PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts

davym7062
31-10-2018, 10:05 PM
Feel free to disagree! After the first 10 mins we were the better team and should have been a goal up! 2nd half we weren’t at the races even before the sending off. Although they created very little I thought were were poor! Take a point tho

Eyrie
31-10-2018, 10:06 PM
Feel free to disagree! After the first 10 mins we were the better team and should have been a goal up! 2nd half we weren’t at the races even before the sending off. Although they created very little I thought were were poor! Take a point tho

A fair summation.

We got dragged down to their level because the pitch is too small to play football, so we had to take them on physically.

GRA
31-10-2018, 10:24 PM
Poor in first 10 minutes. Dominated the rest of the 1st half after that. Mallan unlucky not to put at least one away. Never got going in the 2nd half and was backs to the wall after the red card. Disappointing but given the circumstances a point is not the worst result.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
31-10-2018, 10:24 PM
I feel we never got into any real flow or rhythm. Poor performance, with some good defending, but bitterly disappointed tonight

Criswell
31-10-2018, 10:32 PM
Hearts bossed us for long periods in the game. However their lack of quality in the final third caused us few problems. No way are they championship contenders.

Chorley Hibee
31-10-2018, 10:32 PM
I feel we never got into any real flow or rhythm. Poor performance, with some good defending, but bitterly disappointed tonight

Exactly how I feel, and tonight was a missed opportunity in my eyes.

We have the personnel that could have really hurt them tonight, but once again we set up to contain them as opposed to taking the game to Hearts.

Also, just when is McLaren going to be fit? It's now November and all this waiting around to finally field our strongest team is starting to wear thin.

For all their effort, the Kamberi/Boyle partnership doesn't work and, not for the first time this season, both of them looked lost and completely isolated.

Usually I'd be happy with a point there, but I'm strangely subdued after that.

CapitalGreen
31-10-2018, 10:35 PM
Hearts never looked worried which is disappointing considering how depleted they were. All in all an awful game of football.

hibbytam
31-10-2018, 10:40 PM
Exactly how I feel, and tonight was a missed opportunity in my eyes.

We have the personnel that could have really hurt them tonight, but once again we set up to contain them as opposed to taking the game to Hearts.

Also, just when is McLaren going to be fit? It's now November and all this waiting around to finally field our strongest team is starting to wear thin.

For all their effort, the Kamberi/Boyle partnership doesn't work and, not for the first time this season, both of them looked lost and completely isolated.

Usually I'd be happy with a point there, but I'm strangely subdued after that.

For Kamberi/Boyle, There was too much of a gap between them and the midfield. I think the idea was to keep them up, and so hopefully create room behind. However there wasn't anyone behind creating, so they ended up a bit isolated.

Take into account the red card, and it's a good result. If it was 11v11, and the same result then it wouldn't have been.

SideBurns
31-10-2018, 10:41 PM
The last decent derby at Tynie was the 2-2 game - they've all been rubbish since. We seem to get dragged down to their level these days, whereas in the 2016 SC tie we just persevered with our football and eventually the goals arrived. I know it's a crappy wee pitch, but it didn't stop Latapy, Sauzee & co ripping them apart in 1999 - and of course we scored 7 (going on 10) in '73...

edinburghhibee
01-11-2018, 09:58 AM
Watching hibs at tynie is about as frustrating as you could spend 90 minutes. For the life of me I can never understand why we don’t just play our normal game.

Everytime we go there, especially recently we resort to smashing the ball into the air and trying to play to their strengths instead of our own which is getting the ball down and playing.

I don’t agree with these folk saying that it’s the size of the park because Celtic hammer them regularly there. Are we afraid to get hurt? That’s the only thing I can think of. If we play our football pinging the ball about they won’t be able to cope with us and more likely than not they would be the ones risking players sent off.

I understand where folk are coming from saying it’s a good point in the circumstances but I just don’t see it. At least 5 of their best players out and we muster 2 shots in target. Disappointed with hibs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
01-11-2018, 10:06 AM
First half we were the better side after weathering the first 10 minutes. Second half Hearts had more territory and possesion but done next to nothing with it. Wouldn’t call it backs to the wall from us.

Let’s remember we’ve got one of our main strikers (he was on the bench but apparently isn’t fit and never came on), our captain and our vice captain out. Much has been made of who Hearts have been missing but we were missing a few really good players last night aswell.

B.H.F.C
01-11-2018, 10:25 AM

I agree with this.

We were the better team first half after we settled. But I didn’t think we came out at all in the second half at all. The players we had on the pitch probably dictated how we played to be honest. With 5 defenders and Bartley in the middle of the park we were never going to create as many chances as we usually do.

A point wasn’t a disaster but everything else that went on masked another poor game at Tynecastle IMO.

ads913
01-11-2018, 10:57 AM
We had a bad ref to start , We played a team to play or counter Hearts height and physicality instead of playing with our own strengths and having a go.
Hearts playing hoofball.
We were lucky as they should have got a pen in the 1st few minutes and Barclay should have been sent off.
The elbow and kick out at Boyle should have been red for Smith.
Kamberi second yellow was also a poor decision as the hearts players lack of professionalism by Dunn and Garuccio ganging up got kamberi sent off.
Overall disappointed they were there for the taking.

PatHead
01-11-2018, 11:09 AM
We had a bad ref to start , We played a team to play or counter Hearts height and physicality instead of playing with our own strengths and having a go.
Hearts playing hoofball.
We were lucky as they should have got a pen in the 1st few minutes and Barclay should have been sent off.
The elbow and kick out at Boyle should have been red for Smith.
Kamberi second yellow was also a poor decision as the hearts players lack of professionalism by Dunn and Garuccio ganging up got kamberi sent off.
Overall disappointed they were there for the taking.

It was never a penalty. Hearts player was tugging and pulling as well.

hfc-1875
01-11-2018, 11:14 AM
Always frustrated when we go to tynie, we never seem to play our own game and try and beat hearts at there own game which plays into there hands. Too many times we were just lumping the ball instead of trying to keep the ball down and strong a few passes together. Hopefully back at ER we will play our normal game and beat them at home.

The 90+2
01-11-2018, 11:16 AM
Same old Hibs turned up last night. Sick of it.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2018, 11:17 AM
First half we were the better side after weathering the first 10 minutes. Second half Hearts had more territory and possesion but done next to nothing with it. Wouldn’t call it backs to the wall from us.

Let’s remember we’ve got one of our main strikers (he was on the bench but apparently isn’t fit and never came on), our captain and our vice captain out. Much has been made of who Hearts have been missing but we were missing a few really good players last night aswell.

Why do you keep mentioning this, he's been out injured with a bad back, and he's just back in the squad?

Maybe he needs a loan period. :rolleyes:

greenlex
01-11-2018, 11:18 AM
Missed Milligan in the middle of the park.

matty_f
01-11-2018, 11:21 AM
It was never a penalty. Hearts player was tugging and pulling as well.

:agree: first foul was on Milligan, and the Hearts player pulling Milligan down contributed to Daz going over the top of him. Never a penalty.

MWHIBBIES
01-11-2018, 11:22 AM
Same old Hibs turned up last night. Sick of it.

Shut up. Same old Hibs would have fallen to bits with 10 men. This Hibs stood up and got a draw. A point is a fine reault at any of the other top 6 teams grounds.

If your sick of it don't bother coming back.

The 90+2
01-11-2018, 11:29 AM
Shut up. Same old Hibs would have fallen to bits with 10 men. This Hibs stood up and got a draw. A point is a fine reault at any of the other top 6 teams grounds.

Who do you think you are telling me what to do? 😁😁

We bottled our best chance of pumping them at the pbs in years and didn’t play our own game. I can be sick of it the day after but will still be back to support my club. Sorry if that bothers you, precious.

You might be happy with a point against a severely depleted hearts side 8 points ahead of us but some of us aren’t.

Hiber-nation
01-11-2018, 11:32 AM

This same old Hibs you speak of disappeared after Butcher was punted. 4 and a half years ago. It's history.

The 90+2
01-11-2018, 11:34 AM
This same old Hibs you speak of disappeared after Butcher was punted. 4 and a half years ago. It's history.

How many times have we won in Gorgie in they 4 and a half years because where I’m counting from it’s the square root of 0. Did we win last night? Did we go there and play our own game?

The Harp Awakes
01-11-2018, 11:38 AM
Watching hibs at tynie is about as frustrating as you could spend 90 minutes. For the life of me I can never understand why we don’t just play our normal game.

Everytime we go there, especially recently we resort to smashing the ball into the air and trying to play to their strengths instead of our own which is getting the ball down and playing.

I don’t agree with these folk saying that it’s the size of the park because Celtic hammer them regularly there. Are we afraid to get hurt? That’s the only thing I can think of. If we play our football pinging the ball about they won’t be able to cope with us and more likely than not they would be the ones risking players sent off.

I understand where folk are coming from saying it’s a good point in the circumstances but I just don’t see it. At least 5 of their best players out and we muster 2 shots in target. Disappointed with hibs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on mate. Totally agree with you. We can match them physically at Tiny now, but in doing that we stop doing what we're good at - destroying teams with passing and pace. Very frustrating.

MWHIBBIES
01-11-2018, 11:43 AM

We bottled our best chance of pumping them at the pbs in years and didn’t play our own game. I can be sick of it the day after but will still be back to support my club. Sorry if that bothers you, precious.

You might be happy with a point against a severely depleted hearts side 8 points ahead of us but some of us aren’t.
It was our best chance to beat them since the last derby. Well get another chance in a few months. No one bottled anything, what a stupid thing to say. How is 0-0 with 10 men bottling it?

Doesn't really matter if you're not happy, your complaining won't change anything 😂😂

Onceinawhile
01-11-2018, 11:53 AM

They had 5 players out. We were missing Gray, Hanlon and Agyepong with an unfit Jamie Mac on the bench.

So a "severely depleted" hibs actually did quite well.

The Harp Awakes
Only watched it once on BT Sport but during the melee at the Kamberi sending off, and just after Jimmy Dunne' s finger pointing in his face, did Kamberi take a kick on the back of the leg from a Hearts player? Looked like that wee Guarrdo, or whatever his name is? It was just after that Flo totally lost it.

I could be wrong. Will playback later.

Hiber-nation
How many times have we won in Gorgie in they 4 and a half years because where I’m counting from it’s the square root of 0. Did we win last night? Did we go there and play our own game?

What are you on about? I was sort of agreeing with you. Are you trying to set another record for the amount of posts in a week?!??

JimBHibees
01-11-2018, 12:20 PM
Spot on mate. Totally agree with you. We can match them physically at Tiny now, but in doing that we stop doing what we're good at - destroying teams with passing and pace. Very frustrating.

The style of football Hearts play, quick tempo high pressing very direct and physical with tall strong players on a tight pitch make it very difficult to play a more passing game.

Absolutely depressing the style and standard of the game as it was an absolute throwback to the 1980s or so and no wonder our international teams dont qualify if that is the style chosen.

heretoday
01-11-2018, 12:28 PM
The Hearts can't beat us.

When they come to ER they will get a chasing.

hibs#1
01-11-2018, 12:45 PM
Only watched it once on BT Sport but during the melee at the Kamberi sending off, and just after Jimmy Dunne' s finger pointing in his face, did Kamberi take a kick on the back of the leg from a Hearts player? Looked like that wee Guarrdo, or whatever his name is? It was just after that Flo totally lost it.

I could be wrong. Will playback later.

I thought he lost his temper,it looked like the referee shoved him. Personally it wasn't a foul in 1st place if the ref doesn't give it nothing else happens.

The 90+2
01-11-2018, 12:54 PM
It was our best chance to beat them since the last derby. Well get another chance in a few months. No one bottled anything, what a stupid thing to say. How is 0-0 with 10 men bottling it?

Doesn't really matter if you're not happy, your complaining won't change anything 😂😂

We didn’t set out or go to play our normal game against a depleted rival 8 points ahead of us. That is lack of bottle.

Second part true, but isn’t opinions what football forums are about?

Bristolhibby
01-11-2018, 01:45 PM
Poor in first 10 minutes. Dominated the rest of the 1st half after that. Mallan unlucky not to put at least one away. Never got going in the 2nd half and was backs to the wall after the red card. Disappointing but given the circumstances a point is not the worst result.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

This is how I saw it. Not sure how the OP can say we were on top after the first 10? We barely touched the ball. With a bit more skill and quality we could have been in big trouble. We definately weathered the storm for the first 10.

J

MWHIBBIES
01-11-2018, 01:57 PM
We didn’t set out or go to play our normal game against a depleted rival 8 points ahead of us. That is lack of bottle.

So we should go into every game to play the same way? It's not a lack of bottle to set up in a tight way for a tight game. We went to Celtic park to play football and got soundly beaten.

Hearts had players out but so did we. Doesn't suddenly make a team terrible. Infact it probably made it and uglier, scrappier game

The_Horde
01-11-2018, 02:01 PM
This is how I saw it. Not sure how the OP can say we were on top after the first 10? We barely touched the ball. With a bit more skill and quality we could have been in big trouble. We definately weathered the storm for the first 10.

J

We were well in control after the first 10.

Chances from Boyle and McGregor. Good hits by Mallan that were unlucky and balls flashed across the front by Slivka and Whittaker (I think) where strikers should be getting in front of defenders. They were left to speculative efforts.

The 90+2
01-11-2018, 02:01 PM
So we should go into every game to play the same way? It's not a lack of bottle to set up in a tight way for a tight game. We went to Celtic park to play football and got soundly beaten.

Hearts had players out but so did we. Doesn't suddenly make a team terrible. Infact it probably made it and uglier, scrappier game

Okay pal. Peace.

hibbydog
01-11-2018, 02:07 PM

I disagree and see it as good management from Lennon. Was bleeding obvious what we were in for and we set up well to counter the physical battle. If we nicked it ( eg if mallans shot was a couple of inches lower or Kamberi stays on the pitch) then Lennon is a genius. Fine margins and all that.

Ourhistory against hearts at Tynecastle involves getting beat, then taking the moral high ground for playing nice football. Snore snore. Losers mentality and Lennon knows it.

Happy enough with a point and we march on.

GGTTH

SRHibs
01-11-2018, 02:09 PM
Okay pal. Peace.

Last night we made a conscious choice to set up and play with a bit more sturdiness and height. Usually, we try to “play our own game” and are inevitably dragged into the same brutal game but without the personnel on the park to suit it. There’s every chance we could’ve won had Kamberi not lost the plot, but in the end it was a good point against a team who are superb at home.

Maybe you should realise that there’s a good reason we haven’t won there in years. Hearts are never going to let us go there and cut around the park playing tiki-taka football.

MWHIBBIES
01-11-2018, 02:14 PM
Okay pal. Peace.:faf:

PatHead
01-11-2018, 02:16 PM
When was the last time we were in the lead there?

Hiber-nation
01-11-2018, 02:22 PM
When was the last time we were in the lead there?

1-1 draw when Cummings scored in the 1st half? Jan 2015.

PatHead
01-11-2018, 02:27 PM
1-1 draw when Cummings scored in the 1st half? Jan 2015.

Thanks. Often think that if we could get the first goal it would change their style of play.

We don’t do it often enough there.

Bristolhibby
01-11-2018, 02:36 PM
We were well in control after the first 10.

Chances from Boyle and McGregor. Good hits by Mallan that were unlucky and balls flashed across the front by Slivka and Whittaker (I think) where strikers should be getting in front of defenders. They were left to speculative efforts.

Sorry totally misread the OP. I thought he was saying “After 10 minutes, I thought we were totally in control”.

What he said was “The first 10 minutes aside, we were totally in control the first half”.

My mistake. I agree with the latter. Hearts battered us for the first 20 but were ineffective.

J