PDA

View Full Version : Milligan

SMAXXA
04-11-2018, 12:12 AM
Am I right in saying we’ve not won a game since we have taken him out of midfield and played him CB?

sahpaton
04-11-2018, 01:27 AM
Correct. Undefeated and 0 conceded in 4 games with him at CDM. 1 point and 5 goals conceded from 3 games with him playing CB.

Baader
04-11-2018, 01:47 AM
Needs to be moved back (or forward?!) into midfield. I would still have Porteous in defence.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
04-11-2018, 02:41 AM
Correct. Undefeated and 0 conceded in 4 games with him at CDM. 1 point and 5 goals conceded from 3 games with him playing CB.

Good example of misleading stats. Todays wad the only game we would have been expected to win in that sequence.

Baldy Foghorn
04-11-2018, 06:59 AM
Said so during game, he should have been in midfield, with Ryan at Centre back, not sure if Ryan is carrying a knock, but baffled by his omission

BILLYHIBS
04-11-2018, 07:28 AM
Can we have Milligan and Bartley in the same midfield?

My take on recent poor results is that Lenny seems to be struggling for bodies that he can trust rely upon and still does not know his best eleven as his options have been reduced by injuries to key players.

Bartley has been man of the match in the last two games by some observers so is difficult to drop. Milligan has struggled for pace and is badly missed in midfield when I played football if you had a good player who was slowing down the logical step was to move him back.

Porteous is conspicuous by his absence is he injured is he just being given a breather or has he been removed temporarily from the action and trust being put in more senior experienced players?

We have a lot of big games coming up.

Ken
04-11-2018, 07:56 AM
We need to play Milligan in defensive midfield and 4 at the back, with Efe at Centre half, with either Porteous or Hanlon. No point in having 3 centre backs and a defensive midfielder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we are hibs
04-11-2018, 07:56 AM
He was shocking at their goal yesterday.

SquashedFrogg
04-11-2018, 08:16 AM
He was shocking at their goal yesterday.

I'd say he strolled the match at centre half. Daz getting caught and giving away the free kick was to blame.

Happy to hear how he was 'shocking'?

Dancehibs
04-11-2018, 08:39 AM
I'd say he strolled the match at centre half. Daz getting caught and giving away the free kick was to blame.

Happy to hear how he was 'shocking'?
Watch the goal on tv. Want goal
side for starters . He’s a poor centre half

Nicho87
04-11-2018, 08:57 AM
I don’t get why Lennon has changed things so dramatically.

yeah it was only Hamilton we were playing but Michael Stewart was lavishing praise on Milligan just sitting in midfield with the 3 others bombing on to support a top two of Kamberi and Boyle.

i don’t understand what Porteous has done or not done maybe to be dropped when we were getting a good few clean sheets. Milligan is exposed at the back we saw that once in first half when he should have been booked.

get him as a holding midfielder where it was working.

J-C
04-11-2018, 09:00 AM
Watch the goal on tv. Want goal
side for starters . He’s a poor centre half

So poor that the Australian coach played him there in all 3 world cup games, get a grip. He made one mistake the whole game, defence wasn't the problem, we had a lightweight midfield void of any guile,we cried out for a McGinn and an Allan.

Dancehibs
04-11-2018, 09:01 AM
So poor that the Australian coach played him there in all 3 world cup games, get a grip. He made one mistake the whole game, defence wasn't the problem, we had a lightweight midfield void of any guile,we cried out for a McGinn and an Allan.
Was very poor at parkhead . When he played in midfield and defence

J-C
04-11-2018, 09:07 AM
Was very poor at parkhead . When he played in midfield and defence

Played the whole game in midfield and Lennon admitted he got the first half all wrong, Slivka out wide left gaps in the middle due to the lightweight others there, Milligan was chasing shadows due to the other players not doing their jobs. He was subbed in the 70th, so wasn't that bad.

B.H.F.C
04-11-2018, 09:16 AM
Played the whole game in midfield and Lennon admitted he got the first half all wrong, Slivka out wide left gaps in the middle due to the lightweight others there, Milligan was chasing shadows due to the other players not doing their jobs. He was subbed in the 70th, so wasn't that bad.

He played the first half an hour in midfield at Parkhead. Went to centre half when we moved from a back 3 to a back 4 and has been there ever since. It’s a bit baffling why someone who had such an influence in the middle of the park has found himself moved out of that position, even if he has played centre half before.

bookert
04-11-2018, 09:30 AM

My take on recent poor results is that Lenny seems to be struggling for bodies that he can trust rely upon and still does not know his best eleven as his options have been reduced by injuries to key players.

Bartley has been man of the match in the last two games by some observers so is difficult to drop. Milligan has struggled for pace and is badly missed in midfield when I played football if you had a good player who was slowing down the logical step was to move him back.

Porteous is conspicuous by his absence is he injured is he just being given a breather or has he been removed temporarily from the action and trust being put in more senior experienced players?

Think it's as simple as lennon likes a centre back that can play off his left foot for balance, with hanlon injured, only milligan is natural on his left.

Tyler Durden
04-11-2018, 10:08 AM

Baffled how people could think Marv was MOTM in these games. Hasn't played badly but could easily have been sent off on Wednesday for a daft tackle and conceded a penalty yesterday.

He's not as good as Milligan in midfield. Milligan isn't as good as Porteous at the back....... If only there was an obvious solution!

Tyler Durden
04-11-2018, 10:09 AM
Think it's as simple as lennon likes a centre back that can play off his left foot for balance, with hanlon injured, only milligan is natural on his left.

Milligan isn't left footed. I agree he looks comfortable there but it didn't bother Lennon to play Porteous on the left of the centre for the 4/5 games prior either

ancient hibee
04-11-2018, 11:05 AM
Baffled how people could think Marv was MOTM in these games. Hasn't played badly but could easily have been sent off on Wednesday for a daft tackle and conceded a penalty yesterday.

He's not as good as Milligan in midfield. Milligan isn't as good as Porteous at the back....... If only there was an obvious solution!

We all love Marvin because he fights for every ball but his thought processes are way behind Milligan's when it comes to moving the ball quickly . was amazed when Porteous didn't start the game and dumbfounded when Macgregor was brought on instead of him.Although the free kick was difficult to defend because they were all taller it was the giving it away by failing to head a routine hoof clear that cost us.

CMurdoch
04-11-2018, 05:27 PM

Thats where I am with this.
Milligan wasted at the back.