PDA

View Full Version : HibbyBrian RIP

KazHibby
09-11-2018, 07:24 AM
It's with great sadness that I write this post to inform of the passing of Brian Cunnison (HibbyBrian on Hibsnet and the bounce) at Doha, Qatar.
A life long Hibby, Hibs historian and member of St Pat's, we shared many good times watching the Hibees on HibsTV here in Doha, often reminising of his times following the Hibs through the 60s and 70s, the old terracing and Hibs history.
We managed to share the last two matches whilst he was in hospital, which he took in his usual manner.
"To the angels high above"
RIP Buddy
GGTTH

Benny Brazil
09-11-2018, 07:27 AM
Sorry to hear that - RIP

NthCarolinaHibs
09-11-2018, 07:31 AM
Sad news.. RIP

lyonhibs
09-11-2018, 07:35 AM
Now that's a scunner. An encyclopedia of Hibs knowledge from what I could tell just from his posts.

RIP

Bostonhibby
09-11-2018, 07:40 AM
A right good Hibby and a valued poster on here. RIP.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

09-11-2018, 07:42 AM
Rest peacefully Brian.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-11-2018, 07:48 AM
It's with great sadness that I write this post to inform of the passing of Brian Cunnison (HibbyBrian on Hibsnet and the bounce) at Doha, Qatar.
A life long Hibby, Hibs historian and member of St Pat's, we shared many good times watching the Hibees on HibsTV here in Doha, often reminising of his times following the Hibs through the 60s and 70s, the old terracing and Hibs history.
We managed to share the last two matches whilst he was in hospital, which he took in his usual manner.
"To the angels high above"
RIP Buddy
GGTTH

Awful news. I worked with Brian when I was a student temping. Lovely guy big Hibby and it was Brian who was a leading light from our office that horrible day of the takeover. Shell shocked we followed when we could over to the stadium for any news. Brian campaigned to take donations to buy shares and promote Hands Off Hibs. Although that would only be one slice of his Hibstory.

Sorry to hear of another great Hibbys passing :(

southfieldhibby
09-11-2018, 07:49 AM
I'm sorry to hear this, he was obviously a lovely guy with a deep passion for Hibs. Rest easy Brian.

DaveF
09-11-2018, 07:54 AM
I didn't know Brian but from his posts on here it was clear he was passionate about all things Hibernian past and present. Sad news indeed.

Jonnyboy
09-11-2018, 07:54 AM
Absolutely gutted to hear of this. I met Brian a number of times when he was over for Hibs games and he was a brilliant guy to have as a friend.

RIP Brian and condolences to his family and friends.

Weegreenman
09-11-2018, 08:19 AM
Rest in peace Brian 💚

ChilliEater
09-11-2018, 08:23 AM
Really sad news. I'll miss his posts on here.

RIP Brian

Green Man
09-11-2018, 08:25 AM
Very sorry to hear this, RIP Brian.

A good few years ago now, Brian was kind enough to offer me the sponsors’ evening place he won in a draw on here. It was a brilliant evening and I’ll always be grateful to Brian for giving me the ticket.

My thoughts are with Brian’s family and friends.

Hibrandenburg
09-11-2018, 08:27 AM
RIP Brian. Condolences to the family.

BILLYHIBS
09-11-2018, 08:30 AM
RIP Brian taken too soon.

Billy Whizz
09-11-2018, 08:32 AM
Sad news
Rest in peace Brian

BroxburnHibee
09-11-2018, 08:35 AM
So sad.

RIP.

LancsHibs
09-11-2018, 08:39 AM
Had the pleasure of meeting Brian and chatting Hibs, a lovely man. RIP

NAE NOOKIE
09-11-2018, 08:44 AM
Always sad when a passionate member of the Hibs family passes, which Brian clearly was …. RIP and condolences to his friends and family.

Conrad Gray
09-11-2018, 08:53 AM
Despite having never met Brian or spoke to him in person, I am extremely saddened by this news. I have exchanged messages and emails with him for years about tales of old hibs and related items. He was always very generous towards Hibs related fundraising and is a sad loss to the Hibs family. RIP

Eaststand
09-11-2018, 09:28 AM
RIP Brian

GGTTH

Hibernia&Alba
09-11-2018, 09:30 AM
Aw man, I dread these threads; it's terrible to read of the death of a fellow .netter. Such a shame and a big loss to the forum; his Hibs knowledge was tremendous. RIP indeed and best wishes to all Brian's family and friends.

PatHead
09-11-2018, 09:31 AM
RIP Brian.

Forza Fred
09-11-2018, 09:42 AM
Sorry to hear of this.

I didn’t know Brian as far as I can recall, but it sounds like we were of a similar vintage.

Condolences to friends and family.

FranckSuzy
09-11-2018, 10:19 AM
Very sorry to hear this sad news. Brian was a great supporter of Kicks for Kids and every year, bought 4 tickets for the Canongate Youth Project to use. RIP Brian 💚

cabbageandribs1875
09-11-2018, 10:52 AM
sad news, RIP Brian

StevesFamau5
09-11-2018, 10:54 AM
Condolences to his loved ones. RIP Brian.

bawheid
09-11-2018, 11:13 AM
Very sad news. I enjoyed his posts on Hibees history.

CMurdoch
09-11-2018, 11:16 AM
Always sad when someone who made a difference passes. RIP Brian. Condolences to his friends and family.

Carheenlea
09-11-2018, 11:23 AM
Always enjoyed his posts - sad to hear this.

The 90+2
09-11-2018, 11:32 AM
Sorry to hear of the loss. RIP Brian.

CRAZYHIBBY
09-11-2018, 11:56 AM
R.i.p

BSEJVT
09-11-2018, 12:23 PM
RIP Brian

cal-d hibs
09-11-2018, 01:40 PM
RIP Brian, see you at the back of the goals,

O'Rourke3
09-11-2018, 01:48 PM
Very sad news. Condolances to his family and friends.

Here’s Lucy!
09-11-2018, 02:08 PM
RIP Brian.

Didn't know the guy, but obviously a huge Hibby.

I have a great friend, also called Brian, whom I have not seen for a long while due to his ill health. When I saw the thread title I was like 'Oh no'.

Anyway, I have digressed, very sad news about a member of the Hibs family.

Pretty Boy
09-11-2018, 02:19 PM
Sad news.

One of those posters who was rarely hysterical, was balanced and who clearly knew a lot about Hibs.

RIP.

Sylar
09-11-2018, 02:49 PM
Was this the same chap that was based in Canada (or Northern America) for a while?

I recall being pointed in the direction of someone on here called Brian (pretty sure it's the same chap) shortly after I joined, when I was toying with the idea of relocating across the pond and he was an absolute gentleman in our email correspondence, despite not knowing me from Adam!

I've always tried to replicate that kindness to new posters because of how treated me. If I am indeed thinking of the same guy, I'm incredibly sorry to read this.

stoneyburn hibs
09-11-2018, 02:50 PM
RIP Brian

stu in nottingham
09-11-2018, 03:11 PM
Oh no, i am so sorry to hear this sad news. absolutely gutted in fact. Brian and I messaged for many years and occasionally he would call too. A kind, generous and giving man, he once posted me a surprise gift of a book about my home town of Musselburgh, just because he knew I would love it. I finally got to meet him a few years ago in Edinburgh and he truly was a lovely man.

God bless you and rest in peace, Brian. You will be sadly missed. Sincerely condolences to his family.

trev the hat
09-11-2018, 03:33 PM
Sad news
RIP Brian
Condolences to family & friends

Iggy Pope
09-11-2018, 03:41 PM
He will be missed. R.I.P. Brian.

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2018, 03:54 PM
Met him when we stayed at the same hovel/b&b before that cup final, had a meal in Wotherspoons the night before, and a lot of drinks in the persevere and other hostelries along Easter Road.

A nicer man you couldn't meet, and what a Hibby.

R I P Brian.

Ceebs
09-11-2018, 04:08 PM
So sad to hear this, RIP Brian. I never had the pleasure of meeting Brian, he replied to me when i asked advice on moving to Dubai through work. I knew from his first message he was a true gent.

Heavenly thanks for your help Brian and sincere condolences to the family.

olivebuzzer
09-11-2018, 05:32 PM
R.I.P. Brian.

Sherlock Jones
09-11-2018, 05:48 PM
Sad news. Rest in peace Brian.

MSK
09-11-2018, 05:55 PM
RIP Brian

matty_f
09-11-2018, 05:59 PM
Sad to hear of this, RIP.

jellybean
09-11-2018, 06:20 PM
Thinking of his family and friends.

RIP Brian. Sad news.

KdyHby
09-11-2018, 06:45 PM
Sorry to read this Gordy, my condolences

son of haggart
09-11-2018, 06:47 PM
Sorry to hear that - always seemed a nice guy and a good contributor on here

Lemonade
09-11-2018, 07:15 PM
RIP Brian

IWasThere2016
09-11-2018, 07:39 PM
I didn't know Brian but from his posts on here it was clear he was passionate about all things Hibernian past and present. Sad news indeed.

Yup. Well said D. RIP Brian.

GORDONSMITH7
10-11-2018, 09:07 PM
Brian was a St. Patrick's Branch member. He worked and lived in Qatar for many years and is survived by his wife and three kids Callum, Isla and Kyle all of whom are members too. I had the pleasure of meeting him on a few occasions, the last time with his lads last year midweek, when we met in the Four in Hand, where he was picking up 5 dark green polo shirts, with the Branch badge on, for his whole family. We then took a wander to the Eastern Cemetery to show the kids Dan McMichael's gravestone. Back to the Four for several drams of his favourite malt.
Brian was a good and generous guy. He donated generously to all Branch causes and works, one of many examples being his donation of 4 Hibs season tickets each year to the Canongate Youth Project, through Kicks For Kids.
Brian was a Hibernian historian with a vast knowledge of our Club from it's inception. Back in 2010 when we started with 5 members, Brian on hearing of this new kid on the block, whose aim was to keep Hibernian FC's history and charitable ethos alive, was one of the first to sign up.

RIP amigo.

BIG G

MSK
10-11-2018, 09:23 PM
Brian was a St. Patrick's Branch member. He worked and lived in Qatar for many years and is survived by his wife and three kids Callum, Isla and Kyle all of whom are members too. I had the pleasure of meeting him on a few occasions, the last time with his lads last year midweek, when we met in the Four in Hand, where he was picking up 5 dark green polo shirts, with the Branch badge on, for his whole family. We then took a wander to the Eastern Cemetery to show the kids Dan McMichael's gravestone. Back to the Four for several drams of his favourite malt.
Brian was a good and generous guy. He donated generously to all Branch causes and works, one of many examples being his donation of 4 Hibs season tickets each year to the Canongate Youth Project, through Kicks For Kids.
Brian was a Hibernian historian with a vast knowledge of our Club from it's inception. Back in 2010 when we started with 5 members, Brian on hearing of this new kid on the block, whose aim was to keep Hibernian FC's history and charitable ethos alive, was one of the first to sign up.

RIP amigo.

BIG GNice words mate, hibs clsss 👍

Lancs Harp
10-11-2018, 09:30 PM
RIP Brian and deepest condolences to your family and friends.

Hibs is more than just a football club.

brog
11-11-2018, 10:24 AM

RIP amigo.

BIG G

A lovely tribute G. I'm devastated by this. As Freddy says we must be of a similar vintage & it was always a great pleasure to read & share his posts about the old days, we also share a forename! On the occasions when my memory failed me on my favourite subjects of Joe Baker or The Tornadoes Brian would step in & add to or gently correct my post. I always believed I must have known him from my Edinburgh days but, to my great regret, I never checked to confirm this. Was it Brian who produced small booklets about various aspects of our history? Sincere condolences to all his family & friends. You have the small consolation of knowing he saw that day & the greater consolation of knowing Brian was a fine man who, just from posts on here, lived a full & generous life. I'll miss him.

greenlex
11-11-2018, 10:27 AM
Really sorry to hear this. Great contributer o the board and clearly a passionate Hibernian man. Rest easy friend.

BarneyHibby
11-11-2018, 10:32 AM
Very sad news. RIP Brian.

kaimendhibs
11-11-2018, 10:40 AM
Sad news. RIP Brian

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk