PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Maclaren

James32-90
01-11-2018, 07:05 AM
I know he’s had his injuries and that but surly you would want to get him fully fit not taking almost half a season! Shambles up front with very limited. Boyler is not an outright striker. Flo when he’s not in the game he’s not interested. And now what for Saturday leaves 2 strikers. We are crying out for a proven goal scorer not another left back or right back that’s can’t even make the bench.

Heckys Wheel
01-11-2018, 07:12 AM
“Shambles” is the most overrated word in the Hibs support.

He’s getting fit and last night wasn’t a Jamie McLaten game.

SirDavidsNapper
01-11-2018, 07:18 AM
Risking a back injury in derby wouldn't have been clever

BILLYHIBS
01-11-2018, 07:19 AM
Yip! Jamie obviously still not 100% but we need to think about giving him game time perhaps with the development squad or say 60 minutes in the first team.
I love Olly but he seems to have stood still and has not improved at the same rate as Porteous. Watching him last night when he came on he looked a waste of a jersey as it was all hands to the pumps as we were down to ten.
He needs to bulk up as at times it looks as though he has been fouled but he is just easily brushed off the ball.
I said to my mate last night he is starting to remind me of Willie Murray or Kenny Davidson.
Hard hat on but just my honest opinion. :greengrin

we are hibs
I can't believe how laidback people are about him not playing. Everyone was desperate to see himself and kamberi upfront as their partnership was excellent last season yet we have only seen it once so far this season and we are nearly half way through the season

James32-90
“Shambles” is the most overrated word in the Hibs support.

He’s getting fit and last night wasn’t a Jamie McLaten game.

Game wasn’t for Flo or shaw! When has boyler ever turned up for a game at that pink bus shed as well, shambles aye 5 in defence from the off with a hearts team with how much key players out.

Just saying

we are hibs
01-11-2018, 07:20 AM
Risking a back injury in derby wouldn't have been clever

Why's he in the squad Then?

James32-90
01-11-2018, 07:22 AM
Why's he in the squad Then?

Exactly! And if he’s not fit leaving 2 strikers in the first team something not right here

Heisenberg
01-11-2018, 07:24 AM
Exactly! And if he’s not fit leaving 2 strikers in the first team something not right here

Remember when he signed in January? We barely saw him for a month because Lennon wanted him up to speed. It’s maybe taking him longer to recover than expected. Being on the bench doesn’t mean he was 100% fit.

Bangkok Hibby
01-11-2018, 07:31 AM
According to Lenny in his post match interview he was just about to bring him on when Flo got sent off.

J-C
01-11-2018, 07:32 AM
Remember when he signed in January? We barely saw him for a month because Lennon wanted him up to speed. It’s maybe taking him longer to recover than expected. Being on the bench doesn’t mean he was 100% fit.

He shouldn't be on the bench if he's not capable of actually playing, there's young lads in the reserves who could act as bench fillers.

Smartie
01-11-2018, 07:32 AM
Yip! Jamie obviously still not 100% but we need to think about giving him game time perhaps with the development squad or say 60 minutes in the first team.
I love Olly but he seems to have stood still and has not improved at the same rate as Porteous. Watching him last night when he came on he looked a waste of a jersey as it was all hands to the pumps as we were down to ten.
He needs to bulk up as at times it looks as though he has been fouled but he is just easily brushed off the ball.
I said to my mate last night he is starting to remind me of Willie Murray or Kenny Davidson.
Hard hat on but just my honest opinion. :greengrin

I thought he did fine when he went on.

It was a tough shift, and not really a chance for a striker to shine.

He chased stuff down, competed and did OK with the ball on the few occasions it came his way.

Cabbage East
01-11-2018, 07:36 AM
Game wasn’t for Flo or shaw! When has boyler ever turned up for a game at swincastle as well, shambles aye 5 in defence from the off with a hearts team with how much key players out.

Just saying

‘Swincastle’? Are you 11 years old?

Speedy
01-11-2018, 07:43 AM
He shouldn't be on the bench if he's not capable of actually playing, there's young lads in the reserves who could act as bench fillers.

Not being 100% fit doesn't mean he wasn't capable of playing.

Maybe he was deemed fit enough to play for half an hour? It's pretty commom that players are eased back in.

Blaster
01-11-2018, 07:43 AM
According to Lenny in his post match interview he was just about to bring him on when Flo got sent off.

Yes just watched the interview. Mclaren was about to come on

James32-90
01-11-2018, 07:44 AM
‘Swincastle’? Are you 11 years old?

Auto correct in phone! But if that’s what you like doing picking on small mistakes IE spelling take small claps pal 💚😘

Hibernian Verse
01-11-2018, 07:46 AM
Yes just watched the interview. Mclaren was about to come on

He went in from his warm up after being called up to the Dugout, and then Flo got sent off.

BILLYHIBS
01-11-2018, 07:50 AM
I thought he did fine when he went on.

It was a tough shift, and not really a chance for a striker to shine.

He chased stuff down, competed and did OK with the ball on the few occasions it came his way.
Respect your opinion Smartie my son but needs to kick on in my eyes.

Lets see what happens

Last night was not ideal for the youngster tbh I expected to see Porto

I want/ need/ expect Olly and Jamie MAC to do well :wink:

Hibby Kay-Yay
01-11-2018, 07:51 AM
Game wasn’t for Flo or shaw! When has boyler ever turned up for a game at that pink bus shed as well, shambles aye 5 in defence from the off with a hearts team with how much key players out.

Just saying

We’re not at full strength either and we were playing the team at the top of the table. Hearts started well and then we grew into the game. The sending off changed the whole game for us.

But of perspective required here.

Souter96Mac
01-11-2018, 09:25 AM
He'll get a game on Saturday I'm guessing with Flo suspended.