PDA

View Full Version : Celtic fans tomorrow

G B Young
02-11-2018, 02:59 PM
According to a work colleague there's a Lennon tribute planned when they play the yams tomorrow, whether in song or banner form I'm not sure.

We should certainly unfurl the Lennon banner tomorrow IMHO.

Away from Lennon, it would also be good to see Celtic pick up where they left off at Murrayfield v the yams to round off a pretty dismal week for them on the playing field and in terms of damage to their reputation. A sound thrashing would all but strip away the feelgood early season factor, although Potter will have them set up simply to concede as few as possible.

wpj
02-11-2018, 03:08 PM
I'm sure it's well intentioned but why do fans of another team feel the need to have a tribute to Hibernian's manager. It's all getting a bit OTT now IMHO. We are big enough and cool enough as fans to support our own players and management.

JeMeSouviens
02-11-2018, 03:13 PM
Shame there will only be 400 (I hear) Jambos there to see it. :wink: Not very confident for a table topping team.

BegbieHSC
02-11-2018, 03:13 PM
I'm sure it's well intentioned but why do fans of another team feel the need to have a tribute to Hibernian's manager. It's all getting a bit OTT now IMHO. We are big enough and cool enough as fans to support our own players and management.

Good on Celtic tbh.

As Lenny has highlighted, it’s a Scotland wide societal issue, so the more showing solidarity the better. Hope we’ve got something in the mix.

Johnny Clash
02-11-2018, 03:17 PM
If a former Hibs legend was suffering abuse and getting attacked whilst working elsewhere I’d like to think all hibees would be willing to stand up and show a bit of solidarity!

Gmack7
02-11-2018, 03:24 PM
Nice touch supporting a successful ex player/manager. I'm not sure any views held by the best fans in the world should be taken seriously

SirDavidsNapper
02-11-2018, 04:04 PM
Celtic can show their support by pumping Hearts 10-0. Then they can concentrate on Palestine again.

hibeerealist
02-11-2018, 09:41 PM
Celtic can show their support by pumping Hearts 10-0. Then they can concentrate on Palestine again.

LOL yes make it happen

CentreLine
02-11-2018, 10:15 PM

I would much rather see a show of support from fans of all of the other clubs around Scotland rather than Celtic. I just feel that is polarising the issue if it’s Celtic fans and can’t help but feel that in turn will promote the agenda of the lunatic, sectarian right we are beginning to see in the hearts support.

BullsCloseHibs
02-11-2018, 10:18 PM
Nice touch from Celtic. Hope those wearing maroon tomorrow get a good sight of it and also good sight of their team getting humped.

The 90+2
02-11-2018, 10:19 PM
Sticking up for their old captain and legend I have no issue with. Hope they smash they ****s

Franck Stanton
02-11-2018, 11:48 PM
Sticking up for their old captain and legend I have no issue with. Hope they smash they ****s

Both on and off the pitch. Normally don't Condon fans fighting, but after the elderly lady being hit by a bottle thrown by a cowardly yam nutter and then followed up with the carry on at tiny , well, I'll be a happy Chapie if they take a right good doing.

Dashing Bob S
03-11-2018, 12:10 AM
It is a nice gesture from Celtic fans, and I'm sure it's largely well intentioned.

However, we should be focusing on our own tribute and not allowing ourselves to get lumped in with them. Hearts fans are too dim to see this with their mini Rangers obsession, but Edinburgh fans aping the OF is exactly what the football authorities and media in this country want. They can pander the delusion that sectarianism is a 'Scottish' thing rather than an Old Firm affair, and resist penalizing these clubs - thus business as usual for the sectarian toy town set up.

Basically, every club in Scotland take the Hun sectarian songbook when ourselves and Celtic come to visit them. In most cases it's the wind up of limited imagination simpletons. (The exceptions are the bigger east coast clubs like A'deen and Dundee United.) But we shouldn't be making a common cause with Celtic. They have historically gained through the amplification of sectarianism and will continue to do so. They remain a shabby, corrupt and cynical organization on this issue. Let's keep taking the high road and oppose it, but not by being an anti-matter Hun/Jambo outfit.

CLASS OF 72 -73
03-11-2018, 02:58 AM
According to a work colleague there's a Lennon tribute planned when they play the yams tomorrow, whether in song or banner form I'm not sure.

Away from Lennon, it would also be good to see Celtic pick up where they left off at Murrayfield v the yams to round off a pretty dismal week for them on the playing field and in terms of damage to their reputation. A sound thrashing would all but strip away the feelgood early season factor, although Potter will have them set up simply to concede as few as possible.

Agree we should be supporting Lennon with a banner not Celtic. He is proving to be our best Manager since Turnbull and deserves our support. Celtic will see him as one of their own and will jump on any bandwagon in defense of their culture. Media and government while not in denial do nothing regarding the bigotry scourge in our society .
As a proud Scot living in England I am ashamed by it.

PONGO
03-11-2018, 07:04 AM

Away from Lennon, it would also be good to see Celtic pick up where they left off at Murrayfield v the yams to round off a pretty dismal week for them

on the playing field and in terms of damage to their reputation. A sound thrashing would all but strip away the feelgood early season factor, although Potter will have them set up simply to concede as few as possible.

**** them with their disgusting chants that they sing . ****.... just like the huns and the puddle drinkers .

JimBHibees
03-11-2018, 07:07 AM
It is a nice gesture from Celtic fans, and I'm sure it's largely well intentioned.

However, we should be focusing on our own tribute and not allowing ourselves to get lumped in with them. Hearts fans are too dim to see this with their mini Rangers obsession, but Edinburgh fans aping the OF is exactly what the football authorities and media in this country want. They can pander the delusion that sectarianism is a 'Scottish' thing rather than an Old Firm affair, and resist penalizing these clubs - thus business as usual for the sectarian toy town set up.

Basically, every club in Scotland take the Hun sectarian songbook when ourselves and Celtic come to visit them. In most cases it's the wind up of limited imagination simpletons. (The exceptions are the bigger east coast clubs like A'deen and Dundee United.) But we shouldn't be making a common cause with Celtic. They have historically gained through the amplification of sectarianism and will continue to do so. They remain a shabby, corrupt and cynical organization on this issue. Let's keep taking the high road and oppose it, but not by being an anti-matter Hun/Jambo outfit.

Absolutely spot on.

Carheenlea
03-11-2018, 07:14 AM
Celtic fans doing this will be doing so for a popular former player and manager, and their display of support will have absolutely no reference to Hibs.
There will be plenty support for Neil Lennon at Easter Road as well, and I don’t have any problems with Celtic fans doing the same.

Eyrie
03-11-2018, 10:11 AM
Neil Lennon made this comment about how widespread sectarian abuse is.

"And I'm not the only one to suffer from sectarian abuse. There are plenty of Rangers players who suffer it and I think it's disgusting in this day and age."

Very easy to recognise who would be the culprits.

chrisski33
03-11-2018, 10:20 AM

No it's not a bit OTT now about time this was all addressed and dealt with. It's brushed under the carpet too much in Scotland

Johnny Clash
03-11-2018, 02:26 PM
Hearts losing a goal on the 18th minute . Karma alive and well!

wpj
03-11-2018, 02:40 PM
No it's not a bit OTT now about time this was all addressed and dealt with. It's brushed under the carpet too much in Scotland

Ok but I dont want celtc to be the administrators of our protests. I fear it may enforce their " wee cousins" act which I have no time for. I want Hibs to make a stand, fans and employees.

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-11-2018, 02:41 PM
3 0 now 😃

hibsbollah
03-11-2018, 02:43 PM
'One Neil Lennon' being sung loudly at Celtic, 3-0 up against Hertz.

The Tubs
03-11-2018, 02:59 PM
Neil Lennon made this comment about how widespread sectarian abuse is.

Very easy to recognise who would be the culprits.

Indeed. He also said that you have 40 or 60 thousand singing this stuff every week. Can you get 60 thousand in ibrox?