PDA

View Full Version : NHC Positive Action From Hearts

Keith_M
08-11-2018, 06:31 PM
I think Hearts are to be applauded on taking action against the idiots that threw 'Pyrotechnics' onto the pitch, and at Hibs Fans, at last week's game.

Hearts take action to tackle use of pyrotechnic devices at Tynecastle (https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-take-action-to-tackle-use-of-pyrotechnic-devices-at-tynecastle-1-4826662)

I think they should also take action against the coin throwers (as should Hibs) and the Sectarian songs, but this is at least a start.

wookie70
08-11-2018, 07:08 PM
I think Hearts are to be applauded on taking action against the idiots that threw 'Pyrotechnics' onto the pitch, and at Hibs Fans, at last week's game.

Hearts take action to tackle use of pyrotechnic devices at Tynecastle (http://https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-take-action-to-tackle-use-of-pyrotechnic-devices-at-tynecastle-1-4826662)

I think they should also take action against the coin throwers (as should Hibs) and the Sectarian songs, but this is at least a start.

They should be applauded for that. Quote scary reading that as my daughter was hot with one and my asthma isn't the best. I wrote to our Chief Exec a week ago and await her reply. A friend had a similar incident and wrote to the police, Budge and LeeAnn last year and the Dr was the only one who replied.

Frazerbob
08-11-2018, 07:24 PM

Hearts take action to tackle use of pyrotechnic devices at Tynecastle (http://https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-take-action-to-tackle-use-of-pyrotechnic-devices-at-tynecastle-1-4826662)

Link not working for me.

08-11-2018, 07:35 PM
Well done Hearts for taking action.

Is this the beginning of the end for their new singing section?

SirDavidsNapper
08-11-2018, 07:49 PM
Budge doesn't tolerate this kind of thing to be fair to her. Surprised she even allowed a singing section.

Keith_M
08-11-2018, 07:50 PM
Link not working for me.

Sorry, updated it now

CMurdoch
08-11-2018, 08:08 PM

Hearts take action to tackle use of pyrotechnic devices at Tynecastle (https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-take-action-to-tackle-use-of-pyrotechnic-devices-at-tynecastle-1-4826662)

Look at the crowd photo in that article.
There is not one person in it over 21 years old.

silverhibee
08-11-2018, 08:12 PM
Look at the crowd photo in that article.
There is not one person in it aged 21 approx.

Is that a problem.

Carheenlea
08-11-2018, 08:14 PM
I think it might be the first step to closing those sections, or some of it, for Cat A games. They did so in the past in the main stand and it should make those areas of the stadium less of a flashpoint.

CMurdoch
08-11-2018, 08:22 PM
Is that a problem.

It is if that is where the idiot problems are i.e. the only reason they all bought season tickets there is so they can noise up the opposition supporters in the stand next to them and is a big problem if that extends to throwing coins or flares. The wise Dr may think the ticket office should have noticed a pattern.

Do you think it is coincidence that our singing section is now as far away from the away support as possible?
Dempster played them beautifully and they didn't suspect a thing.

Weegreenman
08-11-2018, 08:23 PM
Fair play, credit were credit is due. Absolutely no need for it. If football wants to keep attracting families then this needs to be knocked on the head.,

Aldo
08-11-2018, 09:19 PM
Is that a problem.

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

linlithgowhibbie
08-11-2018, 09:20 PM
It is if that is where the idiot problems are i.e. the only reason they all bought season tickets there is so they can noise up the opposition supporters in the stand next to them and is a big problem if that extends to throwing coins or flares. The wise Dr may think the ticket office should have noticed a pattern.

Do you think it is coincidence that our singing section is now as far away from the away support as possible?

Don't think our singing section (S43 as it was then) was ever a threat to away fans either through throwing stuff or from inciting violence! Pretty difficult from the back parts of S43.:thumbsup:

Signed a S43er

Hi Heid Yin
09-11-2018, 12:00 AM
Well done Hearts!
Credit where it is due.

JimBHibees
09-11-2018, 06:50 AM
What is clear from the photo is that spectators obviously weren't sitting in their ticketed seat as assuming they crammed in. Was the same at Hibs corner nearest wheatfield. Some basic stewarding in both stands would have helped greatly e.g making sure fans in their proper seat.

HibeeHibernian4
09-11-2018, 07:00 AM
The lower sections of N and G need to be closed off for Hearts’ category A games. Like The Den, it attracts the biggest idiots to the blocks nearest the away end so they can spend 90 minutes posturing and pretending they’re hard men.

Chuck Rhoades
09-11-2018, 07:07 AM

We asked to move to that section - the one least populated. And from my recollection, LD wasn’t involved at all, it was others at the club.

itslegaltender
09-11-2018, 07:10 AM
Don't think our singing section (S43 as it was then) was ever a threat to away fans either through throwing stuff or from inciting violence! Pretty difficult from the back parts of S43.:thumbsup:

Signed a S43er

Maybe no threat but Pyro was never far away when they were in Section 43...

BILLYHIBS
09-11-2018, 07:20 AM
Heard Potter getting interviewed on SSN reference the charge by the SFA re the alleged riot involving Hearts and HIBS players during the last Edinburgh Derby.

He said that there was no riot indeed his players were only trying to help the referee.

Duh! Does he mean help the referee get Kamberi sent off?

:confused:

Riot = confrontation

BILLYHIBS
09-11-2018, 07:27 AM

Signed a S43er

Remember standing in the East when the best supporters in the world lobbed CS gas into our section.

It caused a crowd surge as the only way to escape for most was to scale an eight foot high fence and seek the relative safety of the pitch. Idiots!

theonlywayisup
09-11-2018, 07:27 AM
Heard Potter getting interviewed on SSN reference the charge by the SFA re the alleged riot involving Hearts and HIBS players during the last Edinburgh Derby.

He said that there was no riot indeed his players were only trying to help the referee.

Duh! Does he mean help the referee get Kamberi sent off?

:confused:

No, he means in calming down the situation, which is what the majority of the players were doing. But this is already well covered in another thread.

BILLYHIBS
09-11-2018, 07:48 AM
No, he means in calming down the situation, which is what the majority of the players were doing. But this is already well covered in another thread.

If you think Dunne running 40 yards to stick his finger in Kamberiis face and the wee number seven having a sly kick at Kamberi is calming down the situation ithen fair enough! :confused:

I thought this thread was called positive action by Hearts?

Potter only made his Statement yesterday that the players were only trying to HELP the referee

They were being positive in trying to calm the situation down which we all know was not the case!

Keith_M
09-11-2018, 01:37 PM
If you think Dunne running 40 yards to stick his finger in Kamberiis face and the wee number seven having a sly kick at Kamberi is calming down the situation ithen fair enough! :confused:

I thought this thread was called positive action by Hearts?

Potter only made his Statement yesterday that the players were only trying to HELP the referee

They were being positive in trying to calm the situation down which we all know was not the case!

Billy, the title refers only the positive action they have, taken as mentioned in the linked article.

Nobody's trying to make out that everything they have done or said is positive, just giving credit where it's due.

Maybe you could read the first post again to get some context.

CropleyWasGod
09-11-2018, 02:36 PM
https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-1-2-3-4

BILLYHIBS
09-11-2018, 02:38 PM
Keekaboo I did read the whole thread before posting and you are correct Hearts should be commended for the action they have taken and I would like to see this reciprocated at Easter Road my post was based on the SSN interview I saw yesterday at 1300 hrs in which Potter said the players were only trying to HELP the referee and there was no confrontation??
To me that was laughable as the Hearts players were obviously trying to get Flo sent off
I just thought I would add it on to your thread as wee comical aside to them acting in a POSITIVE manner on the day
Apologies for hijacking your thread mate.

lapsedhibee
09-11-2018, 02:43 PM

… good statement ...

Moulin Yarns
09-11-2018, 02:49 PM
… good statement ...

And it should be the same at every ground in Scotland.

Tom Hart RIP
09-11-2018, 02:52 PM
Ann Budge statement says they will ban any Hearts fan causing damage to away stadiums.

Aim Here
09-11-2018, 02:53 PM
… good statement ...

I wonder how much of this will get implemented. I'm not convinced we'll be seeing the entire Roseburn forced to sit in their seats, or much in the way of Stewards doing spot-checks on tickets versus seat numbers, and a Hearts fan getting an indefinite ban for sectarian singing at Tynecastle is likely some ways off too...

O'Rourke3
09-11-2018, 02:54 PM

Can't argue with that.

Nakedmanoncrack
09-11-2018, 03:12 PM
Can't argue with that.

Really?

"... flying of any flag which is recognised as being sectarian, racist or political in its intent..."

The flag ban is ridiculous and unenforceable.

where'stheslope
09-11-2018, 04:12 PM
I wonder how much of this will get implemented. I'm not convinced we'll be seeing the entire Roseburn forced to sit in their seats, or much in the way of Stewards doing spot-checks on tickets versus seat numbers, and a Hearts fan getting an indefinite ban for sectarian singing at Tynecastle is likely some ways off too...

I know what your trying to say, but, if people don't behave in a normal manner in football stadia, other measures will need to be taken to stop the enjoyment of normal supporters who go to support their team, not stand and taunt the other teams supporters!

If you go to football regularly, you get a great view from your designated seat, its only when something happens, someone stands up and the domino effect starts and soon everyone is on their feet to see the game???

To many supporters think its nothing to do with their team, its always another team that causes bother, the sooner they supporters see that it is effecting their own fans, the better everything will be for everyone!!!!

The singing is up to the good fans to tell them to cut it out or they will be reported, the problem then is bother in the stands as youngsters don't like being told off!!!

linlithgowhibbie
09-11-2018, 04:16 PM
Maybe no threat but Pyro was never far away when they were in Section 43...

The pyros were from wee idiots who encroached into that area for a couple of big matches. They were telt to bolt, but after the damage was done.:thumbsup:

lapsedhibee
09-11-2018, 04:16 PM
:agree: Seat numbers don't even match seat numbers at that particular ground, so little chance of getting tickets to match up.

O'Rourke3
09-11-2018, 04:24 PM
Really?

"... flying of any flag which is recognised as being sectarian, racist or political in its intent..."

The flag ban is ridiculous and unenforceable.So. Red hand unrecognisable in intent or simply support for any Ulstermen in the team whether they are there or not?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
09-11-2018, 04:32 PM
Really?

The flag ban is ridiculous and unenforceable.

How is it unenforceable?

Aim Here
09-11-2018, 04:39 PM
I know what your trying to say, but, if people don't behave in a normal manner in football stadia, other measures will need to be taken to stop the enjoyment of normal supporters who go to support their team, not stand and taunt the other teams supporters!

If you go to football regularly, you get a great view from your designated seat, its only when something happens, someone stands up and the domino effect starts and soon everyone is on their feet to see the game???

That's not the case with Pittodrie, Ibrox or Tynecastle, where the entire away end is standing for the whole game as a matter of course. With Pittodrie, it's probably the poor view from the away end that's the issue - with the others, it's the nature of the event that's likely the driving factor. Point is, though, there's no way that Ann Budge is going to effectively persuade 4000 Hibs fans to sit down, despite what she's written in her statement.

The singing is up to the good fans to tell them to cut it out or they will be reported, the problem then is bother in the stands as youngsters don't like being told off!!!

The Billy Boys variant being sung at Tynecastle isn't just a tiny fraction of bad, young, fans, it's being sung en masse - there's simply no way that it's going to be enforceable what with the numbers of people involved, the difficulty of actually proving the offence beyond a reasonable doubt (singling out one particular singer out of 16,000 and ensuring that they sung an offensive variant of, say, The Gorgie Billy Boys, rather than merely shouting something unrelated or singing a non-offensive variant, is not an easy task) and there's the risk of a fan revolt if you hit a significant quantity of them with a severe banning for what is common practice at the ground (and with a high risk of banning an innocent person). I don't see this particular part of the statement being acted upon, except possibly when they have 20 Accies fans up and one of them acts out.

CMurdoch
09-11-2018, 04:39 PM
We asked to move to that section - the one least populated. And from my recollection, LD wasn’t involved at all, it was others at the club.

Fair dues.
You guys do a good job.
I trust you are careful you are not infiltrated by idiots.

Aim Here
09-11-2018, 04:43 PM
So. Red hand unrecognisable in intent or simply support for any Ulstermen in the team whether they are there or not?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Trouble is, the red hand is, in itself, not a sectarian symbol (it's in both the Ulster Flag and Ulster Banner, which are used by opposite sides of the divide), and I don't foresee RoI, Union Flags or Ulster banners falling under such a ban anyways. It would be far more trouble than it's worth to even try).

I suspect old Anne Budge means to clamp down on any paramilitary-styled flags that might happen to show up, though I don't recall seeing any last Wednesday.

CMurdoch
09-11-2018, 04:44 PM

Signed a S43er

I am massively impressed that you stand all game at 63 :aok:
Out of interest do you guys ever get folk in sections 42 or 44 complaining that section 43 folks standing stops them from seeing the match?

Keith_M
09-11-2018, 04:54 PM
Keekaboo I did read the whole thread before posting and you are correct Hearts should be commended for the action they have taken and I would like to see this reciprocated at Easter Road my post was based on the SSN interview I saw yesterday at 1300 hrs in which Potter said the players were only trying to HELP the referee and there was no confrontation??
To me that was laughable as the Hearts players were obviously trying to get Flo sent off
I just thought I would add it on to your thread as wee comical aside to them acting in a POSITIVE manner on the day
Apologies for hijacking your thread mate.

Fair dos, Billy. The guy does talk some crap

Bostonhibby
09-11-2018, 04:56 PM
So. Red hand unrecognisable in intent or simply support for any Ulstermen in the team whether they are there or not?

Sent from my F8331 using TapatalkJust swap it for the jobby brown hand of gorgie?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

wpj
09-11-2018, 05:10 PM
Remember standing in the East when the best supporters in the world lobbed CS gas into our section.

It caused a crowd surge as the only way to escape for most was to scale an eight foot high fence and seek the relative safety of the pitch. Idiots!

That's was an awful day, that hurt badly and I was sick all night. Polis didn't really help much either when they charged us on horseback. Did Celtc ever get punished for that? (Apart from on London Rd after the match)

hibbydog
09-11-2018, 06:02 PM
Just read the article on BBC website.

Well done to hearts for taking a hard line. I really hope they follow it through. Will be interesting to see the impact.

Col2
09-11-2018, 06:35 PM
They should be applauded. Sometime it’s important to admit you have a problem before you can do something about it.

If this gets the sectarian and racist element out of Tynecastle then good luck to them.

No flags, no standing, less songs (the song book was small as it is) will at the very least bring a more family day type atmosphere.

Eyrie
09-11-2018, 06:48 PM
A good statement from Budge, but I'll reserve my praise until I see what action is actually taken.

Nakedmanoncrack
09-11-2018, 09:58 PM
How is it unenforceable?

Can imagine the outcry if people were prevented from carrying the Union flag (clearly a political flag), or displaying clothes with it on. It's not going to happen, and neither should it.

linlithgowhibbie
10-11-2018, 10:23 AM
I am massively impressed that you stand all game at 63 :aok:
Out of interest do you guys ever get folk in sections 42 or 44 complaining that section 43 folks standing stops them from seeing the match?

63 ain't old nowadays, still play 5 a sides and walking footie so pretty fit. Do sit at half time tho!

Never had or heard any complaints from 42 or 44. Suppose you would have to ask them if their view is interrupted but quits a few in these sections stand for the bigger games.:nlgwa

green day
10-11-2018, 02:23 PM
Sportsound asked Levein about two things today, he spoke about 5 times as long about remembrance weekend as he did about dealing with the behaviour at tynecastle.

Its telling whats more important to them.

Keith_M
10-11-2018, 02:35 PM
Sportsound asked Levein about two things today, he spoke about 5 times as long about remembrance weekend as he did about dealing with the behaviour at tynecastle.

Its telling whats more important to them.

Image is all.

we are hibs
15-11-2018, 06:45 AM
Wonder if they'll be quick enough to take action here or if they will let a well known trouble making racist moron into one of their games?

EskbankHibby
15-11-2018, 07:57 AM
Wonder if they'll be quick enough to take action here or if they will let a well known trouble making racist moron into one of their games?

What a cringe that is

Keith_M
15-11-2018, 08:27 AM

What's that, the 'NF Loyal Lest We Forget WWATP' branch?

green day
15-11-2018, 08:34 AM

AFAIK, this is nothing to do with him actually going to Tynecastle - these muppets had a "charity fundraiser" during which some of them put on Tommy Robinson masks.

I dont doubt that the majority of decent hearts fans would be as disgusted as we would if this idiot was anywhere near a Scottish game.

Having said all that, it is clear from both the numbers there, and the support they have online that Hearts have a real problem with these types.

Raising money for charity doesnt gloss over an organisation with a name like "Loyal Gorgie" that thinks waving Tommy Robinson masks is a good laugh.

As an aside - has the idiot that threw the coin at Lennon been turned in yet?

Bostonhibby
15-11-2018, 09:00 AM
Wonder if they'll be quick enough to take action here or if they will let a well known trouble making racist moron into one of their games?It's unavoidable, as any walk in the countryside will reveal, the biggest cowpats always attract the most wee flies.

As this event doesn't appear to be at tynecastle hearts will probably be able to say it's nothing to do with them. It will be interesting to see how this twat is received if he ever did turn up at tynecastle.

Antifa Hibs
15-11-2018, 09:03 AM
We are hibs wrote...

Ssssshhhhh don't dare criticise Hearts or their fans, you'll update a few on the Yams accounts thread. They stepped up and saved their club don't you know, so every single one of them deserve enormous credit I'm hearing...

In all seriousness Tommy Robinson has been to see Airdrie play, spent a Friday night with a bunch of zombies casuals in Glasgow and now wants to go to Tynie. Some things never change...

Carheenlea
15-11-2018, 12:27 PM
Has this propelled Tommy Robinson to the top of the Hearts celebrity fans league table? Not a lot of competition to be fair.

maturehibby
15-11-2018, 12:34 PM
Still not heard that the coin thrower at Lennon has been caught

Elephant Stone
15-11-2018, 12:46 PM
Most Hearts fans will be embarrassed by that but at the same time most Hearts fans are happy to stand shoulder to shoulder with bigots every other week and will occasionally chip in themselves when they play the 'Fenian' teams- so it's no surprise that this poison is bubbling under the surface over there.

Well done Hearts. Racist, bigoted Gorgie Billy boys :aok:

Keith_M
15-11-2018, 01:26 PM
I can remember going to Tynecastle about 35 years ago for a derby match and the Hibs Fans were chanting "you're only Edinburgh Rangers" at their Hearts counterparts.

Maybe it's time to revive that chant.

BILLYHIBS
15-11-2018, 01:39 PM
Has this propelled Tommy Robinson to the top of the Hearts celebrity fans league table? Not a lot of competition to be fair.
Aye Ronnie Corbett sadly dead now
Louise Minchin BBC Breakfast has shown her true colours
Eric Milligan the councillor boy
Ian Murray MP
....Sorry ...starting to run oot now...Harry Potter??

The Pointer
15-11-2018, 01:39 PM
The most disappointing aspect of that photo is the disrespect it gives to the memory of those who joined McRae's Battalion.

superfurryhibby
15-11-2018, 01:41 PM
Ian Murray MP

You forgot Fatty Foulkes, Stephen Hendry, Iain Rankin and , ahem, Dean Owens.

15-11-2018, 01:41 PM
Ian Murray MP

That horse faced athlete I forget her name

Green Man
15-11-2018, 01:47 PM
You forgot Fatty Foulkes, Stephen Hendry, Iain Rankin and , ahem, Dean Owens.

Is Ian Rankin not a Raith fan?

BILLYHIBS
15-11-2018, 01:49 PM
Ha Ha Celebrity Jambos deserve their own thread
I thought Ian Rankin was a Raith Rovers fan fae Cardenden?
Siobhan Clarke and DI Rebus are hibbies
I remember one episode DI Rebus did the deed on the centre circle at the Holy Ground?

Elephant Stone
15-11-2018, 01:51 PM
I can remember going to Tynecastle about 35 years ago for a derby match and the Hibs Fans were chanting "you're only Edinburgh Rangers" at their Hearts counterparts.

Maybe it's time to revive that chant.

"go home, you huns" :agree:

BILLYHIBS
15-11-2018, 01:55 PM
Eilihd Doyle cannot stand her and her wee Jambo wristband I hate to say it but always want to see her fall flat on her face. 😂

BILLYHIBS
15-11-2018, 02:03 PM
Billy Broon 😁

superfurryhibby
15-11-2018, 02:04 PM

You’re right.

I was confusing him with TV Rebus, played by the Jamboid Ken Stott.

Does Alex Salmond count as a celebrity when discussing well kent Hearts fans?

Keith_M
15-11-2018, 06:09 PM
Hyacinth and Richard Bucket are surely Hearts Fans. Have you seen their car?

Bostonhibby
15-11-2018, 06:16 PM
Hyacinth and Richard Bucket are surely Hearts Fans. Have you seen their car?Alan Partridge. He should really have a branch to be in charge of as well.

The Modfather
15-11-2018, 06:21 PM

An ex girlfriend from many moons ago was Ian Rankins dental hygienist. She said he was a Hibs fan, not that it really matters I suppose.

CropleyWasGod
15-11-2018, 07:19 PM
An ex girlfriend from many moons ago was Ian Rankins dental hygienist. She said he was a Hibs fan, not that it really matters I suppose.I'd say anything just to stop those ****ers poking around in my mouth.[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Betty Boop
16-11-2018, 07:15 AM

Eilihd Doyle cannot stand her and her wee Jambo wristband I hate to say it but always want to see her fall flat on her face. 😂

Charming.

BILLYHIBS
16-11-2018, 07:29 AM
Charming.
I know sorry bad patter but brings it on herself tbh

Did she not also do the 5-1 sign before a race?

At least I didn’t say I hope she breaks them buck teeth as well! 😂

silverhibee
16-11-2018, 11:33 AM
More graffiti of "Hang Neil Lennon" appearing in north of Edinburgh.

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-11-2018, 11:50 AM
I know sorry bad patter but brings it on herself tbh

Did she not also do the 5-1 sign before a race?

After she won a medal somewhere 😯 what a sad individual, she took pelters for it on social media I'm told. Boot.

JimBHibees
16-11-2018, 11:57 AM
The most disappointing aspect of that photo is the disrespect it gives to the memory of those who joined McRae's Battalion.

Couldnt agree more shameful and shameless in equal measure.

Moulin Yarns
16-11-2018, 12:04 PM

Useful when you need to open a bottle of beer. 🍺

Forza Fred
16-11-2018, 12:05 PM
Ha Ha Celebrity Jambos deserve their own thread
I thought Ian Rankin was a Raith Rovers fan fae Cardenden?
Siobhan Clarke and DI Rebus are hibbies
I remember one episode DI Rebus did the deed on the centre circle at the Holy Ground?

He is a Hibby in the TV series, but not in the books

Siobhan is a Hibs season ticket holder in the books though.

BILLYHIBS
16-11-2018, 12:12 PM
Thanks for that I think you might be on to something here
Siobhan was also English so makes it kinda weird she would be a ST holder but we will accept all colours creeds races denominations and religions all welcome
I am sure the episode where he does the deed on the centre spot was televised but might be one of my weird dreams 😁

BILLYHIBS
16-11-2018, 12:44 PM
After she won a medal somewhere 😯 what a sad individual, she took pelters for it on social media I'm told. Boot.
Yes you are correct it was after another one of her brilliant snatching defeat from the jaws of victory Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games 400m Silver Medal on her lap of honour when the tannoy played our other national anthem 500 miles 😁