PDA

View Full Version : Opposition

Hibs4185
09-11-2018, 09:33 PM
Quite simply the opposition know our game plan

Mallan- only a goal threat
Stevenson-always cuts back onto his stronger foo
Boyle-pace. Put your quickest runner against him. he’s no ronaldo.

There’s more but I fear we are too one dimesional

NAE NOOKIE
10-11-2018, 01:08 PM

Against St Johnstone we badly missed a target in the middle … every long ball went towards Whittaker and it didn't take the opposition long to suss out how to counter that.

I went on for years about how practically every team coming to ER was happy to allow Stevenson possession from the keeper because they knew the eventual outcome would be a pass into the middle or back to a centre half, with little or no danger of a threat down the left flank … that's not Lewis's fault, he has never had the pace or trickery to beat a right back.

That stopped being an issue when Barker came onto a game. We now have Horgan who it was my belief was signed to play as a left winger as he has done many times for PNE … but so far we appear to be using him as a midfield player, when he does play that is.

As things stand we have no long out ball if Kamberi isn't playing and even then I'm not convinced he is that great in the air and we have little threat from the left if we are unable to actually play Stevenson into position to get a cross in.

In the next game against Dundee I would like to see Boyle on one wing and Horgan on the other to see if that will get us round the back more often.

beensaidbefore
10-11-2018, 01:20 PM

Add to that we cannot take a bloody throw-in.

One Day Soon
10-11-2018, 01:35 PM
Against St Johnstone we badly missed a target in the middle … every long ball went towards Whittaker and it didn't take the opposition long to suss out how to counter that.

I went on for years about how practically every team coming to ER was happy to allow Stevenson possession from the keeper because they knew the eventual outcome would be a pass into the middle or back to a centre half, with little or no danger of a threat down the left flank … that's not Lewis's fault, he has never had the pace or trickery to beat a right back.

That stopped being an issue when Barker came onto a game. We now have Horgan who it was my belief was signed to play as a left winger as he has done many times for PNE … but so far we appear to be using him as a midfield player, when he does play that is.

As things stand we have no long out ball if Kamberi isn't playing and even then I'm not convinced he is that great in the air and we have little threat from the left if we are unable to actually play Stevenson into position to get a cross in.

In the next game against Dundee I would like to see Boyle on one wing and Horgan on the other to see if that will get us round the back more often.

I endorse this statement

One Day Soon
10-11-2018, 01:35 PM
Add to that we cannot take a bloody throw-in.

And this one even more.