PDA

View Full Version : Lanzarote for Aberdeen game

ac1
05-11-2018, 06:40 AM
In Lanzarote for the Aberdeen game. Anyone know what pubs are likely to show it? In Matagorda but can walk\taxi to places nearby. Think the Sheffield derby is on at the same time. Heard there is a Rangers pub in Lanzarote but not going there!

hibbie02
05-11-2018, 09:33 AM
In Lanzarote for the Aberdeen game. Anyone know what pubs are likely to show it? In Matagorda but can walk\taxi to places nearby. Think the Sheffield derby is on at the same time. Heard there is a Rangers pub in Lanzarote but not going there!

I’m in Costa Teguise and looking too. There is a Rangers pub here called Bluebells or something. Crappiest quiet pub in town. Gives me hives walking past it. Not sure I’ll find the game round here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bostonhibby
05-11-2018, 10:12 AM
I’m in Costa Teguise and looking too. There is a Rangers pub here called Bluebells or something. Crappiest quiet pub in town. Gives me hives walking past it. Not sure I’ll find the game round here.

:agree: Unless you want an evening looking at stone faced huns in their ill fitting tops steer well clear.

Hennesseys Irish bar on the sea front might well show it, Scottish lassie working there was very helpful when we were down - if not there's a few places that were showing football further along to the left of Hennesseys.

jst1875
05-11-2018, 01:09 PM

10 minute walk towards puerto del carmen and you'll find loads of pubs will have it, lot of pubs with multiple screens

ac1
05-11-2018, 01:31 PM
Cheer for replies! Yeah just took a walk along the beachfront and there is lots of Irish bars so hoping one of them will show it! Hibbie02 let me know if you find anywhere

HIBERNIAN 1875
05-11-2018, 01:33 PM

Try the Shamrock Irish Pub. I was in Costa Teguise in September and they were showing a lot of games then (they definitely have BT Sport as they showed a Celtic Europa League game on it when I was in).

The Dolphin Inn on the seafront is another cracking bar that will show multiple matches. Owner is a really nice guy (Birmingham City fan) and will put it on for you if you ask.

ac1
09-11-2018, 05:09 PM
Further to this I just worked out if you have BT Sports at home on your tv then download the BT Sport app on your phone and you can watch the game on your mobile. For some reason I thought you would not be able to view it outside the UK but it’s working on my phone with a good picture. Not like watching in the pub obviously but if you are desperate to watch the game!

Also I am watching it on the hotel WiFi with my phone mobile data turned off - you might get charged a fortune from your mobile provider if not using WiFi

hibbie02
09-11-2018, 07:39 PM
Try the Shamrock Irish Pub. I was in Costa Teguise in September and they were showing a lot of games then (they definitely have BT Sport as they showed a Celtic Europa League game on it when I was in).

The Dolphin Inn on the seafront is another cracking bar that will show multiple matches. Owner is a really nice guy (Birmingham City fan) and will put it on for you if you ask.

Cheers. The Dolphin is about 30 yards away! [emoji41]