PDA

View Full Version : Tartan tornado

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 09:57 PM
About to start if anyone is interested. Come on Josh.

Scottie
03-11-2018, 09:59 PM
About to start if anyone is interested. Come on Josh.
Only on 'You Tube' I think ?

marinello59
03-11-2018, 10:00 PM

Aye. But easily streamed to your telly box thing.

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 10:04 PM

If you have something that may show it search boxing in fact most tellys have YouTube

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 10:05 PM
“Wbss” if anyone is searching online or YouTube

Sir David Gray
03-11-2018, 10:06 PM

If you have Sky Q it's simple to get it on your TV.

My_Wife_Camille
03-11-2018, 10:06 PM
Should be good but will be nothing on Rocky Balboa v Ivan Drago

Hiber-nation
03-11-2018, 10:08 PM

😂😂😂

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 10:14 PM

Isn’t that on Xmas day?

Jones28
03-11-2018, 10:25 PM
Looks like 5-0 Taylor

marinello59
03-11-2018, 10:27 PM
Taylor has been outstanding so far. Superb stuff.

kaimendhibs
03-11-2018, 10:40 PM
And he's won [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji1184][emoji1184][emoji1184][emoji1184]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

murray26
03-11-2018, 10:42 PM
Well done Josh Taylor convincing win..

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 10:47 PM
Future world champion. Congratulations Josh. Trains in Hibs tops and lives the cabbage and Scotland.

hibsboy69
03-11-2018, 10:48 PM
World class from Josh ! :top marks

H18 SFR
Just left the venue, great night.

son of haggart
That was the best performance I have seen from a Scottish boxer since that old Northfield man Buchanan against Laguna. Absolute class with the body punches. just has to not get complacent and he can win the whole caboodle

Tobias Funke
03-11-2018, 10:53 PM

:cb

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-11-2018, 11:02 PM
Well done Josh the Hibee 👊👍

Haymaker
03-11-2018, 11:06 PM

Years ago lad. It's all about Adonis Creed and Viktor Drago

sauzee6_2
03-11-2018, 11:14 PM
Thought he was superb, start to finish!

Tremendous Josh 👍🇳🇬🥊

Sir David Gray
03-11-2018, 11:26 PM
I watched the fight and not knowing a lot about boxing, the end confused me a bit. All the commentators seemed to agree that Taylor threw a punch which caught his opponent on the back of the head but then seemed to gloss over it and then moved on to talk about how well he had done.

I looked up punches to the back of the head and it seems to be illegal in boxing. Why wasn't more made about it and why wasn't Taylor disqualified?

Is it to do with intent? Taylor clearly didn't mean to punch him on the back of the head so that may be the reason but just wondered if someone with more boxing knowledge could confirm.

hibbysam
03-11-2018, 11:41 PM
I watched the fight and not knowing a lot about boxing, the end confused me a bit. All the commentators seemed to agree that Taylor threw a punch which caught his opponent on the back of the head but then seemed to gloss over it and then moved on to talk about how well he had done.

I looked up punches to the back of the head and it seems to be illegal in boxing. Why wasn't more made about it and why wasn't Taylor disqualified?

Is it to do with intent? Taylor clearly didn't mean to punch him on the back of the head so that may be the reason but just wondered if someone with more boxing knowledge could confirm.

Nobody said a punch landed on the back of the head, just that Martin claimed one had (more so out of desperation as he was getting a doing). Punches to the back of the head are illegal, however the referee deemed it legitimate, Martin then turned his back and stopped boxing therefore not protecting himself so the referee has no option but to end the fight.

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 11:45 PM
That was the best performance I have seen from a Scottish boxer since that old Northfield man Buchanan against Laguna. Absolute class with the body punches. just has to not get complacent and he can win the whole caboodle

It’s funny because he reminded me half of Buchanan with the movement and speed and then the body shots of Alex Arthur. The lads got it all. A nicer guy you will never meet either and a true Hibee

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 11:47 PM

It’s with intent which it clearly wasn’t. Josh was hitting a moving target and there was no turn of the back from the other chap.

Sir David Gray
04-11-2018, 12:08 AM
Nobody said a punch landed on the back of the head, just that Martin claimed one had (more so out of desperation as he was getting a doing). Punches to the back of the head are illegal, however the referee deemed it legitimate, Martin then turned his back and stopped boxing therefore not protecting himself so the referee has no option but to end the fight.

I'm almost certain I heard the commentators say that he had hit him on the back of the head.

It’s with intent which it clearly wasn’t. Josh was hitting a moving target and there was no turn of the back from the other chap.

Thanks that's what I thought and I agree it wasn't deliberate. The guy sort of turned his head round just as Taylor was in the process of the swinging the punch.

son of haggart
04-11-2018, 02:22 AM
It’s funny because he reminded me half of Buchanan with the movement and speed and then the body shots of Alex Arthur. The lads got it all. A nicer guy you will never meet either and a true Hibee

That was my point though the body shots were a class above. Buchanan had more movement andlighter touch skills but this lad has power and strength. looks a great prospect

Pity he's a hibbee !

I have a great memory of ken Buchanan doing the prize giving speech at Portobello High about 1970 - best speech ever

Stairway 2 7
04-11-2018, 08:10 AM
Would say that was taylors second no mas after Davis, Martin didn't want to know after realising he wasn't in same world skill wise. To be fighting so early for world title is rediculous, two tremendous fights coming up.

Just shows the farce of a council up for being about the only major city in Britain without an arena. Mind least they've put in millions of our tax money on another classical concert hall for there jollies and the 1% of the population that its for

hibbysam
04-11-2018, 08:14 AM
Would say that was taylors second no mas after Davis, Martin didn't want to know after realising he wasn't in same world skill wise. To be fighting so early for world title is rediculous, two tremendous fights coming up.

Just shows the farce of a council up for being about the only major city in Britain without an arena. Mind least they've put in millions of our tax money on another classical concert hall for there jollies and the 1% of the population that its for

Exactly. The fact Josh has to say he’s ‘bringing belts “home” to glasgow’ is absurd and shows how far behind Edinburgh is. Surely pays itself back in big sports events and concerts.