PDA

View Full Version : Hearts disallowed goal

wookie70
01-11-2018, 05:38 PM
I listened to Sportsound coming back from the game last night and there was a hint the decision to chalk of their goal was debatable. Haring was miles offside as Bogdan was in front of him so another defender would have needed to be goalside. Easiest decision for anyone who knows the offside rule which doesn't include the cast of Sportsound and Levein.

BILLYHIBS
01-11-2018, 05:42 PM
I listened to Sportsound coming back from the game last night and there was a hint the decision to chalk of their goal was debatable. Haring was miles offside as Bogdan was in front of him so another defender would have needed to be goalside. Easiest decision for anyone who knows the offside rule which doesn't include the cast of Sportsound and Levein.
Is Potter saying it was a legitimate goal?

nomad
01-11-2018, 05:44 PM
Yes he did on Radio Scotland o and of course they should have won

Famous Fiver
01-11-2018, 05:44 PM
Said in an interview that he could see no reason for it being disallowed.

Runs alongside the other actions and comments making out that Hearts were the victims on the evening which was quite obviously not the case.

beensaidbefore
01-11-2018, 05:46 PM
Would be a good clip to show trainee linesmen.

brog
01-11-2018, 05:51 PM
The goalscorer was onside but there's no doubt that Haring was offside & active in the build up to the goal though.

matty_f
01-11-2018, 05:52 PM
The right decision was made, which was a nice change.

CRAZYHIBBY
01-11-2018, 05:54 PM
From where i saw it the ball never crossed the line

HibbiesandtheBaddies
01-11-2018, 06:07 PM
In my opinion he was offside in the first phase, and then interfering with play in the second phase, ie: he was moving towards the ball with intent to play it.

Potter and Haring don't know the rules of the game they are paid so handsomely to participate in. Lazy, slipshod attitudes.

HibeesLA
01-11-2018, 06:07 PM
From where i saw it the ball never crossed the line

It definitely crossed the line, I think Stevenson heads it into the side netting. However, as brog stated, Haring is in an offside position when the header comes in, and is active in that he prevents the Ambrose from being able to get to the ball. Good decision from the AR.

Hibee Mac
01-11-2018, 06:09 PM
He's actually offside twice in the one move if that's even possible, once when the initial header comes in and then once when Bogdan is miles off his line and the 2nd defender is playing him off.

CRAZYHIBBY
01-11-2018, 06:57 PM
It definitely crossed the line, I think Stevenson heads it into the side netting. However, as brog stated, Haring is in an offside position when the header comes in, and is active in that he prevents the Ambrose from being able to get to the ball. Good decision from the AR.

I was being sarcastic ......referring to our disallowed wasnt over the line goals:greengrin

cocteautwin
01-11-2018, 11:37 PM
If it was given I think there would only be a slight after debate over the decision. It went in after a 25 minute period of sustained Hearts pressure so I was expecting them to be sponny once again. I'm surprised the linesman gave it. It was a good decision and I don't think Hearts can claim it as similar to the ghost goals we've had against them on the past. I was sick in my stomach for a few seconds when it went it. Almost cried when I saw it had been disallowed.

Ryan69
02-11-2018, 05:58 AM
The flag was up early enough. A second or 2 before it went in.

J-C
02-11-2018, 06:03 AM
Offside when the header came through and interfered with play by stopping Efe getting to the ball, every punter on the night said exactly that and all agreed it was the right decision.

JimBHibees
02-11-2018, 06:04 AM
Pretty sure that was the same linesman that didn't give Oli goal. Good decision in this case.

overdrive
02-11-2018, 07:15 AM
McCoist (I think it was him) gave a good explanation as to why he was offside. Not only did he interfere with play by blocking Ambrose from the getting to the ball, Stevenson had to run around him to get to the line, so he was interfering in play in that regard as well.

Keith_M
02-11-2018, 07:55 AM
McCoist ... gave a good explanation as to why he was offside. Not only did he interfere with play by blocking Ambrose from the getting to the ball, Stevenson had to run around him to get to the line, so he was interfering in play in that regard as well.

Blasphemy!

Jones28
02-11-2018, 07:57 AM
McCoist (I think it was him) gave a good explanation as to why he was offside. Not only did he interfere with play by blocking Ambrose from the getting to the ball, Stevenson had to run around him to get to the line, so he was interfering in play in that regard as well.

Yepp you're correct.

poolman
02-11-2018, 08:00 AM
Is Potter saying it was a legitimate goal?

Harry clearly doesn't know the rules

He was rambling on about the ball going straight up and down in the air therefore the goal should have stood

Oh, and Hertz deserved to win as it was even Steven in the first half and all Hertz in the second

He's a clown :agree:

Greenbeard
02-11-2018, 08:17 AM
Haven't heard any more about both linesmen being hit by missiles. Wonder if this guy was hit after disallowing the goal.

hibeedonald
02-11-2018, 10:07 AM
Haven't heard any more about both linesmen being hit by missiles. Wonder if this guy was hit after disallowing the goal.

I was in section M (left hand side of the stand) and watched a guy throw a coke from about two rows in front (row 19ish) at the hearts fans when they were taking a corner. The coke fell short and hit the linesman at the corner flag. Gave him a fright but he continued on.

Did anyone get a video of the hearts fan celebrating the goal having jumped the barrier to run up to the hibs fans only to realise it was offside? Look on his face was hilarious

JeMeSouviens
02-11-2018, 10:13 AM

Hard to believe, but true! Nobody on BT sport thought it was a questionable decision.

overdrive
02-11-2018, 10:23 AM
Blasphemy!

I actually quite like McCoist as a pundit. He’s normally quite fair and reasoned.

JimBHibees
02-11-2018, 10:24 AM
I actually quite like McCoist as a pundit. He’s normally quite fair and reasoned.

I think he is good unless his team are involved usually.

Kato
02-11-2018, 10:59 AM
Yes he did on Radio Scotland o and of course they should have won

Trumpesque weirdo.