The 90+2
03-11-2018, 04:57 PM
Absolutely no debate.

Joe6-2
03-11-2018, 04:58 PM
Yes

California-Hibs
03-11-2018, 04:59 PM
Not sure who that was playing today but that definitely wasn't the Hibs im used to watching. Absolutely terrible today!!

Ozyhibby
03-11-2018, 05:01 PM
Yip. McLaren up front on his own was painful to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zazu62
03-11-2018, 05:02 PM
Is Kamberi suspended for the next game?

hibee_girl
Yip. McLaren up front on his own was painful to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He can’t do it on his own, Shaw should have been on from the start with him to at least give us a chance

Green-Hibee-7
Go and get Boyle playing back out wide constantly. Last few weeks playing him upfront we lose so much creativity. Played at spells today outwide but came in far to much. So disappointing the day it’s frustrating!

EH54
03-11-2018, 05:03 PM
Last 3 games he's started with the wrong team. During the week I'll give him benefit of doubt with his subs due to the sending off..today his subs were absoloutely baffling. Moving players out of position for the sake of it..bringing a defender on when we need a goal..shaw was the change earlier with Boyle to wing back for me. Really annoyed at that today.

hibee_girl
03-11-2018, 05:03 PM
Is Kamberi suspended for the next game?

No, he’ll be fine for Aberdeen. Any suspension from going over the yellow card threshold would kick in 14 days from the derby.

Joe6-2
03-11-2018, 05:06 PM
Last 3 games he's started with the wrong team. During the week I'll give him benefit of doubt with his subs due to the sending off..today his subs were absoloutely baffling. Moving players out of position for the sake of it..bringing a defender on when we need a goal..shaw was the change earlier with Boyle to wing back for me. Really annoyed at that today.

This

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 05:07 PM

👍👍 spot on mate.

WhileTheChief..
03-11-2018, 05:08 PM
Final whistle has barely blown and someone is on here to place blame already.

Load of crap.

cleanyman
03-11-2018, 05:08 PM
He gets consistently schooled by Wright and McInnes.

Poor stuff

Jim44
03-11-2018, 05:10 PM
I think Lennon’s distracted and in a bad place just now. Do the players sense this?

Borderhibbie76
03-11-2018, 05:10 PM
Yup not for the the 1st time I've said it previously some of lenny's starting 11s are baffling..today was no different and the subs bizarre. Why move Ambrose to rb when we have an RB on the bench?? And Maclaren cannot play upfront alone....

We were brutal today so poor

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

neil7908
03-11-2018, 05:11 PM
I love Lennon but some of his selections are baffling. 1 up front does not work for us and we have left ourselves far too exposed up front with only 3 forwards in the squad.

Contrast that with Gray, Whittaker, Ambrose and the new Greek guy that can all play at right back.

His default seems to be cautious, defensive approach and I wish he'd show a bit more adventure.

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 05:11 PM
Final whistle has barely blown and someone is on here to place blame already.

Load of crap.

Aye, must be bigots etc etc. Time to now concentrate on our side and today it’s was shocking.

Benny Brazil
03-11-2018, 05:13 PM
I think Lennon’s distracted and in a bad place just now. Do the players sense this?

The players should be pulling together for the Manager if he is going through a tough time

SChibs
03-11-2018, 05:14 PM
I don't get why he brought on McGregor. It should have been Porteous imo.

Forza Fred
03-11-2018, 05:14 PM
Gee what a fickle lot are on here!

NO middle ground, its either Hero or Zero!

In regards to MacLaren, in his defence he is not and never was anywhere near a direct replacement for Kamberi.

Flo holds the ball up and uses his physical presence, whereas Jamie plays off the shoulder of a defender....they both complement each other and add to their effectiveness when playing together, but both completely different style wise.

A bad day at the office defiinitely, but surely a time for calm reflection as opposed to grabbing the pitchforks and joining a mob......

IGRIGI
03-11-2018, 05:16 PM
I'm a huge fan of Lennon but too many times he picks a starting line up that has everyone scratching their heads and leads to dropped points.

Ell_Chrisso
03-11-2018, 05:19 PM
Agree 100%

Milligan brought into midfield and the team for weeks looks settled and playing well. One defeat to Celtic away and we’re changing everything all over the place again

whiskas
03-11-2018, 05:19 PM

In regards to MacLaren, in his defence he is not and never was anywhere near a direct replacement for Kamberi.

Flo holds the ball up and uses his physical presence, whereas Jamie plays off the shoulder of a defender....they both complement each other and add to their effectiveness when playing together, but both completely different style wise.

A bad day at the office defiinitely, but surely a time for calm reflection as opposed to grabbing the pitchforks and joining a mob......

The problem we’ve got is that without Kamberi we’ve got no one who can win headers or hold the ball up. Boyle and maclaren are too similar and Shaw is still a bit raw

Pete
03-11-2018, 05:21 PM
The players should be pulling together for the Manager if he is going through a tough time

They should be but it could subconsciously work the other way when they hear things like the manager considering his position.

I’m sure we will get it sorted for next week and will come roaring back. We always do 👍🏼

shamo9
Need to get Milligan back in midfield. He should only play centre back as a last resort. Our best football has come with him playing centre mid. Without him in there the midfield is sloppy and slow with the ball and easily overrun without it.

rotherhamrob
Why has milligan been moved to the back?
We've played good football with him in front of the back 4 and not conceded.
Also is porteous injured? As I can't figure why he's been dropped.

Golden Bear
03-11-2018, 05:22 PM
Absolutely no debate.

Correct. The team selection was a nonsense, what eventually happened was entirely predictable.

Dancehibs
03-11-2018, 05:22 PM
Lenny out EH54 in

Jones28
03-11-2018, 05:23 PM

Poor stuff

Wright yes, not Mcinnes

skipster7
03-11-2018, 05:25 PM
Get Milligan back in midfield and 4 at the back. Boyle right mid, Milligan and Mallan central with left side up for grabs. 2 up top especially at home.
Simple but the most effective set up with our current squad imo:agree:

Hi Heid Yin
03-11-2018, 05:25 PM

I was thinking the same thing.
It's been a terrible week for Neil Lennon with all the off-field controversies, and on top of that he has witnessed the shortcomings of our boys in the last 3 games.
To say he is frustrated would be an understatement.
When he talks in terms of "considering his future in Scotland" it raises the question of "commitment" to the Hibernian cause.
I'm sure that this does not help any of the players as they enter the field of play.
This is where his deputy Gary Parker needs to step up to the mark and help out the players re: the mental side of the game and focussing on the on-field stuff only.

Jones28
03-11-2018, 05:30 PM
I just don't get the need to fiddle with formations 3 or 4 times a game.

Fife-Hibee
03-11-2018, 05:32 PM
It doesn't help when you say within 24 hours of the game that you're considering leaving. You just don't come out with that right before a game.

JimmyL
03-11-2018, 05:33 PM
Don’t understand a midfielder at centre half with two on the bench!

Paisley Hibby
03-11-2018, 05:35 PM
I think he'd decided to play Bartley today, come what may, and the way we were set up flowed from that. Not pretty to watch compared with the Hamilton game. But to be fair, we had more than enough chances to win long before we gifted them that late goal.

Fife-Hibee
03-11-2018, 05:37 PM
I think he'd decided to play Bartley today, come what may, and the way we were set up flowed from that. Not pretty to watch compared with the Hamilton game. But to be fair, we had more than enough chances to win long before we gifted them that late goal.

Although we were decent in that game, Hamilton were absolutely rank rotten. We won't get a break like that for the rest of the season.

Scotty Leither
03-11-2018, 05:37 PM

Nobody's lighting the burning torches Fred...we've no game changers in midfield and nobody up front to take the ball in - i'd argue that's not even Kamberi's strength. We got sold short in the transfer window by the Board and we're paying the price now.

I've watched that same movie time and again where we can't put a glove on any team that have physical defenders, and the "be patient" mantra is wearing thin.

WillowbraeHibby
03-11-2018, 05:40 PM
It doesn't help when you say within 24 hours of the game that you're considering leaving. You just don't come out with that right before a game.

Have to agree with you. God only knows what is going on?

EH54
03-11-2018, 05:40 PM
Lenny out EH54 in

It's true though, we have at least 2 players for every position, when someone is injured or suspended the transition should be seamless. We've got players playing one position one week then another the following week, and quite often playing 2 and 3 positions in one game. The reason we were so good after January last season is because we had a settled team and formation.

WillowbraeHibby
03-11-2018, 05:45 PM

Have to agree with you. God only knows what is going on?

J-C
03-11-2018, 05:49 PM
Too many changes from week to week, the players seem to look like they dont know what theyre meant to be doing, at times today it was like watching Stubbs Championship tsams, loads of passing side to side then back again without any cutting edge forward play.

wookie70
03-11-2018, 06:02 PM
There is definitely some mitigation because of injury but the squad was lacking balance from the start of the season and we really don't have a shape or a semblance of a consistent starting 11. Too many players conflict with each other rather than compliment each other and it looks like we have bought individuals rather than building a team and squad. The partnership that worked best, up top, has never got going due to injury and fitness and neither player looks as good individually as they did together. Hope they both get fit and get a run of games as we may struggle without that.

We often start games very slowly and some of our substitutions make no sense whatsoever, today being a good example of that. I think we have a middle of the league squad this year which will finish 6th or 7th unless we are very lucky with injuries and suspensions or have a good January window.

St Johnstone have a manager working with a small budget who has completely changed their team, made the squad younger and actually got them playing some decent stuff. Their final ball was far better than ours, their shape infinitely better and their passing sharper, quicker and more accurate. His substitution changed and won the game for them. If Lennon does go we would do well to get Wright who only has 7 months of a contract left.

Callum_62
03-11-2018, 06:05 PM
There is definitely some mitigation because of injury but the squad was lacking balance from the start of the season and we really don't have a shape or a semblance of a consistent starting 11. Too many players conflict with each other rather than compliment each other and it looks like we have bought individuals rather than building a team and squad. The partnership that worked best, up top, has never got going due to injury and fitness and neither player looks as good individually as they did together. Hope they both get fit and get a run of games as we may struggle without that.

We often start games very slowly and some of our substitutions make no sense whatsoever, today being a good example of that. I think we have a middle of the league squad this year which will finish 6th or 7th unless we are very lucky with injuries and suspensions or have a good January window.

St Johnstone have a manager working with a small budget who has completely changed their team, made the squad younger and actually got them playing some decent stuff. Their final ball was far better than ours, their shape infinitely better and their passing sharper, quicker and more accurate. His substitution changed and won the game for them. If Lennon does go we would do well to get Wright who only has 7 months of a contract left.

Who was probably being questioned with the sack 4 games ago

Fitbaw fans are so so fickle

O'Rourke3
03-11-2018, 06:08 PM
Milligan can fit in as a natural left sided CB. Marv is the best replacement for Milligan in Midfield. Whittaker deserved a start an RB in a back four after his performance in Wednesday. LEnnon has not been fiddling with the team. He's had to adjust due to injury or suspension. Add a team who were tired after a derby and a period with 10 men, then it was likely to be flat. Seems obvious.

ShadesLongThrow
03-11-2018, 06:09 PM
Worst decision today for me was taking off Hyndman. When he went off we really missed his energy and huge gaps appeared in midfield. Maybe doesn’t do the flashy stuff we had last season with STM, SA and DM but he really puts in a shift and the team are better with him in it.

Mr Grieves
03-11-2018, 06:10 PM

I would agree with most of your post except the part about St Johnstone playing decent stuff. Their style, although very effective, is crap to watch.

ancient hibee
03-11-2018, 06:17 PM
Worst decision today for me was taking off Hyndman. When he went off we really missed his energy and huge gaps appeared in midfield. Maybe doesn’t do the flashy stuff we had last season with STM, SA and DM but he really puts in a shift and the team are better with him in it.
Spot on although I think that the decision to bring on McGregor instead of Porteous when we were struggling in the air at the back was probably the worst mistake.Cost us the game.

Dancehibs
03-11-2018, 06:18 PM
Wow. Hyndman has no energy. He wants to get on the ball and thread balls through. He has zero energy when we don’t have the ball. Contributes zero when we aren’t in possession. Like most of our midfield.

lenny has recruited an unbalanced midfield

wookie70
03-11-2018, 06:22 PM
I would agree with most of your post except the part about St Johnstone playing decent stuff. Their style, although very effective, is crap to watch.

I said they played some decent stuff. They play percentage football but when they expand they looked far more dangerous than us and more purposeful. Their style is to play narrow and keep it tight. Nothing wrong with that away from home against a team with far bigger resources. Our problem was we could combat that last year because we had great width through Boyle and Barker. This year it is Whits and Lewis doing most of the crossing and today it was poor and there wasn't anyone to get on the end of it anyway.

BullsCloseHibs
03-11-2018, 06:22 PM
Imagine getting beaten by a Tommy Wright team. Absolutely horrendous. The guy is a football joke.

BullsCloseHibs
03-11-2018, 06:23 PM
Wow. Hyndman has no energy. He wants to get on the ball and thread balls through. He has zero energy we we don’t have the ball. Contributes zero when we aren’t in possession. Like most of our midfield.

Good piece mate.

wookie70
03-11-2018, 06:23 PM
Imagine getting beaten by a Tommy Wright team. Absolutely horrendous. The guy is a football joke.

Is that serious, he beats us more than we beat him

skipster7
03-11-2018, 06:27 PM
Milligan can fit in as a natural left sided CB. Marv is the best replacement for Milligan in Midfield. Whittaker deserved a start an RB in a back four after his performance in Wednesday. LEnnon has not been fiddling with the team. He's had to adjust due to injury or suspension. Add a team who were tired after a derby and a period with 10 men, then it was likely to be flat. Seems obvious.
Yes he can play there but not when we have proper CHs on the bench. Bartley adds a bit muscle but has no passing or shooting ability and should only be used for certain occasions. Also playing Boyle up top doesn't work as his pace is missed wide. So yes i think there's been a fair bit of pissing about with unnecessary positional changes which we dont need with important players missing.

Allant1981
03-11-2018, 06:28 PM
Yes he can play there but not when we have proper CHs on the bench. Bartley adds a bit muscle but has no passing or shooting ability and should only be used for certain occasions. Also playing Boyle up top doesn't work as his pace is missed wide. So yes i think there's been a fair bit of pissing about with unnecessary positional changes which we dont need with important players missing.

did you actually watch the game on wednesday or today? if so then you will see bartleys passing game was very good, neat and tidy, andboyles pace up front worked well for his goal against celtic, our midfielders just need to realise how to take advantage of it

CapitalGreen
03-11-2018, 06:35 PM
did you actually watch the game on wednesday or today? if so then you will see bartleys passing game was very good, neat and tidy, andboyles pace up front worked well for his goal against celtic, our midfielders just need to realise how to take advantage of it

You’re easily pleased

Allant1981
03-11-2018, 06:35 PM
You’re easily pleased

am i? where did i say that?

Viva_Palmeiras
03-11-2018, 06:36 PM
Absolutely no debate.

Thread closed then...

skipster7
03-11-2018, 06:40 PM
Yes i did unfortunately. Bartley has a role to play in certain games but is the least talented midfielder we have on the ball. Milligan far superior on the ball while doing the same job.Disagree completely re Boyle. Good goal v Celtic but hows he done in the other games up front ? Would be far better wide where he can be far more effective while playing strikers up front making strikers runs.

ShadesLongThrow
03-11-2018, 06:40 PM
Wow. Hyndman has no energy. He wants to get on the ball and thread balls through. He has zero energy we we don’t have the ball. Contributes zero when we aren’t in possession. Like most of our midfield.

Disagree with you about Hyndman. Huge gap centre midfield when he went off. Opinions though eh!

O'Rourke3
03-11-2018, 06:41 PM

Milligan is a proper centre half - where he played for Australia in the last World Cup. His preferred position is midfield.

WhileTheChief..
03-11-2018, 06:43 PM
Aye, must be bigots etc etc. Time to now concentrate on our side and today it’s was shocking.

Fine, today was bad, but do you need to post about it before everyone is out the ground?

It’s like you couldn’t wait.

Is it always someone’s fault when we lose a game? Gotta blame someone?

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 06:46 PM
Thread closed then...

Evidently not.

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 06:49 PM
Fine, today was bad, but do you need to post about it before everyone is out the ground?

It’s like you couldn’t wait.

Is it always someone’s fault when we lose a game? Gotta blame someone?

Sorry I didn’t post it before the ground was cleared. Calm yourself down and gives a pm if you want to indicate when it’s allowed to post it was minging today.

Yes, it was the managers fault we lost today and didn’t win on Wednesday. Neil gets a lot of rightly when due credit off our support but the team and shape has been shocking the last two games and we now find ourselves mid table 8 points behind they rats.

skipster7
03-11-2018, 06:50 PM
Milligan is a proper centre half - where he played for Australia in the last World Cup. His preferred position is midfield.
From what ive seen of him hes far better as a DM. Wouldn't change the team play him at CH when Porto looks at least as good in that position imo.

hibs4life
03-11-2018, 06:53 PM
I would question some of the team selection and set up today but there were that many sub standard performances across the team and a seeming inability to use possession effectively, especially in the last 3rd, that it could be argued we'd have struggled today no matter what.
The buck stops with the manager I guess, but eradicating inconsistency is a tough one...

WhileTheChief..
03-11-2018, 06:56 PM
Sorry I didn’t post it before the ground was cleared. Calm yourself down and gives a pm if you want to indicate when it’s allowed to post it was minging today.

Yes, it was the managers fault we lost today and didn’t win on Wednesday. Neil gets a lot of rightly when due credit off our support but the team and shape has been shocking the last two games and we now find ourselves mid table 8 points behind they rats.

First league game we’ve lost in ages at ER, calm yourself down.

LustForLeith
03-11-2018, 07:01 PM
I know I’m going to get ripped for this but I really wish we had one team and didn’t think like we need a team to play Celtic and another to play Dundee etc.

With that in mind, fully fit and free of suspensions, what is our best team?

Allant1981
03-11-2018, 07:03 PM
I know I’m going to get ripped for this but I really wish we had one team and didn’t think like we need a team to play Celtic and another to play Dundee etc.

With that in mind, fully fit and free of suspensions, what is our best team?

but a manager can never think like that though, you mentioned those 2 teams, you would never play a defensive team against dundee and would attack but you couldnt do that against celtic or you would get done in

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 07:10 PM
First league game we’ve lost in ages at ER, calm yourself down.

No, not when we should have set up to win more than one point in 9.

Allant1981
03-11-2018, 07:12 PM

yip because the manager wanted us to only get 1 point right enough

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 07:14 PM
yip because the manager wanted us to only get 1 point right enough

Who said that? Did we set up on Wednesday and today good enough to win? No. Who’s to blame? Aberdeen Friday night it’s easliy 1 in 12. It’s simply not been good enough.

pacoluna
03-11-2018, 07:14 PM
I don't get the dropping of porteous at all, Milligan as well is far more utilised in midfeild.

Hibees1973
03-11-2018, 07:20 PM
It is clear that we have no adequate replacement for Kamberi. I was surprised that another robust centre forward was not brought in during the transfer window as Shaw and Maclaren are both lightweight.

Maclaren is a proven goal scorer but only with Kamberi as his partner. I still feel that the McGinn saga went on too long as it delayed us signing players. Horgan, Hyndman and Aygepong all came in late on in the transfer window and have not really contributed much so far. Also Milligan and Maclaren came late and did not appear in the team until a month or so after signing due to them not being ready.

All this combined has led to a disjointed start to the season and us now sitting mid table.

A win in Aberdeen next week would make up for today but to be honest that looks unlikely.

We need the try and get Scott Allan back in the next transfer window, with him we should line up as.

Bogdan/Marciano

Gray Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson

Milligan

Boyle Mallan Allan

Kamberi Maclaren

It is proving difficult due to injuries and the constant disruption of international fixtures to get some consistency. If this line up doesn’t work we will do well to finish higher than 5th this season.

We have not prepared as well as I would have liked and we now seem to be paying for this.

Hopefully we can have a good run in the Scottish Cup this year given a favourable draw.

Allant1981
03-11-2018, 07:21 PM
Who said that? Did we set up on Wednesday and today good enough to win? No. Who’s to blame? Aberdeen Friday night it’s easliy 1 in 12. It’s simply not been good enough.

that team today was a good team and set up fine, apart from milligan possibly playing CM there wasnt much that id have changed about, and the players who underperformed are to blame

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 07:22 PM
I don't get the dropping of porteous at all, Milligan as well is far more utilised in midfeild.

Exactly. It was pointless changing it. I get rewarding Marv for a good display on Weds but it wasn’t the best team or best for the team. What’s Porteous done to piss anyone off?

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 07:23 PM
that team today was a good team and set up fine, apart from milligan possibly playing CM there wasnt much that id have changed about, and the players who underperformed are to blame

No it wasn’t. It was clear there was too many players out of position and our most effective players not playing there.

Golden Bear
03-11-2018, 07:25 PM

We were very lightweight up front, surely Shaw or Allan should have started with Boyle wide right.

Allant1981
03-11-2018, 07:27 PM
No it wasn’t. It was clear there was too many players out of position and our most effective players not playing there.

too many players out of position? whittaker is a RB, Ambrose is a CH, milligan plays CH for his country, stevenson is a LB, mallan is a CM, horgan is a midfielder, bartley is a midfielder, hyndman is a midfielder, maclaren is a forward as is boyle, not too many were being played out of position today

Allant1981
03-11-2018, 07:27 PM
We were very lightweight up front, surely Shaw or Allan should have started with Boyle wide right.

i personally dont rate either so id have boyle up front before either of them

LustForLeith
03-11-2018, 07:30 PM
but a manager can never think like that though, you mentioned those 2 teams, you would never play a defensive team against dundee and would attack but you couldnt do that against celtic or you would get done in

I’m old school but the only way you’re going to get the best out of your players is picking the best players week in week out. Look at Leicester when they won the league, they had a very straight forward game plan and t worked.

I also remember Fulham under Roy Hidgson being luckynwhen t came to injuries and suspensions and they played pretty much the same players every week and ended up in Europe.

Hiber-nation
03-11-2018, 07:30 PM

Really? If he is then I don't get that joke. Worked miracles with that club.

Allant1981
03-11-2018, 07:35 PM
I’m old school but the only way you’re going to get the best out of your players is picking the best players week in week out. Look at Leicester when they won the league, they had a very straight forward game plan and t worked.

I also remember Fulham under Roy Hidgson being luckynwhen t came to injuries and suspensions and they played pretty much the same players every week and ended up in Europe.

take the hearts game during the week, bartley was immense in the middle of the park, you wouldnt need him every week though, some teams only play 1 up front so you wouldnt need so many defenders so again the team would need to change

LustForLeith
03-11-2018, 07:38 PM
take the hearts game during the week, bartley was immense in the middle of the park, you wouldnt need him every week though, some teams only play 1 up front so you wouldnt need so many defenders so again the team would need to change

So you adapt your play to accommodate Bartley in midfield and play a 352. Keep the same players week in, week out.

Allant1981
03-11-2018, 07:40 PM
So you adapt your play to accommodate Bartley in midfield and play a 352. Keep the same players week in, week out.

but surely you want milligan playing there? this is why its not as easy as playing the same 11 most weeks

Brooster
03-11-2018, 07:50 PM
Porteous must play. Milligan cdm. Boyle on the wing. It's simple stuff. The tinkering is costing us points.

JimBHibees
03-11-2018, 07:53 PM

It happens it's called football, your thread title is a joke.

cleanyman
03-11-2018, 07:54 PM
Tommy Wright is a good manager

Anyone who thinks different is deluded

EH54
03-11-2018, 07:55 PM

He might well be a proper centre half, but he was doing a great job in midfield whilst we were on a run of wins and clean sheets..why change things? Its giving me a sore head all this tbh this season makes zero sense.

LustForLeith
03-11-2018, 07:59 PM
but surely you want milligan playing there? this is why its not as easy as playing the same 11 most weeks

So something needs to give. Maybe, heaven forbid, the two of them were to play in the same position and we had healthy compettiton. It’s then up to the Manager to manage those players accordingly.

Hibs fans need to be realistic and take off these Rose tinted spectacles that when we play teams like Dundee we hand out hammerings on a regular basis.

I’d raher win more games 1-0, than win the occasional match 3-0 but have lots of erratic results elsewhere. I’d rather see us stick to a certain formation and keep the same starting eleven week in week out.

Real Emerald
03-11-2018, 08:07 PM
He might well be a proper centre half, but he was doing a great job in midfield whilst we were on a run of wins and clean sheets..why change things? Its giving me a sore head all this tbh this season makes zero sense.

Totally agree with you, I think he wanted Bartley in the team today, which he deserved and played well, but changed the team around to allow it. Whiticar was awful at right back but then he moved Ambrose to right back when he had a right back on the bench. We have no depth in strikers and have lost all creativity in midfield, we have a very unbalanced squad. It’s so disjointed it’s really worrying. Our recruitment in the summer was poor, our lack of strikers, creative midfielders is so disappointed after last year. We are back to mediocre, which is depressing.

B.H.F.C
03-11-2018, 08:13 PM
He started tinkering at Parkhead. Has kept tinkering since. And we haven’t won a game. Admittedly two of them were tough away games but I find it strange he’s changed something that wasn’t broken.

CentreLine
03-11-2018, 08:18 PM
Don’t agree NL got it wrong today. I believe the players let him, us and themselves, down today.
Big BIG game next Friday

Stuart93
03-11-2018, 08:25 PM
Interesting to note that this is basically all lennons team now. First time since he came in that can be said. Last seasons midfield was more or less the midfield stubbs put together.

familyman
03-11-2018, 08:27 PM
the team have players that are far more capable than they have displayed in past two games, there seems to be a lack of motivation to stop playing long high(and often overhit)balls, even when our main centre forward is not on the field and generally not holding the ball and actually thinking in a creative way..that is a big concern and as a result teams can plan how to halt us in our tracks ...we need some imagination to go with effort ...we are a premier :wink:team after all.

WhileTheChief..
03-11-2018, 08:31 PM
Don’t agree NL got it wrong today. I believe the players let him, us and themselves, down today.
Big BIG game next Friday

Agreed. But every time we drop points we gotta blame Lennon.

Gordy M
03-11-2018, 08:39 PM
I think the title should read 'partly the managers fault':rolleyes:

EH54
03-11-2018, 08:40 PM
Totally agree with you, I think he wanted Bartley in the team today, which he deserved and played well, but changed the team around to allow it. Whiticar was awful at right back but then he moved Ambrose to right back when he had a right back on the bench. We have no depth in strikers and have lost all creativity in midfield, we have a very unbalanced squad. It’s so disjointed it’s really worrying. Our recruitment in the summer was poor, our lack of strikers, creative midfielders is so disappointed after last year. We are back to mediocre, which is depressing.

Yep, this is where I'm at. Oil shaw is aswell going on loan or something he isn't ready. We need a proven quality striker at this level in January. Scott Allan, and it's about time we started phasing your grays, Stevenson's and Mcgregor's Out and making them the cover..I thought this was going to be the case with Porteous coming in tbh, but appears not. We've not kicked on atall.

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 08:43 PM
Agreed. But every time we drop points we gotta blame Lennon.

He gets no blame of us losing 8 points out of 9? The team today was shambolic and made no sense. Wednesday was a *****bag line up. I’m not sure how anyone can argue against that.

DaveF
03-11-2018, 08:43 PM
Big BIG game next Friday

You don't think he got it wrong by playing a guy who has been excellent in midfield for us since he arrived at centre half and selecting 2 centre half's as subs?

Opinions I suppose.

wookie70
03-11-2018, 08:46 PM
the team have players that are far more capable than they have displayed in past two games, there seems to be a lack of motivation to stop playing long high(and often overhit)balls, even when our main centre forward is not on the field and generally not holding the ball and actually thinking in a creative way..that is a big concern and as a result teams can plan how to halt us in our tracks ...we need some imagination to go with effort ...we are a premier :wink:team after all.

The players do have to shoulder some of the blame but it can't be easy playing in different positions, in one week out the next, different partners in defence, midfield and attack. No doubt injury has played apart in this but the team has not really settled all season apart from the wee run we had. Looking at the five game spell where we won 4 league games conceding 2 goals. In three of the games we had Gray, Ambrose, Porteous, Stevenson and Milligan as a back 4 and sitter. The other game in the league Hanlon replace Porteous. The cup game against Aberdeen saw Hanlon in Grays spot. That is a consistent defensive unit and we had 4 clean sheets, 4 wins and a draw in the cup.

Today we could easily have played Ambrose, Daz, Porteous, Stevenson and Milligan for the same shape and mostly the same personnel. If they are on the bench I'm making the assumption they can take the field. Instead, we start Milligan at centre half and change the defence at a critical part of the game. We need to create the teams within the team and get some partnerships forming imo. Lennon needs to resist tinkering if he can. I will caveat this by saying injuries have played a part in the lack of consistent selection but imo the manager must shoulder a good chunk of the blame.

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 08:46 PM
You don't think he got it wrong by playing a guy who has been excellent in midfield for us since he arrived at centre half and selecting 2 centre half's as subs?

Opinions I suppose.

It doesn’t matter he’s been excellent for us in midfield, he’s played in centre half for Australia so it somehow makes some kind of sense leaving out our best performer on Weds and our greatest defensive prospect I can ever recall who has done little little wrong.

Real Emerald
03-11-2018, 08:50 PM
Yep, this is where I'm at. Oil shaw is aswell going on loan or something he isn't ready. We need a proven quality striker at this level in January. Scott Allan, and it's about time we started phasing your grays, Stevenson's and Mcgregor's Out and making them the cover..I thought this was going to be the case with Porteous coming in tbh, but appears not. We've not kicked on atall.

I don’t think we have anybody near replacing Stevenson yet. Why did we we have two of our best CB’s on the bench today and play Milligan at CB, I’m starting to dread looking at our team selections these days. What’s happening with Hamlon, is he near returning?

Paloschi
03-11-2018, 08:53 PM
Agree with the OP. Constant chopping and changing of the team. Boyle was our main threat first 20 mins then moved to partner the struggling Jamie Mac. He then didn't touch the ball. In fact Boyle played right wing, left wing, up top and at wing back. Lennons fault.

Compile that with the floated crosses to nobody (clearly a tactic, as 5 different players did this) and the awful subs. Bartley who seemed like the only player that could win a tackle was out on his feet and Milligan should have moved into the middle before the penalty. Also, Whittaker? So slow and gave the ball away too much. Lennon picks the team.

Lennon is not above criticism and got basics, including team selection wrong today. Very poor.

Lex7zero
04-11-2018, 03:58 AM
Agree with the OP. Constant chopping and changing of the team. Boyle was our main threat first 20 mins then moved to partner the struggling Jamie Mac. He then didn't touch the ball. In fact Boyle played right wing, left wing, up top and at wing back. Lennons fault.

Compile that with the floated crosses to nobody (clearly a tactic, as 5 different players did this) and the awful subs. Bartley who seemed like the only player that could win a tackle was out on his feet and Milligan should have moved into the middle before the penalty. Also, Whittaker? So slow and gave the ball away too much. Lennon picks the team.

Lennon is not above criticism and got basics, including team selection wrong today. Very poor.
Spot on Lennon got it badly wrong against Hertz and just as badly again today. Hate to single out individuals but it’s clear he keeps picking one or two that ain’t good enough or finished. Cruel I know but I want us in top six and if Lennon doesn’t get a grip that ain’t going to happen.

Phil MaGlass
04-11-2018, 08:31 AM
Christ can we not put all these threads together, ffs

bingo70
04-11-2018, 08:37 AM
Spot on Lennon got it badly wrong against Hertz and just as badly again today. Hate to single out individuals but it’s clear he keeps picking one or two that ain’t good enough or finished. Cruel I know but I want us in top six and if Lennon doesn’t get a grip that ain’t going to happen.

Without going over old ground Lennon never got it ‘badly wrong’ against Hearts.

We got a credible point after playing with 10 men for the last 25 minutes or so. Nobody just turns up at Tynecastle and wins, it’s a difficult venue, even more so with 10 men.

Joe6-2
04-11-2018, 08:40 AM
Christ can we not put all these threads together, ffs

Can we stop the blasphemy guys?

JimBHibees
04-11-2018, 08:47 AM

Clearly at it. We probably would have won on Wednesday if Flo hadn't been wrongly sent off. We probably would have won yesterday if Flo hadn't been wrongly sent off. If you hadn't noticed Celtic are ripping every team in the league including our neighbours the September league champions. At least we had a go at them and at 3 2 were right back in it.

Given the week our manager had you would have thought that our first home defeat of the year would not merit a thread title of the managers fault, obviously some Hibs fans would do that. Well done.

JimBHibees
04-11-2018, 08:50 AM

Talk about knee jerk, classic bed wetting we were second 2 weeks ago. He didn't get it badly wrong v Hearts we got a point after a wrong sending off. We had the best chances n the game.

Heisenberg
04-11-2018, 08:57 AM
Dropping Porteuos has been his biggest mistake. No idea why he’s not played for our last few games.

CentreLine
04-11-2018, 09:25 AM
I imagine that all of the posters that come on here telling us how our manager is inept and appears to be tactically clueless are top coaches in their own right?

That being the case I am rapidly losing confidence in our club and the abilities of all these overpaid charlatans who are driving our club in to the bottom tier of Scottish football. It has to be time for root and branch change from top to bottom as our club is being taken entirely in the.....................

Oh hang on!!!
Could it just be that some of our players had an off day and didn’t carry out the job that they were asked to do? We should not be losing, home or away to St Johnson but it happens. We do need to have a substantially better second quarter to the season and there are no better managers in Scotland capable of getting that from our side IMHO. No guarantees but if anyone can NL can.

Spike Mandela
04-11-2018, 09:38 AM
Everything just seemed a bit flat and lacklustre yesterday. Do we have a problem dealing with games directly after the intensity of the derby?

Brightside
04-11-2018, 09:45 AM

Poor stuff

Ffs

PatHead
04-11-2018, 10:01 AM
Porteous was originally “dropped “ because he had a bruised foot after the U21s match.

As there were injuries he made it onto the bench.

It has to be remembered that he is a young guy and was playing week in week out. Perhaps NL could see he was beginning to feel it in training and needing a rest. Should we have kept him in week in week out and risked him burning out like Hearts do with their youngsters?

Perhaps NL felt he wanted experience against Celtic and Hearts away.

We don’t know what goes on in training and have to trust the manager. I know who I trust between him and the experts on here.

Allant1981
04-11-2018, 10:03 AM
Porteous was originally “dropped “ because he had a bruised foot after the U21s match.

It has to be remembered that he is a young guy and was playing week in week out. Perhaps NL could see he was beginning to feel it in training and needing a rest. Should we have kept him in week in week out and risked him burning out like Hearts do with their youngsters?

We don’t know what goes on in training and have to trust the manager. I know who I trust between him and the experts on here.

you mean to say that we dont have world class managers posting on here?

madhatter
04-11-2018, 10:12 AM
What annoyed me, and Lennon does have to take the blame for this, we made it too easy for them. In the first half, he told the midfield to go into a diamond. That was stupid as we needed width desperately and Whittaker had already failed to deliver crosses 3-4 times by that point. Stevenson wasn't much better at that stage. We also didn't have Kamberi so why the players weren't hitting the line and drilling the ball across I'll never know...

First half especially we made the pitch so narrow. At one stage we had a throw-in in an attacking position and everyone shifted over to that side of the pitch, Whittaker ended up on the edge of the D. It was almost like we were picking up our markers even though we were attacking. We absolutely had to stretch the pitch as wide as possible and we didn't, even in the 2nd half, Stevenson was running in-line with the corner of the box when he should have been hugging the touchline.

Main thing I think most of us can see - Boyle is a winger and not a striker. Stop playing him there Neil.

PatHead
04-11-2018, 10:15 AM
you mean to say that we dont have world class managers posting on here?

😂

blackpoolhibs
04-11-2018, 10:50 AM
Porteous must play. Milligan cdm. Boyle on the wing. It's simple stuff. The tinkering is costing us points.

:agree: And if Kamberi is suspended or injured, dont play the player who plays off him on his own up front, when he clearly cant do that job at all?

Lennon gets the credit for the good times, but we dont need all these changes of players and formations.

blackpoolhibs
04-11-2018, 11:06 AM
Without going over old ground Lennon never got it ‘badly wrong’ against Hearts.

We got a credible point after playing with 10 men for the last 25 minutes or so. Nobody just turns up at Tynecastle and wins, it’s a difficult venue, even more so with 10 men.

Exactly :agree:, win the battle first then try and play, something we've rarely done over the years, you only need to look at our record there to see that.

Although against St Johnstone at home, we should be the team on the front foot, and play accordingly, i think the team selection and formation was wrong yesterday.

Lemonade
04-11-2018, 12:05 PM

Poor stuff

You seem desperate to play the pantomime villian on here. You must be devastated that hardly anyone bites.

The 90+2
04-11-2018, 12:15 PM
Clearly at it. We probably would have won on Wednesday if Flo hadn't been wrongly sent off. We probably would have won yesterday if Flo hadn't been wrongly sent off. If you hadn't noticed Celtic are ripping every team in the league including our neighbours the September league champions. At least we had a go at them and at 3 2 were right back in it.

Given the week our manager had you would have thought that our first home defeat of the year would not merit a thread title of the managers fault, obviously some Hibs fans would do that. Well done.

All I hear is probables. Fact is one point out of nine and without Flo we should be still beating st Johnstone at home. The reason we didn’t and the reason we didn’t on Wednesday, in my opinion was the team that was chosen. Lennons has had a rotten week but it’s still his job to get us results and the past week has been rotten on the pitch.

Northern Hibby
04-11-2018, 06:38 PM
Injuries are killing us, but most seem to be happening in training, a fully fit squad would definitely see us competing .

JimBHibees
04-11-2018, 08:46 PM
All I hear is probables. Fact is one point out of nine and without Flo we should be still beating st Johnstone at home. The reason we didn’t and the reason we didn’t on Wednesday, in my opinion was the team that was chosen. Lennons has had a rotten week but it’s still his job to get us results and the past week has been rotten on the pitch.

All of it is probables. Your vehemence to slag off our manager was and is poor.

JimBHibees
04-11-2018, 08:49 PM

Indeed.