start him? Sadly, I don't think any of our summer recruits have improved us at all, hence we are relying on Slivka's, Boyles, Stevensons etc. Recruitment has been terrible. Maybe time for a fresh pair of eyes at that level?

You cannot add Stevenson to the list of players not good enough, he's been plenty good enough this past 4-5 years, our problem has been not bringing in the quality to be anywhere good enough to make up for the loss of last seasons midfield. Milligan is a player and Mallan is still young but very talented, after that we struggle. Boyle needs a wee rest and I'm still to be convinced with Horgan.

loanheadhibby
10-11-2018, 07:39 AM
You cannot add Stevenson to the list of players not good enough, he's been plenty good enough this past 4-5 years, our problem has been not bringing in the quality to be anywhere good enough to make up for the loss of last seasons midfield. Milligan is a player and Mallan is still young but very talented, after that we struggle. Boyle needs a wee rest and I'm still to be convinced with Horgan.

Surely you can add every player to the list? Why should we not be recruiting a better left back? Why should we not be recruiting better than David Gray? Surely year on year we want to see better players.

our recruitment has been awful.

I'd like to see Horgan on left wing, Boyle on right wing and Flo thru middle.

J-C
10-11-2018, 07:41 AM
Surely you can add every player to the list? Why should we not be recruiting a better left back? Why should we not be recruiting better than David Gray? Surely year on year we want to see better players.

our recruitment has been awful.

I'd like to see Horgan on left wing, Boyle on right wing and Flo thru middle.

I never said not recruit better but in this moment people like Stevenson and Gray are the least of our worries because they're fairly consistent good players, we're talking about the ones that aren't.

Nicho87
10-11-2018, 07:43 AM
Too much dead wood in the squad for me now or players that aren’t going to challenge for first 11 jerseys.

laidlaw
nelom
marvais
slivka
lewis allan
oli shaw
horgan

i wouldn’t lose sleep over letting go now.

loanheadhibby
10-11-2018, 07:46 AM
Too much dead wood in the squad for me now or players that aren’t going to challenge for first 11 jerseys.

laidlaw
nelom
marvais
slivka
lewis allan
oli shaw
horgan

Fair point. None of them started last night tho and that is the worry. Lennon does not see any of these as better than last nights starting 11. I'd add Hyndman to the list.

Greenbeard
10-11-2018, 07:49 AM
Nah, can't agree with that. Slivka was the anonymous one. Boyle sadly was worse than that last night.

Golden Bear
10-11-2018, 07:54 AM

laidlaw
nelom
marvais
slivka
lewis allan
oli shaw
horgan

I've not seen enough of the lad to provide an expert opinion but from what I have seen he certainly deserves his chance.

Smartie
10-11-2018, 07:56 AM
I've not seen enough of the lad to provide an expert opinion but from what I have seen he certainly deserves his chance.

He's impressed me.

Good attitude, gets stuck in.

Cod Boy
10-11-2018, 08:01 AM
One positive from last night is the scapegoat Steven Whittaker isn’t getting the usual grief he normally gets.

Brightside
10-11-2018, 08:09 AM
The state of this.

calumhibee1
10-11-2018, 08:17 AM
The state of this.

Do you not agree that there’s players in our squad who aren’t good enough? And more worryingly, players in our squad that pretty much have to play because our recruitment has been poor this window?

Carheenlea
10-11-2018, 08:35 AM
I think we have a more than decent squad of players, but the problem is that if we have two or three players putting in average performances we don’t have enough individuals with that extra bit of quality that can carry that and keep the team ticking over. McGinn, McGeouch and Allan had that and could carry the team and create game changing opportunities. To get results this term it requires the whole team to play to the standards they are capable of.

Brightside
10-11-2018, 08:46 AM
Do you not agree that there’s players in our squad who aren’t good enough? And more worryingly, players in our squad that pretty much have to play because our recruitment has been poor this window?

Well according to the experts that’s about 8 players that are now hopeless.

A few games ago the same players were world beaters.

cleanyman
10-11-2018, 08:49 AM
Too many players are off form

Its a recipe for disaster

Brooster
10-11-2018, 08:54 AM

laidlaw
nelom
marvais
slivka
lewis allan
oli shaw
horgan

You can add Marciano, Bartley, Stevenson,Hyndman, Whittaker and McLaren. None of these players will take us forward.

matty_f
10-11-2018, 08:57 AM
The state of this.

:agree:

Brutal thread.

Tarrahib
10-11-2018, 08:58 AM
Too many players are off form

Its a recipe for disaster
Roll on 24th November against Dundee.Onwards and upward!!

matty_f
10-11-2018, 09:01 AM

I hate the way nobody gives any allowance for factors that might just impact on how well a player or the team plays.

Last night we had to change the starting 11 again, Maclaren and McGregor are still finding their match fitness, the weather was honking - both teams played poorly as a result, etc.

But ignore all of that and instead pick out players to slatr. Bravo.

B.H.F.C
10-11-2018, 09:17 AM
I hate the way nobody gives any allowance for factors that might just impact on how well a player or the team plays.

Last night we had to change the starting 11 again, Maclaren and McGregor are still finding their match fitness, the weather was honking - both teams played poorly as a result, etc.

But ignore all of that and instead pick out players to slatr. Bravo.

If MacLaren and McGregor aren’t match fit play someone that is. A lot of the changes we are making week on week are through choice as well.

There is probably a balance to be had between there being contributing factors to our poor form and us making excuses for it.

Over the last few weeks we’ve heard about the small pitch at Tynecastle. Injuries. And now the weather at Aberdeen.

At the moment I don’t think we’re dealing well enough with all these things that get thrown our way. Lennon admitted that he lost his focus last week and that he allowed the players to do so as well. Playing poorly will happen. However, there was something right with some players last night and they were lacking in effort. Particularly Boyle.

matty_f
10-11-2018, 09:24 AM
If MacLaren and McGregor aren’t match fit play someone that is. A lot of the changes we are making week on week are through choice as well.

There is probably a balance to be had between there being contributing factors to our poor form and us making excuses for it.

Over the last few weeks we’ve heard about the small pitch at Tynecastle. Injuries. And now the weather at Aberdeen.

At the moment I don’t think we’re dealing well enough with all these things that get thrown our way. Lennon admitted that he lost his focus last week and that he allowed the players to do so as well. Playing poorly will happen. However, there was something right with some players last night and they were lacking in effort. Particularly Boyle.
We didn't have players that are match fit to replace them, and without giving them games how else are they going to get match fit?

You don't think the pitch at Tiny, where Hearts haven't lost in ages, or the weather last night, were factors?

Neither Hearts, Hibs, or Aberdeen played well on those games, and the games were very close affairs.

B.H.F.C
10-11-2018, 09:49 AM
We didn't have players that are match fit to replace them, and without giving them games how else are they going to get match fit?

You don't think the pitch at Tiny, where Hearts haven't lost in ages, or the weather last night, were factors?

Neither Hearts, Hibs, or Aberdeen played well on those games, and the games were very close affairs.

It’s not that they aren’t factors. It’s that we aren’t handling these things well enough at the moment IMO.

We’ve hardly had a shot on target in three games and the players and Lennon, I hope, are looking at themselves instead of talking about the wind and pitch dimensions.

In regards to the match fitness part, I don’t think that affected McGregor whatsoever last night. That wasn’t what caused him to keep kicking the ball out the pitch. As for MacLaren, you’re right, we don’t really have anyone else which is down to our own recruitment. Lewis Allan touched the ball more in 5 minutes, and made more of a nuicence of himself, than MacLaren did in 85 minutes.

Franck Stanton
10-11-2018, 10:12 AM

laidlaw
nelom
marvais
slivka
lewis allan
oli shaw
horgan

Really don't understand how you, or anyone for that matter , can come out with this sort of statement 're Nelom or Marvas. We haven't seen them kick a ball for us yet now have we ?. Okay, some may say that if they aren't good enough to force their way into an underperforming team then they must be crap. However, both had not played for a long time and were/ are getting their fitness levels up to the require standard. Let's give them a chance and judge them after 3/4 games shall we. Jesus, this place goes nuts after a defeat, really need to calm down.

matty_f
10-11-2018, 10:14 AM
Really don't understand how you, or anyone for that matter , can come out with this sort of statement 're Nelom or Marvas. We haven't seen them kick a ball for us yet now have we ?. Okay, some may say that f they aren't good enough to force their way into an underperforming team then they must be cra. However, both had not played for a lo n time nd were/ are getting their fitness peekaboo the require standard. Let's give them a chance and judge them after 3/4 games shall we. Jesus, this place goes nuts after a defeat, really need to calm down.

Stop bringing reason into it, it'll never catch on.

They're penny-pinched-useless-jersey-fillers that are a direct result of the board's lack of ambition and a product of a failed recruitment department.

calumhibee1
10-11-2018, 11:53 AM

None of the players that are being slated have been world beaters a few games ago other than possibly Boyle. Slivka who seems to be getting the brunt of it has generally never been favourable and people have said the same thing about Mallan all season - great goal threat but needs to offer more.

There’s players in our starting line up who shouldn’t even be squad players. Our recruitment in the summer wasn’t great.

superfurryhibby
10-11-2018, 01:02 PM
None of the players that are being slated have been world beaters a few games ago other than possibly Boyle. Slivka who seems to be getting the brunt of it has generally never been favourable and people have said the same thing about Mallan all season - great goal threat but needs to offer more.

There’s players in our starting line up who shouldn’t even be squad players. Our recruitment in the summer wasn’t great.

Who are these guys you refer to?

calumhibee1
10-11-2018, 01:07 PM
Who are these guys you refer to?

Slivka - Nowhere near good enough.
Hyndman - nowhere near good enough.
Shaw - not good enough (yet, he’s at least got time on his side although I’m not sure he’ll end up making it here)

They’ve made between 35 and 40 appearances between them this season. None of them should even be coming off the bench.

I realise only one of them came in in the summer but our summer recruitment should have seen the other two further down the pecking order or out the door whether that’s on loan or permanent. As it standsone of Slivka or Hyndman probably starts most week due to having no other options which is a poor position to find ourselves in.

ahibby
10-11-2018, 01:19 PM
Have avoided posting negatively for a while but seeing as the question has been asked. I don't understand the pundits who say that Martin Boyle is a huge player for us. If that's the case then I don't expect much from this season. I really don't see what he has that wins him accolades from those tv pundits. I might be the only one out of step on this and if so fairy nuff. Seems to me though that if I had a choice between Gary MacKay Stevens and Martin Boyle I'd go for the former, as has Scotland national team it seems. He wasn't the only one off last night. I thought our best player there abouts was Mark Milligan and not for the first time. I got the impression that Stevie Mallan was only on for set pieces because other than that he was barely in the match. Slyvka is one I'm disappointed with, I really thought that he'd be good for us. Still he has a bit physicality about him and that's something we need when you look a the height and physique of the team. There is no way I would slate Ryan Porteous, I don't understand why anyone would. Yes his slack pass and total lack of any attempt to win back the ball following his mistake led to their goal. However I truly believe he is a fan's player. He is still learning and is streets ahead of CBs of his age right across the country. We have to accept that he will make mistakes but it should be worth it in the long run as he develops in to a top mature CB. He's not that far away already surely. He lost us the goal sure but it's not his fault that we didn't score and Lewis didn't have a save to make.

Keith_M
10-11-2018, 01:28 PM

Actually, the last four games are one 0-0 draw and three defeats, including losing at home to St Johnstone.

We've failed to score in the last three of those games.

We had been doing quite well but maybe other teams have now worked out how to stop us.

MWHIBBIES
10-11-2018, 01:30 PM
Slivka - Nowhere near good enough.
Hyndman - nowhere near good enough.
Shaw - not good enough (yet, he’s at least got time on his side although I’m not sure he’ll end up making it here)

They’ve made between 35 and 40 appearances between them this season. None of them should even be coming off the bench.

I realise only one of them came in in the summer but our summer recruitment should have seen the other two further down the pecking order or out the door whether that’s on loan or permanent. As it standsone of Slivka or Hyndman probably starts most week due to having no other options which is a poor position to find ourselves in.

2 of them were good enough for 4th last season and Hyndman finished 3rd with rangers. Sure they're not just in poor form and you're being hysterical?

I also don't think you have any idea what nowhere near means.

MWHIBBIES
10-11-2018, 01:30 PM
Can I suggest our support isn't good enough and the hysterics on here are the most embarrassing thing recently?

Just Alf
10-11-2018, 01:33 PM
Can I suggest our support isn't good enough and the hysterics on here are the most embarrassing thing recently?Nailed it! :D

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
10-11-2018, 01:50 PM
2 of them were good enough for 4th last season and Hyndman finished 3rd with rangers. Sure they're not just in poor form and you're being hysterical?

I also don't think you have any idea what nowhere near means.

Slivka contributed very little to 4th place last season. Neither did Shaw who never contributed much after Kamberi and Maclaren came in along with Allan and transformed us. The two of them and Allan contributed massively to fourth. If we’d plodded along with Shaw up top we wouldn’t have been 4th.

I don’t really care what Hyndman done with Rangers, what he’s done with us has been nowhere near good enough. Yup, I said it again, nowhere near, as in not even close. Look at that, I know exactly what it means and I stand by it. If you think Hyndman or Slivkas performances are good enough then I presume you’d be happy to accept bottom 6.

Lago
10-11-2018, 02:16 PM
:agree:
Can I suggest our support isn't good enough and the hysterics on here are the most embarrassing thing recently?

MWHIBBIES
10-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Slivka contributed very little to 4th place last season. Neither did Shaw who never contributed much after Kamberi and Maclaren came in along with Allan and transformed us. The two of them and Allan contributed massively to fourth. If we’d plodded along with Shaw up top we wouldn’t have been 4th.

I don’t really care what Hyndman done with Rangers, what he’s done with us has been nowhere near good enough. Yup, I said it again, nowhere near, as in not even close. Look at that, I know exactly what it means and I stand by it. If you think Hyndman or Slivkas performances are good enough then I presume you’d be happy to accept bottom 6.

Slivka contributed 2 important winning goals against the bigot brothers and some good performances. Shaw contributed 4 goals, 3 equilizers and a winner. I think that's pretty good for guys in their first real seasons, not first choice. They made important contributions.

So unless you viciously slaughter individual players when the whole team is in poor form you are happy with bottom 6?

Just more hysterics and abuse to our players. I hoped relegation might get rid of people like this. Apparently not.

calumhibee1
10-11-2018, 02:33 PM
Slivka contributed 2 important winning goals against the bigot brothers and some good performances. Shaw contributed 4 goals, 3 equilizers and a winner. I think that's pretty good for guys in their first real seasons, not first choice. They made important contributions.

So unless you viciously slaughter individual players when the whole team is in poor form you are happy with bottom 6?

Just more hysterics and abuse to our players. I hoped relegation might get rid of people like this. Apparently not.

Slivka contributed two goals and very few good performances. That’s nowhere near enough over the course of a season. Shaw contributed a bit, but nowhere near enough as much as Flo and Maclaren. Shaw has time on his side, but he’s not good enough for a top 6 team yet. If he’d been our main striker last season, or this, we’d definitely be bottom 6. Simon Murray wasn’t good enough but offered more than the two of them combined.

What’s vicious about what’s being said? Nobody has “viciously” slaughtered them. Plenty people have said they’re not good enough, it’s not a vicious slaughtering. Slivka and Hyndman especially have done nothing to dispel the idea they’re not good enough.

And I said if their performances are good enough then you’d be happy to accept bottom six. Not if you don’t viciously slaughter them. The two of them are bottom six standard players at best.