PDA

View Full Version : Lennon Resigning?

Greenheart
05-11-2018, 01:36 PM
Anyone else heard this rumour is told the players this morning? Been on Radio Scotland and a journalist mate has also heard this. Hope it is a rumour

hibbyfraelibby
05-11-2018, 01:36 PM
Anyone else heard this rumour is told the players this morning? Been on Radio Scotland and a journalist mate has also heard this. Hope it is a rumour

The Rumour started on Saturday on Keekback.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/179941-lennon-resigned-asking-not-telling/

Stuart93
05-11-2018, 01:38 PM
The Rumour started on Saturday on Keekback.

The rumour actually started on twitter then here. I wouldn’t say it’s came from nowhere either

JimBHibees
05-11-2018, 01:39 PM
The rumour actually started on twitter then here. I wouldn’t say it’s came from nowhere either

What does that mean? It is either correct or made up probably by a bitter yam.

ancient hibee
05-11-2018, 01:51 PM
Hard to believe that Radio Scotland is broadcasting something that they describe as a rumour.

hibbyfraelibby
05-11-2018, 01:56 PM

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/179941-lennon-resigned-asking-not-telling/

jacomo
Lenny said he might ‘consider his position’ and here we go again.

Do we have to go through this after every derby at Tynie? Why don’t we just work out how to beat them on their own patch?

Kato
Hard to believe that Radio Scotland is broadcasting something that they describe as a rumour.

Is it that hard to believe?

MB62
He said on Thursday he loved his job and the people he was working with and the players. Also said resigning would let the bigots win 9or something along those lines) so he would be going nowhere (fingers crossed)

Stuart93
05-11-2018, 02:02 PM
What does that mean? It is either correct or made up probably by a bitter yam.

The source from twitter where it originally came from (which we can’t discuss on here) was passing on what they’d heard. Wouldn’t think that person made it up from nowhere either

jacomo
05-11-2018, 02:03 PM
The source from twitter where it originally came from (which we can’t discuss on here) was passing on what they’d heard. Wouldn’t think that person made it up from nowhere either

Was it you?

You normally like to stir it up.

ancient hibee
05-11-2018, 02:06 PM
Is it that hard to believe?

Yes.

Wilson
05-11-2018, 02:09 PM
Steve Clarke please.

Onion
05-11-2018, 02:11 PM
Would be astonished if there’s anything to this. It would be exactly the result the coin throwing Yam and his 15000 pals would be hoping for - and Lennon’s not the type to give in to the mob. Wishful thinking by Yams who gave nothing else to grasp onto !

Hibeewilly
05-11-2018, 02:11 PM
Lenny is 100% a winner and is going nowhere IMHO

I'm Spartacus
05-11-2018, 02:13 PM
Nah, unless he's being lined up for somewhere else, I don't see him having better lifestyle than he does just now, he LOVES East Lothian and his golf down there, he loves the slower pace of life compared to the Celtic goldfish bowl.

I smell ***** on this one and guess it's a PrickBack rumour that's grown arms and legs.

I'm Spartacus
05-11-2018, 02:15 PM
OR is he re-signing!!!! :)

BILLYHIBS
05-11-2018, 02:16 PM
:wtf:

Not this old chestnut!

:yawn:

Onion
05-11-2018, 02:17 PM
He said on Thursday he loved his job and the people he was working with and the players. Also said resigning would let the bigots win 9or something along those lines) so he would be going nowhere (fingers crossed)

Yams cannot beat us in the field, they have a crap manager, crap ground, no songbook, thugs as players and zero class. Their hopes and dreams now revolve around Hibs fortunes. It’s classic Obsessive behaviour.

Dancehibs
05-11-2018, 02:27 PM
Yams cannot beat us in the field, they have a crap manager, crap ground, no songbook, thugs as players and zero class. Their hopes and dreams now revolve around Hibs fortunes. It’s classic Obsessive behaviour.
Eight points above us

Brooster
05-11-2018, 02:28 PM
No smoke without fire.

heretoday
05-11-2018, 02:29 PM
I wouldn't blame him. The crap he's taken all these years.

I hope he doesn't.

silverhibee
05-11-2018, 02:30 PM
Was it you?

It was a good friend of Lennon's who tweeted it.

KdyHby
05-11-2018, 02:34 PM
Are we playing one of the infirm this weekend? 😉

Rumble de Thump
05-11-2018, 02:35 PM
The rumour began with certain journalists deliberately reporting Neil Lennon's comments out of context. He has no intention of resigning. The club know that and the journalists also know that, which is why the club are not happy with said journalists.

Smartie
05-11-2018, 02:37 PM
No smoke without fire.

Well, it is the 5th of November right enough.

It would be a shame if Lennon's last match in charge turned out to be that damp squib of a match on Saturday.

bingo70
05-11-2018, 02:40 PM
The rumour began with certain journalists deliberately reporting Neil Lennon's comments out of context. He has no intention of resigning. The club know that and the journalists also know that, which is why the club are not happy with said journalists.

That’s not how the rumour began.

I know the comment you’re talking about but he superseded that later by saying he’s be staying here for the next year or two.

The latest rumour came from after the match on Saturday.

Kato
05-11-2018, 02:43 PM
Yes.

I meant that BBC Radio Scotland would go with a football rumour on their news show. I'm not surprised.

Velma Dinkley
05-11-2018, 02:45 PM

I know the comment you’re talking about but he superseded that later by saying he’s be staying here for the next year or two.

Surely the rumour about him resigning began with the rumour about him resigning? :greengrin

BegbieHSC
05-11-2018, 02:48 PM
99% sure it’s not true.

Weir07
05-11-2018, 02:49 PM
No smoke without fire.

You're usually in the know, any substance to it?

Brooster
05-11-2018, 02:57 PM
You're usually in the know, any substance to it?

Yes but that's all I'm prepared to say at this juncture.

KDY Hibs
05-11-2018, 03:01 PM

That doesn't sound great........

BegbieHSC
05-11-2018, 03:03 PM

Interesting - I’ve heard from someone apparently ITK that there’s no substance to it. I hope he’s right.

I suppose time will tell...

Weir07
05-11-2018, 03:04 PM

Ok, that's fair enough, you've always got good info, so will be interesting to see how this develops.

Sir David Gray
05-11-2018, 03:06 PM
I don't believe he's going anywhere.

Speedway
05-11-2018, 03:08 PM
Well if he is, I hope he gets on with it quickly and leaves.

He’s threatened us about not blessing us with his presence before and it’s time his bluff was called as we’ve lost enough momentum with his failed rebuild already.

If he’s going, get gone. If he’s staying commit and bring us three points on Friday.

lapsedhibee
05-11-2018, 03:08 PM

So you're saying it was a breaking rumour on Saturday, and it's an established rumour now - that how these things work?

Or are these two completely separate rumours, about exactly the same thing? :dunno:

Smartie
05-11-2018, 03:12 PM
Lennon can drift into hyperbole territory occasionally.

Hunch tells me that it is someone taking something literally that wasn't really meant to be taken that way and that it has grown arms and legs.

Hope so anyway.

Dancehibs
05-11-2018, 03:12 PM

He’s threatened us about not blessing us with his presence before and it’s time his bluff was called as we’ve lost enough momentum with his failed rebuild already.

If he’s going, get gone. If he’s staying commit and bring us three points on Friday.
I agree with this . I love Lenny. But we can’t have this drama.

Info shared was decent. He did say things to the players after the game.

bingo70
05-11-2018, 03:14 PM
So you're saying it was a breaking rumour on Saturday, and it's an established rumour now - that how these things work?

Or are these two completely separate rumours, about exactly the same thing? :dunno:

No, there was a rumour immediately after the press conference on Friday saying he was considering his future in Scottish football. Later on that was clarified when the full 16 minute press conference was put up on you tube and he said he expected to be here for the next year or two so that appeared to put the rumour to bed.

On Saturday night though a new rumour came out that he had told the players after the game he may be off.

I think that makes it two separate rumours but I’m no sure on the technicalities here 😉

Bostonhibby
05-11-2018, 03:15 PM
Has this got something to do with distracting yokels on kickback from the fact that their team lost more goals against celtc than they actually managed shots on target over two games?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Callum_62
05-11-2018, 03:16 PM
was called as we’ve lost enough momentum with his failed rebuild already.

:rolleyes:

G B Young
05-11-2018, 03:18 PM

That seems harsh. The positives which Lennon has brought to Hibs during his time as manager steamroller any negatives and I would be very disappointed if there's any truth in this latest rumour. If there IS any truth in it and it comes down to the fact he feels he's had enough of the the abuse he's been getting ever since he's played and managed in Scotland then he has my every sympathy and my 100% support. His health issues are well documented and you could see why putting himself in the front line week in week out would get to be too much for anyone, even someone with a tough a skin as Lennon.

we are hibs
05-11-2018, 03:18 PM

Don't know why you're reacting like that as it's true. This team is a significant downgrade on last season's

Callum_62
05-11-2018, 03:20 PM
Don't know why you're reacting like that as it's true. This team is a significant downgrade on last season's

after losing Mcginn Mcgeough and Allan what did folk expect

Mcginn, and to an extent Dylan were always going to be nigh on impossible to replace

However, didnt we have more points than the same stage last season a few weeks back?

Harsh in the extreme

Folk need to remember where we were 2 seasons ago

J-C
05-11-2018, 03:26 PM

Mcginn, and to an extent Dylan were always going to be nigh on impossible to replace

However, didnt we have more points than the same stage last season a few weeks back?

Harsh in the extreme

And we also have to remember we were 2 games away from 2nd spot last year, big budget and the McGinn money but we still never signed Allan and have again too many either loan deals or last minute signings way off the pace and not contributing. Apart from a few players this is his team and it's definitely poorer than last season's.

JimBHibees
05-11-2018, 03:31 PM
And we also have to remember we were 2 games away from 2nd spot last year, big budget and the McGinn money but we still never signed Allan and have again too many either loan deals or last minute signings way off the pace and not contributing. Apart from a few players this is his team and it's definitely poorer than last season's.

You would need to be fair and reflect the injuries and Europe plus international breaks meaning much more of a stop start nature. Too early to say it isnt as good IMO.

matty_f
05-11-2018, 03:32 PM
You would need to be fair and reflect the injuries and Europe plus international breaks meaning much more of a stop start nature. Too early to say it isnt as good IMO.

You're optimistic if you think folk are going to be fair about something when there's a chance to put the boot in. :greengrin

Callum_62
05-11-2018, 03:33 PM

I believe we had 19 points after 11 games last year

We have 18 now

JimBHibees
05-11-2018, 03:34 PM
You're optimistic if you think folk are going to be fair about something when there's a chance to put the boot in. :greengrin

No harm in trying. :greengrin

Northern Hibby
05-11-2018, 03:35 PM
Lenny said he might ‘consider his position’ and here we go again.

Do we have to go through this after every derby at Tynie? Why don’t we just work out how to beat them on their own patch?

He/we need to stop being drawn into the "it's going to be a battle" mind games, just set out to plaý our own game, we seem to be turning the derby into a scrap before a ball is kicked.

J-C
05-11-2018, 03:36 PM

Not putting any boot in Matty, I just feel the squad is considerably weaker than last season, take injuries and suspensions into account and if looks very thin, I still don't think Lennon knows his best team and shape yet.

SaulGoodman

We have 18 now

We were also the greatest team people had ever seen after scudding Hamilton 6-0 but 1 expected defeat, 1 okay draw and 1 very bad defeat later we are rank rotten again because there is no in between with Hibs.net

hibbydog
Ah....we got beat at the weekend so the glass is half empty again.

If we’re not as good as last seasons team, perhaps we could remember who was responsible for last season?

Knee jerk reaction to the first home defeat in 11 months is staggering.

Smartie
05-11-2018, 03:42 PM
We've had one bad result.

Lots of teams will lose at Parkhead, very few will make as good a game of it as we did.

Lot of teams lose at Tynecastle, we didn't, in spite of playing 25 minutes or so with 10 men.

We were pish and deserved to lose at home at the weekend. That hasn't happened for a very long time.

I for one really hope he's staying.

bingo70
05-11-2018, 03:45 PM
We've had one bad result.

Lots of teams will lose at Parkhead, very few will make as good a game of it as we did.

Lot of teams lose at Tynecastle, we didn't, in spite of playing 25 minutes or so with 10 men.

We were pish and deserved to lose at home at the weekend. That hasn't happened for a very long time.

I for one really hope he's staying.

I think everyone wants him to stay, if he wants to stay.

Uncertainty isn’t good for anyone though so if he has said to the players after the game he may be off that’s not good enough and I hope it happens sooner rather than later.

ALF TUPPER
05-11-2018, 03:46 PM
One of my work colleagues couldn't wait to tell me ...... 😂😂
All over Pars fans site he says

Dearie me 🤭

JimBHibees
05-11-2018, 03:49 PM
He/we need to stop being drawn into the "it's going to be a battle" mind games, just set out to plaý our own game, we seem to be turning the derby into a scrap before a ball is kicked.

I think we would have lost if we didnt set up like we did. We need to combat the way they play and hope the game opens up later on unfortunately the ref scuppered that by sending off our chief goal threat.

jacomo
05-11-2018, 03:50 PM

We have 18 now

We had a poor start last season and were leaking goals.

bingo70
05-11-2018, 03:51 PM
One of my work colleagues couldn't wait to tell me ...... 😂😂
All over Pars fans site he says

Dearie me 🤭

I know there’s some reliable posters on here but I do wonder how fans on here, JKB and some Dunfermline fans website would all pick it up before anybody in the MSM?

Contrary to popular belief most journalists will have sources at the club and if anything was happening I’d have thought at least one of them may have picked up on it by now.

chrisski33
05-11-2018, 03:54 PM
FFS it's all come from after the Derby when he said on Thursday he may consider his position. He later clarified that he was happy to stay at Hibs and wasn't going anywhere. End of story. Close thread

Northern Hibby
05-11-2018, 03:56 PM
I think we would have lost if we didnt set up like we did. We need to combat the way they play and hope the game opens up later on unfortunately the ref scuppered that by sending off our chief goal threat.

I don't think we set up to combat how they play, i think we set up to mimic how they play, we didn't set up for a scrap, we set up to scrap, and when you do that nobody wins, certainly not football.

bingo70
05-11-2018, 03:58 PM
FFS it's all come from after the Derby when he said on Thursday he may consider his position. He later clarified that he was happy to stay at Hibs and wasn't going anywhere. End of story. Close thread

Not really the end of the story though if posters who are known to be reliable and have inside info are saying he told the players after the game on Saturday he may be off?

At the very least it’s worth keeping the thread open for surely?

Lemonade
05-11-2018, 04:03 PM
I hope not.
I think he needs to get the head down and get on with the job in hand and stop alluding to leaving (if the story is indeed accurate)

ancient hibee
05-11-2018, 04:05 PM
Not really the end of the story though if posters who are known to be reliable and have inside info are saying he told the players after the game on Saturday he may be off?

At the very least it’s worth keeping the thread open for surely?
Could it be that he said to the players “if you lot play like that again,I’m off”. ?

matty_f
05-11-2018, 04:06 PM
Not putting any boot in Matty, I just feel the squad is considerably weaker than last season, take injuries and suspensions into account and if looks very thin, I still don't think Lennon knows his best team and shape yet.

No offence meant, J-C, was just making a joke. :aok:

BSEJVT
05-11-2018, 04:10 PM
We had a poor start last season and were leaking goals.

Folk have very short memories

A poor start to the season would have been under Stubbs in Championship or under some of the post Collins numpties

Folk really need a reality check on where we come from.

we are hibs
05-11-2018, 04:22 PM

Harsh in the extreme

I expected a better midfielder than Hyndman who has contrubuted absolutely no goals and no assists to replace Allan, mallan has been a good signing and has an incredible shot on him but defensively he leaves a lot to be desired and I've defended slivka a lot over the last year and a half but he really hasn't shown much apart from a couple goals against rangers and Celtic to merit a starting place. Milligan has been good but has suffered from Lennon shifting him into defence. We are still lightweight up top as has been proven by the fact we have Boyle up there. One winger was injury prone before signing is out injured and the other has shown glimpses but that's it.

I don't think it's harsh to criticise our summer recruitment.it was the same this time last year when we had a poor window that summer but people still claimed different.

Ronniekirk
05-11-2018, 04:28 PM
I expected a better midfielder than Hyndman who has contrubuted absolutely no goals and no assists to replace Allan, mallan has been a good signing and has an incredible shot on him but defensively he leaves a lot to be desired and I've defended slivka a lot over the last year and a half but he really hasn't shown much apart from a couple goals against rangers and Celtic to merit a starting place. Milligan has been good but has suffered from Lennon shifting him into defence. We are still lightweight up top as has been proven by the fact we have Boyle up there. One winger was injury prone before signing is out injured and the other has shown glimpses but that's it.

I don't think it's harsh to criticise our summer recruitment.it was the same this time last year when we had a poor window that summer but people still claimed different.
Hyndman has scored one and been unlucky not to score more imo
But he has yet to impose himself and make himself a guaranteed starter Good Technical player but balance in Midfield wasn't right on Saturday and no one took the game by the scruff of the neck and drove us forward

Babyshamble
05-11-2018, 04:29 PM
Pars mate of mine says the boy was referring to an article he saw last week.

MWHIBBIES
05-11-2018, 04:29 PM

I don't think it's harsh to criticise our summer recruitment.it was the same this time last year when we had a poor window that summer but people still claimed different.Do you only look at the negatives in every aspect of life or simply Hibs?

Hyndman scored against Hamilton. Probably has a few assists as well.

Mallan has more goals than Allan, Mcginn and McGeouch got combined last season

Has Slivka actually had a bad game this season? He's been in strange positions, often on the bench but he's played well when he has played and our best 2 wins score wise (Dundee and Hamilton) had him playing very well. Totally changed the Asteras game when he came on as well.

Boyle played upfront because our 2 main strikers were injured or suspended. How many players do you actually except Hibs to have? What if we signed another striker and no one ever got injured so he never played? That seems like a good use of wages.

BlackSheep
05-11-2018, 04:31 PM
Every Scottish team's forum is rife with this rumour simply cos they all want it to happen.

Lennon has been the best thing to happen to Hibs for a long time, he turned a team that loved to choke into a team willing to battle to the very death.

Most teams fear playing us... including the old firm, and they all have reason to be afraid.

Unfortunately for us, that fear doesn't always work in our favour, especially when we have a bad day or two at the office!

silverhibee
05-11-2018, 04:32 PM
I know there’s some reliable posters on here but I do wonder how fans on here, JKB and some Dunfermline fans website would all pick it up before anybody in the MSM?

Contrary to popular belief most journalists will have sources at the club and if anything was happening I’d have thought at least one of them may have picked up on it by now.

Players or staff who were privy to what was said after the game will tell family or friends before running to the media, more like once the press have heard something that a journalist may get in touch with a player to find out if any truth in the story, talking to the press may backfire on player or staff if he gets caught.

Someone close to Lennon tweeted on Saturday night that we aren't allowed to talk about on here, I mentioned it as well and I heard it from a players mate what Lennon allegedly said, the media will pick up on it soon enough, the two posters on here who have spoke about it would suggest this isn't a load of nonsense.

truehibernian

Hyndman has scored and he has provided an assist - 12 or so games enough time to really judge ? He's a decent player, not helped by recent tinkering of formations. Mallan has scored 9 goals in 19 games and we are only 11 games into the league season ! Slivka isn't helped again by tinkering and being in and out the side, however he hasn't let the side down when I've seen him play.

Scott Allan Key
Well, it is the 5th of November right enough.

It would be a shame if Lennon's last match in charge turned out to be that damp squib of a match on Saturday.

A day celebrating a burning of the effigy of a Catholic. What a wonderful, enlightened tradition!

truehibernian
05-11-2018, 04:39 PM
Players or staff who were privy to what was said after the game will tell family or friends before running to the media, more like once the press have heard something that a journalist may get in touch with a player to find out if any truth in the story, talking to the press may backfire on player or staff if he gets caught.

Someone close to Lennon tweeted on Saturday night that we aren't allowed to talk about on here, I mentioned it as well and I heard it from a players mate what Lennon allegedly said, the media will pick up on it soon enough, the two posters on here who have spoke about it would suggest this isn't a load of nonsense.

Really wouldn't surprise me SH, I really think he was close to it after last season's game at Tynecastle after seeing him close hand before and after that game - would be wrong to speculate admittedly but I think he does struggle at times to keep it together due to him being so competitive and not having the personnel to really drive forward his plans / desires. That isn't a dig at Hibs either, just that he wants the club driving forward at a pace that resources won't allow (in my opinion).

I posted a few days ago that he also needs to curb his emotions in the derbies at Tynie - it transmits to the players and they respond negatively. It can be very over-bearing and takes the focus off the football being played on the pitch.

superfurryhibby
05-11-2018, 04:41 PM
Hibs net is a very polarising place and thank the lord it isn’t particularly reflective of the wider Hibs support.

There are a group of folk who revel in poor results and can’t wait to be all over here stirring ****, then there are the folk who take themselves and football too seriously and jump straight on the bandwagon. There is no reasoning with or persuading these folk.

We are less than a third of the way through the season. There are no consistent trends or patterns to emerge which would give any certainty as to how the season will end up.

We all know we lost three fantastic players, guys who were instrumental in creating such a dynamic side for the last half of the previous season. Anyone with half a brain knows that they were going to be hard, if not impossible to replace, especially on the funds available to the club. Just in case anyone doesn’t know, we have the fifth highest income in Scottish football.

I love football and always will. Hibs are my team and always will be. Sometimes we are good, mostly we are gash. I like it better when we are good.

I’m finding this place becoming something negative in my life and it’s probably time to step away. I’m reluctant, as like reading people’s views, even the ones I don’t agree with. However, this isn’t a healthy place.

Sometimes in life you have to just appreciate what you have. Lennon, warts and all, is a man who can deliver what Hibs need. Failure to recognise this astonishes me.

Here’s Lucy!
05-11-2018, 04:43 PM
A day celebrating a burning of the effigy of a Catholic. What a wonderful, enlightened tradition!

A sparkling post.

:greengrin

Stuart93
05-11-2018, 04:45 PM
Was it you?

I’m not trying to stir **** all, there’s substance.

Funny when someone posts not so positive news they’re shot down immediately.

Speedway
05-11-2018, 04:46 PM

Harsh in the extreme

No ‘folk’ need to remember how big a club we are in the context of the league and country we’re in and that last season wasn’t the pinnacle of achievement but simply a restoration to at least where we should be all the time.

Franck Stanton
05-11-2018, 04:48 PM
Where does all this crap come from ? Lennon is on record in last few days stating he " won't let the bigoted idiots drive him out of Scottish football".
Think a few people need to take a chill pill.

WhileTheChief..
05-11-2018, 04:51 PM
^Excellent post.

Folk have short memories. We had over a decade of absolute dross and are a million miles away from those dark days.

Of course we will have the odd poor performance but I’ll settle for that over the odd good performance per season of yesteryear.

I wouldn’t change a thing about Lennon.

This place will be even worse when he does eventually leave in a few years and we go back and settle for some nice namby pamby manager again that does us hee-haw for us.

We’ll finish with more points this season than last.

silverhibee
05-11-2018, 05:00 PM
Really wouldn't surprise me SH, I really think he was close to it after last season's game at Tynecastle after seeing him close hand before and after that game - would be wrong to speculate admittedly but I think he does struggle at times to keep it together due to him being so competitive and not having the personnel to really drive forward his plans / desires. That isn't a dig at Hibs either, just that he wants the club driving forward at a pace that resources won't allow (in my opinion).

I posted a few days ago that he also needs to curb his emotions in the derbies at Tynie - it transmits to the players and they respond negatively. It can be very over-bearing and takes the focus off the football being played on the pitch.

I was just saying a few weeks ago how well Lennon was looking and that he seemed to be in a good place, I would still say the same right now but something has irked him, don't think it's the coin throwing incident, more to do with the abuse he is receiving from the stands and the backing he is not receiving from the club or the SPFL who runs the game, Caldwell and the ex police mans comments must have been a kick in the teeth to Lennon.

shetlandhibee
05-11-2018, 05:04 PM
:confused: IMO thread should be closed.. fake news(rumour)whatever you want to call it negative speculation after negative speculation?

truehibernian
05-11-2018, 05:13 PM
I was just saying a few weeks ago how well Lennon was looking and that he seemed to be in a good place, I would still say the same right now but something has irked him, don't think it's the coin throwing incident, more to do with the abuse he is receiving from the stands and the backing he is not receiving from the club or the SPFL who runs the game, Caldwell and the ex police mans comments must have been a kick in the teeth to Lennon.

Yep, fair comments bud :agree: his health and wellbeing are paramount, he's a top man and a top manager so would be a shame to lose him to the 'fishbowl' mentality that is Scottish football. I was at an event at EM a few months ago and he took time out of Saturday training to speak to those in attendance about mental health, etc. and he was really inspirational. That said, events like last week must affect him. The comments from Les Gray were to be expected, the man is a balloon - and he has previous for aiming criticism at Neil. His previous 'force' couldn't even police U17 Old Firm games properly :aok: anything he comes out with is not worth listening to :agree:

Shrekko
05-11-2018, 05:16 PM
No ‘folk’ need to remember how big a club we are in the context of the league and country we’re in and that last season wasn’t the pinnacle of achievement but simply a restoration to at least where we should be all the time.

A restoration? ... I’ve been going 40 years and seasons like last year are once in a blue moon.

Stuart93
05-11-2018, 05:19 PM
:confused: IMO thread should be closed.. fake news(rumour)whatever you want to call it negative speculation after negative speculation?

Why? Don’t get that view point. Just because a thread isn’t all flowery and nice/positive doesn’t mean it should be shut down

One Day Soon
05-11-2018, 05:20 PM
What is this absolute horse****? Get it to **** off the board.

Callum_62
05-11-2018, 05:20 PM

Maybe but turning that around and maintaining it from that a team that spent 3 years in the championship doesn’t happen overnight

But how many seasons in the last 20 have we been challenging for 2nd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s Lucy!
05-11-2018, 05:23 PM
Why? Don’t get that view point. Just because a thread isn’t all flowery and nice/positive doesn’t mean it should be shut down

Totally agree :aok:

PatHead
05-11-2018, 05:25 PM

Unfortunately I think there may be some truth in this. I hope he doesn't give in to the bigots or their supporters, and I will include the policeman and Caldwell in those people who are putting him under pressure.

hibbydog
05-11-2018, 05:27 PM

Think that’s fair. We’re a big club behind Celtic and Sevco, so we should be up there fighting for Europe. Lennon has got us back to where we should be.

cabbageandribs1875
05-11-2018, 05:35 PM

this :agree:

jacomo
Folk have very short memories

A poor start to the season would have been under Stubbs in Championship or under some of the post Collins numpties

Folk really need a reality check on where we come from.

And some folk just have a passive aggressive online persona I suppose?

I neither have a short memory, nor do I need a reality check.

The only point I was making was that we had a fairly slow start last season, and so a similar points haul at this stage is not marvellous.

I could write an essay explaining context (summary: Lennon has obviously done better in the League than Stubbs). Or I could just ask that you lighten up a bit, which would take a lot less time.

we are hibs
Do you only look at the negatives in every aspect of life or simply Hibs?

Hyndman scored against Hamilton. Probably has a few assists as well.

Mallan has more goals than Allan, Mcginn and McGeouch got combined last season

Has Slivka actually had a bad game this season? He's been in strange positions, often on the bench but he's played well when he has played and our best 2 wins score wise (Dundee and Hamilton) had him playing very well. Totally changed the Asteras game when he came on as well.

Boyle played upfront because our 2 main strikers were injured or suspended. How many players do you actually except Hibs to have? What if we signed another striker and no one ever got injured so he never played? That seems like a good use of wages.

You said you didn't know who I was the other day so how would you know what my outlook on hibs or life is? Has slivka had a good game this season? What did he do against Hamilton and asteras that merits him playing well? Lennon hasn't helped by playing him out of position but when he's been played central he hasn't done himself any favours. I don't think it's unreasonable to have 4 strikers in a squad when we play with 2 up.

My bad on the Hyndman One, read a stat on Twitter from that agent Scotland the other day that he hadn't scored and assisted yet. Still hasn't done enough and doesn't do enough when he finds space.

jacomo
05-11-2018, 05:38 PM
Hyndman has scored one and been unlucky not to score more imo
But he has yet to impose himself and make himself a guaranteed starter Good Technical player but balance in Midfield wasn't right on Saturday and no one took the game by the scruff of the neck and drove us forward

:agree:

Slivka should also do this more but seems unable to impose himself enough.

Ozyhibby
05-11-2018, 05:39 PM

I agree totally. I think since Petrie arrived we have only performed in line with our budget about 3 times in 19 years so people tend to think last years performance amazing. Fact is, it should happen much more frequently.
I totally back Lennon though.

Jones28
05-11-2018, 05:42 PM

Slivka should also do this more but seems unable to impose himself enough.

Difficult to do that from the bench.

we are hibs
05-11-2018, 05:44 PM
Hibs net is a very polarising place and thank the lord it isn’t particularly reflective of the wider Hibs support.

There are a group of folk who revel in poor results and can’t wait to be all over here stirring ****, then there are the folk who take themselves and football too seriously and jump straight on the bandwagon. There is no reasoning with or persuading these folk.

We are less than a third of the way through the season. There are no consistent trends or patterns to emerge which would give any certainty as to how the season will end up.

We all know we lost three fantastic players, guys who were instrumental in creating such a dynamic side for the last half of the previous season. Anyone with half a brain knows that they were going to be hard, if not impossible to replace, especially on the funds available to the club. Just in case anyone doesn’t know, we have the fifth highest income in Scottish football.

I love football and always will. Hibs are my team and always will be. Sometimes we are good, mostly we are gash. I like it better when we are good.

I’m finding this place becoming something negative in my life and it’s probably time to step away. I’m reluctant, as like reading people’s views, even the ones I don’t agree with. However, this isn’t a healthy place.

Sometimes in life you have to just appreciate what you have. Lennon, warts and all, is a man who can deliver what Hibs need. Failure to recognise this astonishes me.

We have been consistently inconsistent so far this season..thats the problem. It also wasn't impossible to replace them on "our budget" after all we signed all 3 within a lower budget. People said we couldn't replace Allan 3 years ago and signed Henderson and mcginn. It's not impossible at all and we could have done a better job in the summer. People's refusal to recognise that is more astonishing

Golden Bear
05-11-2018, 05:46 PM
Mallan, Slivka, Hyndman and Milligan looked the biz against Hamilton. More game time for these guys as a unit please!

truehibernian
05-11-2018, 05:49 PM
My overall take on this is that when you look at Neil's 'actions' and the punishments he has received from the authorities, and thereafter look at what the authorities themselves are doing (or not doing) in relation to the main crux - abuse (physical, written and verbal) and religious bigotry - then you have to see it from his point of view. Here's a man who gets bans for performing an 'aeroplane' gesture yet the main men in charge do NOTHING to back him regards the abuse he gets constantly from the stands. Yes, you could argue he could rein it in (and I have) - but think about proportionality - when has Regan, Doncaster, McRae, etc. ever come out with statements against the bile that comes from the stands ? Ever ?

Michael Stewart was bang on at the weekend - enough is enough - and the powers that be need to come out and make a firm stand against it. Funny how Morelos was hit by a coin, after giving it the big cheese after scoring (why not, he's scored a cracker), yet there is not the same media furore ? Shocking he was struck by a coin, idiot fan yet again, but no real media fuss ? Is sectarianism and coin throwing now the social norm as far as the authorities are concerned ? Seems to be the case ! Do we decide who gets press and who doesn't ?

Websites such as Rangers Media should be shut down for a start - it peddles bile, bigotry and is allowed to stay online - why ? Surely the police and their 'Focus' officers see this and have an opinion ? It goes way beyond freedom of speech or expression - it's racial and religious hatred - full stop.

Enough is enough, Lennon is correct on that aspect. And he is getting zero support from the media and the powers that be. If society is to change it's moral compass we need a strong set of individuals in charge of the game with no agenda. Won't happen in my lifetime I reckon. Money and 'power' = keeping the status quo for many of these imbeciles in charge.

JimboHibs
05-11-2018, 06:01 PM
Hyndman and Slivka, on the whole, have failed to deliver and contribute significantly to the Hibs cause.

Sporadic bits of clever play here and there from each player is simply not good enough if we are to sustain a serious challenge for a top 4 placing.

Slivka, in particular, has been here far longer than Hyndeman and still we are waiting for him to deliver regular match-winning performances and to play to a high level consistently.

For me, he is no more than a squad filler - a neat and tidy player who can do an adequate wee job coming off the bench for the last 10 minutes of a game we have in the bag.

Thought this thread was about Lennon resigning?

MWHIBBIES
05-11-2018, 06:21 PM
You said you didn't know who I was the other day so how would you know what my outlook on hibs or life is? Has slivka had a good game this season? What did he do against Hamilton and asteras that merits him playing well? Lennon hasn't helped by playing him out of position but when he's been played central he hasn't done himself any favours. I don't think it's unreasonable to have 4 strikers in a squad when we play with 2 up.

My bad on the Hyndman One, read a stat on Twitter from that agent Scotland the other day that he hadn't scored and assisted yet. Still hasn't done enough and doesn't do enough when he finds space.

Was a general question because your post was unbelievably negative.

''Has Slivka had a good game this season?''

Show me you either don't attend or don't actually pay attention.

Mibbes Aye
05-11-2018, 06:25 PM
I agree totally. I think since Petrie arrived we have only performed in line with our budget about 3 times in 19 years so people tend to think last years performance amazing. Fact is, it should happen much more frequently.

You've got to give up the Petrie hating C.

In the last twenty years we have played well and succeeded under McLeish, Mowbray, Collins, Stubbs and Lennon.

Our club has been in existence for nearly 150 years. We've won 20% of our trophies under the stewardship of RP, by your definition. That is success in relative terms.

We could do better, maybe should do better, but maybe expectations are out of kilter with reality?

And that then becomes a weapon to slate the ownership and management, made all the easier by throwaway vehicles like social media that create a narrative that isn't backed up by fact.

MWHIBBIES
05-11-2018, 06:36 PM

What about the person who employs Petrie? Why is he never blamed?

shetlandhibee
05-11-2018, 06:42 PM
no all I said was IMO its a pretty poor attempt at fake news rumour ?and shouldn't get the pages it does(who said I heard from somebody that heard this and that?cmon?thats what I think!!)hence close the thread quote...:agree::wink:

Stuart93
05-11-2018, 06:49 PM
no all I said was IMO its a pretty poor attempt at fake news rumour ?and shouldn't get the pages it does(who said I heard from somebody that heard this and that?cmon?thats what I think!!)hence close the thread quote...:agree::wink:

It’s not fake news though, there’s substance in it which is what more than one usually reliable posters have said.

ancient hibee
05-11-2018, 06:59 PM
Well can I say as a completely unreliable poster that I think it’s garbage.

PatHead
05-11-2018, 07:03 PM
It isn’t garbage but isn’t definitely happening. Hopefully he just needs a cuddle and to know the club will back him in fighting abuse.

adhibs
05-11-2018, 07:17 PM
It isn’t garbage but isn’t definitely happening. Hopefully he just needs a cuddle and to know the club will back him in fighting abuse.

I wouldn't count on that unfortunately. Nearly a week and another fixture has passed since tynecastle, looks like theve hoped to get away with usual brushing it under the carpet.

The_Horde
05-11-2018, 07:20 PM
Firstly, hopefully it's bull**** at this stage of the season..

Secondly though, i'd say he is replaceable. Yes league results at the end of last season were good but cup results have been iffy and our lack of wins in places like Perth, Aberdeen and Ross County have been poor with no signs of improvement either.

On top of this I trust Dempsters judgement 100%. If anyone will find the right person it's her.

Libby Hibby
05-11-2018, 07:21 PM
If he goes, he goes.

I like Neil Lennon, I genuinely feel he is the best manager we have ever had but something just isn’t quite right at present.

I would really like him to be at ER for years but if he feels that he is better off away, then so be it. It might turn out to be best for all parties.

Tyler Durden
05-11-2018, 07:34 PM
Was a general question because your post was unbelievably negative.

''Has Slivka had a good game this season?''

Show me you either don't attend or don't actually pay attention.

You said on the previous page that Slivka really changed the game when he came on against Asteras. Slivka actually started that game, played the full 90.

Shows me you either don’t attend or don’t actually pay attention.

Fun to pick up every petty little thing if it suits your argument isn’t it?

J-C
05-11-2018, 07:38 PM
Mallan, Slivka, Hyndman and Milligan looked the biz against Hamilton. More game time for these guys as a unit please!

Unfortunately they didn't do it against Celtic, Hearts and St Johnstone, most of the top 6 teams will score a few against Hamilton, they were fairly poor against Celtic, dragged down to Hearts levels and looked decidedly average on saturday.

Fergos
05-11-2018, 07:39 PM

100%.

NL has got us back to where we belong pretty quickly, good work in doing so.

Our next challenge as a club, and that's everybody not just NL, is to push on and make sure we perform consistently in the top 4 at the very least in the top league, with regular finals into the bargain in the cups.

And that's where NLs bad loser / ambition may kick in......if we fail to achieve what we all aspire to he may well move on. However worth pointing out that he's not alone in carrying the can IF we don't achieve something like what's highlighted above. Because, as Speedway observes, that's where we should be.

GGTTH.

Scotty Leither
05-11-2018, 07:39 PM

Yup absolutely spot on...and these words or something similar to them should be pinned up in the dressing room, at East Mains, and in the Boardroom at Easter Road.

Oddly enough and on a thread about our manager, I think he realises that too and shares the frustration of a lot of us that European qualification should be the smallest the bar is set at Hibernian every year.

MWHIBBIES
05-11-2018, 07:41 PM
You said on the previous page that Slivka really changed the game when he came on against Asteras. Slivka actually started that game, played the full 90.

Shows me you either don’t attend or don’t actually pay attention.

Fun to pick up every petty little thing if it suits your argument isn’t it?That right. He moved into his proper position 2nd half. Was like a new player.

I simply forgot. probably because I attend just about every game.

Anyone saying Slivka hasn't had a good game this season hasn't been watching Hibs.

matty_f
05-11-2018, 07:43 PM
Yup absolutely spot on...and these words or something similar to them should be pinned up in the dressing room, at East Mains, and in the Boardroom at Easter Road.

Oddly enough and on a thread about our manager, I think he realises that too and shares the frustration of a lot of us that European qualification should be the smallest the bar is set at Hibernian every year.

That's why it's refreshing to hear Dempster consistently say that European football is the target.

Scotty Leither
05-11-2018, 07:46 PM

That's why it's refreshing to hear Dempster consistently say that European football is the target.

Yes it is...and something you've never heard Petrie say during his twenty year tenure, largely presiding over mediocrity during that time.

Hi Heid Yin
05-11-2018, 07:46 PM
Thought this thread was about Lennon resigning?

Good point. I was simply responding to comments on these two players - which I guess was a thread hijack.
I will now remove said post as it too is a highjack! lol

Tyler Durden
05-11-2018, 07:47 PM
That right. He moved into his proper position 2nd half. Was like a new player.

I simply forgot. probably because I attend just about every game.

Anyone saying Slivka hasn't had a good game this season hasn't been watching Hibs.

I would agree but we do need to see it more, performances like the Derby are frustrating when he's clearly capable of much more.

Eyrie
05-11-2018, 07:48 PM
Dating back to 1969/70, our average league position is seventh and our average in both cups is the last sixteen which makes last season better than average.

MWHIBBIES
05-11-2018, 07:53 PM
I would agree but we do need to see it more, performances like the Derby are frustrating when he's clearly capable of much more.

Why is he singled out in games where no one played well? 22 players played in the derby, none of them done anything really.

BoomtownHibees
05-11-2018, 08:00 PM
Firstly, hopefully it's bull**** at this stage of the season..

Secondly though, i'd say he is replaceable. Yes league results at the end of last season were good but cup results have been iffy and our lack of wins in places like Perth, Aberdeen and Ross County have been poor with no signs of improvement either.

On top of this I trust Dempsters judgement 100%. If anyone will find the right person it's her.

I give you Perth and Aberdeen but Ross County? We have played them away from home in the league twice with Lennon in charge, 1 win and 1 draw. We drew the League Cup tie up there as well but lost the bonus point on penalties

Ozyhibby
05-11-2018, 08:04 PM
Dating back to 1969/70, our average league position is seventh and our average in both cups is the last sixteen which makes last season better than average.

Our budget isn’t the 7th biggest though. Success for me is performing at least in line with our budget each year.

The_Horde
05-11-2018, 08:05 PM
I give you Perth and Aberdeen but Ross County? We have played them away from home in the league twice with Lennon in charge, 1 win and 1 draw. We drew the League Cup tie up there as well but lost the bonus point on penalties

1 out of 3 against the side who finished bottom last season is not good.

Billy Whizz
05-11-2018, 08:06 PM
Our budget isn’t the 7th biggest though. Success for me is performing at least in line with our budget each year.

Under achieved for years and years

BoomtownHibees
05-11-2018, 08:19 PM
1 out of 3 against the side who finished bottom last season is not good.

Unbeaten 😉

Carheenlea
05-11-2018, 08:25 PM
I`d like to see the banner in support of Neil Lennon being displayed at Pittodrie on Friday night.

Lancs Harp
05-11-2018, 08:27 PM
I`d like to see the banner in support of Neil Lennon being displayed at Pittodrie on Friday night.

I'd like to see the lads showing their support by winning 3-0 :wink:

Carheenlea
05-11-2018, 08:38 PM
I'd like to see the lads showing their support by winning 3-0 :wink:

Yes, that would do nicely also

:flag:

leither17
05-11-2018, 08:52 PM

What aren’t we allowed to talk about on here?

JimBHibees
05-11-2018, 09:14 PM
My overall take on this is that when you look at Neil's 'actions' and the punishments he has received from the authorities, and thereafter look at what the authorities themselves are doing (or not doing) in relation to the main crux - abuse (physical, written and verbal) and religious bigotry - then you have to see it from his point of view. Here's a man who gets bans for performing an 'aeroplane' gesture yet the main men in charge do NOTHING to back him regards the abuse he gets constantly from the stands. Yes, you could argue he could rein it in (and I have) - but think about proportionality - when has Regan, Doncaster, McRae, etc. ever come out with statements against the bile that comes from the stands ? Ever ?

Michael Stewart was bang on at the weekend - enough is enough - and the powers that be need to come out and make a firm stand against it. Funny how Morelos was hit by a coin, after giving it the big cheese after scoring (why not, he's scored a cracker), yet there is not the same media furore ? Shocking he was struck by a coin, idiot fan yet again, but no real media fuss ? Is sectarianism and coin throwing now the social norm as far as the authorities are concerned ? Seems to be the case ! Do we decide who gets press and who doesn't ?

Websites such as Rangers Media should be shut down for a start - it peddles bile, bigotry and is allowed to stay online - why ? Surely the police and their 'Focus' officers see this and have an opinion ? It goes way beyond freedom of speech or expression - it's racial and religious hatred - full stop.

Enough is enough, Lennon is correct on that aspect. And he is getting zero support from the media and the powers that be. If society is to change it's moral compass we need a strong set of individuals in charge of the game with no agenda. Won't happen in my lifetime I reckon. Money and 'power' = keeping the status quo for many of these imbeciles in charge.

Great post agree with every word. Shameful lack of leadership by football authorities.

Eyrie
05-11-2018, 09:34 PM

I think most people would agree with you, but the fact is that we are perennial underachievers.

The only consolation is that it makes the European qualifications and cup wins even sweeter when they do eventually happen.

silverhibee
05-11-2018, 10:05 PM
What aren’t we allowed to talk about on here?

Admins say for legal reasons.

SMAXXA
05-11-2018, 10:09 PM
I find this all a bit bizarre and a wee bit unsettling. I don’t have a great feeling that he will be here for long, hope I’m wrong.

Am I reading his right that something’s been said after the game and we aren’t allowed to post it on here those that know what it was that was said or caveat allegedly said?

Gloucester Hibs
05-11-2018, 10:29 PM
This has got a bit of the “Mixu’s gone” feeling to it (albeit he did eventually go).

If he were to go, don’t think he owes us anything, first two seasons he’s either matched or exceeded expectations. Also must be our longest serving manager since... GJP?

Ronniekirk
05-11-2018, 10:30 PM
I find this all a bit bizarre and a wee bit unsettling. I don’t have a great feeling that he will be here for long, hope I’m wrong.

Am I reading his right that something’s been said after the game and we aren’t allowed to post it on here those that know what it was that was said or caveat allegedly said?

Fridays Performance by the Team will go a long way to indicating if things have. been said in the dressing room that have unsettled the unity which has been excellent of late
Am sureennon wouldn't of been happy as I know I wasnt as it's the first game in ages that I thought this is such a poor prrformance I wouldn't want this repeated against Aberdeen or we would get beat
Am sure he probably let rip and said things in the heat of the moment given the Derby Aftermath
But he clearly wasn't happy in lead up to the game and am sure he will reflect on things
But I expect him to be in in the Dugout at Pittodtie Masterminding a Wiin

superfurryhibby
05-11-2018, 11:11 PM

But it’s been on Twatter?

Ps: nowt to do you with you, but aversge league position these past 48 years is 7th......some real delusional entitled folks on here, an£ some of them are old enough to know better

Stuart93
05-11-2018, 11:15 PM
Let’s hope if lennon has went into the dressing room on Saturday after the game and told the players he’s off that they don’t decide to down tools

silverhibee
06-11-2018, 12:30 AM
We're watching you.

Neil Donaster had urged clubs to install cctv to root out the morons throwing coins and other objects, sweep sweep sweep, no mention of the morons abusing Lennon, and he can hear that loud and clear when he watches games, plonker so he is.

Story in the sun.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-11-2018, 03:14 AM
Under achieved for years and years

But we’re on an upward trajectory right? So let’s not weight the future down with what’s gone in the past since we can’t change what’s gone.

Hibbyradge
06-11-2018, 05:08 AM
Yes it is...and something you've never heard Petrie say during his twenty year tenure, largely presiding over mediocrity during that time.

That's not true.

Petrie often said that Hibs aim was to be challenging at the top of the league and for European qualification.

BSEJVT
06-11-2018, 05:22 AM
And some folk just have a passive aggressive online persona I suppose?

I neither have a short memory, nor do I need a reality check.

The only point I was making was that we had a fairly slow start last season, and so a similar points haul at this stage is not marvellous.

I could write an essay explaining context (summary: Lennon has obviously done better in the League than Stubbs). Or I could just ask that you lighten up a bit, which would take a lot less time.

What is this passive aggressive nonsense I see posted on hear every other week?

I am educated to degree standard and it means absolutely nothing to me.

Is this the latest buzzword for would be academics or would be psycho analysts?

You made a point I disagreed with without animosity in my reply.

If that makes me passive, aggressive or a mixture of both or whatever then I am guilty as charged.

It also wont stop me responding to posts I disagree with and if it did there would be no point in Hibs Net.

To answer your point though it is neither marvellous nor tragic and with respect if any of us need to lighten up you should be looking closer to home.

oldbutdim
06-11-2018, 08:23 AM

That's a 'why' not a 'what'..................

:confused:

I'm still in the dark as to what we can't talk about.

What if I mention it inadvertantly?
Is that me in soapy bubble?

Someone clarify for me please. I just KNOW I'm going to blurt something actionable.

SON OF PADDY
06-11-2018, 08:47 AM
That seems harsh. The positives which Lennon has brought to Hibs during his time as manager steamroller any negatives and I would be very disappointed if there's any truth in this latest rumour. If there IS any truth in it and it comes down to the fact he feels he's had enough of the the abuse he's been getting ever since he's played and managed in Scotland then he has my every sympathy and my 100% support. His health issues are well documented and you could see why putting himself in the front line week in week out would get to be too much for anyone, even someone with a tough a skin as Lennon.

I would hate to lose Lenny
But I totally agree with your post.

Callum_62
06-11-2018, 10:44 AM
That's a 'why' not a 'what'..................

:confused:

I'm still in the dark as to what we can't talk about.

What if I mention it inadvertantly?
Is that me in soapy bubble?

Someone clarify for me please. I just KNOW I'm going to blurt something actionable.

Beats me - seems absolutely mental

Guy posts something on public social media platform but we cant utter it here?

Unless the admins thought it might decend into places that they cant allow

CropleyWasGod
06-11-2018, 10:51 AM
Beats me - seems absolutely mental

Guy posts something on public social media platform but we cant utter it here?

Unless the admins thought it might decend into places that they cant allow

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIt's probably less about the rumour itself, and more about the source.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I'm Spartacus
06-11-2018, 10:51 AM
Has he been taking or at training???

I love him, but I really hope he's not holding senior staff to ransom over the recent events.

Callum_62
06-11-2018, 10:52 AM
It's probably less about the rumour itself, and more about the source.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

The source probably means absolutely nothing to alot of folk on here- i still dont know who they are!

MrRobot
06-11-2018, 11:39 AM
Anybody able to send a link to the source of what we can’t talk about?

vahibbie
06-11-2018, 12:33 PM
Apparently not.

Doesn't look like any media sources are covering this. Seems more and more unlikely👍

oldbutdim
06-11-2018, 01:21 PM

I found it.

:greengrin

Stokesy's on fire
06-11-2018, 02:23 PM
If Lennon really was leaving we would know by now. The media would have been all over it in the same way as they were when Lennon didn't appear at training at the end of last season.

Callum_62
06-11-2018, 02:33 PM
Im thinking about the source of this rumour - is that allowed?

matty_f
06-11-2018, 02:35 PM
Im thinking about the source of this rumour - is that allowed?

so long as you don't type "I think that it's...." :greengrin

Hermit Crab
06-11-2018, 02:46 PM
6 pages about a rumour started on kickback

green day
06-11-2018, 03:05 PM
6 pages about a rumour started on kickback

If you said kickboxing back you would have been closer:greengrin

Ozyhibby
06-11-2018, 03:18 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181106/e3d9bf889af0a1e3a47bb24e8ed98849.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181106/9076de47b689aa9bbfbcdab137c5d6b8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181106/29be538d2470ea7ef2f184638c61280f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181106/78206e3ab54674515c31967beaa82dba.jpg

JeMeSouviens
06-11-2018, 03:23 PM
Can anybody offer some "subtle" clues for those of us who have been busy at work and not keeping up (I know, I know, but there's a first time for everything ... :wink:)?

CropleyWasGod
06-11-2018, 03:26 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181106/e3d9bf889af0a1e3a47bb24e8ed98849.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181106/9076de47b689aa9bbfbcdab137c5d6b8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181106/29be538d2470ea7ef2f184638c61280f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181106/78206e3ab54674515c31967beaa82dba.jpg

Bella Caledonia's Tweet :greengrin

ancient hibee
06-11-2018, 03:35 PM
Bella Caledonia's Tweet :greengrin

Is a load of tosh.BBC won’t interview qRangers.

Weegreenman
06-11-2018, 04:58 PM
Undermines the club and everything we are striving to achieve if the managers position has a question mark hovering over it. I’m not sure if Lennon created this uncertainty this time but he certainly did last season. I’m thinking of it in terms of future players who might not want to come to a club with such uncertainty, players who are already at the club might also suffer. Supporters buying tickets/ season tickets can suffer. All this needs put to bed by either Lenny or someone at the club because all this negativity isn’t good at all. A win on Friday evening would give everyone at the club a much needed lift. :flag:

cabbageandribs1875
06-11-2018, 05:36 PM
aww does Gerrard not want to answer questions on why he took the easiest option for his first gig, and it just also happens to be the most vile sectarian institution in Britain bar none

i do like the comment about him 'slipping' though...he done plenty of that in his playing days :agree:

Springbank
06-11-2018, 07:28 PM
Undermines the club and everything we are striving to achieve if the managers position has a question mark hovering over it. I’m not sure if Lennon created this uncertainty this time but he certainly did last season. I’m thinking of it in terms of future players who might not want to come to a club with such uncertainty, players who are already at the club might also suffer. Supporters buying tickets/ season tickets can suffer. All this needs put to bed by either Lenny or someone at the club because all this negativity isn’t good at all. A win on Friday evening would give everyone at the club a much needed lift. :flag:

We could do with milligan at défensive mid, for a start.
mallan in front of him.
Porteous at centre half.
Boyle on the right.
horgan wide left.
then either flo/Jamie Mac up top
or Flo with hyndman just off.

the line up v Celtic, hearts and saints wasnt at the races.

Iain G
06-11-2018, 09:15 PM
We could do with milligan at défensive mid, for a start.
mallan in front of him.
Porteous at centre half.
Boyle on the right.
horgan wide left.
then either flo/Jamie Mac up top
or Flo with hyndman just off.

the line up v Celtic, hearts and saints wasnt at the races.

We need Flo and MacLaren up front, the problem is the imbalance on getting the defence and midfield right to support them, do we go with wing backs or wingers? Gray wide right or Boyle?

For me we need to find our best team and stabilise things a bit. Lennon has been over tinkering for the sake of it at times.

hibsdaft
06-11-2018, 09:55 PM

the ONE NEIL LENNON banner should be at every game from now on.

(easy to say when it's not me lugging it around mind)

Iain G
07-11-2018, 06:12 AM
Are you allowed to say what level of fitness each player in the squad is currently operating at just now? A percentage off peak maybe?

Yes but I have been sworn to secrecy...

But in all seriousness, when we did have a solid base there we were winning games, tinkering for the sake of it, dropping Milligan back into defence for example, has not helped keep that settled team, which is important especially when we have an all new midfield.