PDA

View Full Version : Porteous

GGTTH07
04-11-2018, 04:49 PM
Why’s he been bombed?! Not put a foot wrong, move him back in and Milligan back to the middle!

Golden Bear
04-11-2018, 04:53 PM
Why’s he been bombed?! Not put a foot wrong, move him back in and Milligan back to the middle!

A question we've all been asking but only one man will know the answer.

Wilson
04-11-2018, 04:56 PM
A question we've all been asking but only one man will know the answer.

Mark Labbett?

theonlywayisup
04-11-2018, 04:58 PM
I've always wondered why we don't have one thread per player and that can grow and mature over time.

Instead we get the twice and sometimes thrice weekly Porteous threads.

We have numerous "he's gonna be mega" threads. Now it's the "why is he dropped" threads.

I recall reading the Aston Villa forum and they had the one Alan Hutton thread that started before he signed. I feel that's better than having multiple threads.

Anyway back to the OP question, someone mentioned he's not fully match fit.

SquashedFrogg
04-11-2018, 05:02 PM

Badly bruised foot so Lennon resting and looking after him.

People looking for things that don't exsist.

Danderhall Hibs
04-11-2018, 05:07 PM
I wondered if he was just taking him out the team for a bit after he’s played a lot of football.

It’s good for a youngster to come in and go back out for a bit - means they don’t burn out and pick up niggly injuries cos their body hasn’t developed yet (look at cochrane last season).

Also means he’s out the team before he makes a mistake or 2 and folk get on his case.

Dalianwanda
04-11-2018, 05:08 PM
I've always wondered why we don't have one thread per player and that can grow and mature over time.

We have numerous "he's gonna be mega" threads. Now it's the "why is he dropped" threads.

I recall reading the Aston Villa forum and they had the one Alan Hutton thread that started before he signed. I feel that's better than having multiple threads.

Yeah I agree with this, as well as one for streams & another for pubs to watch the games on telly around the world 😎 Perhaps he’s just being rested to protect him across a long season.

Jones28
04-11-2018, 05:26 PM
Was he not dropped from the Scotland team as he had bruising or something?

judas
04-11-2018, 05:28 PM

That’s a good idea. Admins - can we have a players board?

hibs#1
04-11-2018, 05:47 PM
I'm guessing it's just a case of looking out for him long term, alot of young players can either fizzle out very easily if they get too much too soon or get injuries that hamper them for the rest of their careers. Sensible management in my opinion.

Golden Bear
04-11-2018, 05:59 PM
I'm guessing it's just a case of looking out for him long term, alot of young players can either fizzle out very easily if they get too much too soon or get injuries that hamper them for the rest of their careers. Sensible management in my opinion.

A wee sentence explaining the situation in the pre match press bulletin would help to keep us informed.

PatHead
04-11-2018, 06:03 PM
A wee sentence explaining the situation in the pre match press bulletin would help to keep us informed.

Why?

Do we have to do that for everyone that is not playing? The opposition would know he has a bruised foot and if he comes off the bench he will be targeted.

Golden Bear
04-11-2018, 06:13 PM
Why?

Do we have to do that for everyone that is not playing? The opposition would know he has a bruised foot and if he comes off the bench he will be targeted.

He's had a bruised foot for weeks but is fit enough for the bench?

PatHead
04-11-2018, 06:39 PM

The point I am making is that it may or may not be an injured foot or any injury. It may be that he is looking tired in training but why should we give opponents an advantage by letting them know what is going on.

Also do we have a statement for Paul Hanlon or only for selected players?

hfc rd
04-11-2018, 07:02 PM

Totally agree. They have this over on RedCafe. One thread per player than half a dozen on the same player.

In regards to the OP question, I agree that I find it odd that he has been dropped and we’ve moved Milligan there who was playing excellently in midfield before being switched positions. Only Lennon will know the answer to that question.

blackpoolhibs
04-11-2018, 07:27 PM

Is that the reason he's not playing? :confused:

theonlywayisup
04-11-2018, 07:34 PM
Totally agree. They have this over on RedCafe. One thread per player than half a dozen on the same player.

In regards to the OP question, I agree that I find it odd that he has been dropped and we’ve moved Milligan there who was playing excellently in midfield before being switched positions. Only Lennon will know the answer to that question.

Thanks for agreeing - on the first page we've Hanlon, Milligan, Agyepong and David Gray threads which are re-runs of threads from previous days - different posters asking the same questions or slight variations of the same question. Would be much better to merge them into one.

SChibs
04-11-2018, 07:37 PM
Is that the reason he's not playing? :confused:

If it's just bruising then playing probably wouldn't make it worse he'd just have to play through pain. Good to have on the bench though in case a player gets sent off/ injured etc...