PDA

View Full Version : Highlights

Diclonius
01-11-2018, 02:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rooao7_W0Y8

I'm not sure why their goal was disallowed. Assuming it's because Haring was offisde and interfering with play by impeding Ambrose's ability to clear it?

Ozyhibby
01-11-2018, 02:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rooao7_W0Y8

I'm not sure why their goal was disallowed. Assuming it's because Haring was offisde and interfering with play by impeding Ambrose's ability to clear it?

100% correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRAZYHIBBY
01-11-2018, 03:10 PM
Makes up a bit for oli shaws goal or even griffiths

Ged
01-11-2018, 03:11 PM
It's the sort of decision that usually goes against us there, so at least the official got it right this time.

500miles
01-11-2018, 03:12 PM

He's intentionally blocked Ambrose, so he's interfered with play, he's offside.

Tornadoes70
01-11-2018, 03:14 PM
Thankfully the linesman was a vigilant and honest one in flagging the yam who was in an offside position preventing Ambrose from getting to the ball. Good spot and call from the linesman as there's some who might have ignored it and not brought it to the referee's attention. Correctly judged to be offside and interfering with play.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

danhibees1875
01-11-2018, 03:27 PM
A linesman getting a decision right is now what I consider one going in our favour such has been our luck in recent (c. last 20) derbies.

PatHead
01-11-2018, 03:28 PM

No it doesn’t. It was a correct decision. The other 2 were not.

hibs#1
01-11-2018, 03:30 PM
No it doesn’t. It was a correct decision. The other 2 were not.

Very true. Good officiating by the linesman.

H18 SFR
01-11-2018, 06:35 PM
Everyone is just going to have to trust me as I've no TV evidence to support this but at the time (I'm a former grade one ref) I can assure you on my child's life that the flag went up very early, before their centre half had the strike that unltimately ended up in the net.

Just to quantify my post, I was sober and even had the time to say to my mate "flags up" before the guy shot at goal. Interestingly as my mate said afterwards, I said flags up and not offside.

hibbysam
01-11-2018, 06:37 PM
Everyone is just going to have to trust me as I've no TV evidence to support this but at the time (I'm a former grade one ref) I can assure you on my child's life that the flag went up very early, before their centre half had the strike that unltimately ended up in the net.

Just to quantify my post, I was sober and even had the time to say to my mate "flags up" before the guy shot at goal. Interestingly as my mate said afterwards, I said flags up and not offside.

I saw it straight away also. Hence my amusement when the music came on 5 seconds later.

Diclonius
02-11-2018, 05:09 PM

If you listen to the highlights you can hear the whistle going before the ball even goes in.

Diclonius
02-11-2018, 05:12 PM
Looking at that again, all Haring had to do was get away from the ball and it's a goal. Ambrose isn't clearing that.

Thanks mate, won a point for us there. :aok:

SirDavidsNapper
02-11-2018, 05:15 PM
Not sure what Bogdan was up to. Lucky boy.

wookie70
02-11-2018, 05:19 PM

No it doesn't it was about 3 yards offside and a very simple decision for the officials and anyone who knows the offside rule. It does not compare to obviously good goals being somehow missed/chalked off

The Modfather
02-11-2018, 05:21 PM
Don’t envy the guy that had to try and put a highlights video together based on any actual football.