PDA

View Full Version : That was minging

cleanyman
03-11-2018, 04:49 PM
Enough said

What a sorry way to lose our record

Too many negatives to list. I'd be here all night.

And for a player of such experience McGregor, amateur hour.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2018, 04:57 PM
Dreadful from McGregor for the goal and Marv for the penalty.

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 05:10 PM
Dreadful from McGregor for the goal and Marv for the penalty.

Thought Danny fell down easily.

MacGruber
03-11-2018, 05:12 PM
Season over

Lennon out

Dempster out

Only joking.
Horrible performance though. Paid price for not having a secondary big striker. Poor team performance though!

danhibees1875
03-11-2018, 05:15 PM
Zero urgency and the most boring game I could remember. Didn't deserve the point playing like that. To compound things, attempts to make a sharp exit were scuppered when they scored as I was on the stairs and everyone else left too! :boo hoo:

Jones28
03-11-2018, 05:26 PM
Thought Danny fell down easily.

He did, it was blatantly a dive

Deeds
03-11-2018, 05:31 PM
i did feel that a piece of Mallan magic was the only way we were going to win today, we were a bit toothless in attack...and St J took advantage of that. Very frustrating performance

matty_f
03-11-2018, 05:49 PM
It was dreadful today. Not much to put in the 'positives' column.

hibby6270
03-11-2018, 06:06 PM

Not going to post anything about the game until I can think of something positive to say about it.

My pie was hot but not cooked to within an inch of its life at half time for a change.
That was a positive.

Edinburgh Green
03-11-2018, 06:25 PM
Embarrassing performance. Do the players and manager believe that pedestrian passing will open teams up? Reminded me of some of our performances in the championship.

EH54
03-11-2018, 06:35 PM
Same as last season when we changed the strike force in January, maybe we will change the midfield, Scott Allan come home now please, fail to understand why he's still not here!

staunchhibby
03-11-2018, 06:37 PM
That was like watching paint dry

Nicho87
03-11-2018, 06:45 PM
Dull dreadful duff

Fifehibby74
03-11-2018, 06:45 PM
Not good enough. We talk about resources but st Johnstone average gate is about 4000. We should be miles ahead of them and killie but we are just about the same. Where does the money go are squad under achieving or over rated?

Golden Bear
03-11-2018, 06:53 PM
Our keeper made an outstanding penalty save, no other positives for me. We got what we deserved from the game.

emerald green
03-11-2018, 07:04 PM
Really disappointing to lose our long unbeaten home record in such a manner to a team who came to get a draw or steal all three points if they could.

wookie70
03-11-2018, 07:13 PM
Really disappointing to lose our long unbeaten home record in such a manner to a team who came to get a draw or steal all three points if they could.
They missed a pen and a very easy pen and hot the bar. They played tight but weren't parking the bus

emerald green
03-11-2018, 07:25 PM
They missed a pen and a very easy pen and hot the bar. They played tight but weren't parking the bus

Hibs had 62% possession to 38% for St J.

I agree they didn't "park the bus" like we've seen from some teams at ER in recent seasons, but they made more of the possession they did have. Since St J were reamed 6-0 by Celtic they haven't lost a single goal. They are now set up not to lose, rather than to go out and attack like Hibs.

Weegreenman
03-11-2018, 08:06 PM
Zero urgency and the most boring game I could remember. Didn't deserve the point playing like that. To compound things, attempts to make a sharp exit were scuppered when they scored as I was on the stairs and everyone else left too! :boo hoo:

When we start with a slow tempo such as we did today, you can be sure it won’t end well. Really disappointing stuff. Surely this isn’t what will be served up the rest of the season?? :confused:

wookie70
03-11-2018, 08:11 PM
Hibs had 62% possession to 38% for St J.

I agree they didn't "park the bus" like we've seen from some teams at ER in recent seasons, but they made more of the possession they did have. Since St J were reamed 6-0 by Celtic they haven't lost a single goal. They are now set up not to lose, rather than to go out and attack like Hibs.

They had one less shot than us, two more on target, scored and had the same amount of corners despite far less possession. Looks like they were much keener to get the ball in the net than we were when they had the ball. The vast majority of our possession was miles away from their goal and we looked liked we were happier than them to keep stroking it about. In the last 20 minutes they went for it and got their reward. At no time did I think we even thought about coming out of first gear and Lennon's subs put us in reverse

RoslinInstHibby
03-11-2018, 08:39 PM
Terrible stuff today, not many got pass marks from me (including Lennon) hoping it was just one of those days. Bring on the Dons!

Smartie
03-11-2018, 08:45 PM

The only positive I can think of is that we don't have to play St Johnstone next week.

CLASS OF 72 -73
03-11-2018, 08:59 PM
Came up from England for this fixture last season and we have done same thing losing the winner late on and we were crap then too. As well as we can play the last two games have been poor. We can't beat a decimated Hearts team then lose at home to St Johnstone albeit they are a bogie team but you have to beat these if you are serious on progressing.
Sentimentality needs to be put into perspective there are legends need dropping.

Smartie
03-11-2018, 09:01 PM
Came up from England for this fixture last season and we have done same thing losing the winner late on and we were crap then too. As well as we can play the last two games have been poor. We can't beat a decimated Hearts team then lose at home to St Johnstone albeit they are a bogie team but you have to beat these if you are serious on progressing.
Sentimentality needs to be put into perspective there are legends need dropping.

Which legends are those?

We need to play much better from midfield forward. I'm not sure exactly how we do that but it doesn't involve dropping legends.

wookie70
03-11-2018, 09:30 PM

we need some legends back imo SDG and Hanlon would make a big difference.

Criswell
04-11-2018, 12:00 AM
Teams like St Johnstone come here and sit-in (park the bus) and hope to nick something late on from a set-piece which is exactly what happened. From their point of view it worked perfectly to-day and we were not good enough to break them down. We probably have a better chance of beating them away as they would be forced, being the home team, to come out and attack more.

Scotty Leither
04-11-2018, 12:11 AM
Teams like St Johnstone come here and sit-in (park the bus) and hope to nick something late on from a set-piece which is exactly what happened. From their point of view it worked perfectly to-day and we were not good enough to break them down. We probably have a better chance of beating them away as they would be forced, being the home team, to come out and attack more.

Wanna bet? Same game I watched at Macdiarmid Park earlier in the season. Played a dour, dull team who played not to lose a goal who hope to nick one from a set piece and then set out to frustrate us.

We need a larger squad where the manager can mix things up a bit to win games like today where small margins wins you the football match, but we have a stubborn, unaccountable Board who simply will not take any calculated risk of any description in terms of player recruitment.

They continually take the p1ss out of the fans in this regard and I'm sick fed up of it.

NAE NOOKIE
04-11-2018, 12:43 AM
We weren't terrible, but we were far too pedestrian and didn't move the ball quickly enough. Chuck in the fact that some of our crossing was very poor and we were always going to struggle to score today. To be fair to St Johnstone they didn't exactly park the bus and they were far less physical than some of the teams we have seen at ER.

Boy do we need an intelligent midfielder who can see a pass and probably another striker as well. I don't suppose anybody will need to tell Daz that his decision to let the ball bounce was wrong on every level and lead to us losing the game.

Whatever happens we cant have too many performances like that or we cant hope to make a dent in the European places, or the Scottish cup for that matter.

heretoday
04-11-2018, 03:37 AM
We missed Gray and Mcgregor should have been on from the start.

Lennon's subs were weird. I thought Horgan and Hyndman were doing OK - their replacements didn't do anything. I don't suppose anyone will agree with me.

I'm pretty fed up.

Lex7zero
04-11-2018, 03:44 AM

Yup totally crap against Hertz and just as bad tonight. Team selections in both games poor. Lennon gets it wrong more often than not these days. Don’t like to single players out but time for him to drop Whittaker. Well short as everyone can see. Anyone wants to argue doesn’t quite understand the game unfortunately. Yup let the abuse begin.

Baldy Foghorn
04-11-2018, 07:08 AM
Yup totally crap against Hertz and just as bad tonight. Team selections in both games poor. Lennon gets it wrong more often than not these days. Don’t like to single players out but time for him to drop Whittaker. Well short as everyone can see. Anyone wants to argue doesn’t quite understand the game unfortunately. Yup let the abuse begin.

Don't understand Porteous being dropped from team unless carrying a knock (why on bench then?)

eastcoasthibby
04-11-2018, 08:08 AM

Lennon's subs were weird. I thought Horgan and Hyndman were doing OK - their replacements didn't do anything. I don't suppose anyone will agree with me.

I'm pretty fed up.

I find the almost.constant.re-jigging of our shape and hence playing style confusing, particularly when it means playing players out of position, and not playing those we have in the squad for those positions not put in !!
The Horgan substitution was bizarre he was posing a threat to them, which was often thwarted by Hyndman being in his way, or space. Hyndman for me too many times made the wrong decisions, tried to play difficult passes, overplayed it, so I got his substitution. We cannot play with Hyndman and Mallan in the same team, similar.footballers and men short defensively.
Wanted to see Mavrias for Whittaker see what the guy has got ...

emerald green
04-11-2018, 11:38 AM
They had one less shot than us, two more on target, scored and had the same amount of corners despite far less possession. Looks like they were much keener to get the ball in the net than we were when they had the ball. The vast majority of our possession was miles away from their goal and we looked liked we were happier than them to keep stroking it about. In the last 20 minutes they went for it and got their reward. At no time did I think we even thought about coming out of first gear and Lennon's subs put us in reverse

I can't disagree with much of what you say. As I said, St Johnstone made more of what possession they did have. Very insipid performance all round from Hibs. The question is why was that the case?

Albanian Hibs
04-11-2018, 11:41 AM

I'm pretty fed up.

I thought Hyndman was crap.

eastterrace
04-11-2018, 11:56 AM
I find the almost.constant.re-jigging of our shape and hence playing style confusing, particularly when it means playing players out of position, and not playing those we have in the squad for those positions not put in !!
The Horgan substitution was bizarre he was posing a threat to them, which was often thwarted by Hyndman being in his way, or space. Hyndman for me too many times made the wrong decisions, tried to play difficult passes, overplayed it, so I got his substitution. We cannot play with Hyndman and Mallan in the same team, similar.footballers and men short defensively.
Wanted to see Mavrias for Whittaker see what the guy has got ...

Horgan was blowing out of his erky but the subs didn’t really change much

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
04-11-2018, 11:58 AM
Poor passing, poor judgement and a lot of running about with no end product was the story of our midfield yesterday. Guile was non existent.

Is Hyndman supposed to bring creativity? I felt him and Horgan didn't do anything really.

B.H.F.C
04-11-2018, 11:59 AM
Horgan was blowing out of his erky but the subs didn’t really change much

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The double sub we made just after the penalty was odd. If anything, it gave us even less attacking threat and led to even more players out of position.

Selection all round was very strange yesterday.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-11-2018, 12:15 PM
Really can’t see us winning next weekend either.

wookie70
04-11-2018, 12:44 PM
I thought Hyndman was crap.

I thought he was very good when involved which was rarely. That is mainly because he is so similar to Mallan and Horgan and they get in each others way rather than compliment each other imo. The opposite of what we get when Flo and Jamie play together and look better than the sum of their parts.