PDA

View Full Version : Collaborative approach

WestEndHibee
03-11-2018, 04:33 AM
This issue probably doesn’t need another thread but there’s obviously a range of issues bubbling up this week and some can’t just be swept under the carpet.

While Hearts and Hibs hate each other on the pitch and an Edinburgh derby is never short of panto villains (whether it’s skacel, levein and Naismith or Lennon, Griffiths and Bartley) I was always proud that it was predominantly a football rivalry. We live in a small city and share the majority of our lives with each other without a problem.

I’ve seen a lot of people blame hearts for the issues the other night but at the moment I’m not a proud Hibs fan and I know plenty Hearts fans aren’t proud either.

Any chance Hibs and Hearts fans could work together to root out each of our own problems and create an atmosphere that is still as passionate but one that you’d be proud to be part of? We continually want to attract more people to games and in my opinion there’s work needing done now to show that hibs and hearts are safe places to watch football free from discrimination or sectarianism.

no idea how it could work or whether I’m being too idealistic but it would be good to see both sets of supporters make a stand against the minority who tarnish the game.

JimboHibs
03-11-2018, 05:52 AM
Great you can start it by wearing a half and half scarf.

marinello59
03-11-2018, 06:07 AM
Great you can start it by wearing a half and half scarf.

You may not agree with the OP but surely he deserves a better response than that?
There might be something in what he says there in that fans of all clubs could stand together on some issues such as religious bigotry. And not just Edinburgh football fans but decent supporters from all clubs including both sides of the Old Firm. It’s certainly an area worth exploring.

JimboHibs
03-11-2018, 06:13 AM
You may not agree with the OP but surely he deserves a better response than that?
There might be something in what he says there in that fans of all clubs could stand together on some issues such as religious bigotry. And not just Edinburgh football fans but decent supporters from all clubs including both sides of the Old Firm. It’s certainly an area worth exploring.

I agree with poster,half and half scarf to start the collaboration.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-11-2018, 06:53 AM
Interesting to reflect.

Refugees Welcome.
Show racism the red card.
Initiavives around diversity LBGT
Both clubs have iniatives supporting mental health and part of fit fans in training.

Its not about a a slogan or a banner however - it’s about walking the walk and talking thebtalk.

How do clubs fair against them...?

All refugees (except catholic’s and Rudi Skacel)?
Paul Hartley and All the Hibees are gay...
And Jambos referred to as “puddle drinkers”

appreciate this is a football forum and theres “banter” but isn’t there some double standards around holding up a banner sharing hashtags whilst persisting with some
of the above behaviours?

Were all Jock Tamson’s bairns - or are we?

and by the way I ask this As much for me as I do for others...

BoomtownHibees
03-11-2018, 07:37 AM
Interesting to reflect.

Refugees Welcome.
Show racism the red card.
Initiavives around diversity LBGT
Both clubs have iniatives supporting mental health and part of fit fans in training.

Its not about a a slogan or a banner however - it’s about walking the walk and talking thebtalk.

How do clubs fair against them...?

All refugees (except catholic’s and Rudi Skacel)?
Paul Hartley and All the Hibees are gay...
And Jambos referred to as “puddle drinkers”

appreciate this is a football forum and theres “banter” but isn’t there some double standards around holding up a banner sharing hashtags whilst persisting with some
of the above behaviours?

Were all Jock Tamson’s bairns - or are we?

and by the way I ask this As much for me as I do for others...

You make a few decent points but I don’t see why you would include calling them “puddle drinkers” within it

Viva_Palmeiras
03-11-2018, 07:44 AM
You make a few decent points but I don’t see why you would include calling them “puddle drinkers” within it

And “window lickers”.

As autism awareness kicks in perhaps folks with think twice.