PDA

View Full Version : Comedy Gold

Fogzie
07-11-2018, 08:29 AM
I would like someone to tell me which Planet this guy lives on

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2018/11/leipzig-manager-praises-celtic-fans-before-criticising-hearts-and-hibs-supporters/

To quote

"“Even though we all saw the unsightly scenes of the fans of Hearts and Hibs in their game last week, I think it’s worth saying that the Celtic fans are not known for that kind of behavior"

:confused::confused::confused:

Hibernian32
07-11-2018, 08:54 AM
Must have short memories chucking CS gas into the old east they are absolute animals

The 90+2
07-11-2018, 10:24 AM
Ironically relevant website name. Let’s hear the guys opinion of them booing silences all over the shop in the next wee while.

Hermit Crab
07-11-2018, 10:25 AM
20 pager.

Mick O'Rourke
07-11-2018, 10:53 AM
20 pager.

At least!

Astonishing article.

The fines imposed on Celtic by UEFA in recent years totals about as much as we made in our recent Europa adventure !
Granted, the fines were mostly for "political statements"

However,they ain't no angels when things are against them.

Opposition teams like us winning at Celtic Park or Hampden usually had a price to pay, certainly back when i travelled to these fixtures in Glasgow regularly.

I mind one time being called a masonic B after a game at Celtic cos i supported Hibernian ;-)

Not to mention the time a celtic "fan" showed me his open razor.

But that is another story !
He should have left it in his bathroom !

Hibee87
07-11-2018, 11:57 AM
Must have short memories chucking CS gas into the old east they are absolute animals

Does 30 years ago still come under 'short memories'? Not claiming celtic are angels by any stretch, but to use something that happend about 30 years ago is stretching the short memories just a bit no?

Hibernian32
07-11-2018, 12:33 PM
Does 30 years ago still come under 'short memories'? Not claiming celtic are angels by any stretch, but to use something that happend about 30 years ago is stretching the short memories just a bit no?
I just feel the "best fans in the world" should be more educated before they start talking drivel about our derby and antics. If they want to play that game I'm sure we've not had a murder in the streets of Edinburgh due to the rival top worn by someone. When did anyone from the OF start having the high ground when it comes to misbehaviour

I'm Spartacus
07-11-2018, 12:43 PM
Celtic are the WORST by a mile!!

stoneyburn hibs
07-11-2018, 12:47 PM
I just feel the "best fans in the world" should be more educated before they start talking drivel about our derby and antics. If they want to play that game I'm sure we've not had a murder in the streets of Edinburgh due to the rival top worn by someone. When did anyone from the OF start having the high ground when it comes to misbehaviour

It's the Leipzig manager who has been quoted, not anyone at Celtic.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-11-2018, 12:48 PM
My memory could be playing tricks on me, but I am sure that I can remember a Scottish team playing against another Austrian team, maybe Rapid Vienna? For some reason it was been played at Old Trafford?. Sure that I can remember a fan running on to the pitch and booting a Vienna player in the Town Halls?

Carheenlea
07-11-2018, 01:07 PM
My memory could be playing tricks on me, but I am sure that I can remember a Scottish team playing against another Austrian team, maybe Rapid Vienna? For some reason it was been played at Old Trafford?. Sure that I can remember a fan running on to the pitch and booting a Vienna player in the Town Halls?

https://www.northsection.co.uk/blogs/north-section-blog/celtic-rapid-vienna-1984-cup-winners-cup

MagicSwirlingShip
07-11-2018, 01:13 PM
Nearly 20 years ago, seems less.

Remember watching this on the TV, wondering what was going on.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/1999/may/02/match.sport2

WhileTheChief..
07-11-2018, 02:39 PM

Cannae really say someone’s got a short memory when the event happened 30 years ago!!!

greenlex
07-11-2018, 06:40 PM
Cannae really say someone’s got a short memory when the event happened 30 years ago!!!

Some of us can. 😬