PDA

View Full Version : Proven goal scorer required!

James32-90
03-11-2018, 04:59 PM
How many more points are we going to drop due to lack of goal scorers in team. 3 strikers in the whole team. Sorry boyler is not a striker

madhatter
03-11-2018, 05:01 PM
And a midfield and defence. Slivka, Horgan and Whittaker are proving useless. Porteous should be a guaranteed starter as far as I'm concerned.

James32-90
03-11-2018, 05:03 PM
And a midfield and defence. Slivka, Horgan and Whittaker are proving useless. Porteous should be a guaranteed starter as far as I'm concerned.

Definitely dropped to many points this season.

Borderhibbie76
03-11-2018, 05:14 PM
Today again hammered home we are a decent striker short. Without Flo we always struggle - bad error not to sign another striker in summer window and must be sorted in Jan

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hibernian32
03-11-2018, 05:15 PM
We have been unlucky with Jamie mac picking up injurys, kamberi with suspension but I do agree we should have another decentish back up, lack of goals okay we've only not scored in our last two games this season so I don't see where this is coming from, a week ago people where saying we've got goals all over the park, our unbeating run at home had to come to a end at some point all though we could have gained points on them today which makes it a little bitter to take. Keep the heads Jamies getting mins under his belt today and flo is back next week, we are only just into the first round of fixtures I'm sure we'll be okay keep the faith

:nlgwa

James32-90
03-11-2018, 05:15 PM
Said this on another post. Lost to many points due to not finishing or getting the goal.

Forza Fred
03-11-2018, 05:18 PM
Today again hammered home we are a decent striker short. Without Flo we always struggle - bad error not to sign another striker in summer window and must be sorted in Jan

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Agree with this, we ARE short in the striking department.

And one that could pose any kind of threat in the air would be most welcome.

Hi Heid Yin
03-11-2018, 05:40 PM
Only Celtic and Sevco have scored more league goals than our boys this season (The Jambos have scored only 19 to our 21), so, I don't feel that we need another striker.

I think there has been too much experimenting by Neil, who is at least honest - putting up his hands (publicly) and questioning his own selections and tactics.

I think frustration has got the better of him and he has "tinkered" to the detriment of the team and stability and the most effective line up - playing Milligan, for example, at the back when Milligan has proven himself to be absolutely crucial and effective as midfield anchor - and pushing Ambrose out wide is also another questionable decision.

Losing sight of playing the best players in their best position has affected our game -resulting in bitty performances and inconsistency.

Without question we have one of the strongest first teams in the SPL, but constant change (and to be fair, injury and suspension issues have also impacted) will always result in hit and miss performances - thus we find ourselves mid-table-ish at this stage.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2018, 05:41 PM

How is Slivka proving useless? He played 10 minutes.

Diclonius
03-11-2018, 05:44 PM
https://www.psv.nl/upload_mm/c/5/e/e62df7eb-08ed-4c8f-a5cc-34cc82365b8f_psvjeugd_team_a1_2006_2007-595_genero_zeefuik_215x300.jpg

Fife-Hibee
03-11-2018, 05:46 PM
It's not more players we require, it's a settled formation with a clear set of tactics and instructions for each individual player.

hibeerealist
03-11-2018, 05:47 PM
How is Slivka proving useless? He played 10 minutes.

That was was more than enough for me, he is very poor and for a big fella he is pretty timid. We have to have better than that on the bench

Libby Hibby
03-11-2018, 05:50 PM
We score 6 with Milligan in midfield and then play him centre half with 2 proven Center backs on the bench...bizarre

delbert
03-11-2018, 05:58 PM
How many more points are we going to drop due to lack of goal scorers in team. 3 strikers in the whole team. Sorry boyler is not a striker

People who pointed out towards the end of the last window that we were at least one striker short were called everything from daft to bedwetters. Well I think today a half fit McLaren and Kamberi in the stand proved that point fairly conclusively and whilst there is no doubt Lennon is 100% the man for the job and the best we have had in over a generation, it’s puzzling that he didn’t spot this when it was so blindingly obvious and we are stuck in this scenario till after the turn of the year. One attacker short shouldn’t harm any team as much as it does us, but this is where we are for the foreseeable future.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2018, 05:59 PM
That was was more than enough for me, he is very poor and for a big fella he is pretty timid. We have to have better than that on the bench

Ah right, that's it then. 10 minutes and he's very poor. Away you go. Nonsense.

Anyone who thinks simply because a footballer is tall he should be a big hard man winning tackles and headers is a moron. Slivka is a classy footballer who does well with the ball at his feet. He doesn't do well with 10 minute appearances and being played out of position. Hibs have never had a stronger bench than we do now when everyone is fit.

whereswallace?
03-11-2018, 06:06 PM
I’m not even sure the striker has to be a proven goal scorer, I think someone that can hold a ball in and let our more attacking players get in the game would help because it’s clear without Kamberi we just don’t seem to function. Definitely short in that department.

Scotty Leither
03-11-2018, 06:15 PM
We've been here for a year now...couple of injuries and suspensions up top and we're reduced to putting pressure on Shaw to bear the responsibility of scoring or bringing in the laddie Allan for a couple of games then him disappearing out of sight again.

2 transfer windows since last January, a big ticket fee in, and we've a thin squad that limits the manager's options.

Not good enough, sorry.

Stuart93
03-11-2018, 06:15 PM
We need a presence up there especially when kamberi’s out.

wookie70
03-11-2018, 06:51 PM
Proven goal scorer required!
Yes since at least July but arguably a good bit longer. Shaw, particularly as Lennon seems to have lost trust in him, and Boyle aren't good enough when there is an injury

Allant1981
03-11-2018, 06:53 PM
Proven goal scorer required!
Yes since at least July but arguably a good bit longer. Shaw, particularly as Lennon seems to have lost trust in him, and Boyle aren't good enough when there is an injury

has boyle not scored the same amount of league goals as kamberi this season so far?

My_Wife_Camille
03-11-2018, 06:55 PM
We badly need something else up front as I just don’t see it happenings for Shaw unfortunately. I can’t see him scoring more than another couple of goals between now and the end of the season.

Cod Boy
03-11-2018, 06:56 PM
Signed a left and right wing backs after window was closed. Both getting next to nothing game time if the the Greek boy can’t get a game at the moment he as no chance as Gray will get in team before him when fit. Could have used these wages to bring a striker in

LaMotta
03-11-2018, 06:59 PM
Ah right, that's it then. 10 minutes and he's very poor. Away you go. Nonsense.

Anyone who thinks simply because a footballer is tall he should be a big hard man winning tackles and headers is a moron. Slivka is a classy footballer who does well with the ball at his feet. He doesn't do well with 10 minute appearances and being played out of position. Hibs have never had a stronger bench than we do now when everyone is fit.

He is not useless but I keep reading from some that Slivka is a classy player, that he is a "baller".

Based on his performances in a Hibs shirt though, he is an average to decent SPFL player churning out 6 or 7 out of ten performances on a regular basis. People have been well and truly duped by the Juventus link and the fact he has some Intermational caps - neither of which are real evidence of anything.

His contribution when he came on today was very poor, but having said all the above I would still rather have in the team than Hyndman.

We really need better than both though to kick on.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2018, 07:03 PM
He is not useless but I keep reading from some that Slivka is a classy player, that he is a "baller".

Based on his performances in a Hibs shirt though, he is an average to decent SPFL player churning out 6 or 7 out of ten performances on a regular basis. People have been well and truly duped by the Juventus link and the fact he has some Intermational caps - neither of which are real evidence of anything.

His contribution when he came on today was very poor, but having said all the above I would still rather have in the team than Hyndman.

We really need better than both though to kick on.

I couldn't care less about his Juventus link, he's good and that's based on what I see with me eyes.

LaMotta
03-11-2018, 07:06 PM
I couldn't care less about his Juventus link, he's good and that's based on what I see with me eyes.

The fact you dont rate David Gray but think Slivka is a great player tells me all I need to know about your eyes.

wookie70
03-11-2018, 07:10 PM
has boyle not scored the same amount of league goals as kamberi this season so far?
He might have got that many playing wide and been more effective

Allant1981
03-11-2018, 07:11 PM
He might have got that many playing wide and been more effective

and he might not have