PDA

View Full Version : Our season is being hampered

NAE NOOKIE
04-11-2018, 01:30 AM
By the fact that we never seem to be able to come up with a settled team for a number of reasons and especially injuries.

Gray …. in out in out

Hanlon …. in out in out

McGregor … just back after a lengthy injury

MacLaren …. in out in out

Kamberi … clearly below par for the first few games because of injury and missing MacLaren

Hyndman … in out in out

Bartley …. injured or dropped for most of the season

Horgan …. not quite made the impact I had hoped and not always in the starting line up … not sure where he was supposed to be playing today, I thought he was supposed to be a left winger.

Shaw … even with Kamberi out the manager preferred Boyle up front … I want to see Boyle on the wing.

Slivka … in out in out.

Agypong … looked good in his wee cameo at ER a few weeks back … now injured as well.

Its no wonder we haven't quite managed to achieve the level of consistency we reached last season …. the sooner NL can field a settled team the better.

matty_f
04-11-2018, 01:38 AM
Agree with that. A settled team would be a huge benefit.

StevesFamau5
04-11-2018, 01:49 AM
Totally agree.

It seems like we have a mix n match policy in place.

I like pizza and I like it when I can choose what I want on top. Having said that pretty much 90% of the time I will have the same thing unless something isn't available. Even then I will barelt deviate from the basics (meat and cheese) surely this should be the same for lenny and the team.... I may have had alot to drink and craving a dominoes haha

cabbageandribs1875
04-11-2018, 03:16 AM
whatever happened to the 'two players for each position' we were fed a couple of seasons back ? if we did have that then every player should be able to step up and do whatever job required, surely

oops, just noticed this is being covered in another thread :)

Heckys Wheel
04-11-2018, 04:18 AM
Can’t do much about injuries but Porteous, Slivka and Horgan seem to be dropped on a whim.

Let’s get a settled team on the park.

vuefrom1875
04-11-2018, 09:16 AM
By the fact that we never seem to be able to come up with a settled team for a number of reasons and especially injuries.

Gray …. in out in out

Hanlon …. in out in out

Kamberi … clearly below par for the first few games because of injury and missing MacLaren

Hyndman … in out in out

Horgan …. not quite made the impact I had hoped and not always in the starting line up … not sure where he was supposed to be playing today, I thought he was supposed to be a left winger.

Shaw … even with Kamberi out the manager preferred Boyle up front … I want to see Boyle on the wing.

Slivka … in out in out.

Agypong … looked good in his wee cameo at ER a few weeks back … now injured as well.

Its no wonder we haven't quite managed to achieve the level of consistency we reached last season …. the sooner NL can field a settled team the better.

Totally agree with everything, also throw in stop start breaks for micky mouse international's!

LustForLeith
04-11-2018, 09:21 AM

Gray …. in out in out

Hanlon …. in out in out

Hyndman … in out in out

Slivka … in out in out.

We might be struggling to play football but we’ve got a cracking squad for the Hokey Cokey

Steve20
04-11-2018, 09:21 AM
Other teams have injuries. It’s just excuses for a poor start to the season.

cleanyman
04-11-2018, 09:24 AM
It should be enough to be better than we were yesterday

That's now 180 minutes of terrible football

B.H.F.C
04-11-2018, 09:41 AM
There have been plenty times where we have made multiple changes through choice. The lack of consistency isn’t all down to injuries. From week to week it’s anyone’s guess who will play and even what shape we’ll play.

It was even apparent during the game yesterday the way some players were shunted about the park. Boyle for instance started on the right, moved to the left, played in a two and ended up at right wing back.

frazeHFC
04-11-2018, 09:48 AM
Porteous was key in us getting 4 consecutive clean sheets and then he's dropped. Bit mythed at that. Get him at centre half and Milligan back in midfield.

cleanyman
04-11-2018, 09:50 AM
January is going to be even worse. 3 are away for a month.

Signings required.

EH54
04-11-2018, 09:53 AM
Totally agree.

It seems like we have a mix n match policy in place.

I like pizza and I like it when I can choose what I want on top. Having said that pretty much 90% of the time I will have the same thing unless something isn't available. Even then I will barelt deviate from the basics (meat and cheese) surely this should be the same for lenny and the team.... I may have had alot to drink and craving a dominoes haha

When I'm getting a take away, I always use the same restaurant, that way I know what I'm getting, consistency is the key..found somewhere I enjoy and I stick with it.

Danderhall Hibs
04-11-2018, 09:59 AM
Other teams have injuries. It’s just excuses for a poor start to the season.

Who? I’ve not seen anything reported anywhere?

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-11-2018, 10:10 AM
I am not sure if our starting eleven is actually known or indeed if we pick a formation based on players or the other way around.

Hibbyradge
04-11-2018, 10:14 AM
When I'm getting a take away, I always use the same restaurant, that way I know what I'm getting, consistency is the key..found somewhere I enjoy and I stick with it.

I like to try different restaurants, and different types of food and dishes.

NAE NOOKIE
04-11-2018, 01:31 PM
There have been plenty times where we have made multiple changes through choice. The lack of consistency isn’t all down to injuries. From week to week it’s anyone’s guess who will play and even what shape we’ll play.

It was even apparent during the game yesterday the way some players were shunted about the park. Boyle for instance started on the right, moved to the left, played in a two and ended up at right wing back.

I don't disagree … as I alluded to in my OP its not all down to injuries, but they are a major factor. Another poster called these things 'an excuse' but that's far too simplistic for me … settled teams tend to perform far better than teams being chopped and changed all the time and Hibs are no different.

I do agree that it seemed a bit daft to play Milligan at CH when Ryan Porteous has proved himself to be more than capable and Milligan is far more effective in midfield than at CH.

The_Sauz
04-11-2018, 04:48 PM
I don't disagree … as I alluded to in my OP its not all down to injuries, but they are a major factor. Another poster called these things 'an excuse' but that's far too simplistic for me … settled teams tend to perform far better than teams being chopped and changed all the time and Hibs are no different.

I do agree that it seemed a bit daft to play Milligan at CH when Ryan Porteous has proved himself to be more than capable and Milligan is far more effective in midfield than at CH.
With RP, I think it could be down to him being uncomfortable playing on the left side of the central defense and not having played badly :agree:

B.H.F.C
04-11-2018, 05:19 PM

To me, playing Milligan there was just to keep Bartley in the team.

The Bartley situation even sums up some of the strange decisions. Doesn’t start a game for three months, then comes back in as captain!

The Modfather
04-11-2018, 05:28 PM
Who? I’ve not seen anything reported anywhere?

Are you saying you think that we are the only team in the league to experience injuries this season?

Injuries are definitely hampering us, but we also aren’t getting enough out of those who are available at the moment.

tonyrougier123
05-11-2018, 12:31 AM
I think we are having the same start to season overall as last year,we should be beating st johnstone at home with squad we have,funnily enuf this time last year I was saying same thing wen a dire saints team was the last defeat I remember in league at easter road.summer was dissapointing for players who left,but hopefully we turn it around like last season and push up in to top 4 or 3,its still very doable.we miss key players at times but I think we shud b managing it better than the team is,or the formations arny working for us.boyle is best on right supplemented by david gray.milligan is best utilized in midfield holding,thats two things we do miss in the team for sure,but lennon and parker will know that.

MyJo
05-11-2018, 04:14 PM
We have achieved 6 points more in the games we've played than we did in the corresponding fixtures from last season (substituting St Mirren and Livingston for Partick Thistle and Ross County)

We have improved upon the results we achieved against Motherwell, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, Dundee & Hamilton last year with our results against St Johnstone, Hearts and St Mirren(Partick) the same. Only Celtic and Livingston(Ross County) have bettered the outcome of their fixtures from last season and its fair to say Livingston are a vastly different challenge to Ross County given the results they have achieved so far.

2017/18 results
Motherwell Home - Draw
St Johnstone Away - Draw
Aberdeen Home - Lost
Ross County Away - Won
Kilmarnock Home - Draw
Dundee Away - Draw
Partick Thistle Away - Won
Hamilton Home - Lost
Celtic Away - Draw
Hearts Away - Draw
St Johnstone Home - Lost

Total points 12.

2018/19 results
Motherwell Home - Won
St Johnstone Away - Draw
Aberdeen Home - Draw
Livingston Away - Lost
Kilmarnock Home - Won
Dundee Away - Won
St Mirren Away - Won
Hamilton Home - Won
Celtic Away - Lost
Hearts Away - Draw
St Johnstone Home - Lost

Total points 18

Lemonade
05-11-2018, 05:04 PM
Still only 1 point behind last year.

smack
05-11-2018, 09:24 PM
With RP, I think it could be down to him being uncomfortable playing on the left side of the central defense and not having played badly :agree:

Did a double take there. Thought you meant Rod Petrie