PDA

View Full Version : "Tough places to go"

The_Horde
09-11-2018, 09:44 PM
How many times is this Lennon team going to go to these so called "tough places to go" and not get the results?

He was the one who labelled the side 'boyband' when he first came in and vowed to change it. Well, sorry Lenny, but you have failed in that mission.

When the going gets tough the best sides battle through it and have enough quality and this side has lacked that on one too many occasions for me, sadly.

St Johnstone x3
Ross County x2
Aberdeen x3
Hearts x4
Livingston x1 (so far)

These grounds we continue to struggle at and I'm sick of the sight of it.

We looked totally petrified of the conditions today and when we did have opportunities our players did not have the quality or mentality to take them.

Poor, powderpuff and definitely what I'd describe as 'boyband'.

hibsbollah
09-11-2018, 09:45 PM
Belgrade Yes. Istanbul Yes. Aberdeen? isnae that tough really.

SirDavidsNapper
09-11-2018, 10:18 PM
We should be treating Pittodrie and Tynecastle like we do Dens Park, St Mirren Park and Ibrox. Expecting wins. We should be making them feel a point is a good result not the other way round.

One Day Soon
09-11-2018, 10:39 PM
Belgrade Yes. Istanbul Yes. Aberdeen? isnae that tough really.

They have the third best home record so far this season, behind Celtic and Rangers.

Last season they had the second best home record, behind Celtic.

The season before that they had the second best home record, behind Celtic.

It's a tough place to go.

The_Horde
09-11-2018, 10:48 PM
They have the third best home record so far this season, behind Celtic and Rangers.

The point is though, yes it is a tough place to go but so is Easter Road and they managed to survive. Good teams have the quality to overcome these obstacles and we're miles behind.

brianmc
09-11-2018, 10:58 PM

Bringing actual facts to a post match meltdown on here will never catch on - but bravo for trying 👍

hibsbollah
09-11-2018, 11:51 PM
We should be treating Pittodrie and Tynecastle like we do Dens Park, St Mirren Park and Ibrox. Expecting wins. We should be making them feel a point is a good result not the other way round.

Exactly. What should our aspirations be? I'd like to think higher than shrugging our collective shoulders at another defeat from a limited team like that.

matty_f
10-11-2018, 12:04 AM
Exactly. What should our aspirations be? I'd like to think higher than shrugging our collective shoulders at another defeat from a limited team like that.

Why should we be winning those games?

Aberdeen have been second for the last three years (maybe four), they constantly get to cup finals and they've a bigger budget than us - significantly so.

At home, their fans would have a very compelling case to say that they should be beating us, and I would think anyone looking from the outside would say Aberdeen would be expected to win tonight.

hibsbollah
10-11-2018, 12:26 AM
Why should we be winning those games?

Aberdeen have been second for the last three years (maybe four), they constantly get to cup finals and they've a bigger budget than us - significantly so.

At home, their fans would have a very compelling case to say that they should be beating us, and I would think anyone looking from the outside would say Aberdeen would be expected to win tonight.

We should be confident of getting something at Aberdeen because they have started the season like a midtable side, with a poundshop Colin Nish up front in the form of a washed up Stevie May. I don't know anyone who expects them to finish second this year. I expected a reaction from us after our last two performances and it wasn't there tonight. I'm not saying I demand winning every week, I just resent the idea that we should consider it as a 'tough place to go' and shrug it off. I can't remember the last time Aberdeen impressed me.

Jones28
10-11-2018, 08:22 AM

Don't put numbers on it, just scream hysterically and say the whole team isn't good enough.

hibsbollah
10-11-2018, 09:17 AM
Don't put numbers on it, just scream hysterically and say the whole team isn't good enough.

:dunno: who said that?