PDA

View Full Version : Hearts throw ins

greenpaper55
01-11-2018, 11:10 AM
Seems like the hearts have turned into the Stoke City of a few years ago, nearly every time they got a throw in in our half it was launched into the giants. I think this played into our hands as what with the drying of the ball with the towel WTF ! and getting their players in place we were well set every time they tried it. The Hibs of a few years ago would have been in trouble with this type of play but we stood up to them last night so well done the defence.

matty_f
01-11-2018, 11:10 AM
To be fair, I thought their towel was the man of the match. Never put a foot wrong.

Michael
01-11-2018, 11:13 AM
To be fair, I thought their towel was the man of the match. Never put a foot wrong.

Clean sheet too.

McSwanky
01-11-2018, 11:13 AM

:top marks:thumbsup:

Was it just me or were some of the towels maroon and others a sort of faded pink colour? Suppose it was maybe just to match the colour scheme of the seat in the stadium?

Ozyhibby
01-11-2018, 11:14 AM
Really small pitch makes the long throw in a decent weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMac1988
01-11-2018, 11:27 AM
Really small pitch makes the long throw in a decent weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm always weary of long throws but they never really troubled us despite them doing it almost every throw. Defence dealt with them well.

Sas_The_Hibby
01-11-2018, 11:27 AM
At least most of their ordinary throw ins went to their own players though. We seem to still ignore the player who's free and launch the throw hopefully toward the head of a Hibs player who's already covered and lose possession 3 times out of 4.

Agree our defence dealt well with their long throw-ins though

Billy Whizz
01-11-2018, 11:45 AM
I’m surprised you’re allowed to use them, seems an accessory to the game

CropleyWasGod
01-11-2018, 11:59 AM
Clean sheet too.Our defence soaked everything up.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
01-11-2018, 12:00 PM
Worked well for us on 01/01/1973 Schaedler long throw headed down by Gordon to ORourke 1-0 the start of the rout.

Bristolhibby
01-11-2018, 12:01 PM
Our defence soaked everything up.

Dry your eyes Yams! We stood up to that shower.

J

Famous Fiver
01-11-2018, 12:05 PM
Foul throw every tim.

Not picked up once by the assistant referees or the referee himself.

greenpaper55
01-11-2018, 12:06 PM
To true, the towel had more of the ball than most of the players !

H18 SFR
01-11-2018, 12:08 PM
I'll be the guy that sounds like a dick, the towel is not part of a players equipment as per the laws of the game and thus not allowed to be used.

Billy Whizz
01-11-2018, 12:09 PM
I'll be the guy that sounds like a dick, the towel is not part of a players equipment as per the laws of the game and thus not allowed to be used.

Just said that further up the thread

H18 SFR
01-11-2018, 12:11 PM
Just said that further up the thread

Apologies - missed it.

Billy Whizz
01-11-2018, 12:15 PM
Apologies - missed it.

It’s time wasting as well

H18 SFR
01-11-2018, 12:21 PM
It’s time wasting as well

Certainly is delaying the restart of play.

Dallas is incompetent.

TAHibby
01-11-2018, 12:30 PM
I remember this happening when Liverpool played a lower league team in the cup a number of years ago. After a few occasions the towel was rightly removed, exactly what should have happened yesterday. Why couldn't one of the officials have stepped in?

lucky
01-11-2018, 01:20 PM
When Effe took long throws he used his shirt to dry the ball. Clearly the using towel is trying to gain an advantage even though it failed miserably

MyJo
01-11-2018, 03:26 PM
We should have asked for the towel at every throw in we had towards the end of the match when we were trying to see the game out.

Referee couldn’t accuse us of time wasting when he let Hearts do it thoughout the match.

SuperAllyMcleod
01-11-2018, 03:36 PM
We should have asked for the towel at every throw in we had towards the end of the match when we were trying to see the game out.

Referee couldn’t accuse us of time wasting when he let Hearts do it thoughout the match.

I would have loved to have seen that! You can bet that the ball boys would have refused to give it to us though - they could barely muster the energy up to get the ball to us most of the time.

BILLYHIBS
01-11-2018, 05:47 PM
Best masterclass piece of time wasting from our point of view was Lenny being shot by a sniper from the stand though I will wager getting hit on the chin by a pound coin from distance was damned sore even although it left no visible mark.It could easily have been his eye.
Low life.

Scotty Leither
01-11-2018, 05:51 PM
:top marks:thumbsup:

Was it just me or were some of the towels maroon and others a sort of faded pink colour? Suppose it was maybe just to match the colour scheme of the seat in the stadium?

***** doesn't show on a maroon towel, though.

Scotty Leither
01-11-2018, 05:54 PM
[QUOTE=MyJo;5592688]We should have asked for the towel at every throw in we had towards the end of the match when we were trying to see the game out.

I was thinking that at the match, too. It would have noised them up as well, because in my experience most beige cardigan-wearing Jambos don't really have a well developed sense of irony.

bigstu
01-11-2018, 05:55 PM
same old boring Hearts

Hibrandenburg
01-11-2018, 06:00 PM
I’m surprised you’re allowed to use them, seems an accessory to the game

They were really only there in case we went 6-0 up.

Hibrandenburg
01-11-2018, 06:03 PM
Worked well for us on 01/01/1973 Schaedler long throw headed down by Gordon to ORourke 1-0 the start of the rout.

Pitty the yams didn't have towels back then, they'd have been throwing them on the pitch after 6.

Hibees1973
01-11-2018, 07:32 PM
Great thread. I had to chuckle everytime the ball was hoofed up the park by them then sometimes cleared by Hibs so they could get up the park. Thought this was a tactic unique to rugby.
To have the towels strategically placed is a Levein masterstroke. Takes football back to the dark ages. Even a Jambo at work said he is embarrassed by it.....he said they can’t even throw it long enough to get the ball deep into the box.
Saying this we weren’t any great shakes last night. I am proud though that we now have a side to our game that can cope with Hearts style of play at a Tiny.

heretoday
01-11-2018, 07:37 PM
Our throw-ins are pathetic frankly, especially Stevenson's efforts from the left. He basically threw it back to the opposition. It's hopeless.

Skol
01-11-2018, 08:08 PM
I notices first half that they had 3 ball boys in the attacking half by the main stand each who had a towel and made it available to the hearts player with the ball.

2nd half there were only 2 and although they had towels they were stuffed under their wee stools and never offered.

So towels available to both teams, but giving themselves a home advantage.

Hibrandenburg
01-11-2018, 08:51 PM
When they come to Easter Road we should have ball Thai ladies providing our players with a quick massage and refreshments before throw ins and corners and for the Yams we can organise poppy sellers rattling tins in their faces demanding payment for returning the ball.

Forza Fred
01-11-2018, 09:17 PM
I fear the towels may end up being part of the fabric of the game in future

CropleyWasGod
01-11-2018, 11:19 PM
I fear the towels may end up being part of the fabric of the game in futureJohn Terry may have a future then?

NAE NOOKIE
02-11-2018, 12:11 AM
If they had gone a goal up would the ref have considered towelling the ball time wasting? As it is, if they were allowed to towel the ball then that same facility should have been afforded to Hibs and if not then the ref should have made it clear that it wasn't allowed.

Whatever the case … Hearts tactics in the first half especially were the very epitome of 'hoofball' with every possession no matter where it was on the pitch lumped towards the corners or the Hibs box. When Hibs went down to 10 men and Hearts were under more pressure to get the ball down and play they were just above the level of inept causing Hibs very few problems on the deck.

I thank the good lord I'm a Hibby, having to watch that 'style' of football every week would do my head in :jamboak:

The 90+2
02-11-2018, 12:20 AM
Maroon towels to launch it into our box is utterly tragic for a game of football.

Austinho
02-11-2018, 02:53 AM
Mark Milligan has a beauty of a long throw based on his highlights reel. Surprised we haven’t utilised it yet.

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2018, 06:38 AM
Did anybody see what happened with Lewis and the ballboy?

On the Sportscene highlights you just heard the Jambos in the bear pit going radge and Lewis high fiving the wee boy. Apparently the ball boy threw the ball at Lewis?? :dunno:

we are hibs
02-11-2018, 06:54 AM
Apparently the boy taking long throws for Cardiff a few weeks back using a towel wasted nearly 10 minutes in a game doing it.

Salisbury Hibby
02-11-2018, 06:56 AM
Did anybody see what happened with Lewis and the ballboy?

On the Sportscene highlights you just heard the Jambos in the bear pit going radge and Lewis high fiving the wee boy. Apparently the ball boy threw the ball at Lewis?? :dunno:Threw it at Lewis's face then Lewis kicked it back at him.

linlithgowhibbie
02-11-2018, 07:04 AM
Apparently the boy taking long throws for Cardiff a few weeks back using a towel wasted nearly 10 minutes in a game doing it.

Callum Patterson ?

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2018, 07:29 AM
Callum Patterson ?
Learned all his best tricks at The Potter Yam School of Soccer. :greengrin

Jones28
02-11-2018, 08:51 AM
Threw it at Lewis's face then Lewis kicked it back at him.

It wasn't quite as savage as kicking it back at him. It was more the reaction from the hearts fans that concerned me. It must have worried the linesman too -he was stopping Lewis retrieving the ball for the rest of the match.

Salisbury Hibby
02-11-2018, 09:00 AM
It wasn't quite as savage as kicking it back at him. It was more the reaction from the hearts fans that concerned me. It must have worried the linesman too -he was stopping Lewis retrieving the ball for the rest of the match.Just what it looked like to me but more of a reflex and the ball headed back towards the ball boy.

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2018, 09:01 AM
:wink:
Threw it at Lewis's face then Lewis kicked it back at him.

Shocking behaviour

Keith_M
02-11-2018, 09:09 AM
Maybe our fans should all take tea towels to the next home derby and throw them towards the hearts players whenever they get a throw-in.

https://www.hiberniandirect.co.uk/imagprod/tea-towel-1433.jpg

JimBHibees
02-11-2018, 09:30 AM
Maybe our fans should all take tea towels to the next home derby and throw them towards the hearts players whenever they get a throw-in.

https://www.hiberniandirect.co.uk/imagprod/tea-towel-1433.jpg

That would be brilliant. :greengrin

Jack Hackett
02-11-2018, 10:00 AM
Maybe if they hadn't flooded the pitch immediately before kick off towels wouldn't have been needed

Carheenlea
02-11-2018, 12:46 PM
You don’t really need to be a long throw expert to launch one into the box at Tynecastle - with or without the help of a towel.