PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

BegbieHSC
03-11-2018, 05:20 PM
Now please

Ozyhibby
03-11-2018, 05:23 PM
Yip. Horgan and Hyndman offering nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRAZYHIBBY
03-11-2018, 05:23 PM
Aberdeen rangers blackpool and southampton also interested ive heard

cleanyman
03-11-2018, 05:25 PM
There surely has to be another player other than Allan. It's incredibly tiresome.

At the moment Hyndman, Horgan and Mallam just doesn't work. A real lack of quality.

Jones28
03-11-2018, 05:29 PM
Hyndman and Mallan are great wee players, technically gifted and really good in and around the opposition box. Horgan, the jury is out for me. Why he feels the need to take the ball and try and skin everyone within ten yards is baffling when he has that pace.

alihibs1
03-11-2018, 05:29 PM
Aberdeen rangers blackpool and southampton also interested ive heardSouthampton? Surely not.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
03-11-2018, 05:30 PM

We have missed the boat as far as Allan is concerned Today's game was crying out for one of his slide Rule disguised passes for McLaren to run on to We were so predictable today and just lacked ideas going forward

Centre Hawf
03-11-2018, 05:32 PM
Hyndman and Mallan are great wee players, technically gifted and really good in and around the opposition box. Horgan, the jury is out for me. Why he feels the need to take the ball and try and skin everyone within ten yards is baffling when he has that pace.

Hyndman does absolutely nothing. Mallan has something about him but isn't the complete package. Horgan I can't quite work out if he's a winger or not because he seems allergic to sticking to the touch line and trying to beat a man. Constantly wants to come inside as a number 10.

BegbieHSC
03-11-2018, 05:33 PM
We have missed the boat as far as Allan is concerned Today's game was crying out for one of his slide Rule disguised passes for McLaren to run on to We were so predictable today and just lacked ideas going forward

I seriously hope you’re wrong about us missing the boat 💔

tamig
There surely has to be another player other than Allan. It's incredibly tiresome.

At the moment Hyndman, Horgan and Mallam just doesn't work. A real lack of quality.

Have you seen Scott Allan playing for Hibs? He’s one of the most talented players I’ve ever seen playing for us. Players like him don’t grow on trees. We need HIM.

EH54
Hyndman does absolutely nothing. Mallan has something about him but isn't the complete package. Horgan I can't quite work out if he's a winger or not because he seems allergic to sticking to the touch line and trying to beat a man. Constantly wants to come inside as a number 10.

Horgan is a headless chicken. Hyndman is a player but he doesn't get on the ball enough, think the fact we haven't had Kamberi and maclaren both on the park has effected his game..

Deeds
03-11-2018, 05:42 PM
All the guys mentioned above are great players, but we need more than they are giving us. Concentration and effort all game

Allant1981
03-11-2018, 05:53 PM

horgan continually went past players today, or were you moaning about whittaker that much you missed that

J-C
03-11-2018, 05:54 PM

Maybe a reason why Preston were more than happy to offload Horgan, loads of running, twisting and turning but with zero end product, that 1st game of his may be a one off, just not good enough.

cleanyman
03-11-2018, 05:58 PM
horgan continually went past players today, or were you moaning about whittaker that much you missed that

Yep

Went past players and did nothing

I'm amazed we paid a fee for him

Allant1981
03-11-2018, 06:01 PM
Yep

sorry but thats wrong

cleanyman
03-11-2018, 06:02 PM
sorry but thats wrong

How

hibees 7062
03-11-2018, 06:03 PM

This is where he'll go

Allant1981
03-11-2018, 06:06 PM
How

id suggest watching the game again, or watching it for the first time

teabag
03-11-2018, 06:06 PM
sorry but thats wrong

He goes by players easily but is so slow to release the ball. His passing was as bad as everyone else's today too. Lots of chances to play someone else in but took too long or underhit thepass each time.

Very frustrating to watch today.

we are hibs
03-11-2018, 06:07 PM

Dear God.

Went past players then done what? Same with Hyndman. Finds space and then does absolutely nothing when he gets the ball. Offers zero defensively too.

Allant1981
03-11-2018, 06:09 PM
He goes by players easily but is so slow to release the ball. His passing was as bad as everyone else's today too. Lots of chances to play someone else in but took too long or underhit thepass each time.

Very frustrating to watch today.

yip he is frustrating to watch but for some to suggest he is like a headless chicken or offers nothing is just wrong

Ozyhibby
03-11-2018, 06:11 PM

Your like my own personal digital stalker.[emoji23]

cleanyman
03-11-2018, 06:12 PM
id suggest watching the game again, or watching it for the first time

Horgan did nothing today

To suggest otherwise is mental

Centre Hawf
03-11-2018, 06:12 PM
Horgan is a headless chicken. Hyndman is a player but he doesn't get on the ball enough, think the fact we haven't had Kamberi and maclaren both on the park has effected his game..

Hyndman has done nothing to deserve being described as a “Player” imo

Dancehibs
03-11-2018, 06:13 PM
Yep

After some early promise he looks poor. Was blowing out his backside in second half. Is he got pace? I’ve yet to see it. Lenny was shouting at him to pass. He runs into dead ends

jacomo
03-11-2018, 06:13 PM
Have you seen Scott Allan playing for Hibs? He’s one of the most talented players I’ve ever seen playing for us. Players like him don’t grow on trees. We need HIM.

And he needs US.

Allant1981
03-11-2018, 06:15 PM
Your like my own personal digital stalker.[emoji23]

nah you just post that much rubbish you are memorable

Jim44
03-11-2018, 09:56 PM
And he needs US.

I think it could be too late for SA. God knows what being a £8k a week nonentity for a whole season does to your mindset. There can’t be any upward moves for him at the end of his nightmare with Celtic and we might just be a lifeline for him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he sinks into even more obscurity.

Gaffer1875
03-11-2018, 10:37 PM
Can’t see Allan going to Sevco.

Horgan is a good player, was excellent at parkhead two weeks ago. Hyndman is ok but tends to go missing in the games.

Hope we can secure Scotty in January.

AgentDaleCooper
03-11-2018, 10:44 PM
if horgan was as clever upstairs as he was with his feet he'd be some player, but his decision making is just crap. hopefully he'll come good though :aok:

Smartie
03-11-2018, 10:51 PM
if horgan was as clever upstairs as he was with his feet he'd be some player, but his decision making is just crap. hopefully he'll come good though :aok:

There were a few occasions when he wasn't helped by the movement ahead of him.

If he'd had better movement then the decision he needed to make would have been more obvious.

The poor movement put doubt in his mind and imo led to him losing the ball on a few occasions.

calumhibee1
03-11-2018, 10:59 PM
Can’t see Allan going to Sevco.

Horgan is a good player, was excellent at parkhead two weeks ago. Hyndman is ok but tends to go missing in the games.

Hope we can secure Scotty in January.

Horgan has been half decent. His problem is that he’s quite inconsistent but then that’s the way of the winger really.

Hyndman however is showing nothing to suggest he’s good enough.

J-C
03-11-2018, 11:13 PM
Yep

He ran, then did a wee spin, ran some more then another about turn, never lifted his head, either got caught in possession or gave it away, zero end product, two words come to mind chicken and headless, not surprised Preston let him go.

Squirrel 1875
03-11-2018, 11:14 PM
A bad result and everyone starts piping up about Daryl Horgan! He looked dangerous today, the strikers were the problem. Jamie Maclaren has offered absolutely nothing since he signed, fact. Just a shame no one wants to say it about their wee fancy man.

He’s Simon Murray with black hair, an aussie accent and a goatee.

Squirrel 1875
03-11-2018, 11:15 PM
Also Hyndman has done nothing. How Horgan is getting a rougher ride I have no idea.

Smartie
03-11-2018, 11:21 PM
A bad result and everyone starts piping up about Daryl Horgan! He looked dangerous today, the strikers were the problem. Jamie Maclaren has offered absolutely nothing since he signed, fact. Just a shame no one wants to say it about their wee fancy man.

McLaren was very poor today, and there were a few occasions when he could have done more to help Horgan.

He had a superb second half to last season and struck up a great partnership with Flo, so I don't think we should go over the top with the criticism just yet.

And we've had far, far worse than Simon Murray too. No way he should be anything like the yardstick of poor quality.

Stuart93
03-11-2018, 11:22 PM

Pish. He was our best finisher last season imo and received absolutely zero service today. Him and flo complement each other perfectly yet they’ve not been given the chance too mainly due to Jamie’s injury. They’ll come good

Scouse Hibee
03-11-2018, 11:32 PM
Fed up of this SA pish. he would have made no difference today. We have no presence up front or anyone that can hold a ball up in the absence of Kamberi. We don’t need another midfielder, we need to strenghten the strikers and quickly.

marinello59
03-11-2018, 11:34 PM
Fed up of this SA pish. he would have made no difference today. We have no presence up front or anyone that can hold a ball up in the absence of Kamberi. We don’t need another midfielder, we need to strenghten the strikers and quickly.

Spot on.

IGRIGI
03-11-2018, 11:42 PM
With our lack of options up front I'd rather ask Grant Holt to put down the wrestling boots and give us one more season.

My_Wife_Camille
03-11-2018, 11:58 PM
Scott Allan and Hibs make a great pair. They go together like lamb and tuna fish

Zazu62
04-11-2018, 12:06 AM
We could have done with Simon Murray today

KeithTheHibby
04-11-2018, 08:57 AM

How have we missed the boat? As far as I can tell his position at Celtic hadn’t changed and will be available on a pre-contract come January?

J-C
04-11-2018, 09:12 AM
How have we missed the boat? As far as I can tell his position at Celtic hadn’t changed and will be available on a pre-contract come January?

Which in turn means he'll not be able to play till next season

Allant1981
04-11-2018, 09:56 AM
He ran, then did a wee spin, ran some more then another about turn, never lifted his head, either got caught in possession or gave it away, zero end product, two words come to mind chicken and headless, not surprised Preston let him go.

more rubbish from you

we are hibs
04-11-2018, 10:09 AM
We could have done with Simon Murray today

To do what? Run about like a headless chicken not scoring goals?

J-C
04-11-2018, 10:13 AM
more rubbish from you

Rich seeing some of your posts recently, I say it how I see it, he ran about a lot, did a few wee neat turns then did nowt with it.

JohnM1875
04-11-2018, 10:13 AM

Absolute bull. 'we don't need another midfielder' we 100% do. We don't have anyone who can see or play the passes Allan can.

Allant1981
04-11-2018, 10:16 AM
Rich seeing some of your posts recently, I say it how I see it, he ran about a lot, did a few wee neat turns then did nowt with it.

if you think my posts are nonsense i have no issue with it, i just know he is not a "headless chicken" type player

tamig
04-11-2018, 10:27 AM
Absolute bull. 'we don't need another midfielder' we 100% do. We don't have anyone who can see or play the passes Allan can.

Correct. I don’t get why anyone can’t see that.

BILLYHIBS
04-11-2018, 10:36 AM
Must be a lot of clubs looking at the Scott Allan situation.
Celtic have 43 players listed with EUFA for the Europa League
Scott Allan is not quoted
Brenda has said he has too many players in his first team squad and is looking to reduce this in January
Surely they would be open to terminating his contract or mutually agreeing a sensible buy out in order to reduce their overheads?

Scouse Hibee
04-11-2018, 10:37 AM

We need a striker in the window far more than we need Allan.

JohnM1875
04-11-2018, 10:41 AM
We need a striker in the window far more than we need Allan.

Who's going to be assisting those strikers?

For what it's worth I completely agree, we do need another striker. But I think signing Allan is just as important.

Weegreenman
04-11-2018, 10:41 AM

Simon Murray scored goals and had a celebration all of his own when he did so. I don’t see McLaren making up his own goal scoring celebration any time soon. He’s no better than Keatings for me, a player who struggled to get a sniff at the first team.

Scouse Hibee
04-11-2018, 12:06 PM
Who's going to be assisting those strikers?

For what it's worth I completely agree, we do need another striker. But I think signing Allan is just as important.

We were doing just fine, Milligan had come into the midfield, he can pick a pass and allowed Mallan more freedom. Playing Milligan at the back with two centre backs on the bench was crazy. I would have given Porteous the last twenty up front to at least win headers and give us a presence.

MWHIBBIES
04-11-2018, 12:34 PM
Must be a lot of clubs looking at the Scott Allan situation.
Celtic have 43 players listed with EUFA for the Europa League
Scott Allan is not quoted
Brenda has said he has too many players in his first team squad and is looking to reduce this in January
Surely they would be open to terminating his contract or mutually agreeing a sensible buy out in order to reduce their overheads?
They have 25 players listed, the maximum. The rest are 16/17 year olds who don't have to be registered.

brog
04-11-2018, 12:46 PM

Brandon Barker can't get a game at Preston. Not sure they're the best yardstick.

Billy Whizz
04-11-2018, 12:53 PM
Brandon Barker can't get a game at Preston. Not sure they're the best yardstick.

He’s just back from injury Brog

BILLYHIBS
04-11-2018, 12:55 PM
They have 25 players listed, the maximum. The rest are 16/17 year olds who don't have to be registered.
That’s why I haven’t heard of half of them then 😂
Still well oot the frame tho!

tamig
04-11-2018, 12:57 PM
We were doing just fine, Milligan had come into the midfield, he can pick a pass and allowed Mallan more freedom. Playing Milligan at the back with two centre backs on the bench was crazy. I would have given Porteous the last twenty up front to at least win headers and give us a presence.

Mallan and Milligan can only dream about having the vision and executing the type of pass SA makes on a frequent basis. Doing fine and doing very well are two different things.

BroxburnHibee
04-11-2018, 12:58 PM
He'll sign a pre-contract with Sevco in January.

Let it go.

Jim44
04-11-2018, 01:12 PM

Let it go.

This would not surprise me.

Tarrahib
04-11-2018, 03:09 PM
To do what? Run about like a headless chicken not scoring goals?
That's what we had on Saturday afternoon.Headless chickens,and not only in the forward line.

SirDavidsNapper
05-11-2018, 08:16 AM
Scott Allan hasn't kicked a ball in anger in months. If we signed him in January and threw him in he'd be so far off the pace and probably end up injured. Pre contract absolutely but too late to make much of an impact this season i feel.

hibees 7062
05-11-2018, 09:55 PM

Let it go.

Course he will :agree:

Eyrie
05-11-2018, 10:29 PM

Let it go.

When was the last time a first team (not youth) player left Celtc for either Sevco or Huns RIP?

CropleyWasGod
05-11-2018, 10:33 PM
When was the last time a first team (not youth) player left Celtc for either Sevco or Huns RIP?1918?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Firm

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

truehibernian
05-11-2018, 10:33 PM
I'm pretty confident Scott Allan will be a Hibs player in January.

BroxburnHibee
06-11-2018, 12:58 AM
When was the last time a first team (not youth) player left Celtc for either Sevco or Huns RIP?

Nothing to do with Celtic. He'll sign for whoever offers him the most money.

BILLYHIBS
06-11-2018, 07:42 AM
Yip! That sounds like the Scott Allan we all know and love though he would be a fool to sign for SEVCO if they and Stevie G are still there in 2019/20

JimBHibees
06-11-2018, 07:52 AM

Cant see him signing for Rangers too much hassle for him IMO.

Heisenberg
06-11-2018, 08:24 AM
I don’t see Rangers being too keen on snapping up a Celtc reject. They’ll be shopping in a different market.

WhileTheChief..
06-11-2018, 10:00 AM
I’d love it if we could get him back but fear that ship has sailed.

Hyndman is a player though. Hopefully he will get a run of games and become more established.

Mallon is superb, Horgan I’d say it’s still too early to say.

Gmack7
06-11-2018, 10:33 AM
I’d love it if we could get him back but fear that ship has sailed.

Hyndman is a player though. Hopefully he will get a run of games and become more established.

Mallon is superb, Horgan I’d say it’s still too early to say.
Hyndman might turn out to be a player but i expect him to go back to Bournemouth in January.Up till now he hasn't shown enough IMO

Brightside
06-11-2018, 10:40 AM
Hyndman might turn out to be a player but i expect him to go back to Bournemouth in January.Up till now he hasn't shown enough IMO

We could do with playing players in their best positions for a run of games - then we might see the best of Hyndman and Horgan, and Slivka for that matter.

green day
06-11-2018, 10:44 AM
We could do with playing players in their best positions for a run of games - then we might see the best of Hyndman and Horgan, and Slivka for that matter.

Aye, it must piss players off when they hear grumbling about their performances and they are pretty clearly not suited to that position.

The responsibility for that lies with Lennon and Parker - no player is going to ask not to play.

Brightside
06-11-2018, 11:03 AM
Aye, it must piss players off when they hear grumbling about their performances and they are pretty clearly not suited to that position.

The responsibility for that lies with Lennon and Parker - no player is going to ask not to play.

Injuries haven't helped us... but i struggle to slag off the players when the system is changing constantly.

we are hibs
06-11-2018, 12:03 PM
In what way has Hyndman been played out of position? Where should he be playing?

BoomtownHibees
06-11-2018, 12:23 PM
In what way has Hyndman been played out of position? Where should he be playing?

Sub 😉

calumhibee1
06-11-2018, 12:26 PM

Thought the same. From what I’ve seen he’s just not good enough.

Smartie
06-11-2018, 12:26 PM
In the right team I could see Hyndman being an absolutely fantastic player.

I just get a hunch that team is not going to be Hibs.

The 90+2
06-11-2018, 12:31 PM

Let it go.

No chance.

The 90+2
06-11-2018, 12:32 PM
I don’t see Rangers being too keen on snapping up a Celtc reject. They’ll be shopping in a different market.

I predict a one year deal with us or Aberdeen, be fantastic and then a pre contract with the huns.

Carheenlea
06-11-2018, 12:35 PM
We are definitely going to need to shuffle our pack a little in January, and Scott Allan is the stand out candidate to help us push on through the second half of season - desperately hoping we see him back at Hibs.

MrRobot
06-11-2018, 12:37 PM
Allan over Hyndman but I’d be happy with both.

BILLYHIBS
06-11-2018, 12:44 PM
I predict a one year deal with us or Aberdeen, be fantastic and then a pre contract with the huns.
Eh?

Brightside
06-11-2018, 01:49 PM

Number 10 behind a 2. I think we have only played that way twice? He was exceptional and the forum was raving about him.

Heisenberg
06-11-2018, 01:53 PM
Number 10 behind a 2. I think we have only played that way twice? He was exceptional and the forum was raving about him.

Horgan keeps getting played in behind the strikers and for me it’s just not coming off for him. As you say, Hyndman’s best position is there.

Brightside
06-11-2018, 01:55 PM
Horgan keeps getting played in behind the strikers and for me it’s just not coming off for him. As you say, Hyndman’s best position is there.

Horgan was great coming in off the wing...again im not sure what we keep chopping things about at the minute. Its really effecting our form.

The 90+2
06-11-2018, 02:28 PM
Eh?

He signs one year with us then a pre contract them.

J-C
06-11-2018, 02:44 PM

Horgan was great coming in off the wing...again im not sure what we keep chopping things about at the minute. Its really effecting our form.

Horgan is an inside forward who plays on the left and comes onto his stronger right leg, for some inexplicable reason Lennon wants him through the middle where Hyndman is a natural, it's another case of the round peg square hole syndrome. Just wish Lennon would pick the best players in their positions and leave well alone.

BILLYHIBS
06-11-2018, 10:00 PM
He signs one year with us then a pre contract them.
Under contract with Celtic till 30/6/19

Jim44
06-11-2018, 10:41 PM
Under contract with Celtic till 30/6/19

Money for old rope for him. Pity he values his wallet more than his potential career. I know, you can’t blame him.

jacomo
07-11-2018, 12:03 AM
[B]Horgan is an inside forward who plays on the left and comes onto his stronger right leg[B], for some inexplicable reason Lennon wants him through the middle where Hyndman is a natural, it's another case of the round peg square hole syndrome. Just wish Lennon would pick the best players in their positions and leave well alone.

You could say Danny Swanson is the same kind of player. Unfortunately it’s not the way we play, so we either change our shape or Horgan learns how to play a different position.

And Hyndman might be a natural but he’s just not been good enough as yet (he’s far from the only one in poor form though).

spike220
07-11-2018, 12:16 AM

Could Milligan play further forward?

Weegreenman
07-11-2018, 06:41 AM
Could Milligan play further forward?

Having missed quite a few games this season because of one thing or another, I got my first glimpse of Milligan on Saturday against St. Johnston. My over riding thought was that he looks like he’s been a player in his day, reads the game well but his lack of mobility/ pace really does hinder him.

J-C
07-11-2018, 07:07 AM
You could say Danny Swanson is the same kind of player. Unfortunately it’s not the way we play, so we either change our shape or Horgan learns how to play a different position.

And Hyndman might be a natural but he’s just not been good enough as yet (he’s far from the only one in poor form though).

Can't disagree here, I think we were all surprised with Lennon's buying this summer, snapping up all these attacking midfield players when he preferred to play 2 up top. Usually playing players like Horgan, Hyndman, Boyle etc means you only have room for 1 striker, Kamberi is easily capable of playing on his own but McLaren is too small and lightweight to do so, Lennon has tried to get round this by playing Boyle up top and let him float about with no real position, this hasn't worked.
Find a system that suits the players and stop trying to fit players into positions just to suit.