PDA

View Full Version : time for lennon to stop talking to the press

Springbank
03-11-2018, 04:51 PM
stick to the football not the social commentant neil
theres lots of work to be done on the training ground.

cleanyman
03-11-2018, 04:52 PM
He simply can't get the better of McInnes and Wright

Hopeless

Callum_62
03-11-2018, 04:52 PM

:rolleyes:

Joe6-2
03-11-2018, 04:53 PM
Although his treatment is diabolical, he really must concentrate on Hibs

Elephant Stone
03-11-2018, 05:19 PM
Nice

Silky
03-11-2018, 05:43 PM

Hopeless

Who do we get instead then?

superbam
03-11-2018, 05:48 PM
FFS :rolleyes:

Allant1981
03-11-2018, 05:49 PM
Who do we get instead then?

im sure many on here will apply!!

DarlingtonHibee
03-11-2018, 06:27 PM
Gary Parker doing hibs tv post match.

emerald green
03-11-2018, 06:34 PM
Gary Parker conducted the post-match media duties, saying Lennon "has done enough talking over the last couple of days and left it down to me".

Viva_Palmeiras
03-11-2018, 06:35 PM
If we're all Neil Lennon perhaps we need to cut ourselves a break.

DarlingtonHibee
03-11-2018, 06:36 PM
Didn't show that on you tube version but makes sense.

WhileTheChief..
03-11-2018, 06:51 PM
Nah, the more he speaks out the better.

I’d have thought most of you would want to give him support this week but that only applies when we win eh.

This place sucks after a defeat.

emerald green
03-11-2018, 06:55 PM

I’d have thought most of you would want to give him support this week but that only applies when we win eh.

I'm guessing it was Neil's own decision to delegate the post match media duties to Gary Parker.

judas
03-11-2018, 06:56 PM

Thank god someone said it. I couldn’t agree more.

hibs4life
03-11-2018, 07:07 PM
Completely disagree.
As far as I'm aware he's only spoken to the press during his regular press conferences. The implication is he's taken his eye off the ball, which I find hard to believe as I'm sure his commitment to, and focus on, Hibs remains undiminished.

Jack Hackett
03-11-2018, 07:14 PM

Big time, which is why I usually give it a day or two. Thought I'd pop in and see how much 'support' Neil was getting. Think I'll just pop a movie or 2 on instead and come back another day. I can understand the frustration, but there are those amongst us who can't accept any defeat without calling for some sort of rabbit out of a hat 'change'

Hedlund12
03-11-2018, 08:27 PM

A bit of an unfair comment IMO and we'll have to agree to disagree.
Neil has been publically berated this week any you're implying he shouldn't say his piece/or retaliate to comments made about him.... AND I may add by people outwith football too... journalists and former Scottish Police Federation chairman Les Gray waded in with criticism towards NL.
The $h!tt¥ behaviour of both hearts and hibs fans, by far, outweighed the actions of Neil Lennon at the game on Wednesday but some media, former players and that police €r$€ concentrate on the actions/behaviour of NL! It beggars belief!!

Have you listened to Neil's full interview on Hibs TV about how he feels about the situation and what he has to put up with?

Are you suggesting he just sits back and takes it on the chin (no pun intended!) IMO he has EVERY right to speak up.
It's a well know fact that Neil has also suffered from depression... I pray that this aspect never takes over with tragic consequences (as a result of the $h!t he's endured).
Continue to speak out Neil and make sure people know how their irresponsible opinions and comments make you feel.

roc1
03-11-2018, 08:52 PM

Hopeless.

At what point do the players stand up and be counted when the boss is under so much pressure ( albeit some self inflicted) not a knock at you btw just a response to a poor result)

wookie70
03-11-2018, 09:06 PM
Big time, which is why I usually give it a day or two. Thought I'd pop in and see how much 'support' Neil was getting. Think I'll just pop a movie or 2 on instead and come back another day. I can understand the frustration, but there are those amongst us who can't accept any defeat without calling for some sort of rabbit out of a hat 'change'

You can support Lennon 100% in terms of his comments about racism etc and still question some of his decisions surely.

Smartie
03-11-2018, 09:24 PM
I like Parker as well, always interesting to hear what he has to say.

I was listening to the radio before the game today and Levein was interviewed. He said he was sick of talking about the other night and in spite of that the interviewer kept on wanting to get him talking about strict liability etc.

It makes total sense that after a game like today's Neil Lennon might not want to talk to the press and I think we should cut him a bit of slack for doing so.

neil7908
03-11-2018, 09:31 PM
I have no issues with Neil speaking out, I just wish he wasn't indicating every few months that he didn't want to stay at the club.

broondog
03-11-2018, 10:29 PM
He’s been our best manager in a while but im not worried that he’s leaving at all.can see us getting Steve Clarke in and with the way our squad has developed we will be right up there with Clarke at the helm or any other experienced manager.not the end of the world at all as some are making out

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-11-2018, 11:20 PM
He’s been our best manager in a while but im not worried that he’s leaving at all.can see us getting Steve Clarke in and with the way our squad has developed we will be right up there with Clarke at the helm or any other experienced manager.not the end of the world at all as some are making out

Can’t see Clarke coming to us if the rumours about him being screwed over by Petrie after being interviewed about the job a few years ago are true.