PDA

View Full Version : Lennon away?

AugustaHibs
03-11-2018, 06:18 PM
See on Twitter the rumour is that he told players he’s planning on leaving?

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 06:20 PM
No chance. I really hope not anyway. He doesn’t seem the type of person to let ****ers win. He may have told the players that though as he did last season after a defeat.

Wilson
03-11-2018, 06:21 PM

Steve Clarke please.

lord bunberry
03-11-2018, 06:21 PM

I can’t see anything on Twitter have you got a link?

neil7908
03-11-2018, 06:23 PM
I really hope not but that's now a couple of times in the last 6 months that he's suggested he's considering his position.

I presumed these were outbursts but beginning to wonder.

Weegreenman
Wouldn’t surprise me. Life goes on with or without Lenny but I hope he stays and finishes what he’s started but with all that’s gone on, I totally would get it if he were to go.

SRHibs
I love Lennon as a manager but this is the second time he’s publicly “considered his position”. If it’s going to be the case that we’re on tenterhooks every few months, then I’d rather just cut to the chase and get someone else in.

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 06:24 PM
I really hope not but that's now a couple of times in the last 6 months that he's suggested he's considering his position.

I presumed these were outbursts but beginning to wonder.

He hates losing. I’ll put it down to that and that only. Monday mor I f we will be fine.

Diclonius

Northernhibee
That super reliable source. Don’t believe it.

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 06:25 PM
That super reliable source. Don’t believe it.

Definitely links to the players/ex players/ club.

Billy Whizz
03-11-2018, 06:26 PM
Definitely links to the players/ex players/ club.

You’d have throught if he’d told the players 2 and a half hours ago, it would have been out long before now

lord bunberry
03-11-2018, 06:26 PM
I love Lennon as a manager but this is the second time he’s publicly “considered his position”. If it’s going to be the case that we’re on tenterhooks every few months, then I’d rather just cut to the chase and get someone else in.

Has he though and was it publicly?

Jack Hackett
03-11-2018, 06:27 PM
News from who? Hibs? The players? Lenny himself? Some geezer in a pub?

Sceptical isn't the strongest word I could use

Sir David Gray
03-11-2018, 06:27 PM
Just like he was away after the defeat at Tynecastle last season and is still here 6 months later.

He is quoted as saying he loves his job with us. He's going nowhere.

wookie70
03-11-2018, 06:28 PM
To be honest I'd rather he went than keep saying he is considering his position. Very sad if the animals that throw coins and chant sectarian abuse win but he has to think of his safety and Hibs have to have a manager focused on our team and club.

neil7908
03-11-2018, 06:29 PM
Just like he was away after the defeat at Tynecastle last season and is still here 6 months later.

He is quoted as saying he loves his job with us. He's going nowhere.

Possibly but I do think it's not great for him to say publicly every few months that he might be leaving. After Wednesday I totally understand he's maybe thinking things over but don't think it helps to put that out publicly.

SRHibs
03-11-2018, 06:29 PM
Has he though and was it publicly?

Yes, after the Hearts game last season, and in the elongated interview about sectarian abuse. I don’t want to seem callous, or like I’m questioning the legitimatacy of the grievances that have brought him to this point, but my care is for Hibs.

SRHibs
03-11-2018, 06:30 PM
Possibly but I do think it's not great for him to say publicly every few months that he might be leaving. After Wednesday I totally understand he's maybe thinking things over but don't think it helps to put that out publicly.

Agreed. Not fair on the fans, players, or the club.

lord bunberry
03-11-2018, 06:30 PM
Yes, after the Hearts game last season, and in the elongated interview about sectarian abuse. I don’t want to seem callous, or like I’m questioning the legitimatacy of the grievances that have brought him to this point, but my care is for Hibs.

Personally I don’t think there’s anything in it.

judas
03-11-2018, 06:31 PM
He isn’t going now, but I wish he’d stop hinting toward it.

Hibbyradge
03-11-2018, 06:31 PM
I don't believe it.

hfc rd
03-11-2018, 06:32 PM
Can’t see this being reported anywhere on reputable sources such as Sky Sports or BBC so taking it as a pinch of salt.

Will be very gutted to see him go if this report is true which I hope it isn’t.

Billy Whizz
03-11-2018, 06:33 PM
Personally I don’t think there’s anything in it.

You’d have thought some of the news agencies would have picked it up, if it was true

Sir David Gray
03-11-2018, 06:34 PM

I don't blame him. His safety is at risk in Scotland and he's a target for every nutjob football yob in the country.

I hope he stays but if I was him, I really don't know if it would be worth the hassle. He could get a job in England for at least the same money and not have even half the amount of hassle that he gets up here.

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 06:35 PM
You’d have throught if he’d told the players 2 and a half hours ago, it would have been out long before now

True. 👍

lord bunberry
03-11-2018, 06:38 PM
You’d have thought some of the news agencies would have picked it up, if it was true

You would have thought so.

Viva_Palmeiras
Can’t see this being reported anywhere on reputable sources such as Sky Sports or BBC so taking it as a pinch of salt.

Will be very gutted to see him go if this report is true which I hope it isn’t.

Reminds me of the part in So I Married
An Axe Murderer.

https://youtu.be/cN9XUMUvAeM

Austinho
He was saying in the St Johnstone press conference a couple of days ago that he is very happy here and was going to see how the next year or two panned out.

Wilson
03-11-2018, 06:45 PM
Reminds me of the part in So I Married
An Axe Murderer.

https://youtu.be/cN9XUMUvAeM

Pregnant man gives birth. See - there's a fact.

emerald green
03-11-2018, 06:47 PM
Twatter. :rolleyes:

WhileTheChief..
03-11-2018, 06:47 PM
And in his Hibs tv interview he says he loves it here and will see how thing go over the next year or two.

matty_f
03-11-2018, 06:49 PM
Folks please can you discuss the topic rather than the source, thanks.

kaimendhibs
03-11-2018, 06:50 PM
Don't believe it for a nano second

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Joe6-2
03-11-2018, 06:51 PM
He hates losing. I’ll put it down to that and that only. Monday mor I f we will be fine.

He picked that team today!!

whiskyhibby
03-11-2018, 06:56 PM
This thread has the smell of freshly roasted Yam about it.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wilson
03-11-2018, 06:57 PM
And in his Hibs tv interview he says he loves it here and will see how thing go over the next year or two.

And Alex McLeish is here as long as we want him...

If you're point is manager's will say whatever suits them at that time then fine. Keep repeating it.

I

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2018, 06:58 PM
This thread has the smell of freshly roasted Yam about it.....

No it doesn't. A rumour has been posted on twitter and people are discussing it.

leither17
03-11-2018, 06:58 PM
Who is the source?

SirDavidsNapper
03-11-2018, 06:59 PM
Least year he was petulantly reconsidering his position after the derby and now this. IF it's true then time for him to go and get someone in who wants to be here. Getting sick of his actions to be honest. Seems to be a love in with him from some folk but not from me.

Jim44
I appreciate everything Lennon’s done at ER, but the ongoing trend of him wearing his heart on his sleeve, is bound to be having a negative effect on the players. I don’t see a quick fix to the situation so maybe a low key departure and an inspired appointment might be in the best interests of Lennon and the club. I think his stock is high enough to get him a decent job away from the sectarian cauldron of Scottish football and the squad he has assembled is good enough for a new manager to hit the job running. If he stays and things continue to spiral downwards, we could see ourselves in an ugly position for the second half of the season. :tin hat:

whiskyhibby
Who is the source?

Good question, because we all know that Twitter contains nothing but the absolute truth......

Zazu62
03-11-2018, 07:00 PM
Folks please can you discuss the topic rather than the source, thanks.

Why?

theonlywayisup
03-11-2018, 07:01 PM
Funny, on the way home, I thought wouldn't be surprised if Lennon decided to walk away.

He's not going to be happy losing to St. Johnstone, but let's remember that's our first home defeat for almost 11 months.

That said, he's here for the long term.

HNA1
03-11-2018, 07:02 PM
Why?

Legal reasons - that's all we'll say on it.

whiskyhibby
03-11-2018, 07:03 PM

Why .....is the source MI5? [emoji23][emoji23]

whiskyhibby
03-11-2018, 07:04 PM
Why can’t the source be questioned, is it MI5 ? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Elephant Stone
03-11-2018, 07:05 PM
Least year he was petulantly reconsidering his position after the derby and now this. IF it's true then time for him to go and get someone in who wants to be here. Getting sick of his actions to be honest. Seems to be a love in with him from some folk but not from me.

Now what? People have tried to kill him in this country for **** sake, have you any idea what it must feel like being as hated as he is? If he feels like his safety is at risk, and it evidently is, then I don't think it's entirely unreasonable that he might consider moving somewhere safer. Sick of his actions :hilarious Jesus Christ.

Ryan69

Anyone can write anything on twitter!

Its not really a good source of accurate information at times

leither17
I’m not seeing anything on Twitter

WoreTheGreen
03-11-2018, 07:06 PM

MFI more like

Jim44
03-11-2018, 07:07 PM
You can cast doubt and question the source of these rumours all you want but remember that Lennon himself has said he was taking stock of his position in Scotland.

lapsedhibee
03-11-2018, 07:09 PM
maybe a low key departure and an inspired appointment might be in the best interests of Lennon and the club.

The club's interests might be better served by speaking out against all the sectarian pish that goes on in Scottish fitba. Hibs can't eradicate sectarianism from society, but they can certainly try to do something about it week in, week out at The Glasgow Giants. Voting for strict liability would be a start.

whiskyhibby
03-11-2018, 07:11 PM
You can cast doubt and question the source of these rumours all you want but remember that Lennon himself has said he was taking stock of his position in Scotland.

And yet on the back of one of today’s papers he was quoted as saying that the incident on Wednesday would not drive him out of Scotland or Hibs

whiskyhibby
03-11-2018, 07:14 PM
The club's interests might be better served by speaking out against all the sectarian pish that goes on in Scottish fitba. Hibs can't eradicate sectarianism from society, but they can certainly try to do something about it week in, week out at The Glasgow Giants. Voting for strict liability would be a start.

Spot on!

Jim44
03-11-2018, 07:17 PM

I agree but farting against thunder springs to mind.

Vini1875
03-11-2018, 07:18 PM
Some unbelievable knee jerk reactions on this thread. Neil Lennon will go when a job he fancies in England comes up and he will go with my best wishes. People are reacting to a rumour, which seems based on a rumour.

Borderhibbie76
03-11-2018, 07:21 PM
Funny, on the way home, I thought wouldn't be surprised if Lennon decided to walk away.

He's not going to be happy losing to St. Johnstone, but let's remember that's our first home defeat for almost 11 months.

That said, he's here for the long term.He picked the team...and got it all wrong again so he needs to look in the mirror rather than another petulant outburst. I'd be delighted if he stayed but he's not blameless when it comes to us losing today

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sioux
A lot of people showing their true colours tonight.

Some so called Hibs fans deserve the likes of Butcher, Calderwood et al.

Elephant Stone
He picked the team...and got it all wrong again so he needs to look in the mirror rather than another petulant outburst. I'd be delighted if he stayed but he's not blameless when it comes to us losing today

What did he say during this petulant outburst?

Wilson
03-11-2018, 07:25 PM

Et al?

Stubbs?

Rubbish post.

Stuart93
03-11-2018, 07:27 PM
Surely we can say that the source on Twitter has had gripe with the board in the past, wouldn’t surprise me if some of it was fabricated

Borderhibbie76
What did he say during this petulant outburst?I was referring to the pre match press conference yesterday- I'm not convinced it was the best time for our manager to discuss everything that he's been subjected to in Scotland since his arrival here - yes it needed addressing but there is a time and a place imo. It took focus away from a very important match for us today and it showed with our frankly abysmal performance today. Lennon is not bigger than Hibs...but it sometimes feels like he is...especially after the last 2 derbies and it needs to stop.

PatHead
Who was the source?

Northernhibee
03-11-2018, 07:28 PM
Et al?

Stubbs?

Rubbish post.
Yep. Neil deserves support in regards to what he goes through but if this rumour was true then Hibs deserve a manager who won’t tgreaten to strop off after a loss.

FWIWI really don’t think the rumour is true and I think NL is a lot more professional than that.

whiskyhibby
03-11-2018, 07:28 PM
Can somebody post a link to the twitter post, those of you that have seen it and commented I mean, thanks

Jim44
03-11-2018, 07:29 PM
Some unbelievable knee jerk reactions on this thread. Neil Lennon will go when a job he fancies in England comes up and he will go with my best wishes. People are reacting to a rumour, which seems based on a rumour.

Is it also based on the rumour that the man himself has publicly said he must seriously consider his place in Scottish football? I don’t think folk here are actively chasing him out of his job ( most of us want him to stay ) but are seeing trends as ‘writing on the wall’.

wookie70
03-11-2018, 07:30 PM

Is anyone saying they want him to go. He said he was considering his position, understandably. If he walks that is his choice. I don't think he is as good as some on here but he is doing a good/very good job and I hope he stays for footballing reasons and also to stand up to the element that made him say he would consider his future .

Elephant Stone
03-11-2018, 07:31 PM
I was referring to the pre match press conference yesterday- I'm not convinced it was the best time for our manager to discuss everything that he's been subjected to in Scotland since his arrival here - yes it needed addressing but there is a time and a place imo. It took focus away from a very important match for us today and it showed with our frankly abysmal performance today. Lennon is not bigger than Hibs...but it sometimes feels like he is...especially after the last 2 derbies and it needs to stop.

Cannot even comprehend how a fair minded person could listen to what he said yesterday and think that was a petulant outburst, let alone a Hibs fan. Some sad reading on this thread.

whiskyhibby
03-11-2018, 07:31 PM
Can somebody post a link to the twitter post, those of you that have seen it and commented I mean, thanks

Still waiting, or is it a complete fabrication by the OP......

Northernhibee
03-11-2018, 07:32 PM
Cannot even comprehend how a fair minded person could listen to what he said yesterday and think that was a petulant outburst, let alone a Hibs fan. Some sad reading on this thread.

I’m pleased he spoke out about it. It shames the Scottish game and he did it eloquently.

whiskyhibby
03-11-2018, 07:33 PM

Well said

Hibs90
03-11-2018, 07:34 PM
Still waiting, or is it a complete fabrication by the OP......

Of course it is. Hence why no link, or quotes or anything.

One Day Soon
03-11-2018, 07:34 PM

This ****ty thread should be deleted.

Borderhibbie76
03-11-2018, 07:35 PM
Cannot even comprehend how a fair minded person could listen to what he said yesterday and think that was a petulant outburst, let alone a Hibs fan. Some sad reading on this thread.Wrong choice of words from me apologies but I wish he'd chosen another time to discuss the issue...not the day before we had a vital home game. I feared we'd get that sort of performance today as it looked as if the players and manager were not as focussed as they should have been on the match today. What Lennon said needed saying but I just think the timing was wrong. I hope he stays as he's a great manager but if he goes well we just have to move on I guess...

skankomcphee
03-11-2018, 07:36 PM

A search for #NeilLennon on twitter will inform you

Gordy M
03-11-2018, 07:38 PM
Of course it is. Hence why no link, or quotes or anything.

Tbf there was a link or screenshot to the tweetin question....it has since been removed on here.

whiskyhibby
03-11-2018, 07:38 PM
A search for #NeilLennon on twitter will inform you

I’ve had a look and there is absolutely nothing, more fake news....

sorrow sorrow
03-11-2018, 07:39 PM
The twitter account that reported this first definitely has close contacts inside the 1st team changing room