PDA

View Full Version : Billy Connolly joke?

Hibbyradge
02-11-2018, 05:19 PM
Can you remember the joke he told about (I think) the wee boy who tells the Pope to F off?

I'm trying to find it on YouTube but no joy so far.

Carheenlea
14-12-2018, 08:07 PM
I think it went along the lines of a little boy at school who got introduced to the pope and told him to F -Off, then the pope gave a lengthy reply to the boy explaining and listing his life's work and how he came to be the pope after many years - things like studying theology, becoming a priest, then a bishop, on to a Cardinal and so on, then finishing by saying to the boy " and you`re telling ME to F -Off?? YOU F -Off.."

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-12-2018, 08:14 PM
MWC would be proud of that joke.

Hibbyradge
15-12-2018, 01:36 PM
I think it went along the lines of a little boy at school who got introduced to the pope and told him to F -Off, then the pope gave a lengthy reply to the boy explaining and listing his life's work and how he came to be the pope after many years - things like studying theology, becoming a priest, then a bishop, on to a Cardinal and so on, then finishing by saying to the boy " and you`re telling ME to F -Off?? YOU F -Off.."

It was exactly that.

I just wanted to learn the build up to the punchline.

Hermit Crab
17-12-2018, 05:12 AM
I’m sure it’s on the DVD called 30 years of Billy Connolly.

Hibbyradge
17-12-2018, 09:22 AM
I’m sure it’s on the DVD called 30 years of Billy Connolly.

Thanks. I'll try to find that.

Hermit Crab
17-12-2018, 03:33 PM
Thanks. I'll try to find that.

I had it somewhere but I think its been misplaced in a recent house move, very good DVD, hilarious.

Hibbyradge
17-12-2018, 05:55 PM
Erect for 30 years?