PDA

View Full Version : Standing in the path of a whirlwind

Lancs Harp
01-11-2018, 09:27 PM
St Johnstone on saturday.

Put last night behind us, unite and move forward boys and girls.

Mon the Hibs

:flag::flag::flag:

NAE NOOKIE
01-11-2018, 10:17 PM

Mon the Hibs

Post of the week :top marks

heretoday
01-11-2018, 10:19 PM
post of the week :top marks

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiibbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss!!!!! !!!

IberianHibernian
01-11-2018, 10:59 PM
Huge game against a team which have caused us problems even when struggling and apart from against Celtic are on a good run . Would take a jammy 1 v 0 now . St J have been a top 6 team in most recent years and I`m sure they`ll be hoping to return to top 6 after missing out last year .

SirDavidsNapper
02-11-2018, 07:41 AM
We're going from a derby to a low profile game against St Johnstone. I've seen it loads of times. Crowd and team are usually quite flat. It's only natural after all of Wednesdays addrenlin and energy but we need to try and raise it. St Johnstone have kept 3 clean sheets in a row and Tommy Wright isn't daft. It's a huge game especially with Hearts at Parkhead.

B.H.F.C
02-11-2018, 07:49 AM
Big game.

Win it and we’ll be three points closer to the top of the league at 5 o’clock tomorrow.

Would expect two or three changes to be made.

Keith_M
02-11-2018, 08:04 AM
:top marks

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-11-2018, 08:34 AM
Big game. St Johnstone are in good form.

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2018, 08:36 AM
Gonna be a tough tough game will need to be at our best to come away with anything

Lendo
02-11-2018, 09:06 AM
St. Johnstone are a bit of a bogey team for Lennon. Still not beaten them since taking charge. Three 1-1 draws in Perth and a 1-2 home defeat

That will change tomorrow. 3-1 Hibs

danhibees1875
02-11-2018, 09:24 AM
St. Johnstone are a bit of a bogey team for Lennon. Still not beaten them since taking charge. Three 1-1 draws in Perth and a 1-2 home defeat

That will change tomorrow. 3-1 Hibs

I wonder if they are the only club Lennon has faced and not beaten as Hibs manager. :dunno: (EDIT: Livi)

Assuming no one will become fit for Saturday will it just be the same again with Shaw(Maclaren?) in for Flo?

I'd go for a slight change in shape, although I'm not sure I like the look of it once it's written down:

Bogdan
Whittaker McGregor Ambrose Stevenson
Milligan Bartley Slivka
Mallan
Shaw Boyle

Maybe there is room for Horgan - but Bartley would be the one to make way and that just seems silly to bring him back as captain and then drop him

Bogdan
Mallan Milligan Slivka
Horgan Shaw Boyle

Regradless, 2-0 Hibs as we jump up to 3rd. :aok:

JimBHibees
02-11-2018, 10:31 AM
Tough game as they are on a decent run at the moment and have good experienced top league players.

Flo will be a big miss but opportunity for assuming Jamie and Oli to step up.

bingo70
02-11-2018, 10:33 AM
Anyone know what time today's pre-match press conference is?

Suspect Lennon could have a few interesting things to say on the back of some of the comments over the last day or two.

StevesFamau5
02-11-2018, 11:42 AM

Mon the Hibs

:top marks:top marks100% Couldn't agree more.

Let's get back to doing what we do best, playing good football on a proper pitch and winning!

:nlgwa:flag:

1van Sprou7e
02-11-2018, 11:46 AM
I wonder if they are the only club Lennon has faced and not beaten as Hibs manager. :dunno: (EDIT: Livi)

Assuming no one will become fit for Saturday will it just be the same again with Shaw(Maclaren?) in for Flo?

I'd go for a slight change in shape, although I'm not sure I like the look of it once it's written down:

Bogdan
Milligan Bartley Slivka
Mallan
Shaw Boyle

Maybe there is room for Horgan - but Bartley would be the one to make way and that just seems silly to bring him back as captain and then drop him

Bogdan
Mallan Milligan Slivka
Horgan Shaw Boyle

Regradless, 2-0 Hibs as we jump up to 3rd. :aok:

Molde is the only team I can think of

We beat livi in last season's league cup

danhibees1875
02-11-2018, 11:52 AM
Molde is the only team I can think of

We beat livi in last season's league cup

Right enough! Good shout with Molde - not sure how we rectify that one. :greengrin

Tyler Durden
02-11-2018, 12:04 PM
Need to get back to a back 4 and there's no way we should be playing both Bartley and Milligan. Back to the inter changing and mobile midfield that we saw against Hamilton and 2nd half of Celtic game. If Gray is not fit I'd be going with

Bogdan

Harry
Stevenson
Porteous
Ambrose

Milligan

Boyle
Mallan
Hyndman
Horgan

Maclaren

18Craig75
02-11-2018, 12:22 PM
Hopefully we go back to playing our usual style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CmoantheHibs
02-11-2018, 01:14 PM
Need to get back to a back 4 and there's no way we should be playing both Bartley and Milligan. Back to the inter changing and mobile midfield that we saw against Hamilton and 2nd half of Celtic game. If Gray is not fit I'd be going with

Bogdan

Harry
Stevenson
Porteous
Ambrose

Milligan

Boyle
Mallan
Hyndman
Horgan

Maclaren

That's the team I would go for.

Onceinawhile
02-11-2018, 01:40 PM
Bogdan

Porteous
Mcgregor
Ambrose

Stevenson
Boyle

Milligan
Mallan
Hyndman

Shaw
J mac.

JimBHibees
02-11-2018, 02:11 PM
Bogdan

Porteous
Mcgregor
Ambrose

Stevenson
Boyle

Milligan
Mallan
Hyndman

Shaw
J mac.

Agree with that team looks good.

Lancs Harp
02-11-2018, 02:20 PM
You would expect St Johnstone to play it tight. They have only managed 11 league goals all season and their good result at Livingston the other night only had 5 shots in total by both teams together in the entire match. We all have a good idea how Livingston like to play, I'd say St Johnstone are similar. Could be tough to break down, but we have tools to do it.

B.H.F.C
02-11-2018, 02:28 PM
Bogdan

Porteous
Mcgregor
Ambrose

Stevenson
Boyle

Milligan
Mallan
Hyndman

Shaw
J mac.

That might not be far away from the team we see.

I think he will want to get MacLaren in the team but he can’t play up front on his own sk partnering him with Oli might make sense.

murray26
02-11-2018, 04:04 PM
This is another huge game the team should and will be right up for it.. we really need to push on now if we want a top 4 finish..

G B Young
02-11-2018, 04:04 PM
With the aftermath of the derby continuing to dominate the headlines, it's important not to overlook how important tomorrow's game is. More important to win this one that to have won the derby IMHO. These are the games we must avoid slipping up in if we're going to keep pace at the top end of the table.

St Johnstone seem to step up their game against Hibs but hopefully we can pick up the three points. Likely to be a tight affair though.

Hibee Mac
02-11-2018, 04:22 PM
Hope we can expect a good crowd and atmosphere for this one considering it feels like we've not played at Easter Road in forever.

Diclonius
02-11-2018, 04:23 PM
Is Kamberi suspended or is the suspension suspended for a week?

Onceinawhile
02-11-2018, 04:30 PM
Is Kamberi suspended or is the suspension suspended for a week?

Suspended.

Golden Bear
02-11-2018, 04:58 PM
You know these friggin international breaks have put a dampner on my appetite and the shenanigans following on from the derby have not helped. Hopefully I'll be a bit more enthusiastic tomorrow!

adhibs
02-11-2018, 05:06 PM
Can't wait for tomorrow, it's the most I've been up for a run of the mill.league game for a very long time. Still johnstone will make things very difficult, but no reason we can put them away.

LustForLeith
02-11-2018, 08:23 PM

Mon the Hibs

Looking forward to the game. My daughters been selected to take part in the 10 second challenge at half time tomorrow. Mon the Hibs Kids!

I meant to say she’s wearing s top with Kamberi on the back so at least he’ll be on the pitch in some way!

thegaffer12
02-11-2018, 08:29 PM
Been a month since our last home game (which is absolutely ridiculous imo) and I couldn't be more buzzing to be back at Easter Road 😁 if it's anything like the last game there we're in for a treat

Carheenlea
03-11-2018, 07:26 AM
Can’t wait - been too long since last home game. Hibs Kids day, so will be in the South Stand with my two daughters and niece. Should be a bit of a different environment to the midweek Tynecastle shenanigans!

hibbysam
03-11-2018, 07:49 AM
We MUST play with two wingers high up the park. Which means, for me, it has to be 4 at the back. St Johnstone will load the middle of the park, try and stop us playing and attempt to be compact.

Bogdan
Boyle Milligan Mallan Horgan
Shaw MacLaren

Let’s have a go and keep them pegged back. We do that we create more than enough chances to kill the game off.

bigwheel
03-11-2018, 07:55 AM
We MUST play with two wingers high up the park. Which means, for me, it has to be 4 at the back. St Johnstone will load the middle of the park, try and stop us playing and attempt to be compact.

Bogdan
Boyle Milligan Mallan Horgan
Shaw MacLaren

Let’s have a go and keep them pegged back. We do that we create more than enough chances to kill the game off.

Note sure about your tactics there.....if Saints will load the middle of the park...why would we go with just a two in central midfield? likely we will be outnumbered.

hibbysam
03-11-2018, 08:03 AM
Note sure about your tactics there.....if Saints will load the middle of the park...why would we go with just a two in central midfield? likely we will be outnumbered.

To try and peg them back early doors. It can easily revert to 3 at the back with Milligan dropping back with the two wing backs going higher if it doesn’t start right, however we don’t have a lone striker without Flo and we need to play two wingers and back our footballing ability to get past stuffy sides who are intent on not conceding.

bigwheel
03-11-2018, 08:58 AM
To try and peg them back early doors. It can easily revert to 3 at the back with Milligan dropping back with the two wing backs going higher if it doesn’t start right, however we don’t have a lone striker without Flo and we need to play two wingers and back our footballing ability to get past stuffy sides who are intent on not conceding.

interesting...I'm no Guardiola..but most teams will want to create wide possession high up the field..to do that you need to have possession of the ball. St Johnstone have a strong midfield - I hope we go with three in the middle of midfield and win the battle for the ball. Then we can let our footballers do their stuff.

Smartie
03-11-2018, 09:08 AM
I'm concerned about what we have up front, and don't want to see Boyle up there.

I'd be tempted to get Lewis Allan back in, he did fine the last time, with Boyle and Horgan wide and Mallan playing an advanced role.

Maybe Hyndman and Milligan in the middle, Whittaker and Stevenson at full back, Efe and Porteous at CB and Bogdan in goal.

SChibs
03-11-2018, 09:13 AM
Suspended.

Hopefully he'll be back for the Linfield game.

JimBHibees
03-11-2018, 09:17 AM
I'm concerned about what we have up front, and don't want to see Boyle up there.

I'd be tempted to get Lewis Allan back in, he did fine the last time, with Boyle and Horgan wide and Mallan playing an advanced role.

Maybe Hyndman and Milligan in the middle, Whittaker and Stevenson at full back, Efe and Porteous at CB and Bogdan in goal.

Play mclaren and shaw with Boyle rwb of a 5.

SirDavidsNapper
05-11-2018, 09:58 AM
We're going from a derby to a low profile game against St Johnstone. I've seen it loads of times. Crowd and team are usually quite flat. It's only natural after all of Wednesdays addrenlin and energy but we need to try and raise it. St Johnstone have kept 3 clean sheets in a row and Tommy Wright isn't daft. It's a huge game especially with Hearts at Parkhead.

Bloody predictable. Should have taken St Johnstone on the coupon instead of Edinburgh City! :brickwall

G B Young
05-11-2018, 10:35 AM
Bloody predictable. Should have taken St Johnstone on the coupon instead of Edinburgh City! :brickwall

It used to be predictable to see Hibs fall flat in games like that, but what made Saturday especially disappointing is that under Lennon we've tended not to let our standards slip in that way.

Very tough game now coming up on Friday where we really need to bounce back with a strong performance.

Daydreamer
05-11-2018, 11:10 AM

Lewis Allan is a strange one Smartie. As you said he did fine at Livingston, Lennon thought he was fine and I thought he was fine. He is now 22 and been at Hibs for more than 6 years albeit had a serious back injury. Personally think he must break into the team in the next few months but Shaw after his first team break seems to be in front of him in the pecking order again. Shaw has just turned 20 so has a bit more time on Lewis but think this is a big season for both.