PDA

View Full Version : Were the fans nervous?

Monts
01-11-2018, 08:05 AM
Coins, flares and punches aside, I didn't think there was much of an atmosphere last night. In previous derbies there we've been singing as a whole stand from first to last whistle, but while there were songs last night, rarely did the whole stand get into full voice.

Why was that?

K.Marx
01-11-2018, 08:07 AM
Been like that the last few derbies at tynecastle and not really sure why

Pretty Boy
01-11-2018, 08:26 AM
Atmosphere was crap last night unless you are into 13 year olds threatening each other from 20 yards apart. I don' think either end really got going and it took an assault on our manager to get the whole stand singing.

We've gone from having a stand absolutely rocking there to a bit of a damp squib the last 2 or 3 games. I think the performance on the park is probably playing a part as well. Not a lot to get excited about watching your team set out not to lose.

wookie70
01-11-2018, 08:31 AM
Atmosphere was crap last night unless you are into 13 year olds threatening each other from 20 yards apart. I don' think either end really got going and it took an assault on our manager to get the whole stand singing.

We've gone from having a stand absolutely rocking there to a bit of a damp squib the last 2 or 3 games. I think the performance on the park is probably playing a part as well. Not a lot to get excited about watching your team set out not to lose.

Could the fact loyalty points have been scrapped have anything to do with this. Less of the core away support could have an impact on atmosphere.

Chuck Rhoades
01-11-2018, 10:25 AM
Worst atmosphere at Tynie in years. Very quiet throughout.

Don’t think location of drum etc helped being front row. Nothing carried.

Carheenlea
01-11-2018, 11:26 AM
The game was so eye bleeding it’s no wonder the atmosphere was as poor. Both sets of fans beat into submission. Glad I don’t have to watch that every week so now looking forward to getting back to enjoying some proper football this Saturday.

ian cruise
01-11-2018, 11:31 AM
Could the fact loyalty points have been scrapped have anything to do with this. Less of the core away support could have an impact on atmosphere.

Surely almost everyone there was a season ticket holder, therefore would be the same as loyalty points? If there were loyalty points some season ticket holders who missed out may have received a ticket in place of another but I don't think any tickets went on general sale to 5he walk up crowd (but I've been wrong before!)

Weegreenman
01-11-2018, 11:59 AM
What’s to sing aboot?? :confused: Five years without a win at that ****hole! Embarrassing stat.

HibeeHibernian4
01-11-2018, 01:11 PM
The last game that we had the away end of Tynecastle rocking was the 0-0 in the 2017 Scottish Cup, the year after we'd won it (perhaps no surprise that we were going to be loud that day).

I was a block over from the singing section last night, and it wasn't for a lack of trying. They were giving it the usual effort and not many people around them were interested in joining in, which is a bit of a shame.

It's all well and good people being loud on the march before the game, but it's during it that we could really do with some more noise from our slightly less vocal supporters.

Don't think the drum carried too well in the front march, although when Celtic play there theirs always carries very well, which is strange. Overall I think more Hibs fans need to sing at games full stop, can't be leaving it to the same fifty or so faces from the singing section every week and then wonder why the atmosphere wasn't any good.

Dancehibs
01-11-2018, 01:18 PM
Worst atmosphere at Tynie in years. Very quiet throughout.

Don’t think location of drum etc helped being front row. Nothing carried.
Singing section caused safety issues. Basically think they can sit where they want. Take peoples seats. Overcrowding in that section. Blocking ailes . Fair play to stewards for clearing area.

not sure if hibs still allocate your group tickets. Hopefully not.

Chuck Rhoades
01-11-2018, 01:26 PM
Singing section caused safety issues. Basically think they can sit where they want. Take peoples seats. Overcrowding in that section. Blocking ailes . Fair play to stewards for clearing area.

Not following you? My comment is around the noise of the drum being lost at the front and that it would be better further up the stand.

In terms of overcrowding, completely agree. 3 folk in my seat when I arrived. 2 were in wrong block - ridiculous way of laying out seats with every block having a seat 1-25 with matching row. The other decided he wanted to take it upon himself to stand in my seat. I blame the stewarding in that sense. Left lower J doubled up full game.

HibeeHibernian4
01-11-2018, 01:29 PM

You seem to be working on the assumption that the people who were overcrowding and not standing in the right seats were actually part of the singing section? Sounds like you've got it in for them. :rolleyes:

Dancehibs
01-11-2018, 01:34 PM
You seem to be working on the assumption that the people who were overcrowding and not standing in the right seats were actually part of the singing section? Sounds like you've got it in for them. :rolleyes:
How is there an official membership? I witnessed similar behaviour at parkhead last week. Similar behaviours.

Last night climbing over the barriers when stewards for example they weren’t allowed on my hat area .

if you think I’ve got it in for them. Fair enough.

Dancehibs
01-11-2018, 01:37 PM
Not following you? My comment is around the noise of the drum being lost at the front and that it would be better further up the stand.

In terms of overcrowding, completely agree. 3 folk in my seat when I arrived. 2 were in wrong block - ridiculous way of laying out seats with every block having a seat 1-25 with matching row. The other decided he wanted to take it upon himself to stand in my seat. I blame the stewarding in that sense. Left lower J doubled up full game.
Looks like we are saying same thing. Seating numbering is an issue. But others deliberately who are in the singing section went to that area. Same as parkhead. Previous games seen the drum directly behind the net. Atmosphere was good.

atmosphere was bouncing at the start. Faded like our performance