View Full Version : Next 4 Fixtures

Hibeesmad
09-11-2018, 08:43 PM
Our next 4 fixtures are

Dundee (H)
Kilmarnock (A)
St Mirren (H)
Hamilton (A)

Before we play Celtic, Livingston, Rangers x2 and Hearts in the space of 13 days.

We need 12 points or we are in trouble

Del Boy
09-11-2018, 08:45 PM
Think we should win the home games comfortably enough because Dundee and St Mirren are absolutely terrible, but no convinced we’ll get 2 away wins.

Stuart93
09-11-2018, 08:52 PM
We need 10 points at least. Time to dig deep

coldingham hibs
09-11-2018, 08:54 PM
Every game will be difficult, just look at the St.Johnstone game. We could easily lose all of them or equally win all of them. Confidence and performance are missing at the moment so I’ll not count my chickens yet on picking up many points.

Hiber-nation
09-11-2018, 08:54 PM
Our next 4 fixtures are

Dundee (H)
Kilmarnock (A)
St Mirren (H)
Hamilton (A)

Before we play Celtic, Livingston, Rangers x2 and Hearts in the space of 13 days.

So we're in trouble if we get 10 points. Jings.

SChibs
09-11-2018, 08:56 PM
So we're in trouble if we get 10 points. Jings.

I'd take 11 now

JimboHibs
09-11-2018, 08:57 PM
Think we should win the home games comfortably enough because Dundee and St Mirren are absolutely terrible, but no convinced we’ll get 2 away wins.

They are terrible but we ain't exactly in decent form ourselves.

Hibeesmad
09-11-2018, 08:57 PM
I'd take 11 now

If only that was possible

James32-90
09-11-2018, 08:59 PM
Can’t see where next goal comes from never a win.

IberianHibernian
09-11-2018, 09:15 PM
Would be delighted with 10 points but also very surprised .

One Day Soon
09-11-2018, 09:18 PM
Can’t see where next goal comes from never a win.

Aww bless, he's gone. A man with a giant right hand.

CmoantheHibs
09-11-2018, 09:29 PM
I'm optimistic and think that we will win them all.

MWHIBBIES
09-11-2018, 09:54 PM
10 points would be fine. Even 9. Don't talk pish about trouble. Relegation is trouble mate, not less than 12 points from 4 games.

Wilson
09-11-2018, 09:57 PM
I'm optimistic and think that we will win them all.

Optimistic doesn't begin to describe it!

where'stheslope
10-11-2018, 10:34 AM
You've got to be optomistic of getting results in these games, but with us dropping out of the top 6 will give them way below us hope, and that is dangerous!!!

They could look at it as our bubble has burst and put real pressure on us to get results, but I think we are good enough to see them all off!!

We need to start scoring goals again, flowing football is only great if there is an end product!!!

SRHibs
10-11-2018, 10:36 AM
I would play the same team vs Dundee. Might seem crazy when looking at the results, but we’re chopping and changing so much that we look like a bunch of strangers every week. A bit of stability is required.

CMac1988
10-11-2018, 10:46 AM
Our next 4 fixtures are

Dundee (H)
Kilmarnock (A)
St Mirren (H)
Hamilton (A)

The international breaks haven't helped us recently but I for one am happy it's come before this round of fixtures.

I'd be content with 9 out of 12.

W Dundee (H)
L Kilmarnock (A)
W St Mirren (H)
W Hamilton (A)

Kilmarnock away is the toughest and I can't see us getting much but I guess it all depends on how well we do against Dundee. Be interesting to see where they all are after today with Kilmarnock away at the PBS and St Mirren at Dundee.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-11-2018, 10:52 AM
If we get six from the first two, we will get twelve in total.

rotherhamrob
10-11-2018, 10:55 AM
When we play Dundee after the break you've got to wonder whether milligan, Boyle and Maclaren will be jet lagged from being in Australia.
Will we also be without them in January?

Col_0762
10-11-2018, 11:06 AM
When we play Dundee after the break you've got to wonder whether milligan, Boyle and Maclaren will be jet lagged from being in Australia.
Will we also be without them in January?

Aye this losing them in January is ridiculous. The club(s) want to be saying to them that if they want a tournament, they play it in the summer like everyone else. Same with that African Nations. Joke that teams lose players for a moth during the season.

Really not happy about Boyle deciding to play for them, from a Hibs perspective. Fair play to him and all that, but he’s a Hibs player first and foremost and it’s going to effect him and how we play.

B.H.F.C
10-11-2018, 11:24 AM
If we want to challenge for the European places then we need to get ourselves back in touch sharpish. 10 points minimum.

Borderhibbie76
10-11-2018, 02:08 PM
Aye this losing them in January is ridiculous. The club(s) want to be saying to them that if they want a tournament, they play it in the summer like everyone else. Same with that African Nations. Joke that teams lose players for a moth during the season.

Really not happy about Boyle deciding to play for them, from a Hibs perspective. Fair play to him and all that, but he’s a Hibs player first and foremost and it’s going to effect him and how we play.If his form continues as it has done recently Oz are welcome to him for the month of Jan...he's been rank rotten the last 3 games...no idea why he wasn't subbed off by Lennon last night...was the worst of a bad bunch imo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The 90+2
10-11-2018, 02:12 PM
10 points would be fine. Even 9. Don't talk pish about trouble. Relegation is trouble mate, not less than 12 points from 4 games.

I don’t think anyone was talking relegation. Less than ten points with the matches after that would set up to completely derail our season completely. Europe would be a gonner by Xmas.

The 90+2
10-11-2018, 02:13 PM

Really not happy about Boyle deciding to play for them, from a Hibs perspective. Fair play to him and all that, but he’s a Hibs player first and foremost and it’s going to effect him and how we play.

African nations is now the summer. The issue with the Asian cup is very few players play in Europe.

ekhibee
10-11-2018, 02:15 PM
Totally agree, there's been far too much talk like that, and also the trolls stirring up nonsense about players on other threads. We've lost a couple of games, it happens. It's not as if we have a particularly good record at Pittodrie anyway.

Diclonius
10-11-2018, 02:16 PM
12 needed to keep up with the big boys. We've beaten all four already so no excuses.

The 90+2
10-11-2018, 02:24 PM
Totally agree, there's been far too much talk like that, and also the trolls stirring up nonsense about players on other threads. We've lost a couple of games, it happens. It's not as if we have a particularly good record at Pittodrie anyway.

So you aren’t concerned at one point in 12 the manner we are playing in and if you are concerned about how backwards the team seems to be going and the confidence that looks lacking your a troll **** stirring? Just for clarification?

Smartie
10-11-2018, 02:55 PM
So you aren’t concerned at one point in 12 the manner we are playing in and if you are concerned about how backwards the team seems to be going and the confidence that looks lacking your a troll **** stirring? Just for clarification?

I think we need to be careful not to talk ourselves into some sort of crisis.

We made a decent game of a hard shift at Parkhead, we got a point at Tynecastle, we were rubbish against St Johnstone and lost a tight game in awful conditions last night.

I'd stick with the same team as last night and I'm sure we'll beat Dundee and get at least 9 points from the games mentioned.

I'm a bit concerned we'll fall a bit short when we have that tough sequence in December though.

The 90+2
10-11-2018, 03:04 PM
I think we need to be careful not to talk ourselves into some sort of crisis.

We made a decent game of a hard shift at Parkhead, we got a point at Tynecastle, we were rubbish against St Johnstone and lost a tight game in awful conditions last night.

I'd stick with the same team as last night and I'm sure we'll beat Dundee and get at least 9 points from the games mentioned.

I'm a bit concerned we'll fall a bit short when we have that tough sequence in December though.

Parkhead was surprisingly well against a team on absolute fire. Since then it’s been of complete disappointment in the way not only how we lost/drew it’s how we’ve set up for these games. We had a right chance at pbs to push on but now we will actually see us further behind them and now behind Aberdeen too. The next four games are vital for the season before like you say we could fall short. A good run of games now to take confidence going into them is vital.

hibbytam
10-11-2018, 03:13 PM
Our next 4 fixtures are

Dundee (H)
Kilmarnock (A)
St Mirren (H)
Hamilton (A)

A nice win against dundee, starting off a 10 game winning streak.

ekhibee
10-11-2018, 03:30 PM
The result last night was as a result of an error by Porteous, otherwise we would have had pretty decent results in 2 tricky away games. I know what you're saying, but personally I thought that until Khamberi was sent off we were the better team against Hearts. I do think that the team might look a bit lopsided as Agyepong is injured and he is a left winger, he would have fitted into the position Barker did last season IMO, and we would be more effective attacking down both wings at pace against Aberdeen, but that's just my opinion. The thing I do find a bit strange is that when it was clear Boyle was having an off day we could have brought Makrias on, he's been on the bench for 2 or 3 games now. I would be lying if I said I was overly concerned though, ask me again if we lose to Dundee and St Mirren, then I'll probably agree with you!

Captain Trips
10-11-2018, 03:53 PM
No other teams in this league put any fear into me home or away. We have made a few mistakes and been fullly punished for them.

We have a great squad but like every team a few players who probably are not good enough. Neil Lennon will have us right up there again I have no fear.

Keith_M
10-11-2018, 05:53 PM
Our next 4 fixtures are

Dundee (H)
Kilmarnock (A)
St Mirren (H)
Hamilton (A)

Kilmarnock away would be the biggest challenge and, TBH, I'd settle for a draw.

Hopefully we win the other three.

Onceinawhile
10-11-2018, 06:09 PM
9 or 10.

theonlywayisup
10-11-2018, 06:45 PM
Admins, can you merge the other "how many points" into this thread.

Wilson
10-11-2018, 06:47 PM
Admins, can you merge the other "how many points" into this thread.

Couldn't you pm an admin instead of trolling the threads?

theonlywayisup
10-11-2018, 06:54 PM
Couldn't you pm an admin instead of trolling the threads?

Had to look up what trolling meant. Apparently it means:

In Internet slang, a troll (/troʊl, trɒl/) is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.

Really, I was only suggesting that similar threads are merged. Gosh!

Wilson
10-11-2018, 07:02 PM
Had to look up what trolling meant. Apparently it means:

In Internet slang, a troll (/troʊl, trɒl/) is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.

Really, I was only suggesting that similar threads are merged. Gosh!

Oh. Maybe I should have looked it up :thumbsup:

Ronniekirk
10-11-2018, 07:25 PM
Our next 4 fixtures are

Dundee (H)
Kilmarnock (A)
St Mirren (H)
Hamilton (A)

Well we will do well to get three points st Killie

The 90+2
10-11-2018, 09:19 PM
Well we will do well to get three points st Killie

Dundee and St Mirren will park the bus scrap and fight too. I hope we are working our ***** off on team shape and creating chances the next two weeks.

tonyrougier123
10-11-2018, 09:23 PM
Dundee and St Mirren will park the bus scrap and fight too. I hope we are working our ***** off on team shape and creating chances the next two weeks.

Hopefully gray and agyepong are back,defo miss gray,and agyepong is direct.

The 90+2
10-11-2018, 09:26 PM
Hopefully gray and agyepong are back,defo miss gray,and agyepong is direct.

Gray and Hanlon are massive losses. Young Ryan playing out of position doesn’t help Lewis either. Hanlon out the team loses the balance the call and the control of the defence for me and is massively underrated still.

superfurryhibby
10-11-2018, 09:28 PM
Oh. Maybe I should have looked it up :thumbsup:

Or engaged the brain before posting? :confused:

Wilson
10-11-2018, 10:32 PM
Or engaged the brain before posting? :confused:

No. What I said.

I gave him good advice. PM an admin. Perhaps you missed that.

More good advice. Engage your own brain.

tonyrougier123
10-11-2018, 10:39 PM
Gray and Hanlon are massive losses. Young Ryan playing out of position doesn’t help Lewis either. Hanlon out the team loses the balance the call and the control of the defence for me and is massively underrated still.
Agree 100% 👍

Steve20
11-11-2018, 04:54 AM
7 points. We will win the two home games and draw at Hamilton. We won’t get anything at Kilmarnock.

Libby Hibby
11-11-2018, 09:03 AM
A couple of wins and we are right back in there. The current top 6 will have fixtures versus each other so points will be dropped. We look more sold with a 3 at the back, so play that for the next few weeks and we’ll be just fine.

Ronniekirk
11-11-2018, 09:22 AM

I would expect us to take care of business in those two if we have fully fit Squad by then With so many players away on international duty it doesn't help to prepare team for next game and the Heavy X mass schedule is not what we needed
But things can only improve

Eyrie
11-11-2018, 09:44 AM

I think that we need to sign a left sided CH next summer to replace either Ambrose or McGregor, depending on whether Ambrose signs a new deal. That would give us the balance needed.

superfurryhibby
11-11-2018, 10:25 AM
No. What I said.

I gave him good advice. PM an admin. Perhaps you missed that.

More good advice. Engage your own brain.

The bit that caught my eye was the uneccesary trolling every thread comment, which is quite ironic given the proliferation of attention seekers on here.

I’m predicting 10 points out of 12 over the next four games, that will put us right back up the table.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-11-2018, 10:33 AM

The way to win these games is to start at the highest tempo from the whistle and get the game won in the first half hour.

Hibeesmad
24-11-2018, 11:54 PM
Let the fun begin

houstonhibbee
25-11-2018, 05:21 AM
The way to win these games is to start at the highest tempo from the whistle and get the game won in the first half hour.
And then concede a soft goal either side of half time..........

Hibeesmad
02-12-2018, 11:35 PM
We go again

Hibeesmad
05-12-2018, 07:18 PM
It gets worse