PDA

View Full Version : Team v St Johnstone

Diclonius
02-11-2018, 05:21 PM
I have no idea whether or not Kamberi is out, but I'm assuming Gray and Hanlon still are. My preferred team works the same either way.

Bogdan

Whittaker/Mavrias Ambrose McGregor Stevenson

Bartley

Boyle Mallan Milligan Horgan

Kamberi/Maclaren

Brooster
02-11-2018, 05:29 PM
We don't need Bartley for this game.

Iggy Pope
02-11-2018, 05:30 PM
Excellent. Some chat about the fitba'.

PS I can't labour through the lot, I've been under a rock since Wednesday about half 10, but is there any reason why Flo wouldn't be missing tomorrow?

MacGruber
02-11-2018, 05:42 PM
Kamberi is out and Jamie Mac clearly isn't fit for 90 so leaves us light up front. If we aren't pitching Shaw in under these circumstances what is the point of his place in the squad?

Would go

Bogdan

Porteous
McGregor
Ambrose

Boyle
Stevenson

Milligan
Mallan
Hyndman

Horgan
Shaw

Would wonder if Marvias could give us an attacking option too.
Jamie Mac off the bench

B.H.F.C
02-11-2018, 05:42 PM
Expect 3 or 4 changes and a more attack minded line up than Wednesday. Who that will be I have no idea.

K.Marx
02-11-2018, 05:46 PM
Would like a 4-3-3 as below:

Bodgan

Stevenson
Porteous
Ambrose
Mavrias

Hyndman
Milligan
Mallan

Horgan
Shaw (or McLaren)
Boyle

Wouldn’t be surprised if we went 4-4-2 though with Shaw and McLaren up top though. Hopefully a good receiption for Neil.

Billy Whizz
02-11-2018, 05:46 PM
Expect 3 or 4 changes and a more attack minded line up than Wednesday. Who that will be I have no idea.

I think you’re right. Can see Horgan and Hyndman at least starting, plus whoever replaces Flo

we are hibs
02-11-2018, 05:47 PM
Bogdan

Gray if fit if he's not then Whittaker
McGregor
Efe
Stevenson

Boyle
Mallan
Milligan
Horgan

Maclaren
Shaw

hfc rd
02-11-2018, 05:56 PM
Bogdan

Ambrose
McGregor
Porteous

Boyle
Hyndman
Milligan
Mallan
Stevenson

Horgan

Maclaren

MacGruber
02-11-2018, 06:13 PM
Whatever the team 3 points is a must and hopefully Hearts lose at Parkhead. Would make the derby point feel better with the gap cut to 5 (with a game in hand)

Allant1981
02-11-2018, 07:59 PM
bogdan
mavrias
ambrose
mcgregor
stevenson
slivka
milligan
mallan
horgan
boyle
maclaren

EH54
02-11-2018, 08:58 PM
Bogdan

Ambrose
Mcgregor
Milligan
Stevenson

Bartley
Slivka
Mallan
Hyndman

Shaw
Boyle

Billy Whizz
02-11-2018, 08:58 PM
Be nice to talk about football again tomorrow

Lancs Harp
02-11-2018, 08:59 PM
Be nice to talk about football again tomorrow

Totally Billy.

bigwheel
02-11-2018, 09:00 PM
Big game for us this. Need a win to keep us in the mix up top ...Saints are a bit of a bogey team and on a run of form. Should be a good game.

Billy Whizz
02-11-2018, 09:05 PM
Big game for us this. Need a win to keep us in the mix up top ...Saints are a bit of a bogey team and on a run of form. Should be a good game.

We do need to win, but I’m sure we will

Sir David Gray
02-11-2018, 09:13 PM
Kamberi will definitely be suspended, I'm not sure why some people think he might not be.

Bogdan

Stevenson
McGregor
Porteous
Ambrose

Milligan
Mallan
Hyndman
Horgan
Boyle

Shaw

SUBS

Marciano
Nelom
Whittaker
Bartley
Slivka
Allan
Maclaren

bigwheel
02-11-2018, 09:16 PM
We do need to win, but I’m sure we will

I’m less confident than you - but I usually call it wrong ! [emoji2][emoji106]

Billy Whizz
02-11-2018, 09:16 PM
I’m less confident than you - but I usually call it wrong ! [emoji2][emoji106]

We usually win at home

bigwheel
02-11-2018, 09:18 PM
We usually win at home

Form has been superb. Some big players missing though - but hopefully enough about us to tuck them away ...continue our good progress. When you consider the change in our squad , it’s been an impressive response from the team

B.H.F.C
02-11-2018, 09:29 PM
Form has been superb. Some big players missing though - but hopefully enough about us to tuck them away ...continue our good progress. When you consider the change in our squad , it’s been an impressive response from the team

Whoever plays, they need to just find a way to win. We have done most of the time in 2018 so need that to continue.

A win makes it a decent week. Anything less and it’s been a poor week.

Hearts will lose and Killie play Aberdeen. We’ll probably be competing with them all over the course of the season so can’t pass up the opportunity to gain points on at least two of them.

Smartie
02-11-2018, 10:26 PM
Funny how Whittaker puts in a good performance on Wednesday yet hardly anyone would have him starting this Saturday.

bigwheel
02-11-2018, 10:47 PM
Whoever plays, they need to just find a way to win. We have done most of the time in 2018 so need that to continue.

A win makes it a decent week. Anything less and it’s been a poor week.

Hearts will lose and Killie play Aberdeen. We’ll probably be competing with them all over the course of the season so can’t pass up the opportunity to gain points on at least two of them.

Yes. It will be a good outcome if we win and those result go that way ...whatever happens tbh. When we get our squad fit again, we will do well enough ..can see us going on a Good run sometime soon again ...

number9dream
02-11-2018, 11:08 PM
Funny how Whittaker puts in a good performance on Wednesday yet hardly anyone would have him starting this Saturday.

Whittaker was good but we need to be more offensive tomorrow.
I’d be tempted to go 3-5-2 again but with Boyle wide right and Shaw up top with MacLaren.
If it is a back four, I’d rather see Whittaker at right back than Ambrose, who is needed in the middle.

The_Horde
02-11-2018, 11:17 PM
Bogdan

Ambrose McGregor Porto Stevenson

Mallan Milligan Slivka

Hyndman

Maclaren Boyle

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-11-2018, 11:30 PM
Bogdan

Ambrose
McGregor
Porteous

Mavrais
Mallan
Milligan
Hyndman
Stevenson

Boyle
Macca

SMAXXA
02-11-2018, 11:35 PM
As long as Milligan is in midfield I will be happy

Inconsequential
03-11-2018, 12:01 AM
Bogdan, Gray, Stevenson, Ambrose, McGregor, Milligan, Boyle, Mallan, Horgan, McLaren, Paatelainen.

Jones28
03-11-2018, 07:01 AM
Would like a 4-3-3 as below:

Bodgan

Stevenson
Porteous
Ambrose
Mavrias

Hyndman
Milligan
Mallan

Horgan
Shaw (or McLaren)
Boyle

Wouldn’t be surprised if we went 4-4-2 though with Shaw and McLaren up top though. Hopefully a good receiption for Neil.

I like it, really attacking.

Only change I would make is Whittaker in at RB.

murray26
03-11-2018, 07:15 AM
As already said I think shaw should start apart from that I would like to see a more positive team from Lenny today.. Mavrias for Whitty and perhaps bring in Horgan for Bartley.. goals win matches..

Big90inOz
03-11-2018, 07:51 AM
Cannot have McLaren on his own up front

Allant1981
03-11-2018, 08:03 AM
Horgan

Mavrias
Efe
Daz
Lewis

Milligan

Slivka
Mallan
Hyndman

Boyle
Shaw

i hope thats not the team and we play a goalie!!

bigwheel
03-11-2018, 08:10 AM
i hope thats not tbe team and we play a goalie!!

think we are going for the old skool "two and yer in"...tactic... :greengrin

Ronniekirk
03-11-2018, 08:15 AM
We busted a gut to get Kamberi and Mclaren back and to date thete hasn't been a game where they have both played together when fully fit
So we have that to look forward to unless Mclarens back injury continues to play up

Today is all about three points as we haven't beaten St Johnstone sincewe returned to top flight and they have found a bit of form in thier last three games

bigwheel
03-11-2018, 08:30 AM
We busted a gut to get Kamberi and Mclaren back and to date thete hasn't been a game where they have both played together when fully fit
So we have that to look forward to unless Mclarens back injury continues to play up

Today is all about three points as we haven't beaten St Johnstone sincewe returned to top flight and they have found a bit of form in thier last three games

yes, we've been unlucky there - it has been an issue for Lennon - never yet played his best 11. Agyepong seems to have recurring issues too.

High winds (up to 50mph) forecast for Edinburgh this afternoon...could impact the quality of the game..might be a day again for steel in our team...

J-C
03-11-2018, 09:06 AM
[QUOTE=allant1981;5594453]i hope thats not tbe team and we play a goalie!![/Q2UOTE]

Haha auto correct

Tyler Durden
03-11-2018, 09:26 AM

He was put in against Hearts to do a specific job, mainly to win some headers and he did that well. Wasn’t great with the ball IMO.

Most people want to revert to a back 4 and I don’t think that’s a role that suits Whittaker at this point. I’d much rather give the new boy a run out and see what he’s capable of.

Similarly Bartley played well but I hope he is nowhere near the team today

eastcoasthibby
03-11-2018, 09:27 AM
We need to play 2 up front ..I suspect Shaw and Boyle as there seems a reluctance to play MccLaren which concerns me !
I hope we get to a place in the game where we can get either or both of our two full backs signings on the pitch for some game time given the December schedule ahead. I would be disappointed to see Bartley start today, as its a game where we need to get the ball moving quickly about the pitch ...

bigwheel
03-11-2018, 09:54 AM
He was put in against Hearts to do a specific job, mainly to win some headers and he did that well. Wasn’t great with the ball IMO.

Most people want to revert to a back 4 and I don’t think that’s a role that suits Whittaker at this point. I’d much rather give the new boy a run out and see what he’s capable of.

was anyone?

Lennon seems to like Whittaker doesn't he.. plays him most opportunities to do so..expect him to feature today..

BoomtownHibees
03-11-2018, 09:56 AM
was anyone?

Lennon seems to like Whittaker doesn't he.. plays him most opportunities to do so..expect him to feature today..

Wednesday was the first he has started in a while

bigwheel
03-11-2018, 10:02 AM
Wednesday was the first he has started in a while

yes..gets game time though almost every time he is fit to play - was injured against Hamilton so didn't feature..has got minutes in most other recent games..

BoomtownHibees
03-11-2018, 10:04 AM
yes..gets game time though almost every time he is fit to play - was injured against Hamilton so didn't feature..has got minutes in most other recent games..

He was sub against Hamilton. He might get mins today, he might start. Thought he done ok on Wednesday. Wouldn’t be in my ideal starting 11 but will depend on what shape NL is looking at

H18 SFR
03-11-2018, 10:05 AM
Do we have an injury update for today?

bigwheel
03-11-2018, 10:07 AM
He was sub against Hamilton. He might get mins today, he might start. Thought he done ok on Wednesday. Wouldn’t be in my ideal starting 11 but will depend on what shape NL is looking at

don't think he would start in anyone's ideal 11...but we have 4-5 key players out - he has largely done well in recent games- was one of our better performers on Wednesday imo - have no problem with him if picked..

BoomtownHibees
03-11-2018, 10:09 AM
don't think he would start in anyone's ideal 11...but we have 4-5 key players out - he has largely done well in recent games- was one of our better performers on Wednesday imo - have no problem with him if picked..

I’d be tempted to go:

Bogdan

Whitty
Efe
McGregor/Porteous
Lewis

Milligan
Slivka
Mallan

Boyle
Mclaren
Horgan

bigwheel
03-11-2018, 10:11 AM
I’d be tempted to go:

Bogdan

Whitty
Efe
McGregor/Porteous
Lewis

Milligan
Slivka
Mallan

Boyle
Mclaren
Horgan

if that is with Boyle and Horgan tucking back when we don't have the ball I'd be happy with that.

I think we may go with a 3-5-2...similar 11 , but slightly different shape.

Looking forward to the game though - think it will be a tough one , and should be good to watch.

J-C
03-11-2018, 10:15 AM
was anyone?

Mavrias was brought in as back up for Gray, he's probably short of match fitness, he comes with a good pedigree. Whittaker did ok Wednesday but he looks slow and distribution was poor.

bigwheel
03-11-2018, 10:18 AM
Mavrias was brought in as back up for Gray, he's probably short of match fitness, he comes with a good pedigree. Whittaker did ok Wednesday but he looks slow and distribution was poor.

Lennon seems to keep back up players as just back up doesn't he...rarely plays these guys - wouldn't mind seeing him get a start if he is doing well in training.

Lennon also seems to trust Whittaker - probably his game experience. Plays him when he needs to look for a sub or a player to fill a gap. I don't see his distribution being too bad. Can play a wayward ball or two, but we have a few of those..

Dancehibs
03-11-2018, 10:20 AM

Is the new boy fit ? Probably hasn’t played since last season

J-C
03-11-2018, 10:22 AM
Lennon seems to keep back up players as just back up doesn't he...rarely plays these guys - wouldn't mind seeing him get a start if he is doing well in training.

Lennon also seems to trust Whittaker - probably his game experience. Plays him when he needs to look for a sub or a player to fill a gap. I don't see his distribution being too bad. Can play a wayward ball or two, but we have a few of those..

I think it's more speed of thought, age can be a bugger for that, saying that he has been a bit more reliable recently, was he not carrying an injury last season.

Smartie
03-11-2018, 10:25 AM
I think it's more speed of thought, age can be a bugger for that, saying that he has been a bit more reliable recently, was he not carrying an injury last season.

He's done well when played on the right.

He also hasn't looked slow or cumbersome there, which he did at times last season and also when he's been played centrally.

Whittaker's distribution is generally excellent, Wednesday was a tough night for all the players.

hibeejeebies
03-11-2018, 10:26 AM
While we're on the team I noticed Miquel Nelom wasn't with the squad on Wednesday. Carrying an injury?

Cheers

bigwheel
03-11-2018, 10:28 AM

Agree - in recent weeks has never let us down. Since the Game in Greece for me - whenever he’s come in he has done an OK job ..I thought he was one who got pass marks on Wednesday. Would be nice to see the new guy get a run if he is as decent as his pedigree suggests though

Scooter
03-11-2018, 10:33 AM
Lennon said he was going to freshen it up so I can see the likes or Harry, Nelom starting and Horgan and Hyndman coming in.

Just to get Jamie fit I'd start him upfront with Lewis Allan, done really well against livi

Heisenberg
03-11-2018, 10:37 AM
Bogdan

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon

Mavrias
Milligan
Mallan
Hyndman
Stevenson

Maclaren
Boyle

Dancehibs
03-11-2018, 10:39 AM
Lennon said he was going to freshen it up so I can see the likes or Harry, Nelom starting and Horgan and Hyndman coming in.

Just to get Jamie fit I'd start him upfront with Lewis Allan, done really well against livi
Be suprised if all that happens. Lewis Allan was bAng average. 22 years old and won’t make it. He hasn’t featured since.

Jamie Gullen showed more in ten minutes when he came on.

Billy Whizz
03-11-2018, 10:41 AM
While we're on the team I noticed Miquel Nelom wasn't with the squad on Wednesday. Carrying an injury?

Cheers

Noticed that too, but just think he went with a right back rather than a left back on the bench

04Sauzee
03-11-2018, 10:51 AM
Be suprised if all that happens. Lewis Allan was bAng average. 22 years old and won’t make it. He hasn’t featured since.

Jamie Gullen showed more in ten minutes when he came on.
Thought Gullen looked good in his cameo role, I'd love to stay Fraser Murray win some game time

RoxburghHibs
03-11-2018, 11:07 AM
Bogdan

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon

Mavrias
Milligan
Mallan
Hyndman
Stevenson

Maclaren
Boyle

Swap Gray for Mavrias and that’s the starting XI for me

bigwheel
03-11-2018, 11:29 AM
Four ex Hibees in the Saints squad today - that’s got trouble written all over it [emoji102]

Heisenberg
03-11-2018, 11:31 AM
Swap Gray for Mavrias and that’s the starting XI for me

I would’ve had that as well but I think he might still be injured.

Ronniekirk
03-11-2018, 05:22 PM
yes, we've been unlucky there - it has been an issue for Lennon - never yet played his best 11. Agyepong seems to have recurring issues too.

High winds (up to 50mph) forecast for Edinburgh this afternoon...could impact the quality of the game..might be a day again for steel in our team...

We never got going today Dissapointing Result against a team we can't beat But at times we were poor going forward when it came to decision making and that restricted us to few. chances so one goal iether way was likely to win it

bigwheel
03-11-2018, 05:56 PM
We never got going today Dissapointing Result against a team we can't beat But at times we were poor going forward when it came to decision making and that restricted us to few. chances so one goal iether way was likely to win it

Yeah. Agree with that..St Johnstone looked more fluid..thought they edged it and deserved the three points..we looked
Like a team that had barely Played together

Allant1981
03-11-2018, 05:57 PM
Yeah. Agree with that..St Johnstone looked more fluid..thought they edged it and deserved the three points..we looked
Like a team that had barely Played together

st johnstone were just as rubbish as us

Mr Grieves
03-11-2018, 06:05 PM
st johnstone were just as rubbish as us

St Johnstone weren't rubbish, Tommy Wright got his game plan spot on. Their players stuck to it and they were rewarded.

BullsCloseHibs
03-11-2018, 06:07 PM
Tommy Wright is a mess of a man.

Allant1981
03-11-2018, 06:07 PM
St Johnstone weren't rubbish, Tommy Wright got his game plan spot on. Their players stuck to it and they were rewarded.

st johnstone were not good today, they had a couple of chamces yes but none more than us, bad defending cost us, not good play from them