PDA

View Full Version : 70 Year Old women left shattered.

Itsnoteasy
01-11-2018, 01:03 AM
No doubt most people in Edinburgh will have heard of or seen the footage of my auntie getting hit with a beer bottle at Murrayfield.
Well despite me offering to sit in the Hearts end with her she never attended the derby.
She has not missed a Hearts game home or away in the league, cups, Europe or friendlies for over 30 years.
She has not left her house since the incident happened & is relying on her family to get any shopping.
This mum, nana, auntie is a broken woman & I hope that barsteward rots in hell.

FranckSuzy
01-11-2018, 01:06 AM
Really sorry to hear that, A. Poor lady 💚

Babyshamble
01-11-2018, 01:11 AM
Absolutely shocking.pretty sure we all wish her a speedy recovery & hope she gets back to supporting her team soon as possible.👍

CMurdoch
01-11-2018, 02:24 AM
Sorry to hear that A.
Have the Police captured the ahole yet?

Sir David Gray
01-11-2018, 05:15 AM
Despicable. I honestly don't care what colour of scarf these idiots are wearing, they should all be locked up. Fed up with them tarnishing football and giving the rest of us a bad name.

I hope this lady is able to come out and support her team again soon.

Baader
01-11-2018, 05:15 AM
Sad to hear that. Here's hoping the coward is caught and jailed soon.

neil7908
01-11-2018, 05:23 AM
That's terrible, hoping she is back to full health and confidence soon. As others have said, hope the person is caught and punished to the fullest extent of the law. A cowardly and despicable act.

JimBHibees
01-11-2018, 05:46 AM
No doubt most people in Edinburgh will have heard of or seen the footage of my auntie getting hit with a beer bottle at Murrayfield.
Well despite me offering to sit in the Hearts end with her she never attended the derby.
She has not missed a Hearts game home or away in the league, cups, Europe or friendlies for over 30 years.
She has not left her house since the incident happened & is relying on her family to get any shopping.

Sorry to hear that though I am sure she will get back to doing what see wants to do in time with support from her family. Will take a bit of time as she will still be shocked. Would be nice if Hearts made a wee gesture for her which I am sure will happen.

Smartie
01-11-2018, 06:36 AM
Sorry to hear that.

I don't know where she sits, but maybe missing last night's game actually turned out for the best?

That wasn't a game or atmosphere that would have a nervous 70 y o running back for more.

Hope she gets back to see her team soon.

wookie70
01-11-2018, 06:42 AM
Hope she recovers quickly and returns to support her team. The moron that did it should be facing a long stretch inside

Hibernian Verse
01-11-2018, 06:48 AM
Hope she recovers quickly, I can't imagine that happening to my grandparent.

Was there not a video of the wee ned throwing the bottle then running off? Pretty sure you can clearly see his face.

Lendo
01-11-2018, 06:52 AM
Hope she recovers quickly, I can't imagine that happening to my grandparent.

Was there not a video of the wee ned throwing the bottle then running off? Pretty sure you can clearly see his face.

Given the amount of Ulster accents in the video I wouldn't be surprised if he is not safely back in Belfast lying low.

Just Alf
01-11-2018, 08:05 AM
Really, really sad to hear that, especially when you think of all that she's personally done to help her club.

Lemonade
01-11-2018, 08:11 AM
Has the thug who threw the bottle has been arrested?
He must have been identified by now.

Bostonhibby
01-11-2018, 08:27 AM
Sad to hear. Sincere best wishes to her.

The long silence on this from hearts is an embarrassment and surely plod Scotland can turn the same resources to finding the one beast involved here that they deployed to find all the fans on the pitch at the cup final.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Itsnoteasy
01-11-2018, 11:07 AM
Has the thug who threw the bottle has been arrested?
He must have been identified by now.

To my knowledge the said person has not been arrested.
I have been given the same name by 6 different people.
He has shut his FB & Twitter account. 25 year old allegedly from Ratho.

Stantons Angel
01-11-2018, 11:16 AM

This little B who threw the bottle should be found easily enough through the videos doing the rounds on here and other sites.

I was assaulted by one of their mob last night and im still shaking. (my post is on here)

Im waiting on the police coming to take a statement from me.

If it wasnt for two Hibs supporters who helped me last night i would never have got home.

I hope this is not a new trend they have started by attacking old women!!!

CMurdoch
01-11-2018, 12:08 PM

Ratho is positive.
Was worried it was someone from across the sea.

PatHead
01-11-2018, 12:11 PM

Have you given the name to the police?

Itsnoteasy
01-11-2018, 12:44 PM
Have you given the name to the police?

It's my understanding that they could be familiar with the name.

PatHead
01-11-2018, 12:48 PM
It's my understanding that they could be familiar with the name.

Might be worth passing it on to be safe. Sooner he is caught the better.

Itsnoteasy
01-11-2018, 12:49 PM
This little B who threw the bottle should be found easily enough through the videos doing the rounds on here and other sites.

I was assaulted by one of their mob last night and im still shaking. (my post is on here)

Im waiting on the police coming to take a statement from me.

If it wasnt for two Hibs supporters who helped me last night i would never have got home.

I hope this is not a new trend they have started by attacking old women!!!

Please don't stop going to the football like my aunt seems to be at the moment.
If you are not confident going you should ask someone to go along with you.
Failing that drop me a PM & if I am going to the match I am more than happy to make sure you get there & home in 1 piece to build up your confidence.

I think many like minded Hibbys would do the same for you

GGTTH

Itsnoteasy
01-11-2018, 01:03 PM
Might be worth passing it on to be safe. Sooner he is caught the better.

Yes they have all the relevant info.

Itsnoteasy
01-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Sad to hear. Sincere best wishes to her.

The long silence on this from hearts is an embarrassment and surely plod Scotland can turn the same resources to finding the one beast involved here that they deployed to find all the fans on the pitch at the cup final.

It is very difficult for HMFC to comment on this. It is her daughter/my cousin who is Head of Public Relations for HMFC & as much as she is disgusted with all this she is in a tricky position.

Ann Budge & Craig Levein are devastated at what has happened.

As for Police Scotland they have interviewed my auntie & cousin at length & hopefully they catch this thug sooner rather than later.

I'm Spartacus
01-11-2018, 01:27 PM
Sad to hear :(

It's not a case of 'if' but 'when' they catch him/them, the footage is so clear.

Hope she makes a full recovery and regains her confidence again.

Bostonhibby
01-11-2018, 01:43 PM
It is very difficult for HMFC to comment on this. It is her daughter/my cousin who is Head of Public Relations for HMFC & as much as she is disgusted with all this she is in a tricky position.

Ann Budge & Craig Levein are devastated at what has happened.

As for Police Scotland they have interviewed my auntie & cousin at length & hopefully they catch this thug sooner rather than later.[emoji106]

PatHead
01-11-2018, 01:47 PM

Good hope he gets lifted soon if it is him. Hope she regains her confidence soon and is out and about.

One Day
01-11-2018, 02:57 PM

Good I hope they move quick and catch the little sh*t

Stantons Angel
01-11-2018, 03:28 PM
Please don't stop going to the football like my aunt seems to be at the moment.
If you are not confident going you should ask someone to go along with you.
Failing that drop me a PM & if I am going to the match I am more than happy to make sure you get there & home in 1 piece to build up your confidence.

I think many like minded Hibbys would do the same for you

GGTTH

it will take a lot more than a stupid Jambo knocking me of my feet to make me stop going to see Hibs!

thank you for your offer though but i will be fine.

I hope your gran rises above it all and keeps going to see her team.

hfc rd
01-11-2018, 03:38 PM
Very sorry to hear this. Hope she makes a full recovery and regains her confidence to start doing the things that she enjoys.

Hope that pathetic thug gets caught and is severely punished big time. C**** like him shouldn’t be on this earth!

Here’s Lucy!
01-11-2018, 03:47 PM
Really sorry to hear this - absolutely dreadful.

Hope the little ***** that did this gets caught and severely dealt with. As you say, most folk will have seen or heard of this and therefore I hope he is wetting himself in anticipation of the 'knock on the door'.

Best wishes to the lady :aok:

Itsnoteasy
01-11-2018, 04:47 PM
Just had news that she has a broken cheekbone.
Also still can't hear anything in her right ear.

Itsnoteasy
01-11-2018, 04:48 PM
it will take a lot more than a stupid Jambo knocking me of my feet to make me stop going to see Hibs!

Good to hear.

Here’s Lucy!
01-11-2018, 04:59 PM

FFS.

Just to reiterate, hope they catch this idiot.

wookie70
01-11-2018, 05:06 PM
Really sorry to hear that. Hope she makes a speedy, and full recovery

CRAZYHIBBY
02-11-2018, 08:16 AM
I watched the video ....absolutely disgusting and i hope the little pr1ck gets caught and jailed. Absolute coward throwing missiles at anyone. What happened to the days of square go's and organised battles.....seems like anyone with the opposite colours are fair game these days whilst poor sods like her are caught in the middle.....she could have been killed or he could have hit a kid.....they need to make an example of that piece of filth both in the court then in the jail

JimBHibees
02-11-2018, 08:28 AM

Jeezo that is terrible. Hopefully make as quick a recovery as possible. Absolutely shameful.

Johnny Clash
02-11-2018, 08:30 AM
Really sorry to hear about the damage that coward caused. It’s a lot harder for someone who’s 70 to recover from something as nasty as this so hope she takes strength from the goodwill messages coming in from all supporters. Idiots who throw missiles need to feel unwelcome at any game!

CentreLine
02-11-2018, 08:35 AM
Can’t add anything to the good wishes already expressed but just wondering if Hibs might not extend a hand of friendship here and offer your relatives a corporate package for the derby in December. Maybe find a slot in the directors box beside Budgie?
Better facilities than Tynecastle that may help restore her confidence.
No idea how practical that might be but just feel everyone needs to pull together

Bostonhibby
02-11-2018, 09:24 AM

Needs to see a decent lawyer to ensure that she is properly compensated for the criminal injuries caused here, especially if there's any ongoing problems / expenses. A prosecution of the **** involved here must surely follow as its looking like a pretty serious consequence to a mindless assault.

One Day Soon
02-11-2018, 11:03 AM

This must be extremely distressing for her (and you) and particularly so at her age. I hope she makes a good recovery from this physically and mentally as soon as possible and that she is back at Tynecastle or Easter Road giving us grief on match days.

It won't help that she has been so viciously assaulted by a 'fan' of her own team which I would imagine will add further hurt. Whoever this clown is, his behaviour is solely down to him as a person - not to do with his being a Hearts fan. I think it's important for people to be stressing that to her because when something as invasive and shocking as this happens to you the last thing you need to feel is that what you regarded as your own community is somehow alien to you or not what you thought it was. I am sure the club will work hard to address that.

Stokesy's on fire
02-11-2018, 11:22 AM

That is horrible thing to read and a true sad story. I'm sure there are many hearts fans who will be as equally disappointed with this as you are and really ashamed of the Hearts fan who did this as we all are. Sadly football has its fair share of idiots at all the 42 member clubs who do not think before they act.

Hopefully in time she can return to Tynecastle to support her club. it's none of my business how you handle things but I think it would be worth while writing to Hearts owner Anne Budge to explain to her how the impact of Sundays Murrayfield incident has made her feel and with any luck Hearts will try to help support your Aunt by maybe putting her into the hospitality section as a sign of support? Good Luck

Itsnoteasy
02-11-2018, 08:46 PM
Thanks all for the kind words. It's so humbling to hear.

She has been advised to stay away from football for 6 weeks due to her broken/fractured cheekbone, all it would take is for someone to bump into her & her jaw could drop.

Ann Budge is getting slated by lots of people (Not on .net) for not saying much on this incident but I can confirm that she has offered to do all she can to get my auntie back where she belongs.

Lancs Harp
02-11-2018, 08:52 PM
I hope she recovers fully and as quickly as possible. Its easier said than done but I sincerely hope she gets back to supporting the team she has spent decades and decades, for better and for worse, supporting and dont let some stupid hardman wanna be thug put her off. Who the hell is he to stop her watching her beloved team? God bless.

Itsnoteasy
02-11-2018, 08:56 PM
That is horrible thing to read and a true sad story. I'm sure there are many hearts fans who will be as equally disappointed with this as you are and really ashamed of the Hearts fan who did this as we all are. Sadly football has its fair share of idiots at all the 42 member clubs who do not think before they act.

Hopefully in time she can return to Tynecastle to support her club. it's none of my business how you handle things but I think it would be worth while writing to Hearts owner Anne Budge to explain to her how the impact of Sundays Murrayfield incident has made her feel and with any luck Hearts will try to help support your Aunt by maybe putting her into the hospitality section as a sign of support? Good Luck

I have been informed that someone sent Ann Budge my message from hibs.net, when I said I would sit in the Hearts end with my auntie on Wednesday if it meant she would go to the derby.
She was going to make it happen.
Bit it was to soon for her to return.

KDY Hibs
02-11-2018, 09:43 PM
I have been informed that someone sent Ann Budge my message from hibs.net, when I said I would sit in the Hearts end with my auntie on Wednesday if it meant she would go to the derby.
She was going to make it happen.
Bit it was to soon for her to return.

Fair play......

One Day
02-11-2018, 10:41 PM

That's the spirit

CMurdoch
02-11-2018, 11:04 PM

That is a disgrace A.
Can't imagine having to suffer such an injury and incident at that age.
Wrong in every way.

Stantons Angel
02-11-2018, 11:44 PM
Hi,

I cant stop thinking of how frightened your gran/auntie will be feeling and thought id write this wee note to her through you. I hope you dont mind.

Hi, ILike many others i have read the post of you being hit by a bottle at the Celtic v Hearts game last Sunday

To say i was disgusted is only partialy how i feel about but this is not about me or them its written to you and i hope it will make sense to you.

I am just about as old as you are and i too enjoy going all over to see my team play. Ive been doing this for 54yrs now and ive travelled all over Europe to Trinidad Tobago

and nothing has ever happened to me on all these trips.

Yet like yourself i was assaulted after the game against Hibs on Wednesday night by a neandethal Hearts supporter pushing me with a shoulder charge off the pavement and on to the ground. This i know is nothing to the injury and fear you must have felt but the feeling of being frightened and vulnerable was how i felt too.

I wanted to cry but couldnt as i kept thinking if i did they will have won and im not one for backing down to intimidation of any sort.

I swore to myself i wasnt going back to Tyncastle again to be put into a situation like that again and i convinced my self id do this.

After i had calmed down a bit i thought it over again and descided that i wasnt going to let them beat me and my enjoyment of my football was not going to be
spoiled by some eejit taking his frustrations on his team dictate to me what i could and couldnt do!!

Im surmmising you are still in shock and disbelief at what happened to you and i can understand that only too well. PLEASE dont let them take the pleasure of supporting your team home and away. Its your team and your pleasure and you cant let anything like this take that away from you.

at our age we dont have many things to keep us going and our football does that. It gives us a purpose to get up in the morning and look forward to the next game.

Your allegiance to your team is powerfull and passionate dont let that die because of them. Supporting my team has brought me through many ups and downs in my life and i have always felt that in times of trouble they are always there waiting on me.

Your too good a person and a supporter to let this get you down. I know you have a good family around you who will be worried about you and want to to do everything to help you get back on your feet again. Let them help you till your connfidence returns and your back hale and hearty.

I hope this post makes some sense to you time's a great healer and with all the love surrounding you you will come through this trauma and enjoy the football again.

We may well be on opposing sides as far as out allegience lies but we have to stick together and be strong for ourselves to win!

I wish you all the very best on the road to recovery and hope you will be in the away stand at Easter Road on 29th December at 3pm...... dont be late!

EH54
03-11-2018, 12:27 AM
Has the boy been caught yet?

NAE NOOKIE
03-11-2018, 12:29 AM
Like everyone else I hope the cowardly little scrote who threw the bottle gets his just desserts … it doesn't matter a toss that his intended target was Celtic fans and hitting one of his own was obviously not what he intended … if the bottle had hit a kid amongst the Celtic fans and seriously injured them it would be no different … as I'm sure the court will point out to him when he is sentenced. Get well soon to the lady he hit I hope you are back at Tynecastle soon.

As for Stanton's Angel. What happened to you was in my eyes actually worse … the bottle incident was at long range and the stupid prick had no idea who it was going to hit. The guy who barged you off the pavement must have known you were a woman, call me old fashioned but I come from a time and place where to hit a female was considered as cowardly an act as you could get, never mind an older lady ….. If that had been my mate I would have shopped him to the police as quick as I could and I highly doubt we would still be mates …… what a despicable act of cowardice that was.

Hibrandenburg
03-11-2018, 06:46 AM
Hi,

I cant stop thinking of how frightened your gran/auntie will be feeling and thought id write this wee note to her through you. I hope you dont mind.

Hi, ILike many others i have read the post of you being hit by a bottle at the Celtic v Hearts game last Sunday

To say i was disgusted is only partialy how i feel about but this is not about me or them its written to you and i hope it will make sense to you.

I am just about as old as you are and i too enjoy going all over to see my team play. Ive been doing this for 54yrs now and ive travelled all over Europe to Trinidad Tobago

Yet like yourself i was assaulted after the game against Hibs on Wednesday night by a neandethal Hearts supporter pushing me with a shoulder charge off the pavement and on to the ground. This i know is nothing to the injury and fear you must have felt but the feeling of being frightened and vulnerable was how i felt too.

I wanted to cry but couldnt as i kept thinking if i did they will have won and im not one for backing down to intimidation of any sort.

I swore to myself i wasnt going back to Tyncastle again to be put into a situation like that again and i convinced my self id do this.

After i had calmed down a bit i thought it over again and descided that i wasnt going to let them beat me and my enjoyment of my football was not going to be
spoiled by some eejit taking his frustrations on his team dictate to me what i could and couldnt do!!

Im surmmising you are still in shock and disbelief at what happened to you and i can understand that only too well. PLEASE dont let them take the pleasure of supporting your team home and away. Its your team and your pleasure and you cant let anything like this take that away from you.

at our age we dont have many things to keep us going and our football does that. It gives us a purpose to get up in the morning and look forward to the next game.

Your allegiance to your team is powerfull and passionate dont let that die because of them. Supporting my team has brought me through many ups and downs in my life and i have always felt that in times of trouble they are always there waiting on me.

Your too good a person and a supporter to let this get you down. I know you have a good family around you who will be worried about you and want to to do everything to help you get back on your feet again. Let them help you till your connfidence returns and your back hale and hearty.

I hope this post makes some sense to you time's a great healer and with all the love surrounding you you will come through this trauma and enjoy the football again.

We may well be on opposing sides as far as out allegience lies but we have to stick together and be strong for ourselves to win!

I wish you all the very best on the road to recovery and hope you will be in the away stand at Easter Road on 29th December at 3pm...... dont be late!

Top post.

JimBHibees
03-11-2018, 06:49 AM
Hi,

Well said that is a fantastic message to send. :agree:

Itsnoteasy
03-11-2018, 07:11 AM
Hi,

Fantastic post.
I am going to print of all these humble & heartfelt messages & put them in a card for her to read.

Itsnoteasy
03-11-2018, 07:22 AM
You really can't underestimate the power of social media.

The video has had over half a million views on FB.

There is sometimes a funny moment when the chips are down.

My aunties grandson said to her "Nana your famous everyone is talking about you BUT could you not have just won the lottery"

Priceless

Stantons Angel
03-11-2018, 10:13 AM
You really can't underestimate the power of social media.

The video has had over half a million views on FB.

There is sometimes a funny moment when the chips are down.

My aunties grandson said to her "Nana your famous everyone is talking about you BUT could you not have just won the lottery"

Priceless

out of the mouth of babes!

Stantons Angel
03-11-2018, 10:14 AM
Fantastic post.
I am going to print of all these humble & heartfelt messages & put them in a card for her to read.

I think that is a great idea! i hope she recovers well.

Stantons Angel
03-11-2018, 10:21 AM
Well said that is a fantastic message to send. :agree:

thank you and i meant every word of it!

Despite this lady's allegience it all comes down to "just a game of football" as my mum was forever telling me.

But we know its not just that.

We have to use the pride and the passion we have for our football team to make us strong enought to get over things like this.

Its when you sit down and think of it you realise you cant let them win, you must get the strenghth from your family around you and stand up again.

it aint easy i know but we cant let the B.....ds get u s down!!!

Stantons Angel
03-11-2018, 10:23 AM
Top post.

Thank you i meant every word of that!

speedy_gonzales
04-11-2018, 10:23 AM
Has the boy been caught yet?

Police Scotland have just tweeted a 26 year old man has been arrested,,,, hopefully this gives GorgieGreens aunt a little closure and allows her to slowly get back to her normal self knowing this thug has been nailed!

wookie70
04-11-2018, 11:08 AM
Police Scotland have just tweeted a 26 year old man has been arrested,,,, hopefully this gives GorgieGreens aunt a little closure and allows her to slowly get back to her normal self knowing this thug has been nailed!

Hope he get's the book thrown at him. Metaphorically speaking of course. I hope he pleads guilty and takes what is coming to make sure your Aunt can get on with her recovery rather than worry about court cases.

Itsnoteasy
04-11-2018, 11:53 AM
HE handed himself into the police.
26 year old from Ratho.
Can't name him but I'm sure the press will do that for me.

H18 SFR
04-11-2018, 12:07 PM
HE handed himself into the police.
26 year old from Ratho.
Can't name him but I'm sure the press will do that for me.

You can name him, you're just acting very responsibly, the man in question could learn a lot from you.

Here’s Lucy!
04-11-2018, 01:06 PM
You can name him, you're just acting very responsibly, the idiot in question could learn a lot from you.

Well said (I changed one word though).

Itsnoteasy
04-11-2018, 02:28 PM
You can name him, you're just acting very responsibly, the man in question could learn a lot from you.

I should have said I won't name him instead of I can't.

CMurdoch
04-11-2018, 03:58 PM
Hope he get's the book thrown at him. Metaphorically speaking of course. I hope he pleads guilty and takes what is coming to make sure your Aunt can get on with her recovery rather than worry about court cases.

If A's Auntie has him with her i'm sure she will be fine.
All she is speaking to is walking along minding her own business when she is struck on the side of the face with a heavy object and the effect of the blow on her physically and emotionally. She cannot identify the culprit.

Hope he pleads not guilty so that everyone can see him.
Being the *****r he is i suspect he won't.
He will be admitting he threw the bottle but didn't mean to hit A's Auntie.
However, that is irrelevant to what was a reckless act.
He is lucky he is not facing a culpable homocide charge.
I think he should and will get the jail.
Much worse than all the incidents that happened at Tynecastle on Wednesday put together.

cabbageandribs1875
04-11-2018, 04:13 PM
i saw a video the other day on FB which was 50 yards away on the other side of a bus, this big huge 20+ stone(i swear) female(at one time maybe) with a hertz top on yellin at her fellow wee neds 'naw dinny, dinny,yer hiitin yer own, yer hittin yer own' ******* vomit inducing :jamboclow:jamboclow

Here’s Lucy!
04-11-2018, 04:15 PM
i saw a video the other day on FB which was 50 yards away on the other side of a bus, this big huge 20+ stone(i swear) female(at one time maybe) with a hertz top on yellin at her fellow wee neds 'naw dinny, dinny,yer hiitin yer own, yer hittin yer own' ******* vomit inducing :jamboclow:jamboclow

Saw that as well.

She used his first name too.

WoreTheGreen
04-11-2018, 04:15 PM

Her or the footage or both

Hermit Crab
04-11-2018, 09:13 PM

But if that was a Celtic fan she'd presumably be ok with it. Roaster.

Hermit Crab
04-11-2018, 09:17 PM
All she is speaking to is walking along minding her own business when she is struck on the side of the face with a heavy object and the effect of the blow on her physically and emotionally. She cannot identify the culprit.

Much worse than all the incidents that happened at Tynecastle on Wednesday put together.

I don't think he'll get the jail but he will almost certainly get banned from all football grounds for 10 years and Ann Budge will ban him for life from Tynecastle and to her credit she wants to weed out these cretins and ban them.

CraigHibee
04-11-2018, 09:19 PM
i'm glad to hear he had handed himself in, video footage pretty conclusive so someone would have grassed him in for it, i hope your auntie is on the mend :aok:

CraigHibee
04-11-2018, 09:21 PM
I don't think he'll get the jail but he will almost certainly get banned from all football grounds for 10 years and Ann Budge will ban him for life from Tynecastle and to her credit she wants to weed out these cretins and ban them.

i'm not so sure, i think he will get done for it and get some time inside, might even have past history (who knows) he was quite happy to launch it across the road so clearly didn't give a ****

Itsnoteasy
04-11-2018, 10:09 PM

I don't know the legal system but are you saying if he pleads guilty his name will never be mentioned?

JimBHibees
05-11-2018, 06:36 AM

personally don't think she has done anywhere near enough of sorting out their neds. Was happy to mouth off about songs Celtic sang in one of her earlier games not quite so quick in calling out her own.

JimBHibees
05-11-2018, 06:37 AM
I don't know the legal system but are you saying if he pleads guilty his name will never be mentioned?

Pretty sure the name would be released if guilty as he would be given sentence in court however just wouldn't be a trial.

Bostonhibby
05-11-2018, 07:32 AM
Pretty sure the name would be released if guilty as he would be given sentence in court however just wouldn't be a trial.Will be on the court lists for the day in question.

CMurdoch
05-11-2018, 12:43 PM

No not saying that A.
Given the nature of the incident and the ages of the victim and the culprit the media will be all over it and his name and photograph will be all over every form of media.
Everyone will know who he is and what he did.

CMurdoch
05-11-2018, 01:14 PM

Will definitely get the jail.
He threw a full bottle of beer with power with the intention of hurting the Celtic supporters on the other side of the road.
It struck a 70 year old woman, broke her cheekbone and has caused her psychological and emotional damage.
He could just as easily have killed her.
His solicitor will say he was throwing the bottle at the bus but that is not credible.
He will say sorry but is deservedly going down.

All parents should teach their kids never to punch or kick anyone in the head and never to throw objects at people which could hurt them.
You have no control over the result of your actions after you throw the punch or object.
Many people die every year from one punch to the head, they fall backwards and the back of their heads strikes the ground. Game over for them, game over for their parents, game over for their siblings, game over for family and friends ...................... of victim AND culprit. All because people can't keep their hands to themselves and manage their anger.

Fife-Hibee
05-11-2018, 03:50 PM
He threw a full bottle of beer with power with the intention of hurting the Celtic supporters on the other side of the road.
It struck a 70 year old woman, broke her cheekbone and has caused her psychological and emotional damage.
His solicitor will say he was throwing the bottle at the bus but that is not credible.

All parents should teach their kids never to punch or kick anyone in the head and never to throw objects at people which could hurt them.
You have no control over the result of your actions after you throw the punch or object.
Many people die every year from one punch to the head, they fall backwards and the back of their heads strikes the ground. Game over for them, game over for their parents, game over for their siblings, game over for family and friends ...................... of victim AND culprit. All because people can't keep their hands to themselves and manage their anger.

Well said mate !

Here’s Lucy!
05-11-2018, 04:15 PM

:aok:Well said Mr Murdoch

Itsnoteasy
05-11-2018, 05:38 PM

I hope your right

CMurdoch
05-11-2018, 06:10 PM
I hope your right

The court case will take care of itself.
Good on you for everything you have done to get this idiot captured.
Best Wishes to your Aunt.

Itsnoteasy
05-11-2018, 06:27 PM
The court case will take care of itself.
Good on you for everything you have done to get this idiot captured.
Best Wishes to your Aunt.

Just doing what most others would have done.
Thanks for your wishes.

Itsnoteasy
05-11-2018, 07:36 PM
He has been let out on bail.

CMurdoch
05-11-2018, 08:49 PM

I'm afraid there is no reason or grounds to keep him in ........ at the moment.

Scouse Hibee
05-11-2018, 08:58 PM

Better keep himself safe.

hibeemikey21
05-11-2018, 09:40 PM

I wouldn’t worry. As others have said, that is just part of the process. He’s still “innocent” at the moment.

I also think the publicity this incident has gained will increase his chances of jail time due to public policy (given the uproar if he is to walk).

StevieC
05-11-2018, 10:47 PM

To be expected, and won't have any real bearing on the final sentence.

I'm guessing he sought legal advice as soon as the video got out, and would have been told to hand himself in on Sunday so that the solicitor could request bail when he appeared in court on Monday morning. Because he handed himself in the solicitor could argue that he wasn't a flight risk and bail should be granted.
The next step is a sentence bargain for a guilty plea, but could be debatable whether anything is on the table given the publicity?

Jdawg
05-11-2018, 11:00 PM
To be expected, and won't have any real bearing on the final sentence.

I'm guessing he sought legal advice as soon as the video got out, and would have been told to hand himself in on Sunday so that the solicitor could request bail when he appeared in court on Monday morning. Because he handed himself in the solicitor could argue that he wasn't a flight risk and bail should be granted.
The next step is a sentence bargain for a guilty plea, but could be debatable whether anything is on the table given the publicity?

Maximum discount on sentencing if he pled guilty at the first diet.

Bail isn’t so much flight risk but previous convictions (particularly if analogous) if any, public interest, if household requires his income, kids, whether he works, etc. May have special conditions imposed, not to attend football matches, etc.

06-11-2018, 12:46 AM

You're right not to name him.
Never jeopardize a court case - The Court will release his name in good time. Too many low life have gotten away with it through loopholes in the legal system over the years by claiming trial by media.
Let the court process go its course and hopefully this rat will get what's coming to him.

He knows he's guilty that's why he's handed himself in. If he didn't do this he would have been named by others and it would have ended up worse for him. By handing himself in he'll be hoping the judge goes light on him. Having seen the video I hope not.

Jdawg
06-11-2018, 07:55 AM
You're right not to name him.
Never jeopardize a court case - The Court will release his name in good time. Too many low life have gotten away with it through loopholes in the legal system over the years by claiming trial by media.
Let the court process go its course and hopefully this rat will get what's coming to him.

He knows he's guilty that's why he's handed himself in. If he didn't do this he would have been named by others and it would have ended up worse for him. By handing himself in he'll be hoping the judge goes light on him. Having seen the video I hope not.

Good point. It’s also a contempt of court offence.

staunchhibby
06-11-2018, 08:41 AM
Yep naming him could prejudice any proceedings

Bostonhibby
06-11-2018, 09:49 AM
I think his name will normally appear on the court rolls list in the week before trial in any event and it's a document that's available on line and at the court.

staunchhibby
06-11-2018, 10:42 AM
It should do

Itsnoteasy
08-11-2018, 05:34 PM
I think his name will normally appear on the court rolls list in the week before trial in any event and it's a document that's available on line and at the court.

Where do I find this info ?he is up for sentencing next week

Ged
08-11-2018, 05:37 PM

Scroll down to Edinburgh........

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/current-business/court-rolls/sheriff-court

Does he get a mention?

Bostonhibby
08-11-2018, 05:42 PM
Where do I find this info ?he is up for sentencing next weekHopefully our hero will be outed here.

PaulSmith
08-11-2018, 05:57 PM
Hopefully our hero will be outed here.

Thursdays court roll at Edinburgh.. Brian Hibernian Ferguson.

I might head up to support the gadgie just for the middle name!

(ps this is NOT the coin thrower!)

stantonhibby
08-11-2018, 05:58 PM
Scroll down to Edinburgh........

Does he get a mention?

Check out the middle name for the boy Ferguson in Edinburgh on 8th!!

CMurdoch
08-11-2018, 06:25 PM

A, you recently said he handed himself in to the Police, they would charge him if they had sufficient evidence and then release him on a bail undertaking to appear at Edinburgh Sheriff Court at some future date for a pleading diet i.e. where he will plead guilty or not guilty.
Your Aunty should be informed once this has happened.

Itsnoteasy
08-11-2018, 07:36 PM
A, you recently said he handed himself in to the Police, they would charge him if they had sufficient evidence and then release him on a bail undertaking to appear at Edinburgh Sheriff Court at some future date for a pleading diet i.e. where he will plead guilty or not guilty.
Your Aunty should be informed once this has happened.

I have been led to believe that he appears on Wednesday to plead guilty or not guilty.

Itsnoteasy
08-11-2018, 07:43 PM
Hopefully our hero will be outed here.

Nope no mention of name

CMurdoch
08-11-2018, 07:55 PM
I have been led to believe that he appears on Wednesday to plead guilty or not guilty.

If he pleads not guilty a trial date will be set otherwise a date will be set for background reports and sentencing.

Bostonhibby
08-11-2018, 08:13 PM
Nope no mention of nameShould be on the list for whatever court the pleadings are heard at.

If anyone working in Scottish legal system knows different please post.

Aldo
08-11-2018, 08:16 PM

So by this it looks like he was liberated from police custody on what used to be be called an undertaking.

Bet you any money it’s a closed court!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
08-11-2018, 08:43 PM
So by this it looks like he was liberated from police custody on what used to be be called an undertaking.

Bet you any money it’s a closed court!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably not given the case is about a Hearts 'supporter' assaulting a Hearts supporter so a closed court shouldn't be necessary for a pleading diet.

Bostonhibby
08-11-2018, 08:48 PM
Where I live and work in England the outcome of criminal cases of this sort are a matter of public record. Not sure why this one would be any different.

Scouse Hibee
08-11-2018, 08:52 PM
Should be on the list for whatever court the pleadings are heard at.

If anyone working in Scottish legal system knows different please post.

Intermediate diets aren’t normally listed in the court rolls as far as I know.
If he pleads not guilty and goes to trial then he will be listed.

Bostonhibby
08-11-2018, 08:54 PM
If he pleads not guilty and goes to trial then he will be listed.[emoji106]

Good thing is, whatever the outcome the family are free to talk about it in the end

Itsnoteasy
09-11-2018, 11:38 PM
If he pleads not guilty and goes to trial then he will be listed.

You could be right.
As I have been assured that he is up on Wednesday.
How do you find out what court he is in?
Do you just ask at the desk.

Greenworld
10-11-2018, 07:27 AM
You could be right.
As I have been assured that he is up on Wednesday.
How do you find out what court he is in?
Do you just ask at the desk.https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/current-business/court-rolls/court-roll?id=5a705ba7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

Look here it's the list for Wednesday do you see his name

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Itsnoteasy
14-11-2018, 01:28 PM
I have been reliably informed he made NO PLEA.
Fiscal requesting more info before sentencing.

Keith_M
14-11-2018, 01:45 PM

I'm not an expert on these matters so...

Could anybody explain for what purpose somebody would make No Plea? Wouldn't you be as well pleading either Guilty or Not Guilty right away?

:dunno:

Kojock
14-11-2018, 01:51 PM

If he has appeared on indictment which is more serious he can make no plea or declaration and a pleading diet is set for a later date. If he pleads not guilty then, his trial will be held in front of a sheriff and jury. He can't appear for sentence unless he has pled guilty which he doesn't appear to have done.

Kojock
14-11-2018, 01:54 PM
I'm not an expert on these matters so...

Could anybody explain for what purpose somebody would make No Plea? Wouldn't you be as well pleading either Guilty or Not Guilty right away?

:dunno:

See my post above it's basically procedural, guilty/not guilty is a Sheriff court process (summary procedure) and no plea or declaration is for solemn procedure, more serious than summary.

Itsnoteasy
14-11-2018, 03:01 PM

It was also a closed court, so you couldn't sit & listen to the shenanigans.

silverhibee
14-11-2018, 03:16 PM
If he has appeared on indictment which is more serious he can make no plea or declaration and a pleading diet is set for a later date. If he pleads not guilty then, his trial will be held in front of a sheriff and jury. He can't appear for sentence unless he has pled guilty which he doesn't appear to have done.

Yip, could see himself in the high court for this.

If on indictment then he could be looking at a few years.

BILLYHIBS
14-11-2018, 03:23 PM
See my post above it's basically procedural, guilty/not guilty is a Sheriff court process (summary procedure) and no plea or declaration is for solemn procedure, more serious than summary.
Based on your expert opinion Kojock what sentence do you think he will get?
Would you be prepared to hazard a guess ?

silverhibee
14-11-2018, 03:32 PM

I'll guess, 3 years.

Kojock
14-11-2018, 04:47 PM
It was also a closed court, so you couldn't sit & listen to the shenanigans.

Definitely on indictment then, hence the no plea or declaration. Theres three different procedures starting with the Sheriff Summary which deals with all the routine less serious crimes and offences. Then there’s Sheriff Solemn which is what I imagine this guy will go through and could result in a trial by Sheriff and Jury. The highest court in the land is the High Court which deals with the most serious crimes ie your rapes and murders.

Kojock
14-11-2018, 04:53 PM

Depends if he has any previous convictions especially if they are for violent offences. It’s very difficult to say as each case is dealt with on the individual circumstances so dont hold me to this but I would be very surprised if he was sentenced to anything over 12 months.

BILLYHIBS
14-11-2018, 05:02 PM
Depends if he has any previous convictions especially if they are for violent offences. It’s very difficult to say as each case is dealt with on the individual circumstances so dont hold me to this but I would be very surprised if he was sentenced to anything over 12 months.
Thanks for that appreciate your input

Since90+2
14-11-2018, 05:11 PM

How long does a case of this kind normally take to come to court?

Kojock
14-11-2018, 05:40 PM
How long does a case of this kind normally take to come to court?

Depending on how he pleads, a not guilty plea could be anything from 6 months to a year for a trial to take place.

Itsnoteasy
15-11-2018, 07:13 AM

I believe he is known to the police but we don't no what for.

Kojock
15-11-2018, 07:55 AM

Being known to the Police and having previous convictions are two entirely different entities. You would be surprised how many people are really well known to Police but have very little in the way of actual convictions.

CMurdoch
15-11-2018, 10:55 AM

A, you should relax and let due process run now.
FWIW I believe the guy won't want this to go to sheriff and jury, so will eventually have to plead guilty.
If he does go the sheriff and jury route the video would be shown in court and the jury would see the force with which he threw the bottle and the glee on his face after it hit your Aunty. No chance his lawyer wants that.

Itsnoteasy
15-11-2018, 01:05 PM
FWIW I believe the guy won't want this to go to sheriff and jury, so will eventually have to plead guilty.
If he does go the sheriff and jury route the video would be shown in court and the jury would see the force with which he threw the bottle and the glee on his face after it hit your Aunty. No chance his lawyer wants that.

I'm fine about it all.
It's just there is no closure for the victim.
She has been asked to submit a statement how the incident has affected her.

Kojock
15-11-2018, 02:11 PM
I'm fine about it all.
It's just there is no closure for the victim.
She has been asked to submit a statement how the incident has affected her.

A "victim impact statement" in the event of a guilty plea / verdict the statement will be read out to the court. Its a great way for the Sheriff to find out the initial affect and any long term affect the incident has had on the victim.
I would suggest that someone assists your aunt in the writing of the statement as she is probably of the generation who plays things down and doesn't like to make a fuss.

Kojock
15-11-2018, 02:18 PM

Re the bit in bold that would be my assumption as well, however if he thinks he is going to jail he will want to delay any sentencing till after Christmas so IMHO I think he will plead not guilty initially but change his plea nearer to the trial date.

Here’s Lucy!
15-11-2018, 04:04 PM
A "victim impact statement" in the event of a guilty plea / verdict the statement will be read out to the court. Its a great way for the Sheriff to find out the initial affect and any long term affect the incident has had on the victim.
I would suggest that someone assists your aunt in the writing of the statement as she is probably of the generation who plays things down and doesn't like to make a fuss.

That's probably very true, and therefore a great bit of advice. :aok:

Itsnoteasy
15-11-2018, 04:18 PM

Your spot on. My cousin is on the case. She was advised the week after it happened to make a statement. I also told them to keep a diary & take pictures of her face showing the severe swelling & bruising.

She still doesn't want to leave the house unassisted or attend any football matches.

Unless he gets time in the jail or looses his job his life will have been overall unaffected.

We have a 70 year old woman who still works full time, had a good social life & followed her favourite team.

As we speak she has lost all of the above. Only time will tell if she gains confidence to venture out & try & continue her life as it used to be.

Itsnoteasy
02-12-2018, 11:29 PM
Glad to say she has finally returned back to watching her team.
Yesterday was her 1st match since the incident.
Still not confident to return to work or venture out on a daily basis. But were moving in the right direction.

oldbutdim
02-12-2018, 11:46 PM
Still not confident to return to work or venture out on a daily basis. But were moving in the right direction.

Blimey!

She must have nerves of steel.
First match back, and she is faced with all these nutters with the 'Red Hands' flags, and crazy singing?

And on top of that there's all the Rangers fans up to their nonsense too.

Brave lady.

Hope she is well on the way to a full recovery.

I'm Spartacus
03-12-2018, 12:00 PM

Any idea when the case will be coming up? I hope the press give this the coverage it deserves as his face should be in every paper going. f'ing animal.

Glad to hear she's on the mend.

scoopyboy
03-12-2018, 12:13 PM

Good to hear.

Itsnoteasy
03-12-2018, 01:35 PM
Any idea when the case will be coming up? I hope the press give this the coverage it deserves as his face should be in every paper going. f'ing animal.

Glad to hear she's on the mend.

The case was heard in a closed court & he made no plea.
He is currently on bail at the moment.

I have no doubt that his face will be plastered everywhere when he is sentenced.

calumhibee1
03-12-2018, 02:40 PM
Blimey!

First match back, and she is faced with all these nutters with the 'Red Hands' flags, and crazy singing?

Brave lady.

:greengrin

Good to hear GG. Hopefully her confidence can keep increasing.

Here’s Lucy!
03-12-2018, 04:16 PM

A very good piece of news.

Hope the wee ned gets everything he deserves, and then some more.

Bristolhibby
03-12-2018, 04:27 PM
The case was heard in a closed court & he made no plea.
He is currently on bail at the moment.

I have no doubt that his face will be plastered everywhere when he is sentenced.

What’s the craic with a closed court?

J

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-12-2018, 04:29 PM
Still no sign of the coin thrower then?

Famous Fiver
03-12-2018, 04:29 PM
I see banana throwing has made a comeback but not at Tynie this time.

Your lady is a brave woman and I salute her for going back there.

BullsCloseHibs
03-12-2018, 08:51 PM
Blimey!

Brave lady.

Could easily have been faced with Yaxley-Lennon's ugly mug too luckily, he was sitting at home in his leather pants.

I'm Spartacus
04-12-2018, 08:18 AM
Did I read somewhere he was on an indictment? That means it's a High Court charge does it not? = expected longer sentence?

Itsnoteasy
05-12-2018, 08:18 AM
What’s the craic with a closed court?

J

Refer to Kojock above he knows how these things work.

Itsnoteasy
05-12-2018, 08:20 AM
Did I read somewhere he was on an indictment? That means it's a High Court charge does it not? = expected longer sentence?

That's news to me. I'm sure they are waiting on the victim impact statement & background reports then take it from there.

One Day Soon
05-12-2018, 08:49 AM

Like.

SideBurns
05-12-2018, 09:58 AM

Indictment just means it is solemn procedure (see Kojock's earlier post) rather than summary, so it'll be trial by a jury - but that could be either Sheriff Court or High Court.

Itsnoteasy
25-06-2019, 10:33 AM
Another set back for my Auntie.

Despite suffering a fractured zygoma/cheekbone, lack of hearing, panic attack at work, mentally & physically scarred, the criminal compensation board have decided that she is not entitled to any reward.

So the dilemma is what is her next step.
Can she sue the accused.
Does she go for no win no fee.
Or pay a lawyer to pursue this.

There has still been no date set for a trial so everything still up in the air.

Where is the justice!

BigKev
25-06-2019, 10:40 AM
She should be able to appeal the Criminal Injuries decision.

If not it might be worthwhile seeing if the person culpable would be in any position to pay any civil case if it was brought against them. A small compensation award against them could be deducted from wages if successful. If they're self employed it's harder.

Betty Boop
25-06-2019, 10:54 AM
Another set back for my Auntie.

Despite suffering a fractured zygoma/cheekbone, lack of hearing, panic attack at work, mentally & physically scarred, the criminal compensation board have decided that she is not entitled to any reward.

So the dilemma is what is her next step.
Can she sue the accused.
Does she go for no win no fee.
Or pay a lawyer to pursue this.

There has still been no date set for a trial so everything still up in the air.

Where is the justice!

Hats off to your Auntie still working at 70. She should be sitting with her feet up.

Sean1875
25-06-2019, 10:54 AM
She should be able to appeal the Criminal Injuries decision.

If not it might be worthwhile seeing if the person culpable would be in any position to pay any civil case if it was brought against them. A small compensation award against them could be deducted from wages if successful. If they're self employed it's harder.

That criminal injuries board is a joke. I got jumped in Glasgow and almost lost my left eye as a result but thankfully the surgeons acted just in time. The criminal injuries board decided that the eye injury didn't fit into any of their specific categories for a compensation award, and money I did receive for the permanent scaring around my eye was reduced by the amount that I had already received from the guilty parties fines, which essentially made their sentence pointless - a joke of an organisation.

CMurdoch
25-06-2019, 10:56 AM
A, the problem with suing the guy is he will be an arse who has no money and probably no job.
So that isn't really a great solution.

However, when a court finds someone guilty of for example assault, the judge can make a compensation order against the guilty party ordering them to pay compensation to the victim, in this case your Aunty. If the guilty party fails to pay they get dragged back into court.

Re the time it is taking for the case to come to court. It's been 8 months since the incident which is sadly early days.
It could easily be Christmas before it is resolved.

Itsnoteasy
25-06-2019, 11:04 AM
That criminal injuries board is a joke. I got jumped in Glasgow and almost lost my left eye as a result but thankfully the surgeons acted just in time. The criminal injuries board decided that the eye injury didn't fit into any of their specific categories for a compensation award, and money I did receive for the permanent scaring around my eye was reduced by the amount that I had already received from the guilty parties fines, which essentially made their sentence pointless - a joke of an organisation.

My cousin has looked at the injuries that you can receive compo for & a fractured cheekbone is one of them £1000. Sounds like you need a life threatening injury before you receive any sort of award.

BigKev
25-06-2019, 11:21 AM

I've only dealt with them once and it was 25 years ago after I got glassed.

It was fairly straightforward back then but I guess things have changed a bit since then.

At the time I was awarded £1500 which I received 6 months or so later, 3 months or so after the trial.

One Day Soon
25-06-2019, 11:29 AM
Does this not also partly depend on the track record of the accused?

Itsnoteasy
25-06-2019, 11:34 AM
A, the problem with suing the guy is he will be an arse who has no money and probably no job.
So that isn't really a great solution.

However, when a court finds someone guilty of for example assault, the judge can make a compensation order against the guilty party ordering them to pay compensation to the victim, in this case your Aunty. If the guilty party fails to pay they get dragged back into court.

Re the time it is taking for the case to come to court. It's been 8 months since the incident which is sadly early days.
It could easily be Christmas before it is resolved.

She was asked if she had any holidays planned for July/August so hopefully something in the pipeline soon.

CMurdoch
26-06-2019, 11:16 PM
She was asked if she had any holidays planned for July/August so hopefully something in the pipeline soon.

He will be one of those useless little *****s who pleads not guilty all the way up to the trial then plead guilty on the day.
Can't see it going to trial as it would paint him in a horrific light on front of the judge and jury if there was one.
Best wishes to your Aunty for the new season.

Itsnoteasy
27-06-2019, 05:26 PM
He will be one of those useless little *****s who pleads not guilty all the way up to the trial then plead guilty on the day.
Can't see it going to trial as it would paint him in a horrific light on front of the judge and jury if there was one.

Cheers CM

StevesFamau5
27-06-2019, 05:37 PM

Based on his location, I am desperate to find out who he is, I live on a street in Ratho which is full of the Yams. Some are fine but quite a lot are mini huns and absolutely vile. I've had my car spat on and had rubbish chucked on it because I am a Hibby. Cup final day this year was poisonous, union Jack's etc outside houses. Anyway moving on from that.

I wish your Auntie well Gorgie greens, and hope she is well despite everything to do with this incident.

The Green Goblin
27-06-2019, 06:14 PM
Apologies if already mentioned on the thread, but did the club ban the idiot who threw the bottle?

cabbageandribs1875
27-06-2019, 06:16 PM
Apologies if already mentioned on the thread, but did the club ban the idiot who threw the bottle?

yep, sine die iirc, very unfair

actually, after second thoughts, i think that was maybe the guy that went on the pitch and 'looked' at tavernier(sp) ?

Kojock
27-06-2019, 06:33 PM
yep, sine die iirc, very unfair

actually, after second thoughts, i think that was maybe the guy that went on the pitch and 'looked' at tavernier(sp) ?

Think you're getting mixed up his auntie was the Hearts fan who was hit by a bottle thrown by another so called Hearts fan trying to hit Celtic supporters.

Kojock
27-06-2019, 06:43 PM

Unfortunately the court system is under so much pressure and defence lawyers know it. They get their clients to plead not guilty knowing full well that on the day of the trial and because of volume of business on the day the PF will offer the accused a deal ie accused charged with punching and kicking the victim about the head and body will be amended to "you did punch the victim to the body" which dilutes the severity of the original charge.

CMurdoch
27-06-2019, 07:27 PM
Unfortunately the court system is under so much pressure and defence lawyers know it. They get their clients to plead not guilty knowing full well that on the day of the trial and because of volume of business on the day the PF will offer the accused a deal ie accused charged with punching and kicking the victim about the head and body will be amended to "you did punch the victim to the body" which dilutes the severity of the original charge.

It has always been so.
Nowt to do with justice.

Off track, I used to love the auld Edinburgh District Court up the High Street when the accused would decide to conduct their own defence.
It was almost impossible to keep a straight face as the defendant tried to play out television and film lawyers they had seen, however, frustration and anger would soon overwhelm them and they would make a total tit of themselves.

OxoHibby
27-06-2019, 08:18 PM
It has always been so.
Nowt to do with justice.

Off track, I used to love the auld Edinburgh District Court up the High Street when the accused would decide to conduct their own defence.
It was almost impossible to keep a straight face as the defendant tried to play out television and film lawyers they had seen, however, frustration and anger would soon overwhelm them and they would make a total tit of themselves.

Not sure it's always been so. Looks at the number If murder charges that get reduced to culpable homicide now

CMurdoch
28-06-2019, 01:39 AM
Not sure it's always been so. Looks at the number If murder charges that get reduced to culpable homicide now

Lots of attempt murders also get reduced to serious assault. The cops go in with the top charge then the prosecution and the defence have discussions and a deal on a guilty plea to a lesser charge is or is not done. Western justice doesn't work. It a cumbersome mess from which ridiculous amounts of solicitors and QC's take ridiculous amounts of money. The accused, victims and witnesses are just players in their play. If the prosecution and the defence didn't do deals the whole system as it is would quickly grind to a halt.

Itsnoteasy
03-09-2019, 10:52 PM
A huge weight has been lifted from my aunties shoulders today. The thug pleaded guilty & will return on 2nd October for sentencing after background checks are done.

wookie70
03-09-2019, 11:17 PM
A huge weight has been lifted from my aunties shoulders today. The thug pleaded guilty & will return on 2nd October for sentencing after background checks are done. Glad to hear your Auntie has had some good news and at least the idiot has done the decent thing.

CMurdoch
04-09-2019, 01:30 AM
knew he
A huge weight has been lifted from my aunties shoulders today. The thug pleaded guilty & will return on 2nd October for sentencing after background checks are done.

That's really good news.
It was never going to court but you could never have persuaded your Aunty of that.
It's a disgrace she has had to worry about court all this time.

Best wishes to your Aunty. Hopefully the lifting of this burden will give her recovery a boost and she can get back to enjoying trivial matters like supporting her team.
On reflection, enjoy is probably too strong a word given her team are performing even worse than ours!

JimBHibees
04-09-2019, 06:13 AM

That is good to hear. Hopefully she can get on with supporting her team and getting on with her life as she did before this.

surreyhibbie
04-09-2019, 10:20 AM

Great news mate!

Hope your Auntie gets back to enjoying going to games very soon. :aok:

MB62
04-09-2019, 10:37 AM

:thumbsup:

SideBurns
04-09-2019, 02:09 PM
My cousin has looked at the injuries that you can receive compo for & a fractured cheekbone is one of them £1000. Sounds like you need a life threatening injury before you receive any sort of award.

I got my jaw broken years ago, and received compo (can't recall how much, but over a grand) and that was without it going to court as the polis didn't catch the jokers. Given the boy has pled guilty, I can't believe your auntie isn't due something.

Keith_M
04-09-2019, 02:29 PM

Good to hear, GG.

I hope she's doing OK.

Fergos
04-09-2019, 04:37 PM

Great news for your Aunty and the family GG, hope she’s doing ok and the idiot gets what they deserve.

Persevere.

GGTTH

StevesFamau5
04-09-2019, 09:25 PM
A huge weight has been lifted from my aunties shoulders today. The thug pleaded guilty & will return on 2nd October for sentencing after background checks are done.Great to hear [emoji4] hoping that he gets the deserved sentence and your auntie can get closure.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Stantons Angel
05-09-2019, 10:42 AM
Im glad to hear the wee thug owned up to it . He was on a loser all the way due to everyone filming him actually doing it.

I hope he gets what he deserves the moron!

Good Luck to your auntie and i hope she recovers well and that she does not let what happened stop her from supporting her team.

Itsnoteasy
05-09-2019, 03:57 PM
Thanks all for your kind words.
When this is all over I'm going to get a card, print off all of the comments from this thread & let her feel the warmth from .netters.

Kojock
05-09-2019, 04:28 PM
Great to hear [emoji4] hoping that he gets the deserved sentence and your auntie can get closure.

If the culprit has no previous convictions for crimes of violence my guess is a 230 hour community service order and a compensation order to the victim of around £500.

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2019, 05:20 PM
If the culprit has no previous convictions for crimes of violence my guess is a 230 hour community service order and a compensation order to the victim of around £500.

Really, i thought right from the start this would be a custodial sentence?

Surely something as serious as this would not get such a light sentence, even if it was their first offence? :confused:

Hibby70
05-09-2019, 08:56 PM

The victim should be able to choose to have the 230 hours assigned to them if they want.

Itsnoteasy
05-09-2019, 11:08 PM

He has previous for 2 minor crimes. Don't know what offences they are.

The 90+2
05-09-2019, 11:53 PM
Why hasn’t it been reported in the media anywhere? Name and shame the ****.
Hibs should offer he free hospitality for the Derby.

CMurdoch
06-09-2019, 01:31 AM

Only caught 2 times as an adult.
Obviously if he is a young guy he could have had lots of juvenile convictions which you wouldn't know about.

Persevere80
06-09-2019, 06:07 AM
Thanks all for your kind words.
When this is all over I'm going to get a card, print off all of the comments from this thread & let her feel the warmth from .netters.Great idea, Hibs class...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Kojock
06-09-2019, 09:07 AM

If that’s the case I would be very surprised if he receives a custodial sentence. GG you will be able to sit in court and watch the proceedings as it will be an open court. You will be surprised how much his defence lawyer will paint a picture of a young man who is deeply ashamed of his actions and is full of remorse blah blah blah.

When is he due back in court.

Itsnoteasy
06-09-2019, 10:28 AM
If that’s the case I would be very surprised if he receives a custodial sentence. GG you will be able to sit in court and watch the proceedings as it will be an open court. You will be surprised how much his defence lawyer will paint a picture of a young man who is deeply ashamed of his actions and is full of remorse blah blah

I'm led to believe 2nd October

Itsnoteasy
06-09-2019, 10:29 AM
If that’s the case I would be very surprised if he receives a custodial sentence. GG you will be able to sit in court and watch the proceedings as it will be an open court. You will be surprised how much his defence lawyer will paint a picture of a young man who is deeply ashamed of his actions and is full of remorse blah blah blah.

I'm I breaking any laws naming & shaming him on .net

HAPPY HIBERNIAN
06-09-2019, 11:16 AM
what joy are u getting naming him?

Onceinawhile
06-09-2019, 11:22 AM

What joy are you getting in asking people not to name him?

What joy am I getting in asking you what joy you get in people naming him?

green with envy
06-09-2019, 11:23 AM

He asked a question related to a poster's querie, it doesn't seem to me that he is getting any joy from it. Bizarre post BTW.

Scouse Hibee
06-09-2019, 11:24 AM

Maybe letting folk that know of him what a **** bag he is?

HAPPY HIBERNIAN
06-09-2019, 11:26 AM
until hes convicted I wouldn't say anything just incase. justice system is full of corruption

Kojock
06-09-2019, 12:21 PM

Not breaking any laws or jeopardizing any court proceedings as he has pled guilty. His name is available to any member of the public via the court roll. Sheriff court rolls are available for 5 days in the future so you will be able to find out his appearance date for certain at the end of this month.

Bristolhibby
06-09-2019, 01:06 PM
I've only dealt with them once and it was 25 years ago after I got glassed.

It was fairly straightforward back then but I guess things have changed a bit since then.

At the time I was awarded £1500 which I received 6 months or so later, 3 months or so after the trial.

Snap, I got £2k for a scar above my eye after getting jumped when I was very drunk walking home after a night out.

Feel a bit of a fraud as I got a bigger scar on my head when I fell down some stone steps when I was 3.

Sounds like they have massively clamped down on payments.

J

Scouse Hibee
06-09-2019, 01:07 PM
until hes convicted I wouldn't say anything just incase. justice system is full of corruption

He plead guilty!

Bristolhibby
06-09-2019, 01:10 PM
He plead guilty!

I’m no lawyer, but if he has plead guilty in an open court his name is now out there in public record.

Name away.

But, like I said I’m no lawyer.

J

CMurdoch
06-09-2019, 01:27 PM

No but you might be better to keep your powder dry until October 2nd.
Then the crap will fall his way from all directions including the judge, here and JKB.
The papers will be all over it and everyone will know who he is and what he did.

P.S. Surprised some journalist hasn't reported the guilty plea yet after seeing it on here.

JimBHibees
06-09-2019, 01:59 PM

I think I would wait until it was announced by others however entirely your call of course.

Itsnoteasy
06-09-2019, 03:49 PM
Then the crap will fall his way from all directions including the judge, here and JKB.
The papers will be all over it and everyone will know who he is and what he did.

P.S. Surprised some journalist hasn't reported the guilty plea yet after seeing it on here.

I will keep quiet then. I am in the process of contacting all the local rags with sentencing court date & let them do their stuff.

Since90+2
06-09-2019, 03:50 PM
I will keep quiet then. I am in the process of contacting all the local rags with sentencing court date & let them do their stuff.

Local STV news might also be interested.

Itsnoteasy
06-09-2019, 03:55 PM

I'm getting no joy whatsoever in naming a young man who is in 20's who lives in Ratho, who lives with his parents, one of which I'm led to believe works in the local primary school.
What joy I will get is if his employer gies him his jotters if he finds oot. https://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhDwAPALMNAAAAAACtKQC1KQC9KQDGKQD WMQDnMQznPTbsYlLve2/zjJT3rZz/tcD/wMb/1sD/wCH/C05FVFNDQVBFMi4wAwEAAAAh QQFDwANACwAAAAADwAPAAAEYbBJCWqduFXEz7kYkIwjchgFMIl JpYxVQahaolTLG88aYjMOxsskE2xsC0YuQSQYAb6W4sUEFCuHq KWCcmKznM6hGFABDJ50d2CkFN5wGbu8ItjvAgE9BMjnyzQZGls ZEQAAIfkEBQ8ADQAsBAADAAcACAAABBxQyZTQAWCphDHb2MJo1 SFtJUVZBoC8x3V1ABEBACH5BAUPAA0ALAQABAAHAAgAAAQecLG lEjrMsXoBoInnVSGQnNZhIOx1FMAhGzAsAkMEACH5BAUPAA0AL AQABAAHAAgAAAQeEIClkpSsysVoQociJt9BkqABIOxxAO8FEEV dE0MEADs=https://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhDwAPANQAAAAAAOLeAPn0AL /v8DAwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAACH/C05FVFNDQVBFMi4wAwEAAAAh QQBMgAfACwAAAAADwAPAAAFROAnikBZjuhXDoPgnijAuvQ7ynU uAGRb0r dqrUDAI0vnCAQoDGPumgw6gwic8YAL2vqMnkqF3P81N6i39T0C 06puqkQACH5BAEyAB8ALAMABAAHAAkAAAUW4CcIX/kBJVoGq m cCyOYwrcaqDrIQAh/ntUaGlzIGFuaW1hdGVkIEdJRiBmaWxlIHdhcyBjb25zdHJ1Y3R lZCB1c2luZyBVbGVhZCBHSUYgQW5pbWF0b3IsIHZpc2l0IHVzI GF0IGh0dHA6Ly93d3cudWxlYWQuY29tIHRvIGZpbmQgb3V0IG1 vcmUuAVVTU1BDTVQAOw==https://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/jamboid%20about!.gif:chop::******:https://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/xjambo,P20clown1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.aIkHQNp2K6.webp: nanawave:

StevesFamau5
07-09-2019, 01:27 AM
I'm getting no joy whatsoever in naming a young man who is in 20's who lives in Ratho, who lives with his parents, one of which I'm led to believe works in the local primary school.
What joy I will get is if his employer gies him his jotters if he finds oot. https://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhDwAPALMNAAAAAACtKQC1KQC9KQDGKQD WMQDnMQznPTbsYlLve2/zjJT3rZz/tcD/wMb/1sD/wCH/C05FVFNDQVBFMi4wAwEAAAAh QQFDwANACwAAAAADwAPAAAEYbBJCWqduFXEz7kYkIwjchgFMIl JpYxVQahaolTLG88aYjMOxsskE2xsC0YuQSQYAb6W4sUEFCuHq KWCcmKznM6hGFABDJ50d2CkFN5wGbu8ItjvAgE9BMjnyzQZGls ZEQAAIfkEBQ8ADQAsBAADAAcACAAABBxQyZTQAWCphDHb2MJo1 SFtJUVZBoC8x3V1ABEBACH5BAUPAA0ALAQABAAHAAgAAAQecLG lEjrMsXoBoInnVSGQnNZhIOx1FMAhGzAsAkMEACH5BAUPAA0AL AQABAAHAAgAAAQeEIClkpSsysVoQociJt9BkqABIOxxAO8FEEV dE0MEADs=https://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhDwAPANQAAAAAAOLeAPn0AL /v8DAwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAACH/C05FVFNDQVBFMi4wAwEAAAAh QQBMgAfACwAAAAADwAPAAAFROAnikBZjuhXDoPgnijAuvQ7ynU uAGRb0r dqrUDAI0vnCAQoDGPumgw6gwic8YAL2vqMnkqF3P81N6i39T0C 06puqkQACH5BAEyAB8ALAMABAAHAAkAAAUW4CcIX/kBJVoGq m cCyOYwrcaqDrIQAh/ntUaGlzIGFuaW1hdGVkIEdJRiBmaWxlIHdhcyBjb25zdHJ1Y3R lZCB1c2luZyBVbGVhZCBHSUYgQW5pbWF0b3IsIHZpc2l0IHVzI GF0IGh0dHA6Ly93d3cudWxlYWQuY29tIHRvIGZpbmQgb3V0IG1 vcmUuAVVTU1BDTVQAOw==https://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/jamboid%20about!.gif:chop::******:https://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/xjambo,P20clown1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.aIkHQNp2K6.webp: nanawave:As someone who lives in Ratho and has had some pretty **** experiences here with "Jambos" there is 3 on my street and all 3 live with their parents. Also a 3 had union jacks hanging out of windows in May....

If it is who I think it is... I would love to see the book thrown at him. Utter roaster of a boy.

Last derby I came out next day for work to find my unmarked car covered in spit and 2 dents from footballs.

The Yams here are mini huns and utterly pathetic.

Justice for Gorgiegreens aunt [emoji16]

Kojock
07-09-2019, 09:54 AM
As someone who lives in Ratho and has had some pretty **** experiences here with "Jambos" there is 3 on my street and all 3 live with their parents. Also a 3 had union jacks hanging out of windows in May....

If it is who I think it is... I would love to see the book thrown at him. Utter roaster of a boy.

Last derby I came out next day for work to find my unmarked car covered in spit and 2 dents from footballs.

Unfortunately him being a Jambo roaster will not be taken into consideration when deciding sentence.

Itsnoteasy
07-09-2019, 06:27 PM

I have just had a message from a reporter that the only day he has had off for a while was the day of his guilty plea.He is keen to spread the word of this thug on his day of sentencing & what makes it better he's a Hibby.

Itsnoteasy
09-09-2019, 10:22 PM
As someone who lives in Ratho and has had some pretty **** experiences here with "Jambos" there is 3 on my street and all 3 live with their parents. Also a 3 had union jacks hanging out of windows in May....

Is it 26 year old Stephen Mitchell. Not doing anything wrong, anyone can see the story, it's all over daily record & the sun online.
The worrying thing is how did they get my auntie & cousins name.
Also story not factually correct.

Kojock
10-09-2019, 08:00 AM
Is it 26 year old Stephen Mitchell. Not doing anything wrong, anyone can see the story, it's all over daily record & the sun online.
The worrying thing is how did they get my auntie & cousins name.
Also story not factually correct.

Your cousin sent a tweet about being in the hospital with your aunt and your aunts name would be in the charge libelled against the accused.

Looks like it’s been reduced from Sheriff Solemn to Sheriff Summary and the charge has also been diluted.

Since90+2
10-09-2019, 09:04 AM
Your cousin sent a tweet about being in the hospital with your aunt and your aunts name would be in the charge libelled against the accused.

Looks like it’s been reduced from Sheriff Solemn to Sheriff Summary and the charge has also been diluted.

What does that mean in simple terms?

Itsnoteasy
10-09-2019, 09:31 AM

I think he means its easy to find out the people who were involved i.e The Accussed & The Victim

Kojock
10-09-2019, 11:47 AM

First part means names are easily and readily available.

Second part means that the procedure has been downgraded to a lesser court and the wording of the charge has been amended to benefit the accused.

Itsnoteasy
02-10-2019, 09:21 AM
Case was adjourned today as he was late for a social work meeting. So without that the sheriff couldn't continue. What a waste of time & money.
New date set for 31st October.

MB62
02-10-2019, 12:57 PM
Case was adjourned today as he was late for a social work meeting. So without that the sheriff couldn't continue. What a waste of time & money.

So they think a social work meeting is more important than a meeting at the Sheriff court? :no way:

ben johnson
02-10-2019, 01:09 PM

I was on jury duty for a serious drugs offence A woman who had already
been found guilty and was serving time was brought to court to view CCTV images She came through from Stirling and was a key witness. When she was asked to view the images she could not do it as she had left
her glasses in her cell.
Court adjourned see you tomorrow
Seemed to be a completely disjointed process that just cost time and money

Kojock
02-10-2019, 01:28 PM
So they think a social work meeting is more important than a meeting at the Sheriff court? :no way:

A social work report has to be completed before the accused is sentenced. For some reason the accused or social worker was late so the report wasn't done. Sheriff had no option but to adjourn it.

JimBHibees
02-10-2019, 02:13 PM
A social work report has to be completed before the accused is sentenced. For some reason the accused or social worker was late so the report wasn't done. Sheriff had no option but to adjourn it.

Would that not have been known prior to the court date so people could have been told not to attend before the date?

Keith_M
02-10-2019, 03:12 PM
Would that not have been known prior to the court date so people could have been told not to attend before the date?

Far too logical.

Kojock
02-10-2019, 05:13 PM

Only the accused and his lawyer would be in attendance today. I don’t really understand how being late for the meeting with the social worker would delay proceedings as the report should’ve been compiled well before today.

Just_Jimmy
02-10-2019, 05:20 PM
The court process is a complete farce.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
02-10-2019, 05:22 PM
Only the accused and his lawyer would be in attendance today. I don’t really understand how being late for the meeting with the social worker would delay proceedings as the report should’ve been compiled well before today.

Possibly so late that no report was prepared?

Kojock
02-10-2019, 06:07 PM
Possibly so late that no report was prepared?

They would’ve had two or three weeks to prepare the report.

Joe6-2
02-10-2019, 07:18 PM
The court process is a complete farce.

It’s an absolute joke, and not a funny one. The money it costs must be horrendous

CMurdoch
03-10-2019, 02:41 PM

You and i would have our lives destroyed by the courts but the ****my folk and their lawyers arse around and around with little consequence.
If you have nothing, you have nothing to lose which means you can play fast and loose with the criminal courts.

SideBurns
03-10-2019, 02:56 PM
You and i would have our lives destroyed by the courts but the ****my folk and their lawyers arse around and around with little consequence.
If you have nothing, you have nothing to lose which means you can play fast and loose with the criminal courts.

It'll be nowt to do with the lawyer, tbf. The guy has pled guilty, the court has ordered a SW report to be done before sentencing (very common these days), but for whatever reason it hasn't been completed in time for the sentencing diet. It just delays the inevitable anyway.

CMurdoch
03-10-2019, 07:45 PM
It'll be nowt to do with the lawyer, tbf. The guy has pled guilty, the court has ordered a SW report to be done before sentencing (very common these days), but for whatever reason it hasn't been completed in time for the sentencing diet. It just delays the inevitable anyway.

Bawbag probably failed to trap for an appointment with the social worker.

Far too many professional people employed at great expense from the public purse, waste far too much of their time dealing with useless, never do good fu**wits
who spend their whole lives trying to circumvent and delay every inevitable.

MB62
04-10-2019, 08:21 AM

There's a hint of something crooked about all of this :wink: :greengrin

Itsnoteasy
31-10-2019, 09:27 AM
Justice system is £u3k3d.

£2500 compensation order.

Nothing else.

Absolutely shocking.

Only good thing about it is that it brings matters to a close for my auntie.

Golden Bear
31-10-2019, 09:41 AM

Nothing else.

Absolutely shocking.

:agree:

Even murderers can get bail these days.

scoopyboy
31-10-2019, 09:48 AM

Nothing else.

Absolutely shocking.

I hope your auntie is in a much better place now than she was, also hope she spends the compensation amount treating herself.

The guy is **** but your auntie is the most important person in all this.

StevesFamau5
31-10-2019, 10:02 AM

Nothing else.

Absolutely shocking.

Only good thing about it is that it brings matters to a close for my auntie.That's bulls**t... Another odious little cretin walking the streets [emoji2959][emoji34]

I wish your auntie nothing but the best GG.

CMurdoch
31-10-2019, 10:51 AM

Nothing else.

Absolutely shocking.

Wow! No previous?
Such a reckless act with complete disregard for the likely consequences!
On the bright side his name will appear in the press and everyone will know who he is.
A, please pass on best wishes to your Auntie from folk on here.
Hope she can now move forward now with her recovery.

Jdawg
31-10-2019, 11:06 AM

If it’s the first time a custodial sentence could be imposed or the accused is under 21 (amongst other criteria)then a criminal justice social work report is mandatory. Sentencing is regularly deferred for the report.

Jdawg
31-10-2019, 11:08 AM

Nothing else.

Absolutely shocking.

that outcome is absolutely ridiculous. Far too lenient!!

As you say it brings matters for your auntie, which may offer some comfort.

southsider
31-10-2019, 11:18 AM
By instalments? So what happens to the little coward when he misses misses his next payment ?

The dalmeny
31-10-2019, 11:39 AM
that outcome is absolutely ridiculous. Far too lenient!!

As you say it brings matters for your auntie, which may offer some comfort.

Should get copious portions of shoe pie

Just_Jimmy
31-10-2019, 01:43 PM
By instalments? So what happens to the little coward when he misses misses his next payment ?£1 a month for 50 years [emoji849]. That's how it works in England.

Itsnoteasy
31-10-2019, 02:51 PM
Wow! No previous?
Such a reckless act with complete disregard for the likely consequences!
On the bright side his name will appear in the press and everyone will know who he is.
A, please pass on best wishes to your Auntie from folk on here.
Hope she can now move forward now with her recovery.

Judge said he was remorseful, good character reference from his employer, about to become a father, blah blah blah.

CMurdoch
31-10-2019, 03:09 PM
Judge said he was remorseful, good character reference from his employer, about to become a father, blah blah blah.

another mistake!

That's the court story just hit the Evening News online

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/hearts-thug-who-left-pensioner-covered-blood-after-throwing-beer-bottle-crowd-avoids-jail-824295

It is awful light on detail of the injuries and the affect of the incident on your Aunt

Kojock
31-10-2019, 03:26 PM

Wasn’t far wrong. The £2500 compensation reflects the fact that a community service order wasn’t imposed.

Kojock
31-10-2019, 03:29 PM

Here’s what I said in an earlier post. It the same crap they all come out with.

You will be surprised how much his defence lawyer will paint a picture of a young man who is deeply ashamed of his actions and is full of remorse blah blah blah.

Kojock
31-10-2019, 03:36 PM
By instalments? So what happens to the little coward when he misses misses his next payment ?

It’s treated the same as non payment of a fine. He would appear at a means enquire court and asked why he failed to pay. His lawyer will come out with that his partner has just had a baby and all his disposable income is being spent on the baby. The court will then decrease the instalments and give him further time to pay.

JimBHibees
31-10-2019, 03:38 PM

Really surprised there wasn't as a minimum some sort of community type order. Could easily have killed someone doing what he did.

Itsnoteasy
31-10-2019, 03:45 PM
It’s treated the same as non payment of a fine. He would appear at a means enquire court and asked why he failed to pay. His lawyer will come out with that his partner has just had a baby and all his disposable income is being spent on the baby. The court will then decrease the instalments and give him further time to pay.

Don't quote me on this, but I'm led to believe he saved up or was given £3000 to contribute to any compensation the victim was to receive.

So it sounds like a one of payment asap.

Kojock
31-10-2019, 03:56 PM
Don't quote me on this, but I'm led to believe he saved up or was given £3000 to contribute to any compensation the victim was to receive.

So it sounds like a one of payment asap.

Hopefully that is the case. As you say at least your aunt now has closure. Wish her all the best for the future from me.

Nakedmanoncrack
01-11-2019, 03:07 PM
Can't see what a custodial sentence would have achieved, seems in line with what would be expected - unusually for an offence committed around a football match.

ben johnson
01-11-2019, 04:05 PM
Can't see what a custodial sentence would have achieved, seems in line with what would be expected - unusually for an offence committed around a football match.

If the bottle had hit a police officer he would be inside
Got off lightly imo
What deterrent is that? Throwing money at the problem