PDA

View Full Version : When do WE take responsibility?

sauzee6_2
01-11-2018, 09:01 PM
There seems to be a lot of blaming hearts fans for last night, however, when do we as Hibs fans review our own behaviours?

Let’s be honest, some ******** hit the hearts keeper. Yes he made a meal of it, but it’s quite clear he was struck by a Hibs supporter whether his reaction was valid is immaterial, one of our support hit a hearts player.

Flow Kamberi, in my opinion needs a swift kick in the baws. He got involved, knowing he was on a booking. Yes he was provoked but nobody made him react the way he did.

I believe, as a support we (if we can) should name and shame whom ever threw the punch.

jacomo
01-11-2018, 09:04 PM
Most are accepting the Hibs supporter who allegedly threw the punch deserves punishment aren’t they?

I say allegedly because the tv footage I’ve seen is inconclusive. But even an attempted punch that missed would be unacceptable.

Blaster
01-11-2018, 09:07 PM
An element of both sets of supporters were as bad as each other. Simple as that

Paisley Hibby
01-11-2018, 09:10 PM

Well said. But there's a nasty streak of sectarianism in the Hearts support which I know worries many Hearts fans.

Forza Fred
01-11-2018, 09:10 PM
If you throw coins or aim a punch at an opposing player during a game, it doesn’t matter what colour of scarf you wear, and should simply be treated as a thug.

Baader
01-11-2018, 09:12 PM
Why anyone feels the need to physically touch a player is beyond me. Just leave them alone. Tynecastle security and the set up there needs looking at.

Blaster
01-11-2018, 09:12 PM
Well said. But there's a nasty streak of sectarianism in the Hearts support which I know worries many Hearts fans.

I agree mate

Lago
01-11-2018, 09:13 PM
Too many trying to defend the indefensible, in my opinion.

AgentDaleCooper
01-11-2018, 09:14 PM
it's not about who is worse, it's about taking responsibilities acknowledging that some folk are pr!cks, some folk make excuses for them, and that we as a fan base need to have zero tolerance of people behaving like ********s, and call BS on anyone making excuses for them. we need to make sure our house is put in order.

rcarter1
01-11-2018, 09:17 PM
There seems to be a lot of blaming hearts fans for last night, however, when do we as Hibs fans review our own behaviours?

Let’s be honest, some ******** hit the hearts keeper. Yes he made a meal of it, but it’s quite clear he was struck by a Hibs supporter whether his reaction was valid is immaterial, one of our support hit a hearts player.

Flow Kamberi, in my opinion needs a swift kick in the baws. He got involved, knowing he was on a booking. Yes he was provoked but nobody made him react the way he did.

I believe, as a support we (if we can) should name and shame whom ever threw the punch.

Blame on both sides as usual with the fans.

Kamberi is a great player, poor moment during the sending off, but Im sure he will come back stronger and wiser. Looking forward to the next derby already!

Chuck Rhoades
01-11-2018, 09:19 PM

This. And I don’t support grassing on another Hibs supporter. In the modern era, its unlikely those involved on both sides will get away with any of their actions.

Sir David Gray
01-11-2018, 09:27 PM
I've seen plenty condemnation for the idiot who has hit the Hearts goalkeeper.

I personally hope the person responsible is identified swiftly and is banned by the club and if found guilty of assault they should be jailed.

There is absolutely no place for that kind of behaviour in any football stadium, within any support. I don't care if that person allegedly supports Hibs, Hearts or Timbuktu Rovers, they need booted out of the game.

LancashireHibby
01-11-2018, 09:29 PM
This. And I don’t support grassing on another Hibs supporter. In the modern era, its unlikely those involved on both sides will get away with any of their actions.
Sorry but any suggestion of being a ‘grass’ is poor form. If anything, I’d want Hibs fans to provide information against any Hibs fan guilty of an offence or we’ll all just get tarred with the same brush.

The 90+2
01-11-2018, 09:29 PM
The boys at their goalie are about ten. Don’t sell tickets to children under 18 unless accompanied with an adult to cat A away games.

Brizo
01-11-2018, 09:30 PM

Have to disagree with that. We have some absolute pondlife in our support and I would have no hesitation in reporting a coin chucker or someone who assaults a player. I agree that cctv will probably identify most of the culprits, albeit belatedly, but those type of characters don't deserve some form of tribal "omerta".... its maybe an age thing on my part.

Billy Whizz
01-11-2018, 09:31 PM
The boys at their goalie are about ten. Don’t sell tickets to children under 18 unless accompanied with an adult to cat A away games.

We don’t

Sir David Gray
01-11-2018, 09:43 PM

How would you feel if a Hearts fan had assaulted a member of your family? Would you not want other Hearts fans who witnessed it to report the culprit to the police?

The people behaving in this way aren't supporting the club when they're doing what they're doing. They aren't thinking about other fans either. They are selfish individuals who want to cause trouble. They're not fans, they're hooligans and the club needs rid of them. If that requires the actions of the majority of decent fans to root them out then so be it.

Your approach solves nothing apart from encouraging scenes like last night. Do you enjoy seeing our club's name being criticised in the media after last night?

joebakerforever
01-11-2018, 09:47 PM

Predictable support from you of a so-called Hibs supporter who tarnished the name of the Club by assaulting a rival player.

This individual is not a Hibs supporter, he is a moron who has carried out an assault, and rather than support Leanne in identifying & ridding the Club of this human garbage, you would prefer to turn a blind eye if you had witnessed this :tsk tsk:

Chuck Rhoades
01-11-2018, 10:05 PM
What approach and support is this? The acknowledgement that both sets of supporters caused bother last night? That’s a fact.

Thankfully I didn’t witness the incident involving their keeper. Wouldn’t have minded eyes in the back of my head to see who was showering all their loose change down on me. But my preference would have been to have a quiet word as opposed to walking them to the nearest PC.

Elaborate on the predictable also please.

Skol
01-11-2018, 10:07 PM
Fans of both clubs are trying to point the finger of blame to the other side.

Fans of both clubs are equally guilty of many unsavoury incidents.

This isnt the time for points scoring, its the time to root out unnacceptable behaviour.

I felt I needed one eye on the game, one eye on the missiles coming towards me and one eye on the missiles from behind falling short.

Its time for a lot of people on both sides to grow up and act like responsible adults.

Lancs Harp
01-11-2018, 10:11 PM
Fans of both clubs are trying to point the finger of blame to the other side.

Fans of both clubs are equally guilty of many unsavoury incidents.

This isnt the time for points scoring, its the time to root out unnacceptable behaviour.

I felt I needed one eye on the game, one eye on the missiles coming towards me and one eye on the missiles from behind falling short.

Its time for a lot of people on both sides to grow up and act like responsible adults.

Totally agree.

Was a very disappointing night, very poor game and disappointing support from a few on both sides. Followed by the usual "its all their fault" posts on message boards and social media from both sides hellbent on blaming each other.

The Modfather
01-11-2018, 10:12 PM

Spot on. Morons causing trouble should be identified and banned whatever colour scarf they are wearing. Leave the rest of us to enjoy the actual football - or what passes for football in a Tynecastle derby anyway.

Pete
01-11-2018, 10:13 PM
I think a little bit of perspective is needed regarding the incident and the perpetrator.

Fair enough, identify him and give him a few years ban while educating him about what he’s done regarding player contact.

Calling him pondlife or human garbage who needs booted out the game (permanently I presume) is slightly over the top.

Let the authorities get on with it without the baying for blood.

The 90+2
01-11-2018, 10:16 PM
We don’t

I’ve had tickets for pbs before when I was under 18?

allezsauzee
01-11-2018, 10:19 PM
Spot on. Morons causing trouble should be identified and banned whatever colour scarf they are wearing. Leave the rest of us to enjoy the actual football - or what passes for football in a Tynecastle derby anyway.

Spot on. There is a growing element on both sides that seems to want to elevate the hatred levels to those you see between Rangers and Celtic. They need to be weeded out asap.

hibeerealist
01-11-2018, 11:15 PM
Predictable support from you of a so-called Hibs supporter who tarnished the name of the Club by assaulting a rival player.

This individual is not a Hibs supporter, he is a moron who has carried out an assault, and rather than support Leanne in identifying & ridding the Club of this human garbage, you would prefer to turn a blind eye if you had witnessed this :tsk tsk:

Pondlife / human garbage ........ nobody been proven to have deliberately hit the goalie. I have watched it a number of times and inconclusive but your description above of another Hibs fan(s) is over the top JBF.

lets settle down until there is conclusive evidence that a blow was in fact struck.

NL WAS struck by a coin. stantonsangel (a female Hibs’ supporting OAP) WAS assaulted by a complete welt in their support after the game.

CentreLine
01-11-2018, 11:28 PM
Pondlife / human garbage ........ nobody been proven to have deliberately hit the goalie. I have watched it a number of times and inconclusive but your description above of another Hibs fan(s) is over the top JBF.

lets settle down until there is conclusive evidence that a blow was in fact struck.

NL WAS struck by a coin. stantonsangel (a female Hibs’ supporting OAP) WAS assaulted by a complete welt in their support after the game.

Absolute conclusive proof their keeper was punched shown on Sportscene last night. If you watch the program and don’t see the punch then you are choosing not to see it IMO. There was a second swipe at the keeper that might be open to alternative interpretation but the first swipe is a clear punch and fully connected. Disgusting

The football park is a stage for performance just as the theatre is. The audience should stay in their seats and enjoy it for the entertainment value.

Sir David Gray
01-11-2018, 11:44 PM

It was slowed right down on Sky Sports earlier and it's quite clear that the keeper gets a skelp round the side of the face/head.

Totally unacceptable behaviour and I hope the arse hole who did it never attends another Hibs game in his life.

heid the baw
02-11-2018, 03:19 AM
I personally hope the person responsible is identified swiftly and is banned by the club and if found guilty of assault they should be jailed.

Seriously have a word with yersel. The person who did this needs to be held to account, but jail? Awayand dinnae talk nonsense.

cabbageandribs1875
02-11-2018, 03:42 AM

my goodness, .. although i don't know the guy but i bet 110% he is a hibs supporter, took a rush of blood to the head and you put him in the category of Rapists/Murderers/perverts ? get a grip fer the luv o **** man, hope tae your never on a jury ffs :bitchy:

neil7908
02-11-2018, 06:29 AM
Seriously have a word with yersel. The person who did this needs to be held to account, but jail? Awayand dinnae talk nonsense.

Weird post. If someone walks up to me in a pub and punches me unprovoked then I'd fully expect them to do time. Yes it's not a life sentence but it's violent and dangerous. I'm not lawyer but imo hitting someone who isn't expecting it should carry a prison sentence.

The fact its at a footballer game is irrelevant.

neil7908
02-11-2018, 06:33 AM
my goodness, .. although i don't know the guy but i bet 110% he is a hibs supporter, took a rush of blood to the head and you put him in the category of Rapists/Murderers/perverts ? get a grip fer the luv o **** man, hope tae your never on a jury ffs :bitchy:

Are you happy with the actions of this supporter? We really shouldn't be wasting our time defending the indefensible.

I don't know the guy but "a rush of blood to the head" is a ridiculous way to describe it. In fact, it sounds like the same excuse some murderers would use.

heid the baw
02-11-2018, 08:22 AM
Weird post. If someone walks up to me in a pub and punches me unprovoked then I'd fully expect them to do time.
Well then you would be disappointed. I am not condoning violence but let's get real here. If you think that the person who punched the hearts keeper committed a jailable offence then you are settling the bar really low and we better start building a lot more prisons.

hibbydog
02-11-2018, 08:32 AM
it's not about who is worse, it's about taking responsibilities acknowledging that some folk are pr!cks, some folk make excuses for them, and that we as a fan base need to have zero tolerance of people behaving like ********s, and call BS on anyone making excuses for them. we need to make sure our house is put in order.

Yep.

The one upmanship between each set of fans is childish and counterproductive.

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2018, 08:36 AM
Was it a punch?

Quite difficult to throw a punch leaning forward over a barrier.

Very difficult to tell from the TV footage certainly a hand goes out and appears to brush him on the shoulder or perhaps touch his face.

The point is punch or not you should never raise your hands to an opposition player and the Hearts goalkeeper certainly makes the most of it.

He was holding the other side of his face from where he was punched/touched then holding his nose as if punched full on certainly the Steward standing behind the goals looked perplexed by his behaviour

I would not think it would take Hercule Poirot to look at the seat numbers to tickets allocated to speak to the individuals concerned and get to the bottom of this matter.

Captain Trips
02-11-2018, 09:02 AM
Was it a punch?

Very difficult to tell from the TV footage certainly a hand goes out and appears to brush him on the shoulder or perhaps touch his face.

The point is punch or not you should never raise your hands to an opposition player and the Hearts goalkeeper certainly makes the most of it.

He was holding the other side of his face from where he was punched/touched then holding his nose as if punched full on certainly the Steward standing behind the goals looked perplexed by his behaviour

I would not think it would take Hercule Poirot to look at the seat numbers to tickets allocated to speak to the individuals concerned and get to the bottom of this matter.

I will make sure I do not rob a bank if you are near managing to tell all that from the footage. I would be caught in seconds.

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2018, 09:05 AM
I will make sure I do not rob a bank if you are near managing to tell all that from the footage. I would be caught in seconds.
Ha Ha !
Watched it quite a few times actually just my way of saying Zibi is at it! :greengrin

Jack
02-11-2018, 09:06 AM

Assault carries the potential of up to 6 months in jail.

Whether the person connected or not is neither here nor there as far as the law is concerned, the intent to assault was there.

So if whoever it was is found guilty a jail term is a possibility.

ChooseLife
02-11-2018, 09:09 AM
Too many trying to defend the indefensible, in my opinion.

I think you're making things up to be outraged about, could you please show an example of people defending the punch thrown at he hearts keeper?

I've read this forum a lot since the derby and no one has defended the slap/punch.

CentreLine
02-11-2018, 09:17 AM
Was it a punch?

Sorry Hercule but you let yourself down this time 🤨
What you’re describing is the second swipe at the keeper as he’s already going down from the very clear punch that does connect. There is absolutely no question that the hearts goalie was assaulted. The second swipe at him may or may not have connected but still no excuse.

Captain Trips
02-11-2018, 09:21 AM
You know what I am sick of taking responsibility for other peoples things. There have been several law changes over the years outside of football that have changed due to the irresponsibility of the very few.

0.0103% of that crowd were involved in the 2 major talking points and although both completely out of order and unacceptable it has also not been helped by the nature of the reaction from both the keeper and NL both of whom IMO made more of it than the impact appeared to suggest. NL could though have had his eye hit as could have keeper so they are serious incidents.

I'm sure though we will all suffer due to it as that is how things seem to go these days. Get the 2 culprits out and away from both clubs for good. I'm taking any responsibility for anyone at any stadium except myself.

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2018, 09:30 AM
Sorry Hercule but you let yourself down this time 🤨
What you’re descending is the second swipe at the keeper as he’s already going down from the very clear punch that does connect. There is absolutely no question that the hearts goalie was assaulted. The second swipe at him may or may not have connected but still no excuse.
I wholeheartedly agree. If the first swipe punch took Zibi down that is indefensible.At the end of the day hands were raised contact was made and the goalie made the most of it. The culprit and potential witnesses can easily be identified from their tickets and if found guilty will be subject to prosecution or a football banning order

CentreLine
02-11-2018, 09:41 AM
I wholeheartedly agree. If the first swipe punch took Zibi down that is indefensible.At the end of the day hands were raised contact was made and the goalie made the most of it. The culprit and potential witnesses can easily be identified from their tickets and if found guilty will be subject to prosecution or a football banning order
👍🏻

PatHead
02-11-2018, 09:44 AM
I think that if you know who attempted to punch the goalie you have a duty to report it. It has nothing to do with grassing someone up. This person has to learn to take responsibility for their actions.

They have no place among the Hibs supporters.

MB62
02-11-2018, 12:44 PM
There is no doubt that the Edinburgh Derby games, particularly at Swinie, have now got a nasty streak to them compared to the auld days, I know who I blame for this but won't bother explaining.

Wednesday was just another one there and as bad as it was (which I don't think was horrendous, but bad enough) I fear one day, there is going to be a pitch invasion and a mass brawl on it. The set up at that place lends for a good atmosphere but also because it is so tight, allows fans (alcohol induced with a not an insignificant % of them, both sides) to get just too close.

The Hibs 'fan'? who allegedly threw the punch (I have watched this numerous times and still not 100% convinced, although convinced enough that he shouldn't have been leaning over the wall in the first place to put himself in that position) needs to be identified and punished accordingly.
Accordingly for me, is a fine and a match ban until the end of the season. I say this because, as I now reach a short corner kick away from being 60, I am certainly older, and hopefully a wee bit wiser. I have been involved in my fair share of unsavoury incidents at fitba games during the late 70's and early 80's, probably before segregation, but you learn from your experiences, so I find it difficult to call for outright and total bans on people.
Although it is no excuse, the guy did look like a youngster, he needs to be fined for his actions and hopefully he wises up, if not, then a Total ban will be appropriate if he repeat offends.

Despite the fact I personally love Lennie's reactions to these situations, I do think he maybe needs to try and 'keep the heid' he is in a position of responsibility and should probably act accordingly. There are a number on here slating Kamberi for his reaction, resulting in a sending off, so the same has to be said about Lennie, you wouldn't expect to see Corbyn giving the P.M. the Pat Fenlon if Labour ever manage to get back in to government, as much as he probably would want to do it.

where'stheslope
02-11-2018, 12:59 PM
Why anyone feels the need to physically touch a player is beyond me. Just leave them alone. Tynecastle security and the set up there needs looking at.
If everyone behaves, there would be no problem, don't get caught up in blame the stadium and stewarding, it happens on occasion at all grounds ours included!!!
The biggest problem is a small core of all supporters, seem to be out to utterly embarrass their team, by doing stupid and foolhardy actions that gets unwanted and unnecessary media attention!!
For years now the Edinburgh Derby has carried a venomous side to it from both sides, how to stop it?
Who knows, but unless it does stop, it will be taken out of our hands, and if its games behind closed doors, in my opinion its the GOOD fans who lose out!!!

southern hibby
02-11-2018, 01:42 PM
I hope the culprit who hit the goalkeeper gets his just rewards. However I think football is complete and utterly unjust on certain levels.

Hitting the goalkeeper ( if caught ) banned by the club and probably in front of a judge. Statement issued by both clubs.

Throwing coins at NL and hitting him ( if caught ) banned by the club and probably up in front of a judge. Statement issued by both clubs.

MacLean grabbing Celtic players parts and him in agony on the ground. ( caught ) 2 game ban, still allowed into football games and still allowed to play.
Levein’s statement nothing about assault but he said he’s been doing it his whole career ( so a repeat offender ).

Now I’m not sticking up for these idiots in the stands but what law allows for discimination between fans and players? For me assault is assault and should be treated as such, irrespective who you are.

Infact you could argue that football players are roll models and should be made an example off as young kids look up to them.

Anyway I expect the old bill to be tapping on some doors very shortly.

GGTTH

sauzee6_2
02-11-2018, 01:55 PM
I hope the culprit who hit the goalkeeper gets his just rewards. However I think football is complete and utterly unjust on certain levels.

Hitting the goalkeeper ( if caught ) banned by the club and probably in front of a judge. Statement issued by both clubs.

Throwing coins at NL and hitting him ( if caught ) banned by the club and probably up in front of a judge. Statement issued by both clubs.

MacLean grabbing Celtic players parts and him in agony on the ground. ( caught ) 2 game ban, still allowed into football games and still allowed to play.
Levein’s statement nothing about assault but he said he’s been doing it his whole career ( so a repeat offender ).

Now I’m not sticking up for these idiots in the stands but what law allows for discimination between fans and players? For me assault is assault and should be treated as such, irrespective who you are.

Infact you could argue that football players are roll models and should be made an example off as young kids look up to them.

Anyway I expect the old bill to be tapping on some doors very shortly.

GGTTH

Very good point. 👍

dangermouse
02-11-2018, 02:03 PM
As said, too many A-hole's in both support that go to these games intent on spoiling it for everyone.

However, some of the songs sung by both sets of fans needs to be stamped out as well. Have a dig at your rivals through song (like the new one about the Scottish Cup game at Tynecastle) but sectarian songs (Hearts) and songs about dead chairmen or bullets and the IRA (Hibs) have no place in football. This has been alluded to in other threads and I think we need to review our song book and get rid of any that have F all to do with football. :tin hat:

RG63
02-11-2018, 03:55 PM

Well said. It is only the fans who can sort it. Rivalry is great and the passion necessary. However there is a real underlying hate from a section of both supporters. This could lead to considerable disorder at future fixtures unless it’s addressed soon.

Bobby's Cinema
02-11-2018, 05:38 PM
Haven’t read the whole thread but been thinking back a bit about Wednesday night. Rarely do you see it all, but never in my life seen so many missiles thrown from a Hibs support, quite shocking tbh.

Hibs1969
02-11-2018, 05:53 PM
There’s no doubt the Edinburgh derby has definitely become a very unpleasant, even downright obnoxious fixture. There’s now a poisonous atmosphere, particularly at Tynecastle which didn’t exist previously. Some of us older posters will remember mixed crowds and changing ends at halftime. There’s not a hope in hell that could happen now. Segregation has helped make things worse and allows 3/4 of a ground to vilify that mob at the other end of the stadium, whoever they are. Add in a number of a***holes in each support, the proximity of the stands to each other and the playing area and bingo, Tynecastle is a powder keg. I hope I'm wrong but it can’t be long before something goes seriously wrong there, whether we’re the opposition or not.

superbam
02-11-2018, 05:55 PM
still cant see what Flo did to justify two yellow cards, and i have watched the incident back a few times...

Sir David Gray
02-11-2018, 05:56 PM

You do realise that assault carries a custodial sentence, right?

Greenbeard
02-11-2018, 06:21 PM
Have to disagree with that. We have some absolute pondlife in our support and I would have no hesitation in reporting a coin chucker or someone who assaults a player. I agree that cctv will probably identify most of the culprits, albeit belatedly, but those type of characters don't deserve some form of tribal "omerta".... its maybe an age thing on my part.
That is newtist. You should expect a defamation claim from Pondlife In Scotland Headquarters.

Malthibby
02-11-2018, 06:50 PM
Haven’t read the whole thread but been thinking back a bit about Wednesday night. Rarely do you see it all, but never in my life seen so many missiles thrown from a Hibs support, quite shocking tbh.

Which is the point, it's not just one stupid thug taking a swipe at their goalie; we won't address what we need to do if we pretend we don't have a problem.
We clearly do & it seems to be especially concentrated in our away support.
I don't see it around me in the East upper but I would have no problem 'grassing' someone who threw stuff at players or officials. Or at our own fans given I'm so far up
anything thrown would end up on the fans underneath.

where'stheslope
02-11-2018, 07:38 PM
Just pulled this thread from the kickback, if its true its not just them who are lunitics???
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/179861-hibs-fan-who-attacked-hearts-end-10-mins-before-kick-off/

Carheenlea
02-11-2018, 10:32 PM
I don’t think it’s a coincidence that our own fans behaviour has deteriorated at Tynecastle since the scrapping of the Loyalty Scheme.

Sir David Gray
02-11-2018, 10:42 PM
I don’t think it’s a coincidence that our own fans behaviour has deteriorated at Tynecastle since the scrapping of the Loyalty Scheme.

20 pager.

MrRobot
02-11-2018, 10:45 PM
You do realise that assault carries a custodial sentence, right?

Aye maybe GBH, **** sake he slightly touched the keeper. Idiot and there was no need for doing it but jail? Have a word mate.

MrRobot
02-11-2018, 10:55 PM
Just pulled this thread from the kickback, if its true its not just them who are lunitics???
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/179861-hibs-fan-who-attacked-hearts-end-10-mins-before-kick-off/

It’s true, video doing the rounds.

wookie70
02-11-2018, 11:17 PM
I think that Pr1ck was the catalyst for the bother. The Hearts fan jumping out and punching the steward handling, without challenge, empowered their wee phannies and ours responded to them chucking smoke bombs etc. Hope he and the Hearts fan who punched the steward are given long banning orders.

CMurdoch
02-11-2018, 11:30 PM

:greengrin:greengrin but not true. Most of the zoomers would have mega loyalty points given they attend most away matches.

MrRobot
02-11-2018, 11:50 PM
I think that Pr1ck was the catalyst for the bother. The Hearts fan jumping out and punching the steward handling, without challenge, empowered their wee phannies and ours responded to them chucking smoke bombs etc. Hope he and the Hearts fan who punched the steward are given long banning orders.

Sure he punched the Hibs boy, why would he punch the steward who was handling a Hibs fan?

Sir David Gray
03-11-2018, 08:43 AM
Aye maybe GBH, **** sake he slightly touched the keeper. Idiot and there was no need for doing it but jail? Have a word mate.

It was completely unprovoked and within a highly charged environment like a derby football match. The argument will be that it may well have caused further incidents to occur and I just wouldn't be surprised if the prosecution made an example of him if/when it goes to court.

I'm not talking about him doing 5 years over it but I wouldn't be surprised if he was put away for a couple of months as a deterrent to others who might think of doing similar acts.

MrRobot
03-11-2018, 07:12 PM
It was completely unprovoked and within a highly charged environment like a derby football match. The argument will be that it may well have caused further incidents to occur and I just wouldn't be surprised if the prosecution made an example of him if/when it goes to court.

I'm not talking about him doing 5 years over it but I wouldn't be surprised if he was put away for a couple of months as a deterrent to others who might think of doing similar acts.

Maybe if he belted him a few times but he didn’t. Ridiculous to even talk about jail time IMO.

wookie70
03-11-2018, 10:13 PM
Sure he punched the Hibs boy, why would he punch the steward who was handling a Hibs fan?

He missed the Hibs boy and connected with the steward