PDA

View Full Version : Man City Scandal And The Link To Hands Of Hibs 1990

harpo
07-11-2018, 12:05 PM
I see the Tory vulture David Rowland is back in football over 30 years since he nearly destroyed our club for a tidy frofit. He is now helping Man City cook their books to avoid UEFA financial fair play scrutiny. This won't end well for Man City fans and their club with a parasite like him involved.
Wallace Mercer gets the most abuse rightfully so regarding the 1990 takeover bid but without David Rowland's involvement the whole dark episode in our history would never have been possible.
Here is a link to the Man City story.
http://www.spiegel.de/international/manchester-city-and-the-fight-against-financial-fairplay-a-1236347-amp.html

Ringothedog
07-11-2018, 12:53 PM
I see the Tory vulture David Rowland is back in football over 30 years since he nearly destroyed our club for a tidy frofit. He is now helping Man City cook their books to avoid UEFA financial fair play scrutiny. This won't end well for Man City fans and their club with a parasite like him involved.
Wallace Mercer gets the most abuse rightfully so regarding the 1990 takeover bid but without David Rowland's involvement the whole dark episode in our history would never have been possible.
http://www.spiegel.de/international/manchester-city-and-the-fight-against-financial-fairplay-a-1236347-amp.html

A horrible greedy man who I dislike immensely

Keith_M
07-11-2018, 01:01 PM

Maybe the fans that sing the Mercer song could switch to an anti-Rowland song instead.

BILLYHIBS
07-11-2018, 01:06 PM
We have Sheila Rowland to thank for refusing to sell her shares to a slime ball of a husband

Keith_M
07-11-2018, 01:09 PM
We have Sheila Rowland to thank for refusing to sell her shares to a slime ball of a husband

I actually forgot about that. She really did have genuine principles, unlike that Tory Bribing Tax Evading Slimeball.

CropleyWasGod
07-11-2018, 01:13 PM
I actually forgot about that. She really did have genuine principles, unlike that Tory Bribing Tax Evading Slimeball.

Her principle being "GIRU the ex"? :greengrin

Keith_M
07-11-2018, 01:17 PM

Well, obviously that would be for her to say, but I like to think she also cared about our club

:wink:

Hibrandenburg
07-11-2018, 01:28 PM
Maybe the fans that sing the Mercer song could switch to an anti-Rowland song instead.

He's not dead yet. :duck:

basehibby
07-11-2018, 01:29 PM
David Rowland is a nasty avaricious piece of **** - Man City fans would do well to hound him out of their club. He is poison.

brog
07-11-2018, 02:02 PM

It possibly was her motive, though I was told differently at the time. The strange thing is though she continues to be actively involved in Rowland's business interests. As for Rowland, just a despicable man & his involvement with Mercer nails the lie that Mercer had a vision for one combined club challenging for trophies. Their vision didn't extend beyond asset stripping from both clubs but primarily Hibs.

Jamesie
07-11-2018, 02:05 PM
It possibly was her motive, though I was told differently at the time. The strange thing is though she continues to be actively involved in Rowland's business interests. As for Rowland, just a despicable man & his involvement with Mercer nails the lie that Mercer had a vision for one combined club challenging for trophies. Their vision didn't extend beyond asset stripping from both clubs but primarily Hibs.

David and Sheila were certainly portrayed as still being together in 2005:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/the-690m-divorce-feud-7181277.html

ancient hibee
07-11-2018, 02:40 PM
Mr Rowland should be careful.If he upsets the owners he's liable to end up in the desert without a camel.

givescotlandfreedom
07-11-2018, 02:42 PM
Two FTBs

SingaporeHibs
07-11-2018, 04:11 PM

The difference is the Man City owners only need to watch for him screwing them out of a few quid. They have so much money that he couldn’t make a dent in their value even if he was at his worst. Very different to the Duff/Grey combo who really didn’t have a pot to piss in relatively to them.