PDA

View Full Version : Tynecastle Not Fit For Purpose

Hibs4185
31-10-2018, 10:18 PM
Before this evening I’ve watched numerous hibs players and other teams players be victim of pure hatred and near assault from hearts fans when trying to get the ball to take a throw in.

Tonight our fans had an altrecation with their keeper and Lennon is hit by a coin.

Tynecastle is too small and the biggest pitch they can achieve is shoehorned into that footprint. This means that the fans are ‘on top’ of the players and creates that famous ‘cauldron’

The fact is, that cauldron goes beyond football banter. After hearts fans behaviour at murrayfield and their secretarian history it is not surprising there is often incidents there. That’s twice now Lennon has been assaulted there.

Whilst the SFA would never shut down Tyneacastle and I am not suggesting this but as other stadiums often have, they should be made to close the first two rows of every stand and cover with fabric so fans cannot rush forward.

Fans aren’t so close together and players don’t risk being involved with fans. It’s the only sensible option.

Dancehibs
31-10-2018, 10:19 PM
Stop selling first couple of rows

green day
31-10-2018, 10:22 PM

Yep, that's really the only way this gets resolved.

Regardless that one of the fuds was a hibby, Hearts will have to answer for their shoddy security.

Hibs4185
31-10-2018, 10:22 PM

Exactly what I’m saying. Hearts will not go for it though. Sell out tonight at 19,400. Minus a few hundred for player and fan safety would take it down to 19,000.

Biggie
31-10-2018, 10:27 PM
The poison and hatred seeped down to the ball boys, the wee laddie that threw the ball back at lewy should be ashamed of himself.
Surely they're not told to treat the opposition with contempt, try professionalism and reflecting your club properly.
Pathetic outfit.

BoyledEgg
31-10-2018, 11:46 PM
Impossible to do. Hearts have season ticket holders in those rows.

Austinho
01-11-2018, 01:17 AM
Impossible to do. Hearts have season ticket holders in those rows.Doesn't matter. The players, managers and officials safety has to comes first.

The first two rows all around the stadium should be cordoned off for big games there. Or the first rows of the away end, and the two bottom sections nearest the Roseburn in the Hearts end closed off.

Hermit Crab
01-11-2018, 01:26 AM

Nah, if the stewards and police did their jobs then there wouldn't be scenes like tonight. Pre match searches my erchie

K.Marx
01-11-2018, 06:08 AM
Doesn't matter. The players, managers and officials safety has to comes first.

The first two rows all around the stadium should be cordoned off for big games there. Or the first rows of the away end, and the two bottom sections nearest the Roseburn in the Hearts end closed off.

This has happened in the not so distant past. In the game under butcher with forsters ruled out header the first 3 or 4 rows from the 2 corner sections of the way end had been removed.

Biggie
01-11-2018, 06:14 AM
Bit Shan, but maybe the solution is we don't get tickets for Tynie, and they don't get tickets for ER.....which would be awful, as on a good day it's the best away atmosphere for us, IMHO

SlickShoes
01-11-2018, 06:15 AM
Put a big net or fence up like they have in Brazil

Biggie
01-11-2018, 06:20 AM
That's a great idea...better than punishing everyone by banning away fans.

GreenCastle
01-11-2018, 06:23 AM

This just hides the problem. No thanks.

The home club needs to sort itself out and that would probably mean closing front rows and sections of the ground.

Dashing Bob S
01-11-2018, 06:41 AM
Need to rip out a few rows and bring it to safety standards with a 17,500 capacity like it had before redevelopment.

where'stheslope
01-11-2018, 06:47 AM
That will never happen again!
Remember Hillsborough!!!

green day
01-11-2018, 07:38 AM
Nah, if the stewards and police did their jobs then there wouldn't be scenes like tonight. Pre match searches my erchie

Hiding flares isnt that difficult, and people were throwing coins - all searches do is slow the flow and lead to aggro back in the queue.

Stewards are only really there to point people toward seats and reduce the policing bill, not sure I would want to be wading in to radges for £7.50 an hour.

For the police, its just a chance to stand in the corner and watch their team (hearts) for free :greengrin

Lets be serious though, its not the police or stewards fault that wallopers on both sides behaved inappropriately.

calumhibee1
01-11-2018, 07:53 AM
Hiding flares isnt that difficult, and people were throwing coins - all searches do is slow the flow and lead to aggro back in the queue.

Stewards are only really there to point people toward seats and reduce the policing bill, not sure I would want to be wading in to radges for £7.50 an hour.

For the police, its just a chance to stand in the corner and watch their team (hearts) for free :greengrin

Lets be serious though, its not the police or stewards fault that wallopers on both sides behaved inappropriately.

But it is the polices fault that a guy who had been pointed out to them an hour previously for throwing things into the Hibs end threw something else later on hitting someone. If they’d just dealt with it the first time round it couldn’t have happened again, not from the same person anyway.

greenginger
01-11-2018, 08:03 AM
Why was their goalie going to fetch the ball ?

Were there no ballboys at that end ?

The_Sauz
01-11-2018, 10:14 AM

Nope, as there is no room. I'm sure the back of the net hits the barrier at the front of the stand.

Greenworld
01-11-2018, 10:20 AM
Impossible to do. Hearts have season ticket holders in those rows.So very easy to identify all the culprits

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Not In The Know
01-11-2018, 10:22 AM
I posted this on another thread but its more relevant here

Its not fit though.

There are more incidents here than any other ground.

They should be made to remove the first two rows from the oldest 3 stands.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2018, 10:22 AM

No - the ballboys aren’t traditional ballboys. They hold towels to dry the ball before a throw in. Therefore not required behind the goal.

Greenworld
01-11-2018, 10:23 AM
A clear plastic or glass screen at around 5ft high all the way round should do the trick .
Grounds had this not so long ago

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2018, 10:24 AM
A clear plastic or glass screen at around 5ft high all the way round should do the trick .
Grounds had this not so long ago

Said similar earlier. Gives it an indoor five a side feel.

where'stheslope
01-11-2018, 10:57 AM
Said similar earlier. Gives it an indoor five a side feel.
I said earlier it will never happen after Hillsborough.
And if your honest it would not stop anything being thrown!
As for behaviour, it is up to the powers that be to issue retrospective punishment for bother if they see fit.
But, be warey of what might happen as there was 2 teams present last night, as in our Final win and both were targetted!!!
Its really got nothing to do with the Stadium, its all down to fans and teams behaviour, that's what causes the bother in the first place.
If we get on our high horse, they can say about the flare thrown into the Yams at Easter Road last season.
All these problems can only be solved by getting rid of the idiots who are for ever bringing their clubs down!!!

Newry Hibs
01-11-2018, 11:56 AM
Before this evening I’ve watched numerous hibs players and other teams players be victim of pure hatred and near assault from hearts fans when trying to get the ball to take a throw in.

There's plenty of that at the east in Easter road with fans hilariously chucking the ball away.

Keith_M
01-11-2018, 11:59 AM
I think the SPFL need some new stadium criteria, such as a minimum gap of 5 metres between the stands and the pitch.

Gloucester Hibs
01-11-2018, 12:02 PM

Anyone recall Andy Dow getting a full punch in the face from the old main stand side, not long after the Roseburn end became the away end? Sure absolutely nothing was said or done about it!

Lago
01-11-2018, 12:07 PM
And people are campaigning to get booze back into Scottish football grounds.:rolleyes:

Hibs4185
01-11-2018, 12:08 PM
There's plenty of that at the east in Easter road with fans hilariously chucking the ball away.

Chucking the ball away is hardly the hot topic of the day and the reason for this discussion. It’s the venom and abuse that is suffered by the players and the proximity of both sets of fans to each other.

Yes at Easter road things are shouted at players when they are on the touch line, and a ball may be chucked around and occasionally launched at a player but it is nowhere near the scale of Tynecastle.

Real Emerald
01-11-2018, 12:28 PM
I think the SPFL need some new stadium criteria, such as a minimum gap of 5 metres between the stands and the pitch.

Totally agree with this and how Hearts get away with the fans constantly hanging over the walls right into the players faces is beyond me. They’re always firing the ball straight at the opposition too and now even the ball boys are at it. They just get away with it. There has to be a minimum distance from the crowd to the playing surface which takes into account throw ins corners etc. It is simply not safe there as it is.

I'm Spartacus
01-11-2018, 01:33 PM
No matter your allegiance, and take away the incidents involving a tiny number of clowns, the atmosphere last night was unreal!!

Scott Allan Key
01-11-2018, 04:10 PM
No matter your allegiance, and take away the incidents involving a tiny number of clowns, the atmosphere last night was unreal!!

It was Hallowe’en, plenty of ghouls in the stands.

silverhibee
01-11-2018, 04:20 PM
The poison and hatred seeped down to the ball boys, the wee laddie that threw the ball back at lewy should be ashamed of himself.
Surely they're not told to treat the opposition with contempt, try professionalism and reflecting your club properly.
Pathetic outfit.

Did Lewis kick the ball back at him.

heretoday
01-11-2018, 04:26 PM
It's a bad ground to go to. The stands are right on the pitch. That's the whole point.

At our place things are more laid back.

Whether that does us any favours is debatable.

HibeeHibernian4
01-11-2018, 04:32 PM
It's a bad ground to go to. The stands are right on the pitch. That's the whole point.

At our place things are more laid back.

Whether that does us any favours is debatable.

Well the recent derby results would suggest it's very much not up for debate.

Hibs have won 5 out of the last 5 derbies at Easter Road, the one before that being when Öztürk rescued a late point for them.

Craig Levein is a one trick pony and the minute he plays a decent side away from his favoured small pitch he's left floundering.

overdrive
01-11-2018, 04:34 PM
Did Lewis kick the ball back at him.

I wondered what happened with that incident. It wasn't clear on TV and it seemed like Stevenson was forced to shake hands with the ball boy.

CropleyWasGod
01-11-2018, 04:37 PM
I wondered what happened with that incident. It wasn't clear on TV and it seemed like Stevenson was forced to shake hands with the ball boy.

As I saw it, Lewie was told by the linesman to stay away from the crowd. Smart move, I thought.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2018, 04:40 PM

Wasn’t clear - I thought LS couldn’t control the throw and it went back and hit the lad. He then shook his hand twice while the fans directly behind went mental.

Deansy
01-11-2018, 04:55 PM
Pathetic outfit.

Of course they're told to do exactly that, that's why even their foreign-players buy into their 'Hate Hibs' mentality - it's drummed into them from day one !. One of them (can't remember who ?) in an interview admitted that on his arrival, the first thing he was told was 'We don't lose to Hibs' !. Thankfully their obsession with us means that, whilst they'll never admit it, they'll always know deep-down that they're inferior to us !