Callum_62
03-11-2018, 07:24 PM
He also add another option to our attacks

Whats actually up with him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
03-11-2018, 07:24 PM
When is he back? We desperately need his composure in the defence atm

Possibly No coincidence that the key times when he's been out have seen is relegated and fail to get promoted. Key member of the team.

Smartie
03-11-2018, 07:53 PM
Whilst Hanlon is a great player and it would be good to have him back, imo there was nothing wrong with the defence today.

Our problems lie at the other end.

The reliance we have on Kamberi is frightening, too many of our players look lost without him.

SideBurns
03-11-2018, 08:00 PM
Whilst Hanlon is a great player and it would be good to have him back, imo there was nothing wrong with the defence today.

The reliance we have on Kamberi is frightening, too many of our players look lost without him.

Maybe there wasn't too much wrong with the defence, but Hanlon is an attacking and intelligent centre-half; he's two-footed, carries the ball out from the back, and hits lovely long passes. In a game like today, he might just have made a difference. As much as we all love big Daz, he's not in the same class as Paul as an all-round footballer.

Hibeewilly
03-11-2018, 08:01 PM

Have to agree..... we offered absolutely nothing upfront. We slipped up in the window by not signing another striker especially one who can get his head on the end of crosses...…..the damage was done then. Kamberi getting himself stupidly sent off on Wednesday was a major influence on todays game as well

Smartie
03-11-2018, 08:04 PM
Maybe there wasn't too much wrong with the defence, but Hanlon is an attacking and intelligent centre-half; he's two-footed, carries the ball out from the back, and hits lovely long passes. In a game like today, he might just have made a difference. As much as we all love big Daz, he's not in the same class as Paul as an all-round footballer.

Daz made a mistake, and even then the mistake was giving away a free kick. We defend a fairly routine set piece and everyone forgets the mistake.

We huffed and puffed for 90 minutes and barely laid a glove on the Saints defence. That's where our priorities must lie after today.

SideBurns
03-11-2018, 08:11 PM
Daz made a mistake, and even then the mistake was giving away a free kick. We defend a fairly routine set piece and everyone forgets the mistake.

We huffed and puffed for 90 minutes and barely laid a glove on the Saints defence. That's where our priorities must lie after today.

Aye, not disagreeing - but Hanlon is good at carrying the ball out of defence and offering an option going forward. Efe does it on the right, but Paul can put teams on the back foot when stepping out on the left. To me, we're really missing Hanlon's versatility and all round talent.

Smartie
03-11-2018, 08:17 PM
Aye, not disagreeing - but Hanlon is good at carrying the ball out of defence and offering an option going forward. Efe does it on the right, but Paul can put teams on the back foot when stepping out on the left. To me, we're really missing Hanlon's versatility and all round talent.

Fair enough, and I don't disagree. Hanlon and Efe coming out of the defence with the ball were big features of our best play last season.

I also think it does Milligan a bit of a disservice though, who I thought was always trying to play football. His longer passing from defence could be a big threat if we got people into space more often.

Dancehibs
03-11-2018, 08:23 PM

Just seen goal. Daz caught out a bit when ref gave free kick. Kane was pulling daz also.

milligan defending on free kick was brutal

Blaster
03-11-2018, 08:24 PM

I like Bartley but he had to play today as Milligan was in defence. Hanlon would have made a big difference today.

SideBurns
03-11-2018, 08:26 PM
Fair enough, and I don't disagree. Hanlon and Efe coming out of the defence with the ball were big features of our best play last season.

I also think it does Milligan a bit of a disservice though, who I thought was always trying to play football. His longer passing from defence could be a big threat if we got people into space more often.

Milligan is a quality player and fine at the back, but I prefer him anchoring the midfield. Marv had another good game today, but Milligan is a better footballer and in ideal circumstances I'd like to see him sitting in front of the back 4 controlling and patrolling.

Smartie
03-11-2018, 08:28 PM
I like Bartley but he had to play today as Milligan was in defence. Hanlon would have made a big difference today.

It looked to me like today's team selection centred around accommodating Bartley.

He did well the other night and didn't deserve to be dropped. He can't really play in the same midfield as Milligan at home to St Johnstone, hence the reshuffle.

Lennon clearly likes Milligan so much he'd drop some big players in Daz and Porteous to accommodate him.

I share the concerns that others have on here and question whether or not this is the best way for us to play - but still think our problems lie further forward.

SideBurns
03-11-2018, 08:37 PM
It looked to me like today's team selection centred around accommodating Bartley.

He did well the other night and didn't deserve to be dropped. He can't really play in the same midfield as Milligan at home to St Johnstone, hence the reshuffle.

Lennon clearly likes Milligan so much he'd drop some big players in Daz and Porteous to accommodate him.

I share the concerns that others have on here and question whether or not this is the best way for us to play - but still think our problems lie further forward.

I'd certainly agree that we struggle up top when Kamberi is out. Maclaren struggles without his partner and there is no other option presently available who offers the physicality and threat Flo gives us.

Leith's finest
03-11-2018, 08:48 PM
I heard today Hanlon back in training, don't know what his injury was, but as other people saying we are a poor team without him

Saturday Boy
03-11-2018, 08:55 PM
I think we missed his long diagonal pass.

4 passes to get the ball across the back to Boyle was way too slow.

MacGruber
04-11-2018, 06:02 AM
I heard today Hanlon back in training, don't know what his injury was, but as other people saying we are a poor team without him

Lennon said in his pre match conference Hanlon was back training and Agyepong was back on the grass and both had a chance of being involved.

scoopyboy
04-11-2018, 06:41 AM

He suffered a dead leg which lead to calcification, an injury more associated with rugby players and one which Paul has previously had.

Medication used to cure it and as stated earlier back in training.

BILLYHIBS
04-11-2018, 06:48 AM

:confused:

What was Dazza doing then when he was all over Kane like a rash after making the cardinal error of letting the ball bounce and having to give away an unnecessary free kick which resulted in us losing a goal and three valuable points?:?

BILLYHIBS
04-11-2018, 06:52 AM

Sorry Smartie did not read the whole thread others pulled you up on the same point

CMurdoch
04-11-2018, 05:03 PM
He suffered a dead leg which lead to calcification, an injury more associated with rugby players and one which Paul has previously had.

Medication used to cure it and as stated earlier back in training.

Thanks for the info, glad to hear he is on the way back