PDA

View Full Version : As soon as Aberdeen scored....

cleanyman
09-11-2018, 08:36 PM
You just knew Hibs weren't going to get anything and that's why Aberdeen are a better team than Hibs and have been for years.

One Lennon win in eight games against McInnes isn't great reading.

As for the game itself, until we get a player who can link the midfield to the final third we will continue to struggle.

I remember saying just after pre season that we looked like a team that would have issues this season and I've seen enough to know that will be the case

Too many average players and we read too much into the results against the cannon fodder.

Borderhibbie76
09-11-2018, 08:38 PM
Lennon is not the messiah that some make him out to be on here...Fed up reading about how he's the best manager we've had etc etc...bottom half of table now nowhere near good enough. Questions also need asked of the Board and where is the McGinn money?? As it badly needs spent on that squad in Jan

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

S4uzee
09-11-2018, 08:42 PM
As soon as the game was televised it was obvious we’d get beat. Do we ever win away from home on Tv

Hibeesmad
09-11-2018, 08:44 PM
Can’t cope without Gray and Hanlon

we are hibs
09-11-2018, 08:44 PM
Lennon is consistently outsmarted by mcinness and Tommy Wright. Laughable some even mention him in the same breathe as Eddie Turnbull

CMac1988
09-11-2018, 08:47 PM
Lennon is consistently outsmarted by mcinness and Tommy Wright. Laughable some even mention him in the same breathe as Eddie Turnbull

They're both better tactically.

SirDavidsNapper
09-11-2018, 08:55 PM

Eddie Turnbull managed Hibs when 4-2-4 was a common formation. Completely different era. The game is completely different now.

JimboHibs
09-11-2018, 08:56 PM
They're both better tactically.

That was hardly a tactical masterclass from McInnes... yup we were dire but handed them their goal on a plate.

CMac1988
09-11-2018, 09:16 PM
That was hardly a tactical masterclass from McInnes... yup we were dire but handed them their goal on a plate.

Managed to delete my reply...

Anyhoo, less so tonight but in general he's tactically a better Manager. Head to head has Lennon with only 1 win in 8 against McInnes. It might be ugly at times but he's had the better of Lennon regardless of the situation and conditions.

What Lennon has over McInnes is desire and fight. But for the first time the players aren't responding.

One Day Soon
09-11-2018, 09:16 PM

That's 5hite. McInnes carefully crafted that defensive error tactically.

CMac1988
09-11-2018, 09:19 PM
That's 5hite. McInnes carefully crafted that defensive error tactically.

Yawn.

About as much reading comprehension as Jimbo. My reply was to 'we are hibs' and reflects the their head to head stats. There's more to it than just tonight's game.

marinello59
09-11-2018, 09:20 PM

McInnes outsmarted nobody. We lost because a young defender made a mistake.

One Day Soon
09-11-2018, 09:24 PM
Yawn.

About as much reading comprehension as Jimbo. My reply was to 'we are hibs' and reflects the their head to head stats. There's more to it than just tonight's game.

Correct. Like their spending advantage and their progression being several years ahead of ours because McInnes has been building his squad for years longer than Neil has ours.

IberianHibernian
09-11-2018, 09:26 PM
McInnes outsmarted nobody. We lost because a young defender made a mistake.Exactly .

IberianHibernian
09-11-2018, 09:29 PM
Lennon is consistently outsmarted by mcinness and Tommy Wright. Laughable some even mention him in the same breathe as Eddie TurnbullTurnbull was our manager when we played some great football in the early / mid 70s but also when we started the decline which led to relegation in 1980 .

rcarter1
09-11-2018, 09:31 PM
Correct. Like their spending advantage and their progression being several years ahead of ours because McInnes has been building his squad for years longer than Neil has ours.

I keep forgetting why Aberdeen have a spending advantage when they get smaller crowds than we do?

CMac1988

And that's fair. But McInnes is still the better manager tactically. Lennon's inability to change things and waiting until the last 10 minutes when it was clear to everyone that it wasn't working is frustrating. This has been a recurring theme recently and whilst we have a few players out injured so do other teams yet they still pick their best team where possible. Lennon doesn't know his best team and amazingly has the 'powderpuff' midfield back which he made a point of changing the minute he walked in.

KDY Hibs

Yep, a mistake! He will learn from this.......

CMac1988
09-11-2018, 09:35 PM
I keep forgetting why Aberdeen have a spending advantage when they get smaller crowds than we do?

Better sponsorship deals and more investors. League results in the absence of Rangers for a while and Hearts for 1 season and Hibs 2 also gave them a boost and helped with the aforementioned.

What money we do have though hasn't been invested wisely although it's easy to say that in hindsight. Too many medicine midfielders with no one capable of lifting the team when others aren't performing.

Shrekko
09-11-2018, 10:22 PM
I’d rather watch go shopping than watch a McInnes or Tommy Wright team every week.

Jim44
09-11-2018, 10:24 PM
You just knew Hibs weren't going to get anything and that's why Aberdeen are a better team than Hibs and have been for years.

One Lennon win in eight games against McInnes isn't great reading.

As for the game itself, until we get a player who can link the midfield to the final third we will continue to struggle.

I remember saying just after pre season that we looked like a team that would have issues this season and I've seen enough to know that will be the case

Too many average players and we read too much into the results against the cannon fodder.

Maybe Aberdeen are yet another ‘bogey team’. :rolleyes:

darwenhibby
09-11-2018, 10:33 PM
And Mcinnes has won 3 in 8 against Lennon
A crap 1-0 at ER last season when we were the better team
A poor 4-1 last season to a difference of a young defenders mistake and us creating 3 good chances
The cup game 5 or 6 goals for Hibs would not have flattered us
A Mclaren penalty miss up there probably cost us second
Yeh McInnes is a better manager than Lennon my archie
What makes tonight worse is losing at Easter Road to St Johnstone

one day maybe...
09-11-2018, 10:37 PM
I’d rather watch go shopping than watch a McInnes or Tommy Wright team every week.

Abso frikin loootly

Carheenlea
09-11-2018, 10:38 PM
We had some great chances after they scored, considerably more than they had. I was more confident of us scoring an equaliser than I was of us going two down.

One Day Soon
09-11-2018, 11:10 PM
Abso frikin loootly

Happy to agree entirely with my half brother One Day Maybe here.

vuefrom1875
09-11-2018, 11:22 PM

Obviously you've left out how a jammy bunch the sheep have been over recent games.....4 times mugged....go figure.

R'Albin
09-11-2018, 11:46 PM

Exactly. They're solid enough but their recent winning run is ridiculously lucky. They've had five shots on target and scored four in their last three games. This run won't continue for them.

stoneyburn hibs
09-11-2018, 11:49 PM
Can’t cope without Gray and Hanlon

Bang on the money.

BS44
10-11-2018, 12:00 AM

We lost because we weren't able to make any decent chances.

We've all been to Hibs matches when someone makes a mistake and it doesn't finish in losing

SRHibs
10-11-2018, 12:04 AM
We lost because we weren't able to make any decent chances.

We've all been to Hibs matches when someone makes a mistake and it doesn't finish in losing

I mean, we had the ball cleared off the line, missed a couple of great opportunities, missed an open goal (at a tight angle), had a couple of free kicks in threatening positions (with Mallan in the team these should count as big chances). It wasn’t the prettiest football, but over the piece we had more good chances than Aberdeen.

BS44
10-11-2018, 12:11 AM
I mean, we had the ball cleared off the line, missed a couple of great opportunities, missed an open goal (at a tight angle), had a couple of free kicks in threatening positions (with Mallan in the team these should count as big chances). It wasn’t the prettiest football, but over the piece we had more good chances than Aberdeen.

If only I had watched on the telly...

Hermit Crab
10-11-2018, 12:53 AM
And Mcinnes has won 3 in 8 against Lennon
A crap 1-0 at ER last season when we were the better team
A poor 4-1 last season to a difference of a young defenders mistake and us creating 3 good chances
The cup game 5 or 6 goals for Hibs would not have flattered us
A Mclaren penalty miss up there probably cost us second
Yeh McInnes is a better manager than Lennon my archie
What makes tonight worse is losing at Easter Road to St Johnstone

Defeat to Hearts cost us second, not a point away from home in Aberdeen.

we are hibs
10-11-2018, 05:49 AM

No we lost because we were rotten yet again. Lennon has 1 win in games against McInnes and Wright.

Jones28
10-11-2018, 07:01 AM
Managed to delete my reply...

Anyhoo, less so tonight but in general he's tactically a better Manager. Head to head has Lennon with only 1 win in 8 against McInnes. It might be ugly at times but he's had the better of Lennon regardless of the situation and conditions.

What Lennon has over McInnes is desire and fight. But for the first time the players aren't responding.

RE the last point you make - totally agree. I don't know how I would respond if munch boss kept dropping hints he might leave.

Franck Stanton
10-11-2018, 10:24 AM

Bottom line - we lost.

Smartie
10-11-2018, 10:26 AM
Lennon's not had a great month.

It's been a very long time since he last had a bad one.