PDA

View Full Version : The Rangers and Willie Collum

James310
08-11-2018, 05:23 PM
CLUB RESPONSE TO SCOTTISH FA’S DECISION TO DISMISS OUR APPEAL:

RANGERS are extremely disappointed with the decision of the Scottish FA’s Judicial Panel to dismiss our appeal against the second yellow card shown to Daniel Candeias in the closing seconds of last Saturday’s match against St Mirren.

Rangers afforded the governing body the opportunity to let common sense prevail and we are surprised they have chosen not to do so by correcting what was, and what remains an inexplicable decision by the match referee, Willie Collum. Rangers shall now seek a fundamental review of the rules relating to red cards which result from two bookings of a player in a game.

If one of these decisions is obviously wrong, it must be possible to correct that mistake. It is wrong that players’ livelihoods and careers can be impacted without the opportunity of redress, especially when the official responsible for the miscarriage of justice is allowed to continue as though beyond question or reproach.

It defies belief that this same referee, who got it so blatantly wrong last Saturday, is awarded one of the biggest matches in Scottish football this weekend while Daniel Candeias is denied the right to go to his work. This, frankly, is unacceptable.

Furthermore, it is understood that a number of people within the Scottish FA are in no doubt Mr Collum’s judgment was flawed and Rangers shall also now be submitting a formal complaint about the performance of this referee. The manner in which he reacted to an incident involving our player made it obvious he did not give due consideration to his decision.

This is by no means the first time errors of judgment have been made in matches involving this official and clearly there is an underlying issue which requires to be addressed.

Libby Hibby
08-11-2018, 05:26 PM
Releasing a statement because the SFA/SPFL followed the current rules...simply wow

Callum_62
08-11-2018, 05:26 PM
Cant disagree with the silly rules - but they rules are set and if they want them changed it needs to be agreed by everyone and not changed willy nilly because one of the bigger clubs are aggrieved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
08-11-2018, 05:28 PM
'Defies Belief!'

They love these kinda phrases

lapsedhibee
08-11-2018, 05:28 PM
Astonished. Genuinely astonished, that The Flat Slug knows a synonym for 'beggars'.

truehibernian
08-11-2018, 05:33 PM
Any statement from them about Allan McGregor’s violent conduct going unpunished this season against Motherwell ?

Their real intentions and ideology are hidden in plain sight ! SFA will hide, Willie Young will hide, media will claim ignorance to the real issue - perpetrating social division and using football as the platform !

Enough is enough - punish The Rangers for bringing the game into disrepute !!

Alan62
08-11-2018, 05:39 PM
Collum's decision was an odd one. Applying the rules, however, is not.

Presumably that's the Rangers straight to the top of the Statement League with yet another outrageous pile of guff?

DH1875
08-11-2018, 05:42 PM
They love a statement lol.

bingo70
08-11-2018, 05:45 PM
Is it a statement for every decison that goes against them?

Think there was one after the Aberdeen game too?

truehibernian
08-11-2018, 05:45 PM
Collum's decision was an odd one. Applying the rules, however, is not.

Presumably that's the Rangers straight to the top of the Statement League with yet another outrageous pile of guff?

More importantly will the SFA and Willie Young support referees and process ? Be good to see them provide a firm rebuke and tell The Rangers to accept the process and not try and influence referee appointments based on what we all know they’re implying !

Smartie
08-11-2018, 05:47 PM
I feel slightly dirty for agreeing with most of a Sevco-released statement.

They are absolutely correct in all that they say before disappearing off into the strange "Collum has it in for us" part at the end.

They're not saying anything that we haven't said many times on this forum. It was a ludicrous decision and there must be some sort of a framework for a crazy decision like that to be overturned.

It is staggering that Willie Collum gets the game tomorrow night and Candeias has to sit out his team's fixture at the weekend as punishment for a non-crime.

Ha ha.

truehibernian
08-11-2018, 05:51 PM

They are absolutely correct in all that they say before disappearing off into the strange "Collum has it in for us" part at the end.

They're not saying anything that we haven't said many times on this forum. It was a ludicrous decision and there must be some sort of a framework for a crazy decision like that to be overturned.

It is staggering that Willie Collum gets the game tomorrow night and Candeias has to sit out his team's fixture at the weekend as punishment for a non-crime.

Ha ha.

That as may be but the inference is sinister and they know exactly what they’re doing - shameful statement much like the rest JT circulates. They need to be reined in !

Rumble de Thump
08-11-2018, 05:52 PM
The Rangers will win nothing again this season. Their ridiculous statements are simply designed to put pressure on the officials and authorities to give them even more help than they already get from them. The Rangers are by far the worst thing about Scottish football.

Danderhall Hibs
08-11-2018, 05:53 PM
Hopefully the rule does get changed.

Smartie
08-11-2018, 06:17 PM
That as may be but the inference is sinister and they know exactly what they’re doing - shameful statement much like the rest JT circulates. They need to be reined in !

I don't really think this one is "shameful" and tbh for a change I could see them having reasonable backing on this issue from the other clubs, including ours.

It does go off-piste at the end, and the stuff about Collum is unnecessary, but it is far from shameful (which is their usual standard).

truehibernian
08-11-2018, 06:30 PM
I don't really think this one is "shameful" and tbh for a change I could see them having reasonable backing on this issue from the other clubs, including ours.

It does go off-piste at the end, and the stuff about Collum is unnecessary, but it is far from shameful (which is their usual standard).

Of course it’s shameful when the inference goes beyond the refereeing decision and process - the inference is there for all to see and they are trying to influence future refereeing appointments based on ‘leanings’ - if you cannot see that you’re blind.

I know refs and who they support - none let that influence decisions. They are implying the opposite.

Hibs4185
08-11-2018, 07:02 PM
The Rangers will win nothing again this season. Their ridiculous statements are simply designed to put pressure on the officials and authorities to give them even more help than they already get from them. The Rangers are by far the worst thing about Scottish football.

They’ll win the statement league

Paisley Hibby
08-11-2018, 07:06 PM
Stops just short of demanding that the SFA tell everybody Willie Collum's address.

What a shameful and shameless institution they are; just as bad as the club they replaced.

Silky
08-11-2018, 07:10 PM

I'm with Smartue on this one. As much as I loathe that club and everything they stand for they are right here. The standard of refereeing in this country is appalling (as we noticed with Dallas in the Derby) and, frankly, it's about time it was highlighted in this way. Manager's can't speak out as any criticism gets them banned, so has to be the club's imo.

Yes, the statement loses it near the end. But I think it needed said. Shameful it is not.

truehibernian
08-11-2018, 07:11 PM
I'm with Smartue on this one. As much as I loathe that club and everything they stand for they are right here. The standard of refereeing in this country is appalling (as we noticed with Dallas in the Derby) and, frankly, it's about time it was highlighted in this way. Manager's can't speak out as any criticismgets them banned, so has to be the club's imo.

Yes, the statement loses it near the end. But I think it needed said. Shameful it is not.

So you don’t see the veiled inference ?

truehibernian
08-11-2018, 07:15 PM
I'm with Smartue on this one. As much as I loathe that club and everything they stand for they are right here. The standard of refereeing in this country is appalling (as we noticed with Dallas in the Derby) and, frankly, it's about time it was highlighted in this way. Manager's can't speak out as any criticism gets them banned, so has to be the club's imo.

Did they ever issue statements about Mike McCurry’s decisions ?

BH Hibs
08-11-2018, 07:22 PM
Rangers can **** right off in every shape and form past, present and future. Self righteous, indignant, pompous tossers

Hibee87
08-11-2018, 07:28 PM
What exactly was he booked for, has anything g been said about what happened/collum thought happened? That would be a good start
It would also be a good practice to have the refs review their decisions after the match and admit they may have got it wrong.
When Bartley was sent off v dundee utd few year back the ref was quick to come out and say he made a mistake, and most on here were happy he acknowledged it in public (canny mind who it was).
Only if after these checks and consultations by refs are done and any decision upheld should it be allowed to go to a panel, that includes reds and yellows.
Refs will make mistakes, all I want them is to admit them, and if it's a recuring theme, for their bosses to take action. Any one of us would get pulled up I our line of work for making continued mistakes.

Prof. Shaggy
08-11-2018, 07:31 PM
Rangers can **** right off in every shape and form past, present and future. Self righteous, indignant, pompous tossers

Just this.:greengrin:greengrin

lord bunberry
08-11-2018, 08:09 PM
:agree: And when they come back from ****ing off they can **** off again.

Stantons Angel
08-11-2018, 08:23 PM
'Defies Belief!'

They love these kinda phrases

Sounds better than the "Beggars Belief" they used in the statement against us!

Sir David Gray
08-11-2018, 08:31 PM
Willie Collum is a terrible referee and the decision to send Candeias off was awful however I'm not quite sure how they can be surprised that the appeal failed. Under the current rules, there is no framework in place to allow an appeal of a yellow card, except for simulation or mistaken identity. There was no "mistaken identity" at play here, it was simply a bad decision.

This appeal was nothing more than a publicity stunt.

Joe6-2
08-11-2018, 08:39 PM
Who the **** do they think they are?

Edit: I know, they r a peepul

Jack Hackett
08-11-2018, 08:39 PM
Sounds better than the "Beggars Belief" they used in the statement against us!

Jabba must have found the thesaurus tucked away in his belly folds

kaimendhibs
08-11-2018, 08:42 PM
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Get it right roond them.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Just Jimmy
08-11-2018, 08:45 PM
dock them 3 points and tell them if they issue another stupid statement they'll continue to be punished.

shameless creeps.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Lago
08-11-2018, 08:45 PM

Ha ha.
👍

Kojock
08-11-2018, 08:53 PM
We had a chance to obliterate The Rangers but bottled it.

Eyrie
08-11-2018, 09:14 PM
It defies belief that this same referee, who got it so blatantly wrong last Saturday, is awarded one of the biggest matches in Scottish football this weekend while Daniel Candeias is denied the right to go to his work. This, frankly, is unacceptable.

Like Steve Clarke, I await the response of the SPFL to this comment on Scottish referees.

After all, all we want is some consistency.

And the only consistency we'll see is the SPFL refusing to enforce its own rules when Sevco is the transgressor.

SideBurns
08-11-2018, 09:30 PM

This'll do for me. When it comes to highlighting poor refereeing (or, in this case, inferred biased officiating), the Huns lack any credibility. Hunbelievable.

JimBHibees
09-11-2018, 07:09 AM
Of course it’s shameful when the inference goes beyond the refereeing decision and process - the inference is there for all to see and they are trying to influence future refereeing appointments based on ‘leanings’ - if you cannot see that you’re blind.

I know refs and who they support - none let that influence decisions. They are implying the opposite.

Agree sub text is he is an RC. Collum has given rangers loads over the years, 2 which immediately spring to mind awarding a penalty at Parkhead when he had his back to the incident :greengrin and the one at ER when the grass clearly fouls Hanlon and he allows Kenny Miller to walk through and score to kill the game. Can't remember any statements then, though on the face of it the one at the weekend looked bizarre.

Ryan69
09-11-2018, 07:46 AM
Looking forward to the SFA coming down on them like a ton of bricks for critisizing the ref.

Lennon got hammered for it against Kilmarnock(i think) last season.

Oh wait...Its The Rangers were talking about here.

Nothing too see here then.

The Harp Awakes
09-11-2018, 08:14 AM
Only Rangers could manufacture a situation where they are 100% correct but still come out of it looking like a bunch of classless tw@ts.

A truly horrible, despicable football club which is rancid to the core.

Dashing Bob S
09-11-2018, 08:16 AM
Oldco were poisonous bigots, but the had an arrogant aloofness propagated falsely but a slavish media as 'stoicism' and 'dignity.'

Newco retain, and if possible, enhance the first quality, but have substituted the second with a bleating, paranoid victimhood that makes them even more boring and pathetic. The fat playground bully who cries all the way home to momma because he got a little splinter in his his hand.

Famous Fiver
09-11-2018, 09:14 AM
This thread makes sad, sad reading.

A very sad reflection on Scotland and the attitudes that prevail.

Callum_62
09-11-2018, 09:15 AM
This thread makes sad, sad reading.

A very sad reflection on Scotland and the attitudes that prevail.

Whys that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
09-11-2018, 09:26 AM
Been told Alan Muir is the ref now tonight

Make of that what you want

AFKA5814_Hibs
09-11-2018, 09:51 AM

Collum apparently got a groin injury in a European game on Tuesday.

PatHead
09-11-2018, 09:56 AM
Collum apparently got a groin injury in a European game on Tuesday.

Oh, that explains it.

CentreLine
09-11-2018, 09:59 AM
Oh, that explains it.

:hmmm: Maybe???

If the GFA had a set this would be to give Oor Wullie an additional couple of days to recover so that he could take charge of the The Rangers game on Sunday

Skol
09-11-2018, 10:00 AM

Christ, they have managed to replace a bad ref with an even worse one !

JimBHibees
09-11-2018, 10:27 AM

Absolutely horrific referee.

Hibernia&Alba
09-11-2018, 10:36 AM
It was a terrible decision, but going after Collum like that isn't on; they are putting huge pressure on him with that statement. What happens the next time Collum referees a Rangers game; will that pressure be on his mind? Will he be afraid to given decisions against Rangers in future?

Skol
09-11-2018, 10:42 AM
That is exactly why the made the statement. And it’s not just Collum. They want all refs to consider before any decision against them.

Hibernia&Alba
09-11-2018, 10:43 AM
That is exactly why the made the statement. And it’s not just Collum. They want all refs to consider before any decision against them.

Absolutely, it's surely a clear case of leaning on a referee. The Rangers should be hit with a disrepute charge here.

BroxburnHibee
09-11-2018, 11:06 AM
How long till the refs strike again?

DaveF
09-11-2018, 11:13 AM
Collum surely just brought it upon himself. That's how it works nowadays isn't it?

Steve20
09-11-2018, 11:18 AM
This thread would be different if it wasn't Rangers that did this. Refs are abysmal in this country and Collum is one of the worst for picking and choosing who gets decisions.

We should have complained more about Craig Thomson years ago, but we just let him get on with his cheating with nothing said.

Hibee87
09-11-2018, 11:23 AM
This thread would be different if it wasn't Rangers that did this. Refs are abysmal in this country and Collum is one of the worst for picking and choosing who gets decisions.

We should have complained more about Craig Thomson years ago, but we just let him get on with his cheating with nothing said.

I believe we did raise concerns/complained about Thompson. The only difference being is we didnt put out a statement or run to the papers about it. Coincidentally, or not, since we did (im sure it was a year or 2 after the 2012 final) we have not had many complaints about him as a ref, at least not that I can remember. :confused:

Sir David Gray
09-11-2018, 11:27 AM

Correct Collum is an awful referee and if this episode results in standards in refereeing being improved then that can only be a good thing. I have to question the way in which the new club have gone about this though.

Their statement reads as if they're the only club to have ever been on the wrong end of a bad refereeing decision.

Deansy
09-11-2018, 11:34 AM
'Rangers afforded the governing body the opportunity ...........'

How gracious of the low-life sucm !

However, their latest statement will have the desired effect and Collum will never be given one of their games again !

Biggie
09-11-2018, 01:01 PM

Get off the fence :thumbsup:

overdrive
09-11-2018, 01:48 PM
I believe we did raise concerns/complained about Thompson. The only difference being is we didnt put out a statement or run to the papers about it. Coincidentally, or not, since we did (im sure it was a year or 2 after the 2012 final) we have not had many complaints about him as a ref, at least not that I can remember. :confused:

I think it was before the 2012 final. I seem to remember that the consensus was that the GFA had deliberately given him the Cup Final because we had complained about him.

Hibs Class
20-12-2018, 12:35 PM
Fined £6k, two charges not proven, one withdrawn

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/

AZhibee
20-12-2018, 02:21 PM
Who helped them with the big words?

I'm Spartacus
20-12-2018, 02:41 PM
Total chunts.