PDA

View Full Version : Illegal Hibs Tv

KiddA
02-11-2018, 01:31 PM
Just noticed on Facebook that there is a guy selling illegal tv streaming service. Now I get that tv is expensive these days but this really rubs me up the wrong way when someone is stealing from Hibs. I pay a monthly subscription for a very good service and get to see all the Home and some away games. My thing is why should someone make money and steal from Hibs at the same time. He has a link to Hibs tv on the service he is offering. This is just stealing from the club I love

Thoughts please fellow Hibbys

Ryan91
02-11-2018, 01:34 PM
Just noticed on Facebook that there is a guy selling illegal tv streaming service. Now I get that tv is expensive these days but this really rubs me up the wrong way when someone is stealing from Hibs. I pay a monthly subscription for a very good service and get to see all the Home and some away games. My thing is why should someone make money and steal from Hibs at the same time. He has a link to Hibs tv on the service he is offering. This is just stealing from the club I love

Report it to Facebook and make someone at Hibs TV aware, provide a link and the guys name.

Fife-Hibee
02-11-2018, 01:35 PM
Don't really see the problem. Hibs TV stole from Hearts TV on wednesday. :duck:

Big_Franck
02-11-2018, 01:40 PM

It was always going to happen when the club blocked fans in the UK from using VPNs. I used to subscribe to Hibs TV and when I couldn't take up my season ticket seat due to illness or other commitments I'd watch the game on Hibs TV.

It looks like you've found one of the ways around the club's block on VPNs. If/when this one is removed there'll be another one in it's place.

jst1875
02-11-2018, 01:59 PM
It was always going to happen when the club blocked fans in the UK from using VPNs. I used to subscribe to Hibs TV and when I couldn't take up my season ticket seat due to illness or other commitments I'd watch the game on Hibs TV.

It looks like you've found one of the ways around the club's block on VPNs. If/when this one is removed there'll be another one in it's place.

when did hibs tv put a block on vpn ?

HFC_NYC
02-11-2018, 02:00 PM
Does anyone know if the fact that non overseas fans can watch the game has an impact of the quality of the stream for us true overseas fans? In other words, does having more people using the stream have an impact on the quality? It does seem that the quality of the higher profile games is never as good as the less glamorous games.

The_Horde
02-11-2018, 02:07 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I pay for hibs tv but would pay for this on top of that for the games I can't see since I'm in the UK.

James310
02-11-2018, 02:10 PM
Does anyone know if the fact that non overseas fans can watch the game has an impact of the quality of the stream for us true overseas fans? In other words, does having more people using the stream have an impact on the quality? It does seem that the quality of the higher profile games is never as good as the less glamorous games.

I am no expert but what these IPTV providers will do is get one direct stream and then put that on their servers, so impact to those fans watching is probably none as people with IPTV will be streaming off there server rather than Hibs TV. I think.

Andy Bee
02-11-2018, 02:44 PM

There isn't a block on VPNs, I think the problem was people buying UK subs and then using a VPN to view the more expensive Int'l sub streams which has now been stopped. You can still purchase an Int'l sub and view via a VPN.

The IPTV sub with Hibs TV wouldn't cause any problems with legitimate Hibs TV subscribers because it's effectively just one stream beemed out to all the IPTV subscribers, it will though, make it pretty easy for HTV to identify who's ripping them and the club off.

Big_Franck
02-11-2018, 02:47 PM
There isn't a block on VPNs, I think the problem was people buying UK subs and then using a VPN to view the more expensive Int'l sub streams which has now been stopped. You can still purchase an Int'l sub and view via a VPN.

The IPTV sub with Hibs TV wouldn't cause any problems with legitimate Hibs TV subscribers because it's effectively just one stream beemed out to all the IPTV subscribers, it will though, make it pretty easy for HTV to identify who's ripping them and the club off.

Sorry, that's what I was referring to. Not sure how they blocked/stopped it but it was a couple of years ago now. Round about the time we played Brondby when they decided just not to show the game at all.

Hibs4185
02-11-2018, 02:53 PM
When you watch hibs tv ‘abroad’ your username appears on the screen. If anyone then streams this to other platforms I’d imagine it would be pretty easy for the club to identify and cancel that subscription

KiddA
02-11-2018, 02:58 PM

I am in the fence regarding the club blocking the vpm. I can understand why the club does it so they can get more bums on seats but I also feel for the fans like yourself that can’t make the game and other Hibs fans in the uk. There has to be a happy medium so the club can also make money for the service. I’m just not a fan of paying some dodgy stream who will be making plenty money and taking away revenue that the club is loosing. The club can use this money to buy players just like when fans buy tickets there is no difference.

danhibees1875
02-11-2018, 05:07 PM
I am in the fence regarding the club blocking the vpm. I can understand why the club does it so they can get more bums on seats but I also feel for the fans like yourself that can’t make the game and other Hibs fans in the uk. There has to be a happy medium so the club can also make money for the service. I’m just not a fan of paying some dodgy stream who will be making plenty money and taking away revenue that the club is loosing. The club can use this money to buy players just like when fans buy tickets there is no difference.

Is it not more about not breaking the law than bums on seats? You can't broadcast a 3pm Saturday kick off to a UK audience.

judas
02-11-2018, 05:28 PM
Totally agree with the OP anyone depriving hibs is no friend of mine.

Let’s get him outed

Carheenlea
02-11-2018, 05:42 PM
Happy to watch illegal streams for BT or Sky Sports, but wouldn’t do it for Hibs TV. It’s the only subscription I pay for football.

KiddA
02-11-2018, 07:12 PM
Is it not more about not breaking the law than bums on seats? You can't broadcast a 3pm Saturday kick off to a UK audience.

Yeah possibly, I think you are right on that

The Modfather
02-11-2018, 07:22 PM

Playing devils advocate for a minute. Is this any different to the people that watch sky etc through dodgy streams/apps? There was (is?) a msssive thread on here somewhere, possibly the PM board, recommending links etc.

KiddA
02-11-2018, 08:18 PM
Playing devils advocate for a minute. Is this any different to the people that watch sky etc through dodgy streams/apps? There was (is?) a msssive thread on here somewhere, possibly the PM board, recommending links etc.

It is when the club is losing revenue, I know tv can be expensive but this guy was selling a service and Hibs are losing out. This is income for the club and it helps bring in players and help other running costs for the club it’s just the same as selling tickets, food and merchandise.

Jay
02-11-2018, 08:32 PM

Its on the main board. 23 posts containing three possible places to view but no links. We delete links as we see them.

LustForLeith
02-11-2018, 09:03 PM

If man can make it, man can break it

The Modfather
02-11-2018, 09:09 PM
It is when the club is losing revenue, I know tv can be expensive but this guy was selling a service and Hibs are losing out. This is income for the club and it helps bring in players and help other running costs for the club it’s just the same as selling tickets, food and merchandise.

To be honest I was just playing devils advocate to see if there was a general debate that could be had about it being any better or worse to circumnavigate Hibs in this instance, than it is for those that circumnavigate the likes of Sky etc.

Personally, I pay for my TV package and don’t feel the need for Hibs TV with a season ticket so just talking hypothetically.

Dalianwanda
02-11-2018, 09:11 PM
Have to say i’m grateful for any way i can get to see a game..Eire is counted as uk so i can’t even stream from Hibs.tv (im aware there’s nowt hibs can do about this)

Carheenlea
02-11-2018, 09:17 PM
Have to say i’m grateful for any way i can get to see a game..Eire is counted as uk so i can’t even stream from Hibs.tv (im aware there’s nowt hibs can do about this)

Always thought this very unfair for Irish subscribers.