PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Football Podcasts

Heckys Wheel
02-11-2018, 08:20 AM
Does anybody know if there are any more Scottish Football podcasts other than the BBC Sportsound one? I’m doing a lot more driving with my job and quite enjoy the sportsound one but wouldn’t mind mixing it up.

FastEddieFelson
02-11-2018, 08:30 AM
the terrace (http://terracepodcast.net/) is good

Heckys Wheel
02-11-2018, 08:32 AM
the terrace is good

Sorry, I meant to say other than The Terrace. I can’t listen those guys anymore. Would be great for Scottish football content but the guys on it are absolutely terrible. I tried to persevere with it for a while but I’ve given up on it now.

WestEndHibee
02-11-2018, 08:34 AM
Does anybody know if there are any more Scottish Football podcasts other than the BBC Sportsound one? I’m doing a lot more driving with my job and quite enjoy the sportsound one but wouldn’t mind mixing it up.

Have been a big fan of The Two Point One. Good knowledge of all the league rather than just The Rangers and Celtc.

Was excited about the Totally Scottish Football Show but after a couple of weeks found it to be lacking unless focussed on the ugly sisters.

Heckys Wheel
02-11-2018, 09:01 AM
Have been a big fan of The Two Point One. Good knowledge of all the league rather than just The Rangers and Celtc.

Was excited about the Totally Scottish Football Show but after a couple of weeks found it to be lacking unless focussed on the ugly sisters.

Who does them mate? I’ll give them a try.

Not fussed about listening to ex-players talking but people that know a bit about the game would be good.

Steve20
02-11-2018, 09:05 AM
the terrace (http://terracepodcast.net/) is good

The Terrace is far too pro-Hearts. At times, they may as well play the Hearts song in the background. Stopped listening a while back.

SuperAllyMcleod
02-11-2018, 09:08 AM
It’s worth giving Open Goal a go - they usually have two podcasts each week - one which is a preview/review show and the other with an in depth interview.

Recent interviews have included Gary O’Conner and Derek Riordan. The interviews are provided by Simon Ferry, who is still playing at Peterhead.

I also do Off The Ball through the week - not the podcast, I get the full 3.5 hours on the iPlayer App.

Heckys Wheel
02-11-2018, 09:20 AM
The Terrace is far too pro-Hearts. At times, they may as well play the Hearts song in the background. Stopped listening a while back.

I don’t find it overly pro-hearts although there are a few Jambos on it versus one half Hibby.

It’s more the fact they know absolutely f*** all about football yet want to talk formations and tactics on every game in Scottish senior football.

The Jambos on it are insufferable but not really because they’re Jambos. Not sure I can listen to the guy Craig that runs it, laugh at his own jokes anymore. Nor listen to the guy Joe or Joel stutter and splutter his way through an unfunny story. Same goes for the Killie fan who’s tongue is too big for his mouth. Whoever told him he had a voice for podcasts was at it.

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2018, 09:25 AM
Murray Minter75 does a full blog on every HIBS home game on YouTube worth subscribing to costs nothing his blog on the Derby already uploaded to view and all previous games though won’t be available this weekend as on holiday

Heckys Wheel
02-11-2018, 09:25 AM
It’s worth giving Open Goal a go - they usually have two podcasts each week - one which is a preview/review show and the other with an in depth interview.

Recent interviews have included Gary O’Conner and Derek Riordan. The interviews are provided by Simon Ferry, who is still playing at Peterhead.

I also do Off The Ball through the week - not the podcast, I get the full 3.5 hours on the iPlayer App.

I’ve really enjoyed the Open Goal interviews I’ve seen.

Simon Ferry seems to be a good laugh and has the players at ease. I watched the Riordan one and thought that’s the most I’ve ever heard him say.

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2018, 09:27 AM
I’ve really enjoyed the Open Goal interviews I’ve seen.

Simon Ferry seems to be a good laugh and has the players at ease. I watched the Riordan one and thought that’s the most I’ve ever heard him say.
Thought I was watching The Itchy and Scratchy Show! 😂

Heckys Wheel
02-11-2018, 09:29 AM
I know what you mean. Deek’s a shy guy and never looked overly comfortable in front of the cameras but thought he opened up well.