PDA

View Full Version : First quarter of the season...

Hibs90
03-11-2018, 04:55 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/b0a142bb5d9fa9e53a6b553847f5c618.png

Good enough?

Yes/No?

Joe6-2
03-11-2018, 04:57 PM
I think we all know the answer to that question.....

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 04:58 PM
Is it ****.

Northernhibee
03-11-2018, 04:58 PM

Good enough?

Yes/No?
Too inconsistent. On our day we’re impossible to live with but we need to be like that more often.

allmodcons
03-11-2018, 05:02 PM
One game away from decent (ie - the loss to St Johnstone today)

James32-90
03-11-2018, 05:09 PM

Good enough?

Yes/No?

No toms h points dropped

St Johnston x2
Aberdeen
Hearts
Livingston

Lack of want to have a shot at goal and strikers in the first team. Let’s sing a left and right back that cant even get on the bench.

Borderhibbie76
03-11-2018, 05:12 PM
No toms h points dropped

St Johnston x2
Aberdeen
Hearts
Livingston

Lack of want to have a shot at goal and strikers in the first team. Let’s sing a left and right back that cant even get on the bench.?????

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Just Jimmy
03-11-2018, 05:15 PM
average 1.63 pts a game.

that'll take us over 38 games to 61 points. is that good enough? I don't know.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

we are hibs
03-11-2018, 06:04 PM
Clearly not. It's the exact same as the first half of last season.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2018, 06:07 PM
Should've beaten Aberdeen and st Johnstone twice. Would look very different.

Not good enough so far. 2 absolutely diddy clubs above us.

cleanyman
03-11-2018, 06:11 PM
Same points as Livingston and St Johnstone are above us

Not great

TheHarpy76
03-11-2018, 06:14 PM

Good enough?

Yes/No?

Ridiculous question.

I don’t need to answer it.

wookie70
03-11-2018, 06:17 PM
Expected I would say. Our squad look short of at least one forward and that was known at the start of the season. We have too many similar players in the midfield and we have been unlucky with injuries. Before a ball was kicked lots were trying to figure where Boyle would play if SDG was playing and even with El Capitano out Boyle is still playing in a position where he is not very effective. Signings have been OK with Mallan and Bogdan good, McLaren and Flo good acquisitions but not able to get two fit at the same time and Jury out on Horgan and Hyndman. Milligan looks good in the middle but I don't think he is as good as our regular centre halves and he seems to play there even when some of them are fit.

I think where we are is just about right for the squad and the injuries.

Sir David Gray
03-11-2018, 06:21 PM
Not brilliant to be honest. We need our injured players back quickly. Hopefully we can bounce back next week but Pittodrie's rarely easy.

rcarter1
03-11-2018, 06:41 PM
Voted not good enough, but its pretty tight. Bottom line though, if Aberdeen win their game in hand then we are equal to or behind every team we should be challenging - ie not good enough.

G B Young
03-11-2018, 06:58 PM
I've stuck my neck out and said yes, because although on paper the points tally isn't good enough, as last season proved (and as the yams and Celtic are now showing), the early months of the season often count for little come the business end of the season. Despite today's dreadful result we're still very much in the mix for a top four spot and hopefully we can kick on again in the new year.

Hibby Kay-Yay
03-11-2018, 07:15 PM
Had we had a more settled team of our first choice players then we’d likely be in a different position.

Be good to have fully fit players, especially:

Hanlon, SDG, Porteous, Kamberi, McLaren, McGregor, Agyepong, Marciano.

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 07:19 PM
Had we had a more settled team of our first choice players then we’d likely be in a different position.

Yet our biggest rivals are 8 ahead having a lesser settled side and even more players out?

Sir David Gray
03-11-2018, 07:28 PM

Why would you like Marciano back in? What has Bogdan done wrong?

Hibby Kay-Yay
03-11-2018, 07:32 PM
Why would you like Marciano back in? What has Bogdan done wrong?

Bogdan has been great, but was brought in as back up to Rocky.

Hibby Kay-Yay
03-11-2018, 07:33 PM
Yet our biggest rivals are 8 ahead having a lesser settled side and even more players out?

And they haven’t had Europe to compete in.

wookie70
03-11-2018, 07:41 PM
My biggest worry this year is that we seemed to more often than not only be capable of beating the teams right at the bottom of the league.

12 of our 18 points have came from wins against Motherwell, Hamilton, Dundee and St Mirren the bottom four in the league. The Killie game is the exception as they were already playing well which was a great win but could have went either way. Decent point at Tiny, draw against Aberdeen who were honking at that time and draw against St Johnstone added the other 3 points.

We are a middle of the table team at the moment on merit and slightly under performing mostly due to injuries. We need a good January window to get into Europe imo

murray26
03-11-2018, 07:42 PM
One game away from decent (ie - the loss to St Johnstone today)

👍

EH54
03-11-2018, 08:58 PM

So that's made us stronger in that area that our second choice has turned out to be better than our first choice. Only area we've improved in. Bogdan is class.

Keith_M
03-11-2018, 09:06 PM
Mixed feelings.

Not confident about the upcoming season

rcarter1
03-11-2018, 09:14 PM
My biggest worry this year is that we seemed to more often than not only be capable of beating the teams right at the bottom of the league.

12 of our 18 points have came from wins against Motherwell, Hamilton, Dundee and St Mirren the bottom four in the league. The Killie game is the exception as they were already playing well which was a great win but could have went either way. Decent point at Tiny, draw against Aberdeen who were honking at that time and draw against St Johnstone added the other 3 points.

We are a middle of the table team at the moment on merit and slightly under performing mostly due to injuries. We need a good January window to get into Europe imo

I think this sums it up. A bunch of decent wins against very poor sides is the story of the season. The highlight is a win against Kilmarnock (and it is a home win vs a rival that we should be well ahead of financially). Against our other rivals we have done somewhere between OK to slightly dissapointingly.

If we can get the new guys fit and into a system of playing that works, we may get some improvement and challenge for the top 4.

Smartie
03-11-2018, 10:00 PM
It's not unlike last season. A bit wasteful and a feeling that we could or should be doing better.

We look disjointed and like a collection of individuals rather than a team, but there are certainly positives.

I don't think we're far away from being a good side, and the correct tweak in January could see us having an excellent second half to the season.

Injuries to key attacking players in a squad that lacks depth have been very costly.

We got lucky with injuries last year, and haven't been so lucky this season. I reckon our fortunes going forward depend on this as much as anything. That, and clearly talented players like Hyndman making the kind of contribution of which they are capable.

Bobby's Cinema
03-11-2018, 10:10 PM
Table is very tight and I don’t think a lot will separate 2nd - 6th right up to the split, happy enough with where we are but a disappointing week. Getting Kamberi and jmac starting together fit is what we are missing

green day
03-11-2018, 10:16 PM
Table is very tight and I don’t think a lot will separate 2nd - 6th right up to the split, happy enough with where we are but a disappointing week. Getting Kamberi and jmac starting together fit is what we are missing

Happy enough?

With our budget we should at least not have to rely on a 19 year old defender and be panicking if he doesn't play.

"Finds" like slivka, hyndnan and Horgan need to start playing or we are buggered.

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 10:18 PM

Bogdan is a much better Goalkeeper

Sir David Gray
03-11-2018, 10:19 PM

He was but he took his chance whilst Marciano was injured and has barely put a foot wrong. I'm baffled as to why you would like Bogdan to be dropped.

DH1875
04-11-2018, 01:17 AM
Being below St Johnstone amd Killie should never be acceptable for Hibs.

Lex7zero
04-11-2018, 03:30 AM
Really worry about Lennons team selections. Whittaker is not good enough as everyone knows but continues to be selected. It’s time for Lennons team selections and tactics to be questioned. Gets it wrong in a number of games.
That’s the feeling of more than a few of me and my more mature mates that have followed Hibs for a number of years.
Don’t post here often because of the crap that will follow what is meant to be a genuine comment from a loyal and worried Hibby.

Baldy Foghorn
04-11-2018, 07:10 AM
Not good enough for me, too many meekly surrended points for my liking

green day
04-11-2018, 07:56 AM
We have 13000 ST holders, crowds of about 17000 - so our budget is pretty healthy.

I know its not that simple, and blips happen - but we really shouldnt be losing to St Johnston, Livingston, behind Killie in the table (and were lucky to beat them) etc.

Our only decent results this season have been early Europe and against the dugmeat in this league.

Pretty poor stuff, and- although I do like him a lot - Lennons tinkering with the team has cost us points, no question in my mind.

He should have a settled team and only interchange when injuries dictate.

We also seem to sign players that are never seen again - Nelom on for a cameo sub, the new RB??? Agypong did ok v Dundee now injured. Pisses me off.

And dinnae get me started on why we are not playing Porteous.

Phil MaGlass
04-11-2018, 08:22 AM
Not good enough, maybe I was expecting too much after last year, and all the internationalists we have signed.

Baldy Foghorn
04-11-2018, 08:34 AM
We have 13000 ST holders, crowds of about 17000 - so our budget is pretty healthy.

I know its not that simple, and blips happen - but we really shouldnt be losing to St Johnston, Livingston, behind Killie in the table (and were lucky to beat them) etc.

Our only decent results this season have been early Europe and against the dugmeat in this league.

Pretty poor stuff, and- although I do like him a lot - Lennons tinkering with the team has cost us points, no question in my mind.

He should have a settled team and only interchange when injuries dictate.

We also seem to sign players that are never seen again - Nelom on for a cameo sub, the new RB??? Agypong did ok v Dundee now injured. Pisses me off.

And dinnae get me started on why we are not playing Porteous.

Agree completely

danhibees1875
04-11-2018, 09:54 AM
Probably about par for the course to be honest. We've no given right to beat smaller teams all the time - regardless of budget. As has been said, if one of our chances was scored yesterday and we'd seen the game off we'd have all been delighted with the start to the season IMO.

Pagan Hibernia
04-11-2018, 10:09 AM
Not good enough so far. 2 absolutely diddy clubs above us.

three.

cloudy
04-11-2018, 10:17 AM
Not the best start, how are we compared to last seasons first quarter?

Heisenberg
04-11-2018, 10:42 AM
A team that included McGinn/McGeough in midfield lost to the likes of St Johnstone and Hamilton last season while they also played dreadfully and drew/lost away at Hearts. Let’s calm down a wee bit. Plenty games left in the season along with the January transfer window.

After a very quick look, I think we had 20 points from the same number of games last season.

Weegreenman
04-11-2018, 10:50 AM
I think we’re a side in transition. Replacing the players we lost was always going to be difficult but I feel Lenny has brought quite a few players in that are frankly not good enough if we want to emulate last season’s fourth place finish. Maybe a bit harsh but I don’t think we have enough quality in the squad. We especially lack a proper play maker. Glaringly obvious for me.