PDA

View Full Version : Arrests

elevengoats
04-11-2018, 12:09 PM
Looks like police has reacted to some of the recent incidents near Murrayfield and at Tynecastle.

https://image.ibb.co/kWgv3L/Arrests.png

Billy Whizz
04-11-2018, 12:11 PM
Have they charged anyone over the coin thrown at Lennon?

staunchhibby
04-11-2018, 12:15 PM
Take them to court and be refused bail.Put them in custody for the full 110 days.Then bring them to trial.Gets them out of the road.

BoomtownHibees
04-11-2018, 12:16 PM
Have they charged anyone over the coin thrown at Lennon?

The bottom line of that statement tells you your answer

Billy Whizz
04-11-2018, 12:18 PM
The bottom line of that statement tells you your answer

You’d have throught that was the easiest one. Loads of people beside him/her

DaveF
04-11-2018, 12:19 PM
Assault on the keeper. Don't make me laugh.

James310
04-11-2018, 12:23 PM
The 'assault' on the keeper will be an interesting one, from all the camera angles it was not 100% clear what happened, certainly not enough force to go down the way he did. Any reasonable doubt and it's not guilty.

DaveF
04-11-2018, 12:25 PM
The 'assault' on the keeper will be an interesting one, from all the camera angles it was not 100% clear what happened, certainly not enough force to go down the way he did. Any reasonable doubt and it's not guilty.

Unless the judge is a ST holder at Hearts.

CropleyWasGod
The 'assault' on the keeper will be an interesting one, from all the camera angles it was not 100% clear what happened, certainly not enough force to go down the way he did. Any reasonable doubt and it's not guilty.There are plenty witnesses, to whom it will be clear.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Nakedmanoncrack

Would certainly think it will be a not guilty plea.

Billy Whizz
04-11-2018, 12:29 PM
There are plenty witnesses, to whom it will be clear.

Absolutely

BILLYHIBS
04-11-2018, 12:31 PM
They should charge the Hearts goalie for wasting Police time tap on the shoulder at worst

DaveF
04-11-2018, 12:34 PM

In both camps I assume so most probably a waste of police time. At least I hope so anyway.

Dancehibs
04-11-2018, 12:34 PM

There’s hardly if any witnesses. Hopefully get a not guilty.

Itsnoteasy
04-11-2018, 12:35 PM
26 year old from Ratho handed himself into police. Don't want to name him, but I'm sure the press will be all over it & name him for me.

Don't know what they will charge him with, but he has caused her to have a broken cheekbone & psychological damage.
Can't wait to sit in the dock to see how broken he is.

Hi Heid Yin
04-11-2018, 12:37 PM
Take them to court and be refused bail.Put them in custody for the full 110 days.Then bring them to trial.Gets them out of the road.

As much as I too would like to see them locked up for 110 days, the courts will look upon it from a financial point of view ( the sheer cost to the taxpayer) and do anything but lock them up.
A wee slap on the wrist and the softest (and cheapest) penalty will be the order of the day - eventually.

wookie70
04-11-2018, 12:41 PM
It will be interesting to see where this goes. Will it be the full no stone upturned Cup Final policing efforts on behalf of Her Majesty's football team or quickly brushed under the carpet as I expect. There were hundreds of coins thrown at the Derby by 10s(at least) of perpetrators.

If the Police are not policing at the time then they must do so after the event using technology. If that technology is insufficient then they have to change their plan and try and stop crimes at source before someone suffers serious injury right under their noses. Investigations should be undertaken for coin and punch throwers regardless if their actions hurt anyone or made contact. No excuses about Police time as there were plenty there on the night that could have nip the trouble at the start or could be found to investigate the Cup Final.

Ringothedog
04-11-2018, 12:43 PM

Ah the good old guilty until proven innocent process, great idea ...not

CropleyWasGod
04-11-2018, 12:50 PM
There’s hardly if any witnesses. Hopefully get a not guilty.Supporters, stewards, press photographers, perhaps some subs. Plenty there to get a reasonable account of what happened.

Hedlund12
04-11-2018, 12:51 PM

Agree with some of this statement... I was in the front row at Tynecastle about 10 people along from the incident. I couldnt believe the reaction of Zlámal but regardless of his pantomime amateur dramatics...Hibs fan(s) shouldn't have made any contact with him whatsover.

BoomtownHibees
04-11-2018, 12:51 PM
You’d have throught that was the easiest one. Loads of people beside him/her

With the amount of stuff thrown it may be more difficult to establish which one actually hit NL

Billy Whizz
04-11-2018, 12:52 PM
Supporters, stewards, press photographers, perhaps some subs. Plenty there to get a reasonable account of what happened.

And the goalies side of it as well

Skol
04-11-2018, 12:53 PM
This is good progress in stamping this out.

Depending on the line of work these guys are in, it could have serious long term implications for them that they will regret for a long time that moment of madness at a game of football.

While not wishing that on anyone, seeing this happen to mates/acquaintances might just make some think twice before acting

heid the baw
04-11-2018, 12:53 PM

If the guy handed himself in he is hardly going to get a full commital lie down. The legal experts on here are unbelievable.

DaveF
04-11-2018, 12:54 PM
Supporters, stewards, press photographers, perhaps some subs. Plenty there to get a reasonable account of what happened.

They could just askeep Jimmy Dunne and it's case closed because he saw it all clear as day didn't he. Case closed, lock him up.

It's a waste of time.

I must have been the victim of assault 100 times or more playing 5 a sides if that's what qualilies as assault.

Dancehibs
04-11-2018, 12:56 PM

Rubbish. Hardly any body seen it. People Standing next to it didn’t even seen . Tv evidence isn’t even clear. No self respecting hibs fan would testify against him.

not guilt verdict. Also, plenty hibs fans will testify he didn’t assault anyone

CropleyWasGod
04-11-2018, 12:58 PM
Rubbish. Hardly any body seen it. People Standing next to it didn’t even seen . Tv evidence isn’t even clear. No self respecting hibs fan would testify against him.

not guilt verdictHow do you know that hardly anybody saw it?

Would it not be in his interests if people who did see it, and who thought there was no contact, gave evidence as such?

DaveF
04-11-2018, 01:00 PM
Didn't the guy who attacked Lennon at Tyne castle when he was celtc manager get off with it? Now that was assault.

CropleyWasGod
04-11-2018, 01:01 PM
Didn't the guy who attacked Lennon at Tyne castle when he was celtc manager get off with it? Now that was assault.That was because the PF screwed up. They charged him with religiously aggravated offences, not assault. Their case for that didn't stand up in Court.

H18 SFR
04-11-2018, 01:02 PM
If the guy handed himself in he is hardly going to get a full commital lie down. The legal experts on here are unbelievable.

If he handed himself in he will likely have been immediately realised with an undertaking to appear at a later date. He might never see the inside of a court as the footage is not supporting the theory of a punch being thrown.

Dancehibs
04-11-2018, 01:04 PM
How do you know that hardly anybody saw it?

Would it not be in his interests if people who did see it, and who thought there was no contact, gave evidence as such?

How did you know loads did see it ? He wasn’t assaulted. You sound like you want a hibs fan done. Pathetic attitude

MWHIBBIES
04-11-2018, 01:06 PM
How did you know loads did see it ? He wasn’t assaulted. You sound like you want a hibs fan done. Pathetic attitude

I want whoever threw a punch at the goalie done, regardless if it connected fully or not. He is a stain on our support.

Billy Whizz
04-11-2018, 01:07 PM

I’m not sure he’s saying what you’re thinking

matty_f
04-11-2018, 01:08 PM
That was because the PF screwed up. They charged him with religiously aggravated offences, not assault. Their case for that didn't stand up in Court.

:agree: very convenient, eh?

CropleyWasGod
04-11-2018, 01:09 PM
How did you know loads did see it ? He wasn’t assaulted. You sound like you want a hibs fan done. Pathetic attitudeThe TV coverage suggested that there were plenty witnesses. But you seem positive that hardly anyone saw it. I'm curious as to how you come to that conclusion .

As for my "wanting a Hibs fan done", I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion either. Witnesses can be to his benefit as well, as I said.

DaveF
04-11-2018, 01:10 PM
I want whoever threw a punch at the goalie done, regardless if it connected fully or not. He is a stain on our support.

Well they will need to find someone who threw a punch as that certainly wasn't one.

Chuck Rhoades
04-11-2018, 01:11 PM

Have a word FFS that stain probably follows Hibs more than you. Boys chucked his arm out. Keepers has made a meal of it. Calling for a charge, which equals a job loss and potential life ruined is OTT.

SMAXXA
04-11-2018, 01:13 PM
Have a word FFS that stain probably follows Hibs more than you. Boys chucked his arm out. Keepers has made a meal of it. Calling for a charge, which equals a job loss and potential life ruined is OTT.

Has he not already had a football banning order the lad?

LustForLeith
04-11-2018, 01:14 PM
Wasn’t the guy from Ratho named all over Facebook so had no other option than to hand himself in?

CMurdoch
04-11-2018, 01:16 PM
26 year old from Ratho handed himself into police. Don't want to name him, but I'm sure the press will be all over it & name him for me.

Don't know what they will charge him with, but he has caused her to have a broken cheekbone & psychological damage.

That's brilliant Big A.
Not sure of definition of serious assault but it was a reckless act with complete disregard for the consequences of his actions.
It is a much worse incident than any of the others that have been given vast media coverage in the last week.
Anyone who throws a bottle at folk should get the tin pail. Could easily have killed your Auntie.
Coins and gentle punch at the match - probably not.
Hope you give him the stare and catch his eye in court. When he sees the size of you he will **** himself.

Chuck Rhoades
04-11-2018, 01:16 PM
Has he not already had a football banning order the lad?

No idea?

Dancehibs
04-11-2018, 01:18 PM
The TV coverage suggested that there were plenty witnesses. But you seem positive that hardly anyone saw it. I'm curious as to how you come to that conclusion .

As for my "wanting a Hibs fan done", I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion either. Witnesses can be to his benefit as well, as I said.

Tv suggested lots if witnesses... I’m suggesting you talk nonsense.

CMurdoch
04-11-2018, 01:19 PM

Probably best he doesn't follow us then.
Can come back when he grows up a bit.

Mibbes Aye
04-11-2018, 01:20 PM
Times like this you realise how much either side could have done with having Lee Wallace on the pitch.

Dancehibs
04-11-2018, 01:23 PM
I think you are a stain on our club with your offensive post. Threw a punch ... fake news

Tom Hart RIP
04-11-2018, 01:24 PM
Was the guy from Ratho charged with the bottle throwing incident?

tamig
04-11-2018, 01:24 PM
If he handed himself in he will likely have been immediately realised with an undertaking to appear at a later date. He might never see the inside of a court as the footage is not supporting the theory of a punch being thrown.

Think he was referring to the erse who threw the bottle at the lady.

tamig
04-11-2018, 01:25 PM

Yes hes the 26 year old mentioned in the police statement.

CMurdoch
04-11-2018, 01:26 PM

Yes :agree:

CropleyWasGod
04-11-2018, 01:27 PM
Tv suggested lots if witnesses... I’m suggesting you talk nonsense.Again, how so? [emoji16]

lucky
04-11-2018, 01:28 PM

Really, the Hibs fan never did much and certainly does not deserve to be locked up.

DaveF
04-11-2018, 01:33 PM
How Si what ? I think you talk nonsense. Stick to being a geek being a wannabe expert on accounts.

Instead of thinking you are an expert on folk getting nicked at fitba.

snowflakes getting your panties wet over a young lad doing nothing.

Pathetic

Deary me.

BoomtownHibees
04-11-2018, 01:34 PM
How Si what ? I think you talk nonsense. Stick to being a geek being a wannabe expert on accounts.

Pathetic

Was it you?

CropleyWasGod
04-11-2018, 01:36 PM

Pathetic

You really have not read my posts properly, and the abuse does you no favours.

Consider this scenario..... the witnesses all say that there was no contact, and that the keeper faked the "assault". He is branded a liar in Court, and the fan is cleared.

That is the value of witnesses... to help establish the truth.

You still haven't told us why you think there were no witnesses.[emoji6]

MSK
04-11-2018, 01:37 PM

Pathetic****ing grow up !!

blackpoolhibs
04-11-2018, 01:37 PM
Anyone who threw a punch at the keeper should be banned for life, so that means we wont have anyone banned, as nobody threw a punch at him, and he went down play acting.

Dancehibs
04-11-2018, 01:40 PM
You really have not read my posts properly, and the abuse does you no favours.

Consider this scenario..... the witnesses all say that there was no contact, and that the keeper faked the "assault". He is branded a liar in Court, and the fan is cleared.

That is the value of witnesses... to help establish the truth.

You still haven't told us why you think there were no witnesses.[emoji6]

No abuse mate just my views. An emoji doesn’t really help you either.

casue there was no assult. My mate was six feet from incident and saw nothing . Anyone that says they assault in that stadium ie were at the game are blethers.

Dancehibs
04-11-2018, 01:40 PM
****ing grow up !!
Ok MSK what ever

CropleyWasGod
04-11-2018, 01:43 PM
No abuse mate just my views. An emoji doesn’t really help you either.

casue there was no assult. My mate was six feet from incident and saw nothing . Anyone that says they assault in that stadium ie were at the game are blethers.So your mate is therefore a witness.

SaulGoodman
04-11-2018, 01:47 PM

Pathetic

🤨🤨

scoopyboy
04-11-2018, 01:50 PM

Glad he's having to face the music, handing himself in isn't huge for me because if he hadn't he was going to be arrested anyway.

How is she faring?

Franck Stanton
04-11-2018, 01:53 PM
To establish a common law charge of assault there doesn't have to be any contact/ injury, the intention to do so is enough.
The debate of was it a punch or a slap and if contact was or was not made is immaterial. All the crown have to prove is the intention was there.

Lago
04-11-2018, 02:04 PM
So let me get this right, your argument is that because he's a Hibs fan he shouldn't get 'done' do you apply that to all aspects of law breaking?

Lago
04-11-2018, 02:06 PM
Anyone who threw a punch at the keeper should be banned for life, so that means we wont have anyone banned, as nobody threw a punch at him, and he went down play acting.
How about attempted ?

Itsnoteasy
04-11-2018, 02:08 PM
Glad he's having to face the music, handing himself in isn't huge for me because if he hadn't he was going to be arrested anyway.

How is she faring?
Broken cheekbone & confidence shattered.

To stay away from football for 6 weeks. It's in case someone accidentally bumps into her, it could lead to her jaw breaking right through & her jaw could actually drop.

Dancehibs
04-11-2018, 02:09 PM
So your mate is therefore a witness.

Thanks Columbo

blackpoolhibs
04-11-2018, 02:10 PM
How about attempted ?

I dont even think its an attempted punch, the evidence from tv pictures is unclear? His arm goes out that much is clear, but no punch was attempted, no contact made and the keeper went down like a sack of spuds, he's at it.

LustForLeith
04-11-2018, 02:10 PM

To stay away from football for 6 weeks. It's in case someone accidentally bumps into her, it could lead to her jaw breaking right through & her jaw could actually drop.

That’s brutal. Apologies if I’ve missed this already but are Hearts going to do anything for her? Would think it would be a nice touch when she’s up for it

DaveF
04-11-2018, 02:14 PM
To establish a common law charge of assault there doesn't have to be any contact/ injury, the intention to do so is enough.
The debate of was it a punch or a slap and if contact was or was not made is immaterial. All the crown have to prove is the intention was there.

So is the charge assault, intent to assault or just whatever they can get? Looks to me if the guy is just stretching out his arms.

CMurdoch
04-11-2018, 02:14 PM

Pathetic

You are wrong to insult Cropley Was God. For me is one of the best posters on this forum. He writes reasoned and balanced posts as well as bringing his financial knowledge on discussions about Hibs , Hearts and The Rangers.

I suspect you may be part of our away fan problem.

Newcastlehibby
04-11-2018, 02:16 PM
I dont even think its an attempted punch, the evidence from tv pictures is unclear? His arm goes out that much is clear, but no punch was attempted, no contact made and the keeper went down like a sack of spuds, he's at it.

It is perhaps relevant that he has been charged 'in connection with an assault', not an assault. My money is on Breach of the Peace.

Hibrandenburg
04-11-2018, 02:17 PM

Hope the police take the time to interview the keeper. If they have already and they're continuing the investigation, then the keeper has probably claimed he was assaulted. If the conclusion of the investigation is that there was no assault then it will be interesting to see what happens to the keeper.

Here’s Lucy!
04-11-2018, 02:19 PM
Thanks Columbo

Well, this thread has taken a turn for the worse then.

Dancehibs
04-11-2018, 02:21 PM
You are wrong to insult Cropley Was God. For me is one of the best posters on this forum. He writes reasoned and balanced posts as well as bringing his financial knowledge on discussions about Hibs , Hearts and The Rangers.

I disagree. What away problem is there ? How many hibs fans have been nicked this season?

i suspect you talk rubbish and suspect why many hibs fans don’t like hibs net.

how many away games have you been to? How many fights have you seen?

ive seen none and been to every game

Lago
04-11-2018, 02:22 PM
So is the charge assault, intent to assault or just whatever they can get? Looks to me if the guy is just stretching out his arms.
To achieve what?

Moulin Yarns
04-11-2018, 02:26 PM
I can see a bit of perspective is required. Some think there was a punch thrown at Zlamal while others don't, but to insult those with the opposite view when they ask reasonable questions is infantile.

Here’s Lucy!
04-11-2018, 02:27 PM

Oh come on!!

Hibrandenburg
04-11-2018, 02:27 PM
Looks like police has reacted to some of the recent incidents near Murrayfield and at Tynecastle.

https://image.ibb.co/kWgv3L/Arrests.png

Good news. Hopefully the lady hit with the bottle can get some peace of mind now and return to watch her team.

Hibrandenburg
04-11-2018, 02:29 PM
To achieve what?

He might have a BO problem and was just airing his pits.

scoopyboy
04-11-2018, 02:30 PM

I was hoping her confidence might be starting to come back.

Looks like the cheekbone will repair over the next few weeks if she can avoid further mishap.

I know her well being is the most important thing but I would be trying to pursue criminal injury payment, surely she would qualify and if it gave her money then she could treat herself when better. She would deserve that.

Itsnoteasy
That’s brutal. Apologies if I’ve missed this already but are Hearts going to do anything for her? Would think it would be a nice touch when she’s up for it

I'm led to believe that at Wednesdays derby Ann Budge was going to accommodate me in the Hearts end, as I said I would take my auntie along so she would attend, but she was to frightened to go.
I already had a ticket for Hibs End.

Her daughter/my cousin is Operations Manager for 1st team matters with Hearts & Ann Budge is doing all she can for her.

Hibrandenburg
I was hoping her confidence might be starting to come back.

Looks like the cheekbone will repair over the next few weeks if she can avoid further mishap.

I know her well being is the most important thing but I would be trying to pursue criminal injury payment, surely she would qualify and if it gave her money then she could treat herself when better. She would deserve that.

:agree:

Famous Fiver
04-11-2018, 02:38 PM
I am extremely disappointed on reading the police statement that no Hearts players have been charged with kicking the ball in to next week.

It took extreme punishment from them for the whole 90 minutes.

CMurdoch
04-11-2018, 02:43 PM
I disagree. What away problem is there ? How many hibs fans have been nicked this season?

i suspect you talk rubbish and suspect why many hibs fans don’t like hibs net.

how many away games have you been to? How many fights have you seen?

ive seen none and been to every game

You think everyone but you speaks rubbish :wink:.

I have only been to two away games this season and the make up of the away fans is much the same as it has been for the last few years.

That is 90% folk who love Hibs and love football. The other 10% are made up of 3% sad old neds and 7% under 30 year old wanna be hard men/neds who move about near the old neds and try to impress them. Not seen any fights but plenty of gob*****s.

Keith_M
04-11-2018, 02:48 PM
For any incident where a crime was actually commited, I hope justice is served and there's also a banning order put in place by both clubs.

If the guy alleged to have punched their keeper actually did punch him, then he should get a heft fine at the very least. If there was no punch, but he did reach out the to the keeper, then a warning regarding future conduct is in order

I really hope they catch the coin and fireworks throwers, not just the one that hit Lennon but all of them. This seems to have increased recently, including within elements of our own support, and needs to be cracked down on.

Here’s Lucy!
04-11-2018, 02:53 PM
For any incident where a crime was actually commited, I hope justice is served and there's also a banning order put in place by both clubs.

If the guy alleged to have punched their keeper actually did punch him, then he should get a heft fine at the very least. If there was no punch, but he did reach out the to the keeper, then a warning regarding future conduct is in order

I really hope they catch the coin and fireworks throwers, not just the one that hit Lennon but all of them. This seems to have increased recently, including within elements of our own support, and needs to be cracked down on.

Well said that man :clapper:

Franck Stanton
04-11-2018, 03:14 PM

IF they can prove that the individual(s) had intended to cause injury, then it would lead to a charge of assault , ( in Scots law there is no "attempted assault" it is either assault or nothing).
I suppose only the person knows for sure why he put his arm out towards the keeper. Just needs a desent, believable reason for a not guilty verdict.

One Day Soon
04-11-2018, 03:20 PM
IF they can prove that the individual(s) had intended to cause injury, then it would lead to a charge of assault , ( in Scots law there is no "attempted assault" it is either assault or nothing).
I suppose only the person knows for sure why he put his arm out towards the keeper. Just needs a desent, believable reason for a not guilty verdict.

My money is in pointing and laughing.

Here’s Lucy!
04-11-2018, 03:23 PM

Giving a 'believable' reason, and having that 'believed' are two entirely different things though.

I don't think he punched the goalie but I also don't think he was stretching. or 'airing his arm pits" or any other such nonsense. I suspect he was up to no good, so therefore 'acting with intent". What that intent was, we may never know.

The coin thrower however, knew exactly ​what he was doing and is already guilty in my opinion.

bawheid
04-11-2018, 03:28 PM
The Hearts goalie has been learning from the brown trout. It’s the safest not guilty you’ll ever see. If it was me I’d have just handed myself in and told them to stop being so ridiculous.

A punch. Aye, ok then...

Dancehibs
04-11-2018, 03:29 PM

I have only been to two away games this season and the make up of the away fans is much the same as it has been for the last few years.

That is 90% folk who love Hibs and love football. The other 10% are made up of 3% sad old neds and 7% under 30 year old wanna be hard men/neds who move about near the old neds and try to impress them. Not seen any fights but plenty of gob*****s.
Made up stats . I suspect you talk rubbish.

Sad old neds will be senior CCS who go to all the games .

i wonder what bracket you fit into . Food for thought.

silverhibee
04-11-2018, 03:30 PM

It will just be a plain simple assault, the goalkeeper must have made a complaint to the police after the game.

Kato
04-11-2018, 03:39 PM

I don't which one you talks rubbish but he did ask how arrests of Hibs fans there have been this season and you managed not to answer except with some meaningless percentages.

Care to talk rubbish about arrest stats?

Onion
04-11-2018, 03:41 PM
Images look inconclusive but the goalkeepers reaction was embarrassing as it was ridiculous. When have you ever seen someone who has been punched anywhere (in the street or ring) roll around like that then get up without a mark on them and zero signs of concussion. It was pathetic but a lesson to all not to go near a Hearts player. It would not have looked out if place at Hampden after the cup final when all 11 brave men of Ibrox were severely assaulted by Hibs fans.

At this pathetic ground, Hearts should be forced to provide policing and ballboys so no player is required to go near the fans.

tamig
04-11-2018, 03:46 PM
Images look inconclusive but the goalkeepers reaction was embarrassing as it was ridiculous. When have you ever seen someone who has been punched anywhere (in the street or ring) roll around like that then get up without a mark on them and zero signs of concussion. It was pathetic but a lesson to all not to go near a Hearts player. It would not have looked out if place at Hampden after the cup final when all 11 brave men of Ibrox were severely assaulted by Hibs fans.

At this pathetic ground, Hearts should be forced to provide policing and ballboys so no player is required to go near the fans.

They don’t have ball boys. Just towell boys.

CMurdoch
04-11-2018, 03:55 PM
Made up stats . I suspect you talk rubbish.

Sad old neds will be senior CCS who go to all the games .

i wonder what bracket you fit into . Food for thought.

CCS were selfish pathetic attention seekers. Now they are just sad old men with Stone Island jackets remembering their scuffles and pavement dancing with other inadequates. More to be pitied than scolded. Hope they are getting enough adoration from the young turnip heids.

Like normal folk I left fights behind when I left school. After that i was attracted to women rather than wrestling and dancing with men and boys at football matches so the CCS wasn't for me.

Fergos
04-11-2018, 03:57 PM
It looks like the person gesticulates the “get away wi yi” arm movement and the keeper hits the deck.

GGTTH

Kojock
04-11-2018, 04:00 PM
It will just be a plain simple assault, the goalkeeper must have made a complaint to the police after the game.

The keeper doesn't have to make a complaint for the police to pursue it and send a report to the PF

CMurdoch
04-11-2018, 04:02 PM
I don't which one you talks rubbish but he did ask how arrests of Hibs fans there have been this season and you managed not to answer except with some meaningless percentages.

Care to talk rubbish about arrest stats?

What follows is not rubbish but is an opinion.
I suspect very few arrests up until Wednesday given it was the 1st derby and we haven't played at Ibrox yet.
The haters on both sides tend to do their hating at these games.

MWHIBBIES
04-11-2018, 04:07 PM
He probably doesn't and he certainly won't when he gets banned for being a tool.

His life won't be ruined, and if it is he's only got himself to blame.

MWHIBBIES
04-11-2018, 04:09 PM
I think you are a stain on our club with your offensive post. Threw a punch ... fake news

Okay 😂

cabbageandribs1875
04-11-2018, 04:13 PM
"assault" on the keeper my ****, easy money for a decent defence lawyer

imo

silverhibee
04-11-2018, 04:15 PM
The keeper doesn't have to make a complaint for the police to pursue it and send a report to the PF

I know that, but the police would have spoke to him straight after the game and it would seem he has wanted to take it further, the last Hibs player to have fans assault him at PBS was asked if he wanted to press charges, he said no, probably why they were only charged with breach of the peace.

barcahibs
04-11-2018, 04:36 PM

Agreed. Keeper's reaction was ridiculous and he should be embarrassed with himself (but won't be because you can't embarrass a jambo), but there's no excuse for an aggressive move from a fan towards a player at close quarters like that. The fan should never see the inside of Easter Road again, his actions have tarred us all in the eyes of outsiders and he should pay a price for it. If a charge of assault can be made to stick (I'm no lawyer), then so be it, I'd have no problems with that.

Eaststand
04-11-2018, 04:36 PM
It looks like the person gesticulates the “get away wi yi” arm movement and the keeper hits the deck.

GGTTH

That's what I saw.
One of our supporters points towards the keeper, as happens at games all over the Country every week.

The sad lad Hertz keeper has to go near the supporter to get the ball cos there's no ball/ towel boy near. The saddo then decides to do what all his outfield teammates do in every game. Go down like you're really hurt and con the ref, or whoever is watching.

Their keeper should be thoroughly embarrassed with his pathetic reaction. Shameful stuff from Hertz as usual.

GGTTH

cabbageandribs1875
04-11-2018, 04:43 PM
I know that, but the police would have spoke to him straight after the game and it would seem he has wanted to take it further, the last Hibs player to have fans assault him at PBS was asked if he wanted to press charges, he said no, probably why they were only charged with breach of the peace.

does he really really REALLY want a video shown in court of him acting like he was shot by a sniper., then miraculously recovering within a second of the shooting...i know i certainly wouldn't :greengrin

Pretty Boy
04-11-2018, 04:44 PM
The incident was out of my line of sight at the game, I just saw the keeper stand up, make a face at the Hibs fans and stick his thumbs up (by Hearts logic that might even be goading and mean he deserved to be 'assaulted' again). I've not seen it on TV since.

I'm a believer in following legal process. If the guy is innocent there will be plenty folk in the vicinity to say as much. 10, 20 or 30 people saying 'I didn't see a punch or an attempt at a punch' is as good as it gets in terms of witnesses. If the apparently inconclusive TV pictures and the keepers word are the only alternative version of events he's got a good chance of a not guilty/not proven. I assume no Police saw anything untoward at the time as there was no arrest made immediately.

oldbutdim
04-11-2018, 04:50 PM
The incident was out of my line of sight at the game, I just saw the keeper stand up, make a face at the Hibs fans and stick his thumbs up (by Hearts logic that might even be goading and mean he deserved to be 'assaulted' again). I've not seen it on TV since.

I'm a believer in following legal process. If the guy is innocent there will be plenty folk in the vicinity to say as much. 10, 20 or 30 people saying 'I didn't see a punch or an attempt at a punch' is as good as it gets in terms of witnesses. If the apparently inconclusive TV pictures and the keepers word are the only alternative version of events he's got a good chance of a not guilty/not proven. I assume no Police saw anything untoward at the time as there was no arrest made immediately.

No chance of anyone getting arrested at Ibrox ................... no matter what they do they will have thousands of witnesses to say they didn't!

Here’s Lucy!
04-11-2018, 04:52 PM
No chance of anyone getting arrested at Ibrox ................... no matter what they do they will have thousands of witnesses to say they didn't!

Good point :aok:

green day
04-11-2018, 05:07 PM

You know more about that one for obvious reasons:wink:

What you say is essentially right, although I think the terminology might be different?

Zlamal cant press charges (Thats an English term), but the police can ask if he wants to "make a complaint" - if he does, and they have what they think adds up to enough evidence, they can charge said person and pass the details on to the PF service who decide if it can proceed.

The complainer cant - at that stage - decide to withdraw charges, as its out of their hands.

Lago
04-11-2018, 05:14 PM
You know more about that one for obvious reasons:wink:

What you say is essentially right, although I think the terminology might be different?

Zlamal cant press charges (Thats an English term), but the police can ask if he wants to "make a complaint" - if he does, and they have what they think adds up to enough evidence, they can charge said person and pass the details on to the PF service who decide if it can proceed.

The complainer cant - at that stage - decide to withdraw charges, as its out of their hands.
On the news tonight a 21 year old charged in respect of Hearts goalkeeper ' attack '

JimBHibees
04-11-2018, 06:17 PM

He was assaulted and someone needs charged imo.

wpj
04-11-2018, 06:21 PM

Pathetic

Poor post, having an opinion is fine, being offensive is not. It's been an ugly week but surely we can still be respectful? Let's at least try.

cabbageandribs1875
04-11-2018, 06:25 PM
I am extremely disappointed on reading the police statement that no Hearts players have been charged with kicking the ball in to next week.

It took extreme punishment from them for the whole 90 minutes.

the ball is needed as evidence but unfortunately it will be a few days before it is found, if ever

WhileTheChief..
04-11-2018, 06:28 PM
The keeper one won’t even reach court.

Pretty sure he’s not the one pursuing charges so a quick chat between the PF and his lawyer and it will be done amd dusted.

hibs#1
04-11-2018, 06:50 PM
Still think the incident with the goalie is very inconclusive from the videos I've seen.

silverhibee
04-11-2018, 07:02 PM
How were the police so quick in detaining the Hibs fan but still haven't arrested anyone for throwing the coin at Lennon.

Dempster should never have made a joint statement with Budge regarding what happened on Wednesday night.

aljo7-0
04-11-2018, 07:04 PM
The keeper charge may be simply breach of the peace rather than an assault. Causing a keeper to act embarrassingly would clearly alarm the lieges so a breach of the peace will likely be where the fiscal goes if he/she feels a day in court is needed?

The 90+2
04-11-2018, 07:10 PM
CCS were selfish pathetic attention seekers. Now they are just sad old men with Stone Island jackets remembering their scuffles and pavement dancing with other inadequates. More to be pitied than scolded. Hope they are getting enough adoration from the young turnip heids.

Like normal folk I left fights behind when I left school. After that i was attracted to women rather than wrestling and dancing with men and boys at football matches so the CCS wasn't for me.

The last thing you would ever say to any of them also. Agreed they are bawbags tho.

SRHibs
04-11-2018, 07:11 PM
Guy who threw the punch deserves everything he gets. Considering he was standing holding the Since 1875 banner, it doesn’t surprise me there’s a bunch on here defending his actions.

Allant1981
04-11-2018, 07:12 PM
Guy who threw the punch deserves everything he gets. Considering he was standing holding the Since 1875 banner, it doesn’t surprise me there’s a bunch on here defending his actions.

there was no punch thrown

silverhibee
04-11-2018, 07:19 PM
Take it the video of the alleged assault on the goalie has been removed.

cabbageandribs1875
04-11-2018, 07:21 PM
there was no punch thrown

there was no punch :agree: but what about the crime of holding a banner :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
04-11-2018, 07:28 PM
How were the police so quick in detaining the Hibs fan but still haven't arrested anyone for throwing the coin at Lennon.

Dempster should never have made a joint statement with Budge regarding what happened on Wednesday night.It's going to be more difficult to identify that person, especially if there were other coins being thrown.

hibeerealist
04-11-2018, 07:38 PM
I know that, but the police would have spoke to him straight after the game and it would seem he has wanted to take it further, the last Hibs player to have fans assault him at PBS was asked if he wanted to press charges, he said no, probably why they were only charged with breach of the peace.f

Is that the tool that had a go a Deeks? Well he entered the field of play and tried his lot and Deeks let it go, now Hertz, that is a different matter they will push anything that deflects from their troublemakers and anything that puts HFC and their fans (not to forget players) in a poor light (or sent off even).

There is a huge anti Hibs message under Levein and perpetually driven by him and his cohorts.

The joint statement this week sucks as we were more than capable of releasing our own statement and tracking down any culprits but Hertz obviously seen it as a plus to them and no doubt pushed the “joint” as it suggests equal liability.

We need to keep this anti Hibs agenda in our thoughts when dealing with that mob across the city. Don’t tell me Budge never heard the sectarian (as well as everything else) abuse directed at NL throughout the derby and the coin tosser(s) will not have been sitting a mile from her!!

Inconsequential
04-11-2018, 07:41 PM
A member of the public gets arrested for an alleged assault on a goalkeeper yet another goalkeeper who plays for a leading side in Scotland kicks an opponent probably viewed by millions and no action is taken either by the football or legal authorities. Life in Scotland is full of contradictions.

Billy Whizz
04-11-2018, 07:48 PM
A member of the public gets arrested for an alleged assault on a goalkeeper yet another goalkeeper who plays for a leading side in Scotland kicks an opponent with probably millions of witnesses looking on and no action is taken either by the football or legal authorities. Life in Scotland is full of contradictions.

Or duplicate threads😄

Inconsequential
04-11-2018, 07:52 PM
Or duplicate threads😄 Do I have to keep repeating myself Billy?? :wink:

Ozymandias
04-11-2018, 07:55 PM
f

Is that the tool that had a go a Deeks? Well he entered the field of play and tried his lot and Deeks let it go, now Hertz, that is a different matter they will push anything that deflects from their troublemakers and anything that puts HFC and their fans (not to forget players) in a poor light (or sent off even).

There is a huge anti Hibs message under Levein and perpetually driven by him and his cohorts.

The joint statement this week sucks as we were more than capable of releasing our own statement and tracking down any culprits but Hertz obviously seen it as a plus to them and no doubt pushed the “joint” as it suggests equal liability.

We need to keep this anti Hibs agenda in our thoughts when dealing with that mob across the city. Don’t tell me Budge never heard the sectarian (as well as everything else) abuse directed at NL throughout the derby and the coin tosser(s) will not have been sitting a mile from her!!

Odd that you have realist in your User name! If we take the Hibby glasses off, the only - genuinely, the only - course of action was to release a joint statement. Not to have done would have created an even bigger outburst of whitabootery than has happened anyway. The fact that there were two incidents doesn't assume equivalence of the actions, but there were undeniably two specific, nationally witnessed incidents.

I think Hearts are an institution with deep flaws, and fans who are much more akin to their big brothers than they care to acknowledge. Hibs issuing a statement against zoomers and 90-minute hard men alongside Hearts doing the same thing is the right, and only thing to do. It does not mean Hibs as a club condones Hearts as a club.

Eaststand
04-11-2018, 08:20 PM

What punch is that ?

You should watch carefully, then if you do, you would see a Hibs fan pointing at their daftie goalie, then their keeper goes into drama queen mode. No punch, just a Hertz daftie acting like a daftie

GGTTH

CentreLine
04-11-2018, 08:47 PM
What punch is that ?

You should watch carefully, then if you do, you would see a Hibs fan pointing at their daftie goalie, then their keeper goes into drama queen mode. No punch, just a Hertz daftie acting like a daftie

GGTTH

I would urge you to look at the footage again. What I see is a clear punch but it is easy to miss as it happens so fast. This is before the swing that I believe you are referring to. This second swing is certainly open to interpretation and could be anything from a attempt to connect to trying to dust dandruff off the keeper’s shoulder. But do please look at the footage again, you may not be quite so confident that there is no case to answer. No doubt the evidence will be thoroughly examined in court and hopefully justice will be properly served. It is certainly capable of not being the case.

JJP
04-11-2018, 08:51 PM
Punch or no punch I can’t believe any Hibs fan would put their hands anywhere near an opposition player after the whole Wes Fodderingham incident after the cup final. Hopefully everyone wises up and we don’t see anymore of these incidents in future.

PatHead
04-11-2018, 08:51 PM
I would urge you to look at the footage again. What I see is a clear punch but it is easy to miss as it happens so fast. This is before the swing that I believe you are referring to. This second swing is certainly open to interpretation and could be anything from a attempt to connect to trying to dust dandruff off the keeper’s shoulder. But do please look at the footage again, you may not be quite so confident that there is no case to answer. No doubt the evidence will be thoroughly examined in court and hopefully justice will be properly served. It is certainly capable of not being the case.

Are you meaning the guy in the black or grey/green top?

CentreLine
04-11-2018, 09:04 PM
Are you meaning the guy in the black or grey/green top?

Not for me to point fingers, that’s for the prosecution to decide. Only describing what I saw on the slow motion footage was a punch followed by a second swipe of an arm. Second swipe was very much open to interpretation but there was a punch on the footage I saw. I was not at the game.

col02
04-11-2018, 09:07 PM
What about the bottle of buckfast thrown into the Hibs end? That not being pursued either?

mentalhibee
04-11-2018, 09:21 PM
What about the bottle of buckfast thrown into the Hibs end? That not being pursued either?

Exactly or the maroon flares getting launched at hibs fans repeatedly throughout the match!

Crab apple
04-11-2018, 09:53 PM
Jimmy Dunne said there was a punch so it must be true. As true as the mass assaults on the rangers players after the cup final that were witnessed and reported by Chick Young and others. And there was definitely no coin thrown at Neil Lennon.

Moulin Yarns
04-11-2018, 09:57 PM

Whataboutery.

Tornadoes70
04-11-2018, 10:00 PM
The keeper charge may be simply breach of the peace rather than an assault. Causing a keeper to act embarrassingly would clearly alarm the lieges so a breach of the peace will likely be where the fiscal goes if he/she feels a day in court is needed?

Sounds ridiculous charging someone with a breach of the peace simply for sticking his arm out whether it was an attempt at a punch or not. I think it would have to be a common assault or no charge at all. Unless the guy pleads guilty or there's overwhelming evidence we're not aware of yet it might be a not guilty or the charge dropped at a later date as just now it appears inconclusive.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

overdrive
04-11-2018, 10:07 PM

Ah, that will explain something that I’ve wondered about since that incident happened (I’m assuming it was the Casper incident). There was another guy who ran onto the pitch at the same time but then thought better of it and turned back. He got quite a heavy punishment from memory and I wondered why when the Casper guy seemingly got off relatively unscathed in comparison. I remember the incident with the second guy as he was in my year at school (common theme on my posts today) and he was by no means a bam.

silverhibee
04-11-2018, 10:23 PM
It's going to be more difficult to identify that person, especially if there were other coins being thrown.

I only seen the one coin, was there more.

Forza Fred
04-11-2018, 10:30 PM
I thought on original viewing that the spectator behind the goals was simply putting his hand out to try and prevent the goalkeeper banging into the terracing wall, more of a helpful act than an assault.

Jim44
04-11-2018, 11:01 PM

:agree: If somebody approaches me in the street and, for whatever reason, extends an arm towards me in a threatening manner, I expect that to be treated as assault.

CentreLine
05-11-2018, 07:08 AM
:agree: If somebody approaches me in the street and, for whatever reason, extends an arm towards me in a threatening manner, I expect that to be treated as assault.

Yep. If they extend an arm at you in an attempt to strike you then you just experienced an assault.

LustForLeith
05-11-2018, 07:40 AM
Was there more than one coin thrown at Lennon? As far as I can see it hit his chest but he clutched his face and said in an interview it hit his face? Maybe it was the same one at it bounced.

CentreLine
05-11-2018, 07:45 AM
Was there more than one coin thrown at Lennon? As far as I can see it hit his chest but he clutched his face and said in an interview it hit his face? Maybe it was the same one at it bounced.

Yes, it had to go somewhere after it hit his face and that was on to his chest then the floor. That gravity thing is a real problem for falling objects, then people can see different parts of it and make up different stories to suit their agenda.

Dashing Bob S
05-11-2018, 08:10 AM
The last thing you would ever say to any of them also. Agreed they are bawbags tho.

Nonsense. Many Hibs fans of a certain age were involved with ‘the CCS’ at least for a certain period in time. For many, who were just daft young lads letting of steam, it was a harmless youth cult and rite of passage. Football hooliganism was a widespread and fashionable social phenomenon back then and most participants (not all) were not hard core thugs and got involved piecemeal in the same way one did with punk, skins, mods, acid house etc. Many are now upstanding citizens, good husbands, fathers, employees, employers and activists in their local communities. Yes, some aren’t. In short, they are pretty much like most other 50 year olds in Edinburgh.

People should get a little more real and a bit less hysterical and ignorant about all of this. The ‘bawbags’ are idiots who make sweeping generalizations based on old nonsense tabloid features designed to scare morons and fuel the outrage of people who haven’t got lives.

Lemonade
05-11-2018, 08:31 AM
Nonsense. Many Hibs fans of a certain age were involved with ‘the CCS’ at least for a certain period in time. For many, who were just daft young lads letting of steam, it was a harmless youth cult and rite of passage. Football hooliganism was a widespread and fashionable social phenomenon back then and most participants (not all) were not hard core thugs and got involved piecemeal in the same way one did with punk, skins, mods, acid house etc. Many are now upstanding citizens, good husbands, fathers, employees, employers and activists in their local communities. Yes, some aren’t. In short, they are pretty much like most other 50 year olds in Edinburgh.

People should get a little more real and a bit less hysterical and ignorant about all of this. The ‘bawbags’ are idiots who much sweeping generalizations based on old nonsense tabloid features designed to scare morons and fuel the outrage of people who haven’t got lives.

What a load of utter *****.

CropleyWasGod
05-11-2018, 08:37 AM
I only seen the one coin, was there more.No idea.

I'm suggesting that it will be difficult enough to trace one small coin to one spectator in a crowded stand. If there were other coins being thrown, that would make it harder to trace.

Famous Fiver
05-11-2018, 09:23 AM
Bit flippant here but all these coins being thrown about, I hope they gathered them up and gave them to the Lady Haig Poppy Fund.

Help to offset the £185 they stiffed them for.

Perhaps Mrs Budge can advise us?

Cabbage East
05-11-2018, 09:39 AM

It’s grim that people like you will have to carry out jury service at some point.

Bostonhibby
05-11-2018, 09:44 AM
Bit flippant here but all these coins being thrown about, I hope they gathered them up and gave them to the Lady Haig Poppy Fund.

Help to offset the £185 they stiffed them for.

Perhaps Mrs Budge can advise us?

It's a right moral dilemma for them, Poppy fund or the big red coo, they've never stolen from the big red coo before so there's only going to be one beneficiary.

IWasThere2016
05-11-2018, 09:48 AM

26 - and behaving like that. He will be jailed..

Sylar
05-11-2018, 10:02 AM
No idea.

I'm suggesting that it will be difficult enough to trace one small coin to one spectator in a crowded stand. If there were other coins being thrown, that would make it harder to trace.

They got the chap that coined the assistant referee at the Livingston vs Rangers game last month, so with a suitable review of the CCTV footage and witness statements, I would hope it shouldn't be impossible.

There's been quite an upsurge in the chucking of coins this season - I seen Gerrard in the papers at the weekend asking what needs to be done to stop it after Morellos also had launched at him whilst celebrating his goal.

Hopefully they get that idiot too.

Kato
05-11-2018, 10:07 AM
What a load of utter *****.

Seems accurate enough to me.

CropleyWasGod
05-11-2018, 10:10 AM
They got the chap that coined the assistant referee at the Livingston vs Rangers game last month, so with a suitable review of the CCTV footage and witness statements, I would hope it shouldn't be impossible.

There's been quite an upsurge in the chucking of coins this season - I seen Gerrard in the papers at the weekend asking what needs to be done to stop it after Morellos also had launched at him whilst celebrating his goal.

Hopefully they get that idiot too.

Yeah, that gives me confidence. But that was at a smaller ground, in daylight hours.

Lemonade
05-11-2018, 10:26 AM

Good old CCS. Honourable guys but just a wee bit misunderstood eh.

Kato
05-11-2018, 10:43 AM

If that's what you took from DB's post you didn't read it properly.

Speedy
05-11-2018, 01:09 PM
Punch or no punch I can’t believe any Hibs fan would put their hands anywhere near an opposition player after the whole Wes Fodderingham incident after the cup final. Hopefully everyone wises up and we don’t see anymore of these incidents in future.

Exactly.

Lago
05-11-2018, 01:15 PM

People should get a little more real and a bit less hysterical and ignorant about all of this. The ‘bawbags’ are idiots who much sweeping generalizations based on old nonsense tabloid features designed to scare morons and fuel the outrage of people who haven’t got lives.
You trying to re write history ? Bit of a fairy tale you have just told.

CMurdoch
05-11-2018, 01:25 PM

You were one of them.
Were you one of the middle class ones interested in what the working class boys were doing.

southfieldhibby
05-11-2018, 01:30 PM

There's really no problem with our away support. Missed one away game this season and on the whole, it's fine. Aberdeen on Friday will reflect that I think.

CMurdoch
05-11-2018, 01:31 PM

Hiya Irvine

Kato
05-11-2018, 01:43 PM
You were one of them.

I wasn't one of them but throwing accusations like that around it seems like you are one of those.

Were you one of the middle class ones interested in what the working class boys were doing.

Good measure of how astute you are right there, as in you're not in any way astute.

Pretty Boy
05-11-2018, 01:56 PM
What did a lot of people on here do when they were young?

Everyone seems to have been so angelic in their behaviour I wonder where all the tales of bottle throwing, sectarian singing, street battles and so on in football came from? It's a wonder any subculture ever took off in Edinburgh when at least half the city where at choir practice, in the library or helping old ladies with their shopping.

Or maybe it's the old rose tinted glasses on again? There's been a lot of that in the last week or so. Young lads (and girls) do daft things, get involved in daft things and most move on, grow up and become boring adults who rewrite history and forget what it was to be young.

That's not condoning violence or canonising casuals; it's just remembering what it was to be young and a bit easily led.

Kato
05-11-2018, 01:59 PM

Everyone seems to have been so angelic in their behaviour I wonder where all the tales of bottle throwing, sectarian singing, street battles and so on in football came from? It's a wonder any subculture ever took off in Edinburgh when at least half the city where at choir practice, in the library or helping old ladies with their shopping.

Or maybe it's the old rose tinted glasses on again? There's been a lot of that in the last week or so. Young lads (and girls) do daft things, get involved in daft things and most move on, grow up and become boring adults who rewrite history and forget what it was to be young.

That's not condoning violence or canonising casuals; it's just remembering what it was to be young and a bit easily led.

Balanced, nuanced post. The posters using blunt instruments above should take notice.

Kato
05-11-2018, 02:03 PM

Point out where he is wrong.

Keith_M
05-11-2018, 02:05 PM

Not in my experience, no.

I consider myself to be a reasonably respectable part of the community but was one of those 'Bams' myself and found it to be a fairly accurate description.

I did things in my teens/early-twenties that I'm happy to admit were wrong, but were nowhere near the usual portrayal of what is supposed to have gone on.

Lago
05-11-2018, 02:52 PM

I consider myself to be a reasonably respectable part of the community but was one of those 'Bams' myself and found it to be a fairly accurate description.

I did things in my teens/early-twenties that I'm happy to admit were wrong, but were nowhere near the usual portrayal of what is supposed to have gone on.
Well in my teens early twenties I was in the Merchant Navy, earning a living & seeing a good bit of the world, throwing bottles, fighting in the streets nope, mugs game.

Lago
05-11-2018, 02:54 PM

Sub culture, oh well one way to describe it I suppose.

Jack
05-11-2018, 02:58 PM

lol

That's just reminded me I was a choir boy and an altar boy to boot!

I was also in the Scouts so there's a good chance little old ladies were taken across the road with their shopping ... some probably against their will!

Never liked the library though!

BullsCloseHibs
05-11-2018, 02:59 PM
What punch is that ?

GGTTH

I heard from good authority it wasn't even close to a punch either.

Will be interesting to hear if the Hearts GK and the Hibs fan's stories match up. I seriously doubt it.

ancient hibee
05-11-2018, 03:04 PM

I started on the terraces in the early 1950s and like a lot of others spent some time at the end of the game collecting empties to take to Albert Street for cash.There was only trouble when the OF we’re visiting.There were some seriously tough people particularly ex servicemen about and they normally kept order.You learned who and what to avoid and also to spot the ones who considered themselves tough guys.As a result my generation treated the casuals as a complete joke and that as a group they were a bunch of over excited wee boys with delusions of grandeur.

Onion
05-11-2018, 03:06 PM
I heard from good authority it wasn't even close to a punch either.

Will be interesting to hear if the Hearts GK and the Hibs fan's stories match up. I seriously doubt it.

Would like to hear the GK’s testimony under oath. Maybe the culprit will be offered a 2 game ban to avoid embarrassment alround 😄

CockneyRebel

I witnessed, on several occasions while on the bus to ER, these "daft/silly/harmless young laddies" handing out indiscriminate beatings on the run along Princes Street. Not a rite of passage just neds being nasty.

I'm Spartacus
Now, standard day to day goings on, BOTH incidents (keeper and the NL coin) wouldn't even make the news IMO, but both were on every news channel in the country I expect both to be jailed for 30 days, or there abouts, given the national coverage. The keeper and NL have both overreacted, some won't like that, but it's true.

The bottler should get 2 years minimum, ******ing animal.

Pretty Boy
05-11-2018, 03:07 PM

I was making a more general point that a lot of young folk do things to be 'different' or for a bit of a laugh, maybe to shock, maybe to piss of their parents or maybe just pushing the same boundaries that every generation tends to do.

FWIW fighting at the football wasn't my thing but I was involved in plenty other daft things that I probably wouldn't do now. All whilst holding down a job and seeing a bit of the world as well.....

CMurdoch
05-11-2018, 03:15 PM
I wasn't one of them but throwing accusations like that around it seems like you are one of those.

Good measure of how astute you are right there, as in you're not in any way astute.

I don't have time to answer you properly at the moment but does your level of astute reach to spelling the name above your avatar correctly

Kato
05-11-2018, 03:29 PM
I don't have time to answer you properly at the moment but does your level of astute reach to spelling the name above your avatar correctly

You don't have time to say you were wrong to accuse me of being a casual or infer I'm some sort of middle class day tripper, on which you are wrong on both counts, but you have time for some lame insult.

No need to spend any more time, I have the measure of you. Internet know-all, lack nuanced thought, everything is polarised to black and white and cant find it within yourself to back off when your wrong. So many like you make discussion boards boring places to be.

silverhibee
05-11-2018, 03:44 PM

Spot on PB.

It seemed to be the norm when you went to games home and more so away for fighting, the bus we travelled on had a bit of a bad name, travelling to away games the bus would always stop somewhere for a break and most of us seen it as a chance to nip in to the local shop and steal stupid stuff, once at the game before during & after there was fighting and you got involved, sometimes there was no option, it was seen as a bit fun when you were young, ffs I would sing ira songs at games when I was young not knowing what I was really singing about but you just joined in with everyone else.

Most of us grow up though and just go along to watch the football.

I'm pure sensible now. :greengrin

Dancehibs
05-11-2018, 04:00 PM
Good old CCS who changed history . Where going through to Glasgow getting your bus attacked. Where scarfers could leave Ibrox safely where the famous CCS where taking care of business

cabbageandribs1875
05-11-2018, 04:32 PM
YLT ya bass

Kato
05-11-2018, 04:41 PM

Pretty bold thing to say, Keekaboo. Weird how it more or less backs up Dashing Bob's summation but all those kneejerkers haven't a thing to say on it. I suppose it doesn't conform with their prejudices so they just ignore it.

Saint Hibee
05-11-2018, 05:14 PM
YLT ya bass

On top non-stop!

Here’s Lucy!
05-11-2018, 05:30 PM
On top non-stop!

Ask the Bar-Ox about that!!!

:na na:

LustForLeith
05-11-2018, 08:15 PM
Yes, it had to go somewhere after it hit his face and that was on to his chest then the floor. That gravity thing is a real problem for falling objects, then people can see different parts of it and make up different stories to suit their agenda.

Sorry but I missed this.

What’s my agenda?

CentreLine
05-11-2018, 11:11 PM
Sorry but I missed this.

What’s my agenda?

It was never my intention to suggest you had an agenda, your post simply highlighted that some people did not see the whole incident. I apologise it it came across otherwise to you.
It was, however, my intention to suggest that many people, that have commented on the coin incident, have chosen not to see the strike on Lennon’s face. That would be particularly true of hearts fans wishing to deflect from their behaviour. Similarly I feel there are plenty of comments on here denying that footage appears to show that a punch connected with the hearts goalie. I believe that some of those people have an agenda to justify violent conduct and bad behaviour. Others have simply not viewed the footage either closely or perhaps not at all.

Hiber-nation
05-11-2018, 11:16 PM
YLT ya bass

Good old YLT. Gave me a right kicking after the Juventus game despite me having my Hibs scarf on. Their reason was "You're no fae Leith".

Dashing Bob S
06-11-2018, 12:43 AM

Did you not get involved in the sub culture whilst in the Merchant navy?

I'm_cabbaged
06-11-2018, 05:52 AM

😂😂😂😂😂😂

LustForLeith
06-11-2018, 06:30 AM
It was never my intention to suggest you had an agenda, your post simply highlighted that some people did not see the whole incident. I apologise it it came across otherwise to you.
It was, however, my intention to suggest that many people, that have commented on the coin incident, have chosen not to see the strike on Lennon’s face. That would be particularly true of hearts fans wishing to deflect from their behaviour. Similarly I feel there are plenty of comments on here denying that footage appears to show that a punch connected with the hearts goalie. I believe that some of those people have an agenda to justify violent conduct and bad behaviour. Others have simply not viewed the footage either closely or perhaps not at all.

Cheers for clearing that up. I watched it again last night and in my opinion it’s easier to see the coin bounce off his chest than it is to see it hit him in the face. Initially I wasn’t too sure if there was more than one coin thrown and the cameras hadn’t picked up the one that struck his face.

Also cheers for clearing up what gravity is. Everyday is a learning day.

BILLYHIBS
06-11-2018, 07:02 AM

There was no punch

I see the coin hitting Lenny on the chest

Posters on here have said that reliable witnesses have said there was no punch

Lenny has said he was hit on the chin

On viewing the assault on the goalkeeper I see hands reaching out to him but no punch

I have no reason to doubt Lenny or the witnesses behind the goals

As you appear to be in the minority on here perhaps it is you and the Hearts goalie that have an agenda?

The courts will decide with regard to the alleged punch

Thank god we are the only civilised country that has the not proven verdict

Yes he was wrong to touch/assault an opposition player

Hearts need to do more to hand over the coin tosser/ tossers to the authorities

If it is proven beyond reasonable doubt that our guy did punch the goalie I apologise to you in advance and hope they throw the book at him

CentreLine
06-11-2018, 07:38 AM
There was no punch

I see the coin hitting Lenny on the chest

Posters on here have said that reliable witnesses have said there was no punch

Lenny has said he was hit on the chin

On viewing the assault on the goalkeeper I see hands reaching out to him but no punch

I have no reason to doubt Lenny or the witnesses behind the goals

As you appear to be in the minority on here perhaps it is you and the Hearts goalie that has an agenda

The courts will decide with regard to the alleged punch

Thank god we are the only civilised country that has the not proven verdict

Yes he was wrong to touch/assault an opposition player

Hearts need to do more to hand over the coin tosser/ tossers to the authorities

If it is proven beyond reasonable doubt that our guy did punch the goalie I apologise to you in advance and hope they throw the book at him

👍🏻 Yes all about opinions. Agenda? Yes, mine is all about trying to be fair and balanced without being influenced by tribalism. I cannot ignore or justify a crime simply because it appears to have been committed by someone with a common love of a football team. The fact that an individual has been reported to the Procurator Fiscal tells us that someone in the police sees sufficient evidence to suggest that a crime has been committed. I think you do me a disservice suggesting that somehow my opinion will be on trial, along with the alleged culprit, as the vagaries of the court system can see a verdict go either way. Or, as you correctly point out, somewhere in the middle. How about we split the difference here? It is the role of the PF to satisfy him/herself that there is sufficient evidence to bring a prosecution before taking a case to court. If it gets that far I feel you should cut me some slack and accept that is what I see in the footage. To the best of my knowledge I don’t know any of the people involved, nor does the publicly available footage clearly identify the owner of the fist but I know what is there to see.

I see the football pitch as a stage for entertainment. I believe the players on that stage have the right to perform that role without fear of being assaulted. As with the pantomime villain, the audience have the opportunity to react to that entertainment. However, there is a line that should not be crossed. The stage is for performers. The audience should stay with their seats and everyone should be able to go home safely afterwards. If all of that happened we would not be having to have this discussion.

BILLYHIBS
06-11-2018, 07:59 AM
👍🏻 Yes all about opinions. Agenda? Yes, mine is all about trying to be fair and balanced without being influenced by tribalism. I cannot ignore or justify a crime simply because it appears to have been committed by someone with a common love of a football team. The fact that an individual has been reported to the Procurator Fiscal tells us that someone in the police sees sufficient evidence to suggest that a crime has been committed. I think you do me a disservice suggesting that somehow my opinion will be on trial, along with the alleged culprit, as the vagaries of the court system can see a verdict go either way. Or, as you correctly point out, somewhere in the middle. How about we split the difference here? It is the role of the PF to satisfy him/herself that there is sufficient evidence to bring a prosecution before taking a case to court. If it gets that far I feel you should cut me some slack and accept that is what I see in the footage. To the best of my knowledge I don’t know any of the people involved, nor does the publicly available footage clearly identify the owner of the fist but I know what is there to see.

I see the football pitch as a stage for entertainment. I believe the players on that stage have the right to perform that role without fear of being assaulted. As with the pantomime villain, the audience have the opportunity to react to that entertainment. However, there is a line that should not be crossed. The stage is for performers. The audience should stay with their seats and everyone should be able to go home safely afterwards. If all of that happened we would not be having to have this discussion.

Agree 100%

Football is all about opinions but as regards hard facts try as I might I still cannot see a punch on the footage. Any defence lawyer worth his salt need only press play on the YouTube video and the culprit walks.

Perhaps it is the Hearts goalie that is the Pantomime villain?

Some from the Hearts tribe might suggest Neil Lennon :greengrin

I feel we have now exhausted this point and as you quite rightly point out it is now for the courts to decide.

Although I do not agree with your version of what did or did not happen I do nonetheless respect your opinion

Let the courts decide.

GGTTH

CentreLine
06-11-2018, 08:10 AM
Agree 100%

Football is all about opinions but as regards hard facts try as I might I still cannot see a punch on the footage. Any defence lawyer worth his salt need only press play on the YouTube video and the culprit walks.

Perhaps it is the Hearts goalie that is the Pantomime villain?

Some from the Hearts tribe might suggest Neil Lennon :greengrin

I feel we have now exhausted this point and as you quite rightly point out it is now for the courts to decide.

Although I do not agree with your version of what did or did not happen I do nonetheless respect your opinion

Let the courts decide.

GGTTH

Cheers bud. Appreciate your balance and especially like when discussions can be had without falling out over a different perspective. Have a great day👍🏻

Hibrandenburg
06-11-2018, 08:13 AM

Most of us will have done things in our youth that could be considered rebellious. I started going to games on my own pre CCS when I was about 12. The name of the game back then was for the mob to head away fans off at the pass before they could get on their trains a Waverley. For me it was exciting to be in amongst the big boys and it probably has something that is antedeluvian lying dormant in the male genome. Most of us will have taken part in similar in our youth whether that be at the football, battering Mods on Porty Beach, fighting with Livi Punks in StJames' Centre or just a group of youths playing chap door run or stealing apples out of gardens. What seems to make some CCS different is that they still appear to revel in their immature actions of 30 odd years ago. Not exactly typical behaviour of mature and fine upstanding members of the community that their history rewrite would have us believe.

Hibs07p
06-11-2018, 08:34 AM
Good old YLT. Gave me a right kicking after the Juventus game despite me having my Hibs scarf on. Their reason was "You're no fae Leith".

As one of the younger members hanging onto the coat tails of the YLT, they weren't all Hibs fans, but they were all leithers, made up mostly of people from The Fort and / or attending DK secondary school. There was a lot of local "street" gangs but then united to form one. Minority supporters in the area, (CelGers and them) were attached, and as it was before segregation, the YLT would actively seek trouble by going right into the middle of away supporters at home games and Tynecastle in particular. Anyone remember the pie stall with the cameras up above in the Wheatfield terrace at Tiny Tynie? That's where the fight for superiority (off the park) was fought and won.
At ER, one of the favoured tactics was to wait outside the gates at the top of St Clair Street after the match, goad the opposition fans, get "chased" to the bottom of the street and wait for the call, "stall", which resulted in everyone that was "running away" doing an about turn to face up, and the "chasers" finding that the numbers behind them weren't as big as they first thought. Faced with an uphill race some of the unfittest, were caught and received a kicking. I think there was an exception after a Hearts game when there was no pretend chasing, just chasing. I could go on with a lot more info about back in the day, but thats where it belongs and thats where it should stay.

Hiber-nation, in response to your quote, it was not unusual for them to fight with other Hibs fans depending on personal grudges or what ever area they came from, so I wouldn't doubt what you are saying.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

bigwheel
06-11-2018, 08:44 AM
I was around in the 80s and 90s at Hibs games like many of us where..As a teenager and into my twenties. Was never part of CCS, didn't have the bottle if I'm honest. But I did sometimes go to games with them. Oldham friendly away, Ibrox , numerous other trips by train or bus. Loved the fashion and the style. Met guys from Manchester in the early 80s as it was emerging so was an early adopter in the casual look. Clearly some of the Hbs boys had more of a propensity for the violence than others, and it became a big part of their life. Many of them have paid for that..my overriding memory though of those days, and these guys, is that they are a good bunch. Loads of laughs. They were a proper bunch of mates who looked after each other, supported each other. Many are still great mates today...of course there were some full on radges - but let's be honest..there is a decent chunk of pricks who wear football colours too!

The casual days at that time were, as others have said well, was part of quite an energetic youth movement. Caught many at a time when they were just growing out of adolescence and finding their own identify. Most did it for a laugh, groups of mates, following their team around the place. Part of that Hibees tribe..or "family" I guess, to use the term that emerged. It is just part of growing up...For some it become part of their identity..fine, that's up to them . I judge them as I meet them - decent guys to me.

Also it had some good benefits..for those of us who recall walking the obstacle course of Rangers fans getting in and out of Ibrox, and other places - Ayr used to be quite interesting for example!...CCS changed that experience..Football fans with colours on could walk relatively unhindered in and out of grounds when the CCS where in their pomp..

As a hanger on occasionally the buzz of walking 100+ strong from central Glasgow to Ibrox, including right past the front of the main stand with 1000s of seething but nervous Huns looking at you was a magic feeling..still makes me smile..

wpj
06-11-2018, 11:53 AM
I remember getting battered on London Rd by Dons, was very happy to see the CCS arrive, pull me to my feet and chase them. Not Angels by any stretch of the imagination but certainly saved me a trip to A&E that night (80s)

Lago
06-11-2018, 12:11 PM
Nope, my job was too responsible for any ' sub culture '

Lago
06-11-2018, 12:41 PM
Just out of interest during your sub culture days of kicking, punching & bottle throwing did you ever go to watch Hibs play football or was that secondary to the other ?:greengrin

Hiber-nation
06-11-2018, 01:00 PM
Hiber-nation, in response to your quote, it was not unusual for them to fight with other Hibs fans depending on personal grudges or what ever area they came from, so I wouldn't doubt what you are saying.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

They must have been bored that night! I was trailing behind my mates for some reason walking back to the bus station, these bams piled out of a car on Hillside Crescent and I was the unlucky one. Could have been anyone of course.

CRAZYHIBBY
06-11-2018, 01:16 PM
Zlamal was barely touched and threw himself to the ground...total drama queen. However the intent was there and its totally unacceptable. The fan should be banned for life not jailed.....the bottle thrower is a different case altogether as he deliberately threw a missile into a crowd of people hitting that poor woman.....she wasnt the target obviously but hat doesnt matter he could have killed someone.

hibeerealist
06-11-2018, 01:22 PM

Must be guilty then as “someone in the police sees sufficient evidence that a crime has been committed” ! I am anything but anti police and have a few friends that are in the police but please do not assume that there was anything in this at all just because someone has been charged by the police. I think they have been proved wrong numerous times.