PDA

View Full Version : Hertz Keeper A Cheat

Dancehibs
31-10-2018, 10:00 PM
Watched it back on TV . He didn’t get punched. If anything a wee push. A nothing incident

Jones28
31-10-2018, 10:01 PM
It doesn't matter. The guy shouldn't be raising his hands to him.

itslegaltender
31-10-2018, 10:02 PM
said on another thread. He starts to fall and holds his face when the ball is thrown at his midrift. Someone from the crowd as he is falling, reaches out an arm. Why the **** he did that, who knows.

hibee_girl
31-10-2018, 10:03 PM
It’s hard to say one way or another tbh, some footage looks like there might have been contact while other footage looks like he made a meal of it.

Regardless no one should be chucking an arm out towards a player like that.

Dancehibs
31-10-2018, 10:03 PM
said on another thread. He starts to fall and holds his face when the ball is thrown at his midrift. Someone from the crowd as he is falling, reaches out an arm. Why the **** he did that, who knows.
I think to point at keeper who was at it

Eyrie
31-10-2018, 10:04 PM
Watched it back on TV . He didn’t get punched. If anything a wee push. A nothing incident

He made the most of it, and it's difficult to make out how much contact there was from TV pictures, but I have no problem condemning the idiot in our end who tried to push or punch him.

It was every bit as inexcusable as the idiot who threw a coin at Lennon.

tamig
31-10-2018, 10:08 PM
No excuses. The ball was thrown at him but more than one hand was raised. All caught on camera so there will be no escape for the erseholes who did it. Clowns.

cabbageandribs1875
31-10-2018, 10:16 PM
as pointed out on the match thread he collapsed, floored by a haymaker, but immediately got up after lying flat out, then pulled a face as to admit he would look stupid :agree: 'kin actor

frazeHFC
31-10-2018, 10:27 PM
No excuses. The ball was thrown at him but more than one hand was raised. All caught on camera so there will be no escape for the erseholes who did it. Clowns.

Should have been booked for diving.

madhatter
31-10-2018, 10:29 PM
Something inherently wrong at the ground, breeds hatred in these games. Ball boy even threw the ball into Stevenson’s midrift. Pretty sure there was intent behind that throw as well. It was both set of fans but why does the worst stuff always happen at Tynecastle? Question for Budge and Hearts I think, they need to get their affairs in order and make sure the necessary stewards and police are in place and can stop both sets of fans from acting like idiots.

Alcohol back into grounds? Eh, no, that’d be like rewarding bad behaviour.

James310
31-10-2018, 10:29 PM

The compliance officer should offer him a 2 match suspension for simulation.

SuperAllyMcleod
31-10-2018, 10:33 PM
A stupid thing to do.

Over the last couple of days I’ve been reading on here about Jambo behaviour at Murrayfield and how Hearts/Budge should get their house in order and decent Hearts fans should be helping to do so. Name and shame the culprit who threw a bottle at an elderly lady.

Well, surely we have to do the same - someone will know who it was who threw a punch at the goalie. It’s time to hand him in, or better still, he can hand himself in. Otherwise we will just be everything that we have condemned the Jambos for.

Somehow I don’t think this will happen though.

SouthMoroccoStu
31-10-2018, 10:46 PM
Later on in the second half, hearts fans aggressively throws the ball at Stevenson, he catches it to take the throw in and continue the game

Yet the Hearts keeper can’t catch a ball?! He goes down holding his face

We should have taken more shots at him

Hibernia&Alba
31-10-2018, 10:50 PM
A stupid thing to do.

Over the last couple of days I’ve been reading on here about Jambo behaviour at Murrayfield and how Hearts/Budge should get their house in order and decent Hearts fans should be helping to do so. Name and shame the culprit who threw a bottle at an elderly lady.

Well, surely we have to do the same - someone will know who it was who threw a punch at the goalie. It’s time to hand him in, or better still, he can hand himself in. Otherwise we will just be everything that we have condemned the Jambos for.

:top marks

Zero tolerance for this carry on, no matter how much the goalie milked it. We can't have our club's name dragged through the mud like this.

WHAM
31-10-2018, 10:54 PM
If you watch the incident back on the tv slow motion replay, you can see by the so-called “culprits” reaction that they are shocked that he hits the deck and they lift their hands up to say “we never touched him”. They were maybe arsing about a bit and giving him grief, but it was definitely not a punch and I don’t think they intentionally or even made any contact with him.

hibeerealist
31-10-2018, 10:59 PM
A stupid thing to do.

And if there was no punch? Sounds like you are prepared to believe the hertz version looked to me like the goalie was at it and was not touched. Don’t think we should be looking to hang any of our boys out to dry until we see CLEAR contact with that muppet in goals

Andy Bee
31-10-2018, 11:42 PM
If you watch the incident back on the tv slow motion replay, you can see by the so-called “culprits” reaction that they are shocked that he hits the deck and they lift their hands up to say “we never touched him”. They were maybe arsing about a bit and giving him grief, but it was definitely not a punch and I don’t think they intentionally or even made any contact with him.

Exactly my take on it after just watching on TV. You can clearly see by everyone's reaction around him that they don't have a clue why he's went down. Unfortunately some poor sod is going to be made a scapegoat and end up with a lifetime ban and probably an assault charge. Pathetic from the keeper, hope he's proud of himself.

Hermit Crab
01-11-2018, 01:38 AM
The compliance officer should offer him a 2 match suspension for simulation.

Is this a serious post? The ball was not in play and it was a fan involved, not a fellow player.

tamig
01-11-2018, 01:56 AM
Is this a serious post? The ball was not in play and it was a fan involved, not a fellow player.

Lighten up man for goodness sake.

Aldo
01-11-2018, 05:36 AM
Regardless it should not have happened.

What I will say though is the keeper is what 6’2 or 6’3 went down like he had been haymakered by Mike Tyson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

norhfc
01-11-2018, 06:20 AM
He made a huge meal of nothing, why go over to the fans in the first place. Lewis waited for the ball boys to retreive the balls, and got one in the stomach right enough. That ground is well known for its tightness and quite frankly looney element. It all decended into an embarrassment of a game.

heretoday
01-11-2018, 06:25 AM
Goalie's reaction reminded me of that famous incident when Rivaldo went down clutching his head after being hit elsewhere.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-11-2018, 06:30 AM
Seen the footage again

No contact to his face whatsoever

The 90+2
01-11-2018, 06:31 AM

Shocked 😮

GreenArmy1875
01-11-2018, 06:32 AM
Bams on both sides I'm afraid. The worrying thing for me is the amount of people on social media supporting the behaviour on both sides. Shows that more than 1 or 2 would be willing to do the same. I suppose these kind of people would do these kind of things outside of football.

It's a game of football not life or death. People need to grow up if they think either incident is acceptable.

Heisenberg
01-11-2018, 06:33 AM
Seen the footage again

No contact to his face whatsoever

Tbf...the coin that hit Lennon got him in the chest but he went down clutching his face.

lapsedhibee
01-11-2018, 06:37 AM
Goalie's reaction reminded me of that famous incident when Rivaldo went down clutching his head after being hit elsewhere.

And the only slightly less famous incident when Dean Shiels was sent off after brushing against Craig Gordon.

green day
01-11-2018, 06:39 AM
Not entirely sure how I would react if in the keepers position.

Its daft to call him a cheat though - anyone taking a random swing at a player on the park is an erse and deserves the book thrown at them.

Likewise anyone throwing objects at players / managers..........regardless if they are Hibs / Hearts, whatever.

I mentioned on another thread - this is a particular problem at Tynecastle, its so tight that it allows the bampots to get close to players and staff.

God knows what the police are doing, but IMO Hearts need to stop selling the first couple of rows at the ends (for the keepers), the corners where their UDA mob congregate, and some of the seats behind the management teams.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-11-2018, 08:09 AM
Tbf...the coin that hit Lennon got him in the chest but he went down clutching his face.

Did it not hit him in the lip?

McCoist said on tv a couple inches higher and it’s in his eye, or words to that affect

Joe6-2
01-11-2018, 08:13 AM
And if there was no punch? Sounds like you are prepared to believe the hertz version looked to me like the goalie was at it and was not touched. Don’t think we should be looking to hang any of our boys out to dry until we see CLEAR contact with that muppet in goals

This, he’s allegedly told Levain that he was punched! Lying cant, and L will milk that to try and deflect from the coin incident, or at least make us appear as bad as them

Joe6-2
01-11-2018, 08:14 AM

McCoist said on tv a couple inches higher and it’s in his eye, or words to that affect

It was his face

Sammy7nil
01-11-2018, 08:15 AM

Lennon said it hit him on the chin(s)
TV pics show the coin hitting his chest but that may have been after it bounced off his chin?

Totally outrageous and 100% wrong I have no doubt NL would have got a fright and would have been startled but I doubt there was enough force for him to go to ground unless he of course he was fearful of being hit again.

bigwheel
01-11-2018, 08:16 AM
This, he’s allegedly told Levain that he was punched! Lying cant, and L will milk that to try and deflect from the coin incident, or at least make us appear as bad as them

doesn't really matter whether he was caught well or barely punched...still completely unacceptable for someone just doing his job...The intent was there..looked like two attempts to me. The keeper making the most of it is not the issue here. No one should feel threatened going to collect a ball.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2018, 08:19 AM
Their keeper is and was at it, no contact was made and no punch was attempted. Prick.

dp00
01-11-2018, 08:23 AM
Tbf Craig levein said in his after match interview that there goalie said it wasn’t much and didn’t seem bothered

hibbydog
Their keeper is and was at it, no contact was made and no punch was attempted. Prick.

He is a prick and he was ‘at it’

But..... You can clearly see a punch being thrown. Whether it made contact or not doesn’t matter.

Is anyone saying that an attempted punch which missed is ok?

Or someone trying to miss in order to intimidate the goalkeeper is ok too?

A hundred times no.

Aye, the goalkeeper making a meal of it didn’t help, but he went down to demonstrate that he’d been hit by a fan. If this was Bogdan at the other end we’d be backing him to the hilt.

bigwheel

take the green tinted specs off BH...there were at least two attempts to grab, punch or push the keeper at the incident..not clear from the footage exactly what the actions were meant to be - but it looked as if at least one may have connected in some way..it was an unsavoury moment

SouthMoroccoStu
01-11-2018, 08:31 AM
Sorry but that’s guff.

Are you referring to the hearts keeper?

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2018, 09:03 AM
He is a prick and he was ‘at it’

But..... You can clearly see a punch being thrown. Whether it made contact or not doesn’t matter.

Is anyone saying that an attempted punch which missed is ok?

Or someone trying to miss in order to intimidate the goalkeeper is ok too?

A hundred times no.

Aye, the goalkeeper making a meal of it didn’t help, but he went down to demonstrate that he’d been hit by a fan. If this was Bogdan at the other end we’d be backing him to the hilt.

I cant clearly see anyone attempting a punch at him? :confused:

matty_f
01-11-2018, 09:10 AM

I think it's one of those incidents where the footage will let folk see what they want to see, I've watched it and thought the keeper was at it, and I've watched it again and thought he was hit.

I'm still not 100% sure what the reality is. A good argument could be made either way with the same footage.

Yams will call it as a punch and feel totally justified, and similarly many of us would feel justified in playing it down as a fairly innocuous incident.

Stokesy's on fire
01-11-2018, 09:11 AM
I have watched the footage of this incident over and over again and it appears the Hearts keeper has been smacked by casper the ghost. Casper does enjoy Tynecastle to be fair:casper::casper::casper:

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2018, 09:12 AM
I think it's one of those incidents where the footage will let folk see what they want to see, I've watched it and thought the keeper was at it, and I've watched it again and thought he was hit.

I'm still not 100% sure what the reality is. A good argument could be made either way with the same footage.

Yams will call it as a punch and feel totally justified, and similarly many of us would feel justified in playing it down as a fairly innocuous incident.

:agree: Hearts keepers have a history of taking a dive at that end.

Maybe the goalies to blame here - looked like he was “asking for it”?

Greenbeard
01-11-2018, 09:14 AM
Lennon said it hit him on the chin(s)
TV pics show the coin hitting his chest but that may have been after it bounced off his chin?

Totally outrageous and 100% wrong I have no doubt NL would have got a fright and would have been startled but I doubt there was enough force for him to go to ground unless he of course he was fearful of being hit again.
Aye looked to me like a glance off the chin, onto chest, and the ground. He hardly flinches, just looks down, sees it was a coin and then goes to ground, milking it just as much as their goalie tbh. Nae need. Aye it probably stung a wee bit, but it didn't exactly land with force. The coin was dropping, more like a toss than a powerful throw. If there had been any force in it it would have drawn blood or at least a wee red mark. NL should have just picked it up, shown it to all and sundry, and handed it to the fourth official. Let's see at Friday's presser if there is any sort of bruise.
Not excusing it mind. I am just so f...ing fed up with everyone in the game, now managers included, falling over at the slightest contact. Meant to be a man's game ffs. BTW in that regard, good on Boyle for not milking the elbow in the throat and the kicking-out.

Ozyhibby
01-11-2018, 09:17 AM
Both the Lennon incident and the goalie incident highlight how few tv camera points there are at Tynecastle and how poorly positioned they are. If that was at Easter road there would be multiple angles of both incidents available.

Peevemor
01-11-2018, 09:32 AM
The supporters swinging punches were out of order as was the keeper for making the most of it.

The main thing for me though is that it shows once again that Tynecastle isn't fit for purposes. They should be made to leave the front couple of rows of the stands empty. They've tried to shoehorn too much into a tight space putting players at risk.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2018, 09:35 AM
The supporters swinging punches were out of order as was the keeper for making the most of it.

The main thing for me though is that it shows once again that Tynecastle isn't fit for purposes. They should be made to leave the front couple of rows of the stands empty. They've tried to shoehorn too much into a tight space putting players at risk.

Every time the ball goes out folk are hanging over the advertising board to get in a players ear. It’s what they do as part of creating the best atmosphere in football.

Needs a big Perspex sheet up all round the ground - recreate that tennants sixes feel.

Hermit Crab
01-11-2018, 09:41 AM
Every time the ball goes out folk are hanging over the advertising board to get in a players ear. It’s what they do as part of creating the best atmosphere in football.

Needs a big Perspex sheet up all round the ground - recreate that tenets sixes feel.

All this not fit for purpose chat is nonsense. It the fans of both teams in the front rows who act inappropriately that are not fit for purpose.

Bristolhibby
01-11-2018, 09:44 AM

That’s what I saw.

J

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2018, 09:46 AM
All this not fit for purpose chat is nonsense. It the fans of both teams in the front rows who act inappropriately that are not fit for purpose.

But when they’re banned and replaced the next set move into their seats and do the same thing.

Could always play the games behind closed doors?

Hedlund12
01-11-2018, 09:46 AM
I was about 10 people along from the incident last night. I was gobsmacked at the reaction of Zlamal to this incident. I thought he'd been hit by a snippers bullet...
I've since watched a video and there clearly is contact made by one hibs fan and an attempt by another. Whilst the reaction itself was probably over egged (as was the antics of some of the hearts team...which sadly (and unprofessionally) worked to their advantage). Regardless of the reaction of Zlamal - the incident shouldn't have happened.
I expect said indidividual/individuals will be dealt with by the club.
We are quick to criticise the behaviour of opposing fans - there are a minority in our support that sadly tar our club/support with the same brush.
Same applies to the "culprit" that injured a kid in the Hearts end with a missile.
I'm fully aware that our fans were victims of missiles being thrown too but - in my opinion - when "our own" are just as bad it doesn't bode well.

Bristolhibby
01-11-2018, 09:47 AM
Aye looked to me like a glance off the chin, onto chest, and the ground. He hardly flinches, just looks down, sees it was a coin and then goes to ground, milking it just as much as their goalie tbh. Nae need. Aye it probably stung a wee bit, but it didn't exactly land with force. The coin was dropping, more like a toss than a powerful throw. If there had been any force in it it would have drawn blood or at least a wee red mark. NL should have just picked it up, shown it to all and sundry, and handed it to the fourth official. Let's see at Friday's presser if there is any sort of bruise.
Not excusing it mind. I am just so f...ing fed up with everyone in the game, now managers included, falling over at the slightest contact. Meant to be a man's game ffs. BTW in that regard, good on Boyle for not milking the elbow in the throat and the kicking-out.

I’m pretty sure he dropped to the ground to make a point. It’s hard to ignore a manager of a SPFL team hitting the deck, compared to one handing a coin to the 4th Official.

It evens things out as well. Their goalie went to ground, our manager went to ground.

J

basehibby
01-11-2018, 09:48 AM
doesn't really matter whether he was caught well or barely punched...still completely unacceptable for someone just doing his job...The intent was there..looked like two attempts to me. The keeper making the most of it is not the issue here. No one should feel threatened going to collect a ball.

Of course it matters FFS.

If there was intent to injure by throwing a punch then the fan concerned should be identified and banned and no doubt about it.

If there was no punch then the keeper is a disgrace and also deserves to be brought to task for attempting to fit someone up.

bigwheel
01-11-2018, 09:50 AM
Of course it matters FFS.

If there was intent to injure by throwing a punch then the fan concerned should be identified and banned and no doubt about it.

If there was no punch then the keeper is a disgrace and also deserves to be brought to task for attempting to fit someone up.

So. Because the fan perhaps didn’t connect properly they shouldn’t be banned?

Keeper likely made a bit of a meal of it - fair play to him I say..he shouldn’t have to deal with things like that

Not In The Know
01-11-2018, 09:52 AM

Its not fit though.

There are more incidents here than any other ground.

They should be made to remove the first two rows from the oldest 3 stands.

Sammy7nil
01-11-2018, 11:09 AM
Tbf Craig levein said in his after match interview that there goalie said it wasn’t much and didn’t seem bothered

Did he ask him why he fell to the ground holding his face if it was not much and he was not bothered?

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2018, 11:11 AM
Did he ask him why he fell to the ground holding his face if it was not much and he was not bothered?

I can answer that, he was not touched, punched slapped or tickled.

Argylehibby
01-11-2018, 11:23 AM

Hit him on the face and then dropped onto his chest.

overdrive
01-11-2018, 11:35 AM
I don't think any contact was made and if it did, it looked accidental.

Hermit Crab
01-11-2018, 11:39 AM
Its not fit though.

There are more incidents here than any other ground.

They should be made to remove the first two rows from the oldest 3 stands.

Have you got facts and evidence to back that up?

hibbydog
01-11-2018, 11:44 AM

So how do you explain the fist being directed towards his face at high speed?

O'Rourke3
01-11-2018, 11:45 AM
Whether there was a punch or not or it was or wasn't intended there were supporters arms over the barrier where they shouldn't have been. Like a forward entitled to go down because there's contact. There's a fan possibly. Naively but unintentionally getting a banning order.
For the coin throwing there may be a camera on the thrower. Probably Preston as it must have come from the press area. Lennon going down was simply(IMO) to waste time and get his side off the pitch with a 0-0. We'll played sir.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

aljo7-0
01-11-2018, 11:50 AM
A fan surely goes to a game to support his/her team and knows to leave any opposition player alone if they come within reach? of course atmosphere, alcohol, taunts, sense of injustice etc can make you act out of character but it does not excuse it.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2018, 11:50 AM
So how do you explain the fist being directed towards his face at high speed?

Quite easily actually, that never happened.

heretoday
01-11-2018, 11:52 AM
We've got ****bags in our support just like they have.

It's the oldest story in the world.

hibbydog
01-11-2018, 11:52 AM

What am I seeing then? 😲

Keith_M
01-11-2018, 11:53 AM
Sadly, every one of the papers that reported the incident have described the diving wee scrote as having been 'decked' by a Hibs Fan.

Im convinced its in Hearts' players DNA to dive, he just forgot that he couldn't get a Fan sent off!

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2018, 11:55 AM
What am I seeing then? 😲

I have no idea?

Gloucester Hibs
01-11-2018, 11:57 AM
What TV evidence there is available isn't conclusive IMO - my first reaction last night was that he'd made a meal of having the ball lobbed back at him. Having watched the BBC highlights today there does appear to maybe be an outstretched arm in his face?

Lago
01-11-2018, 12:00 PM
We've got ****bags in our support just like they have.

It's the oldest story in the world.
Your right but too many making light of the goalie incident which will in the longer term merely encourage others. Sad day when you can't go to a football game without this nonsense happening.

hibbydog
01-11-2018, 12:01 PM
I have no idea?

Care to tell me what you saw, please?

Maybes it’s how you interpret it?

KWJ
01-11-2018, 12:02 PM

Are you suggesting that no arm came out and went anywhere near the keeper?

He's probably taken a bit of a dive as well as Lennon but even if he's no been touched a player shouldn't have the shock of nearly being touched by a fan in this situation. Punched in the face is worse, almost being caught is still pretty bad.

Hedlund12
01-11-2018, 12:11 PM
I don't think any contact was made and if it did, it looked accidental.

"Accidental".... tongue in cheek response! 🤣

Dear Judge,

Please forgive me...

Whilst at the Hearts V Hibs game, I was innocently standing behind the goals with my fellow comrades when I remembered I hadn't done my daily excercise!!

As I moved right arm around in a circular motion, I accidentally fell forward - at the same time the Hearts goalkeeper came to retrieve the ball!

Some how the poor goalkeeper connected with my fist/hand and he fell to the ground!!

I was completely shocked... how irresponsible of him to be so clumsy. I shouted over to him "deary me big fellie.. you need to be a wee bit more careful.. you hurt my fist there!"

As I said just Judge, purely accidental on my part, please forgive me!

lucky
01-11-2018, 12:12 PM
I don’t think think the keeper was punched, he may have been touched and got a fright and fell over. There was a steward a few feet away looking straight at the incident and he looked as baffled as the Hibs at the keepers reaction.

emerald green
01-11-2018, 12:28 PM
Not condoning anything that happened last night. However, it still seems unclear (to me anyway) exactly what actually happened with regards to the Hearts goalkeeper, other than he was exaggerating hugely, and feigning some sort of injury.

Tynecastle has been an accident waiting to happen for years. Spectators are far too close to the players and the pitch, and there's always the danger that someone will try something crazy.

I saw literally dozens of police officers all congregated in one wee corner of the stadium, doing what I'm not really sure. I can recall past times when police officers were actually deployed in among the spectators. That doesn't seem to happen these days. At least not to the same extent.

overdrive
01-11-2018, 12:49 PM
Not condoning anything that happened last night. However, it still seems unclear (to me anyway) exactly what actually happened with regards to the Hearts goalkeeper, other than he was exaggerating hugely, and feigning some sort of injury.

Tynecastle has been an accident waiting to happen for years. Spectators are far too close to the players and the pitch, and there's always the danger that someone will try something crazy.

I saw literally dozens of police officers all congregated in one wee corner of the stadium, doing what I'm not really sure. I can recall past times when police officers were actually deployed in among the spectators. That doesn't seem to happen these days. At least not to the same extent.

He actually holds the wrong side of his face. The "contact" was on his left side. He goes down holding the right side of his face. He's totally at it.

Peevemor
01-11-2018, 01:06 PM

McCoist said on tv a couple inches higher and it’s in his eye, or words to that affectIt hit him on the right side of his chin.

oldbutdim
01-11-2018, 01:07 PM

Andy Walker said there was definitely contact and so he's quite entitled to go down.

Or he certainly would have said that, had anyone been interested enough in his opinion to ask him.

Phil MaGlass
01-11-2018, 01:08 PM
"Accidental".... tongue in cheek response! 🤣

Dear Judge,

Please forgive me...

Whilst at the Hearts V Hibs game, I was innocently standing behind the goals with my fellow comrades when I remembered I hadn't done my daily excercise!!

As I moved right arm around in a circular motion, I accidentally fell forward - at the same time the Hearts goalkeeper came to retrieve the ball!

Some how the poor goalkeeper connected with my fist/hand and he fell to the ground!!

I was completely shocked... how irresponsible of him to be so clumsy. I shouted over to him "deary me big fellie.. you need to be a wee bit more careful.. you hurt my fist there!"

As I said just Judge, purely accidental on my part, please forgive me!

wasnt that the defence used by the hrtz guy that attacked lennon, seemed to have worked for him.....

Bostonhibby
01-11-2018, 01:09 PM
Andy Walker said there was definitely contact and so he's quite entitled to go down.

Or he certainly would have said that, had anyone been interested enough in his opinion to ask him.He witnessed every single sevco player being thrashed to within an inch of their lives and they weren't even there.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2018, 01:25 PM
I don’t think think the keeper was punched, he may have been touched and got a fright and fell over. There was a steward a few feet away looking straight at the incident and he looked as baffled as the Hibs at the keepers reaction.

Exactly, anyone saying he's been punched has not looked at this properly, or has another agenda as that goalkeeper has not been punched.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2018, 01:28 PM
Having read through the Lennon vs coin thread I think it’s fair to say if you look at the speed and the trajectory of the “punch” you’ll see there’s no way it’s enough for a grow man to collapse. And he was right in the fans face - clearly taunting them.

I'm Spartacus
01-11-2018, 01:31 PM
The fans involved in all incidents should do the decent thing and hand themselves in, they'll get caught.

Nakedmanoncrack
01-11-2018, 01:34 PM
I think its clear from both the incidents that grown men have ridiculously went to ground embellishing, and exaggerating the "pain" endured, that doesn't excuse either the person who got involved with the keeper, or who threw the coin at Lennon, but let's be honest about what actually happened.

CLASS OF 72 -73
01-11-2018, 01:47 PM
Both fan incidents are shocking and coin throwing a serious assault but lets be honest Neil milked it a bit as the coin did not really hit him cleanly. Their keeper nearly 6ft 4 goes down like Tyson hit him while it looked more like a push. The falling to the ground is merely a confirmation that you have been touched but now we are all over the media for the wrong reasons.

Eaststandee
01-11-2018, 02:11 PM
The keeper wasn't "punched" not a chance, hands over the barrier is one thing, but people acting like he was assaulted is crazy.

If a player had touched Bobby Thesmell like that he would be getting pelters for diving like an arse.

Arch Stanton
01-11-2018, 02:42 PM
Whether there was a punch or not or it was or wasn't intended there were supporters arms over the barrier where they shouldn't have been. Like a forward entitled to go down because there's contact. There's a fan possibly. Naively but unintentionally getting a banning order.
For the coin throwing there may be a camera on the thrower. Probably Preston as it must have come from the press area. Lennon going down was simply(IMO) to waste time and get his side off the pitch with a 0-0. We'll played sir.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

However, the ball was a good few feet from the barrier and only landed within fans reach because the goalie kicked it there as he was walking up. If there is indeed a banning order for the fan then the goalie too needs to be punished for inciting it.

Anyway, there was a steward a few feet away who didn't think anything untoward was going on as he appeared totally relaxed during the whole incident.

Arch Stanton
01-11-2018, 02:48 PM
What am I seeing then? 😲

When you see it at full speed there does indeed look like a punch, especially confirmed by the goalies reaction. When viewed frame by frame there isn't a punch to be seen - in fact, the only guy who could have done it has both hands on the ball.

Of course, maybe the goalie punched himself. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2018, 04:51 PM
When you see it at full speed there does indeed look like a punch, especially confirmed by the goalies reaction. When viewed frame by frame there isn't a punch to be seen - in fact, the only guy who could have done it has both hands on the ball.

Of course, maybe the goalie punched himself. :greengrin

Exactly, no punch is thrown at all, as i said originally, their keeper is at it. :rolleyes:

The_Sauz
01-11-2018, 04:52 PM
Just spoke to my son who is a Yam ( I know I know:brickwall) who sits in the new super duper stand near the back, and looks along the 6-yard box! According to what he saw, it was a push the goalie's shoulder and not a punch to the face and was as surprised as anybody that the keeper went down holding his face considering he battered his head against the post in the first half trying to get to SM shot that hit the bar (it sounded bad on TV) yet he did not go down or need any treatment.

hibee_girl
01-11-2018, 05:05 PM
The footage on stv news shows he was hit

beensaidbefore
01-11-2018, 05:18 PM

Exactly. Reading this thread is a bit embarassing. We can't have it both ways. If its OK for NL rolling on the ground, why is this guy not equally justified. Whoever the twats were at the front they have created an unwelcome situation for the club and should have a long hard think about acting like hard men at the football in future. Fannys

beensaidbefore
01-11-2018, 05:21 PM
It was his face

Didn't look like it to me mate. I thought he went down after he saw what had hit him. Good waste of time imo and put the heat back on them after the goalie incident.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2018, 05:23 PM
The footage on stv news shows he was hit

Just seen it on STV, he was not punched, anyone who says that needs a quick trip to specsavers. They guy who's hands go towards him is laughing about the pantomime dive and the clutching of his face. :rolleyes:

Golden Bear
01-11-2018, 05:39 PM
It's went from a punch to a coin and now it's a rabbit punch. In other words its inconclusive as to what the extent of this incident really was.

Arch Stanton
01-11-2018, 06:20 PM
OOH ERR, I was just checking my facts and have now noticed a single frame where the guy was extending his arm towards the goalie's face.

However in the immediately preceding frame you can see the goalie extending his arm towards the lad's face.

So, to me it now looks like the goalie hit the guy who then immediately reacted.

Who'da thought?

Ged
01-11-2018, 06:29 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/46064344

He was hit.

He throws himself to the ground.

heretoday
01-11-2018, 06:39 PM

He was hit.

He wasn't hit.

Hibbyradge
01-11-2018, 06:40 PM

He was hit.

Yes, there was definitely contact. That was wrong and probably a criminal offence.

The keeper exaggerates the effect of the contact. This isn't a crime, just unnecessary.

A bit like the Neil Lennon incident, but in reverse.

Hibbyradge
01-11-2018, 06:42 PM
He wasn't hit.

He was.

Look at the keeper's head during that clip.

Captain Trips
01-11-2018, 07:08 PM
Both Lennon and keeper where hit and IMO both made a meal of it afterwards.

lapsedhibee
01-11-2018, 07:30 PM
Are you suggesting that no arm came out and went anywhere near the keeper?

He's probably taken a bit of a dive as well as Lennon but even if he's no been touched a player shouldn't have the shock of nearly being touched by a fan in this situation. Punched in the face is worse, almost being caught is still pretty bad.
#pray that Hearts can afford PTSD counselling for the goalie. Otherwise his career might be Finnish.

Dancehibs
01-11-2018, 07:33 PM
He was.

Look at the keeper's head during that clip.
Not on my tv.

Inconsequential
01-11-2018, 08:01 PM
Tbf...the coin that hit Lennon got him in the chest but he went down clutching his face. A few people seem to think the same but if you look at the footage very closely ( it took me 2 or 3 views) you can see the projectile heading in the direction of the right hand side of Neil Lennon's face. Then it rebounded and hit the right side of his chest. Probably easier to spot with a larger screen than a phone.

Jim44
01-11-2018, 08:02 PM

The idiot who extended an arm should be banned for life. The Hearts goalkeeper should have been booked for simulation.

LancashireHibby
01-11-2018, 08:05 PM
To me there’s no doubt at all that the keeper is struck. Yes you wouldn’t expect him to hit the deck, but that’s better than reacting in kind or all hell would have broken loose. Attempts to play it down don’t reflect well on our fan base IMO.

Peevemor
01-11-2018, 08:30 PM
A few people seem to think the same but if you look at the footage very closely ( it took me 2 or 3 views) you can see the projectile heading in the direction of the right hand side of Neil Lennon's face. Then it rebounded and hit the right side of his chest. Probably easier to spot with a larger screen than a phone.I saw it quite clearly in the coverage last night. He was hit in the face. When the ref came to speak to him it was pretty clear (even with the crappest lip reading skills) that NL said that the coin hit his chin.

The 90+2
01-11-2018, 08:33 PM
The idiot who extended an arm should be banned for life. The Hearts goalkeeper should have been booked for simulation.

He’s a wee boy that pushed the goalies shoulder. Banned for life at football because of that? Really? He should be taken into Easter Road for Lenny to have a stiff word with though for a start!

Jim44
01-11-2018, 08:49 PM
He’s a wee boy that pushed the goalies shoulder. Banned for life at football because of that? Really? He should be taken into Easter Road for Lenny to have a stiff word with though for a start!

You’ve obviously got a soft spot for the wee idiot. When I was a kid at any game I wouldn’t have dreamed of making any gesture towards a player. You obviously think it’s ok. Fine.

Inconsequential
01-11-2018, 08:52 PM
I saw it quite clearly in the coverage last night. He was hit in the face. When the ref came to speak to him it was pretty clear (even with the crappest lip reading skills) that NL said that the coin hit his chin. Correct Sir.

Leith's finest
02-11-2018, 09:46 AM
Not read the whole thread, bit it is my opinion that tynecastle should remove the first 2/3 rows of seats in all stands , it would protect players from contact from fans, players would have a better area for taking corners and throw in, downside would be even less tickets for roseburn stand for away fans

Moulin Yarns
02-11-2018, 10:05 AM

He was hit.

He then gets up, gives the crowd the thumbs up and applauds. Was that to let the crowd know he was OK or to wind them up?

#askingforafriend

JimBHibees
02-11-2018, 10:18 AM
To me there’s no doubt at all that the keeper is struck. Yes you wouldn’t expect him to hit the deck, but that’s better than reacting in kind or all hell would have broken loose. Attempts to play it down don’t reflect well on our fan base IMO.

Agree no doubt he was hit for absolutely no reason.

His comments on it were quite accurate below. Whoever did this should be hammered.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46059059

JimBHibees
02-11-2018, 10:19 AM

Yes really he assaulted a player.

CropleyWasGod
02-11-2018, 10:23 AM
Not read the whole thread, bit it is my opinion that tynecastle should remove the first 2/3 rows of seats in all stands , it would protect players from contact from fans, players would have a better area for taking corners and throw in, downside would be even less tickets for roseburn stand for away fansWould that work, though? You'd still have fans running to the front.

Having a constant line of stewards there would be expensive, and would be no guarantee against the nutters.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Lancs Harp
02-11-2018, 10:26 AM
Would that work, though? You'd still have fans running to the front.

Having a constant line of stewards there would be expensive, and would be no guarantee against the nutters.

At quite a few grounds in England the bottom rows are sometimes blocked off with like a tarpaulin type thing covering the seats, its stops people running the front generally.

J-C
02-11-2018, 10:30 AM
The keeper was not hit but an arm stretched out towards him and the hand hits his left shoulder, he made a meal of it but why is anyone stretching out an arm towards a player, what's their incentive? Lennon got hut by a coin, probably stung a bit but he had every right to make a meal of it, the crowd were very hostile on Wednesday.

CropleyWasGod
02-11-2018, 10:47 AM
At quite a few grounds in England the bottom rows are sometimes blocked off with like a tarpaulin type thing covering the seats, its stops people running the front generally.Oh come on. They've no finished the new stand yet. When are they going to get round to installing a tarpaulin? [emoji38]

danhibees1875
02-11-2018, 10:58 AM

He was hit.

:agree: I seen that video earlier which seems to be the clearest available and shows that he was hit. How hard he was it is hard to decide, but is irrelevant really.

Argylehibby
02-11-2018, 11:32 AM
Just seen it on STV, he was not punched, anyone who says that needs a quick trip to specsavers. They guy who's hands go towards him is laughing about the pantomime dive and the clutching of his face. :rolleyes:

I don't need to go to specsavers, laser eye surgery gave me 20/20 vision. He was hit once and then a second attempt fails or at most brushes against him. The first one, at 07/08 seconds in on the BBC link on post 96, while not hard enough to knock him down certainly connects well enough to sting.

Speedy
02-11-2018, 11:43 AM

Two things are clear.

Both sets of fans were out of order.

Both Zlamal and Lennon dropped to the ground in an embarrassing manner. If the incidents involved other players while the ball was in play we'd be slating them for it.

jacomo
02-11-2018, 02:12 PM

You’re a spectator.

Don’t reach out and push or strike an opposition player in any way.

It’s not hard to understand.

J-C
02-11-2018, 02:25 PM

You haven't half been involved in a few heated debates since joining this forum, well done.

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2018, 02:59 PM
Quite a good video of the punch?? on the BBC Sport app
Worth a looksee
Sorry won’t give me a link

heidtheba
02-11-2018, 03:03 PM
Quite a good video of the punch?? on the BBC Sport app
Worth a looksee
Sorry won’t give me a link

I can't find that, but it's really sad to see that I was wrong and that he was punched. I thought he made a meal of it/even faked it but there's absolutely no excuse for any fans of any team to be touching a player.
I hope this gets stamped out totally.

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2018, 04:08 PM
I can't find that, but it's really sad to see that I was wrong and that he was punched. I thought he made a meal of it/even faked it but there's absolutely no excuse for any fans of any team to be touching a player.
I hope this gets stamped out totally.
I did say punch with a question mark clip shows definite contact but inconclusive
Contact enough to be indefensible

Diclonius
02-11-2018, 04:16 PM
If on the 29th December Bogdan is collecting the ball in front of their fans and a carbon copy of that exact same incident happens, would we be calling Bogdan a "cheat" and defending a guy who possibly aims a punch at him?

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2018, 04:19 PM
I don't need to go to specsavers, laser eye surgery gave me 20/20 vision. He was hit once and then a second attempt fails or at most brushes against him. The first one, at 07/08 seconds in on the BBC link on post 96, while not hard enough to knock him down certainly connects well enough to sting.

The guy releases the ball and puts his arm out, NO PUNCH WAS ATTEMPTED AT ALL. The media and even folk on here are saying he was punched, that never happened. To punch someone, you would normally draw your fist back then throw it towards the intended target.

That keeper is at it, he's fallen to the ground holding his face, if the young lad connected with his outstretched arm, and i'm not convinced at all he has, then it was his shoulder or chest it brushed. Quite why that keeper fell down holding his face as if he was punched squarely in the mouth only he will know?

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2018, 05:34 PM
Hearts keeper gets punched?

https://youtu.be/Z6F7ygHfHbU

Eyrie
02-11-2018, 06:02 PM
There is probably an equivalent thread on Kickback claiming that the coin never hit Lennon but he went down anyway.

The idiot had no business sticking his arm out like that, regardless of how much contact there was. Our support would be getting hammered for the incident if it wasn't for the even more serious attack on Lennon which is getting most of the attention.

Spike Mandela
02-11-2018, 06:08 PM
Hearts keeper gets punched?

https://youtu.be/Z6F7ygHfHbU

Bit draconian to ban someone for life for that. It's a tap on the shoulder if anything. Keeper makes a right arse of himself if you ask me.

Papers and pundits can say all they like but if I was up in court on assault charges for that I would expect my lawyer to use that video to clear me.

Franck Stanton
02-11-2018, 06:31 PM
Not read the whole thread, bit it is my opinion that tynecastle should remove the first 2/3 rows of seats in all stands , it would protect players from contact from fans, players would have a better area for taking corners and throw in, downside would be even less tickets for roseburn stand for away fans

At last, a constructive suggestion, one which I agree with. So we get less tickets for tiny - so be it. Players safety is paramount. The 3 front rows around the entire pitch should be left empty. Won't however stop items being thrown but that is a separate matter.

DaveF
02-11-2018, 06:37 PM
Bit draconian to ban someone for life for that. It's a tap on the shoulder if anything. Keeper makes a right arse of himself if you ask me.

Papers and pundits can say all they like but if I was up in court on assault charges for that I would expect my lawyer to use that video to clear me.

Totally agree. Zlamal should be absolutely ashamed with his actions. A total non event without his acting.

lapsedhibee
02-11-2018, 08:03 PM
He then gets up, gives the crowd the thumbs up and applauds. Was that to let the crowd know he was OK or to wind them up?

#askingforafriend

I thought perhaps he regretted making such a meal of it and gave his thumbs-up in an apologetic kinda way.

Iggy Pope
02-11-2018, 08:03 PM
If on the 29th December Bogdan is collecting the ball in front of their fans and a carbon copy of that exact same incident happens, would we be calling Bogdan a "cheat" and defending a guy who possibly aims a punch at him?

Very possibly yes.

Iggy Pope
02-11-2018, 08:06 PM
I thought perhaps he regretted making such a meal of it and gave his thumbs-up in an apologetic kinda way.

His comments in the press this morning make him sound more like a cheating Hertz **** in a mealy-mouthed Hertz **** kinda way.

Allant1981
03-11-2018, 12:25 PM

He was hit.

no danger was that a hit, it was a slight touch/push, id hate to see how he would react if he actually ever was punched

Phil MaGlass
03-11-2018, 12:39 PM
That is not a punch, it could be seen as maybe a push, but a punch, ffs,

HibbyAndy
03-11-2018, 12:51 PM
Not a chance that's a punch ! Cheating hearts ****!!

Scouse Hibee
03-11-2018, 01:04 PM
Having watched the footage he made an absolute meal of it. it looked like Kennon did too, maybe the angle I saw it from but the coin looked to hit his chest and not his face, am I wrong?

Keith_M
03-11-2018, 01:09 PM

If the exact same incident, meaning nobody actually threw a punch but somebody touched him on the arm, and he throws himself to the ground, then yes, he'd be fair game for criticism.

Also, I wouldn't be defending the guy, the same as the vast majority that have commented on this incident, but saying he should have sat in his seat and behaved himself, the same as Hibs Fan should.

whiskas
03-11-2018, 01:14 PM
He might have went down like he’d been hit by a haymaker from Mike Tyson but any contact is too much contact. Hopefully the clubs and the police find out who was involved and deal with them

Allant1981
03-11-2018, 01:15 PM
Having watched the footage he made an absolute meal of it. it looked like Kennon did too, maybe the angle I saw it from but the coin looked to hit his chest and not his face, am I wrong?

it definitely hit his face first

Scouse Hibee
03-11-2018, 01:27 PM
it definitely hit his face first

Okay thanks for confirming.

Allant1981
03-11-2018, 01:32 PM
Okay thanks for confirming.

think he did make a meal of it though

Hiber-nation
03-07-2019, 11:55 AM
Banned from football matches in Scotland for 12 months and ordered to perform 150 hours of unpaid work.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-48855542

Since452
03-07-2019, 11:59 AM
Banned from football matches in Scotland for 12 months and ordered to perform 150 hours of unpaid work.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-48855542

Should have been banned for life. Absolute clown.

The 90+2
03-07-2019, 12:32 PM
Any word on the guy who pelted Lennon with a coin yet?

Itsnoteasy
03-07-2019, 12:49 PM
Should have been banned for life. Absolute clown.

Totally agree.
He pleaded not guilty so it had to go to court. What a waste of time & taxpayers money. The Hertz goalie was given the third degree in court for his actions. Whether he hit him or not the twat should have kept his hands to himself. Hibs should give him a lifetime ban fi ER.

DaveF
03-07-2019, 12:51 PM
Totally agree.
He pleaded not guilty so it had to go to court. What a waste of time & taxpayers money. The Hertz goalie was given the third degree in court for his actions. Whether he hit him or not the twat should have kept his hands to himself. Hibs should give him a lifetime ban fi ER.

Can you expand on the keeper comment?

As for the offender, I think the punishment is fine. Any talk of a life ban is just hyperbolic nonsense IMO.

Billychaotic182
03-07-2019, 01:05 PM

As for the offender, I think the punishment is fine. Any talk of a life ban is just hyperbolic nonsense IMO.

He swung at him, doesnt matter if there was contact or not. You should never try and cause physical harm to anyone doing their job. Boy is ab idiot

DaveF
03-07-2019, 01:11 PM
He swung at him, doesnt matter if there was contact or not. You should never try and cause physical harm to anyone doing their job. Boy is ab idiot

Thats your view and I respect that though I don't agree. Opinions eh :-)

JimBHibees
03-07-2019, 01:17 PM
Totally agree.

Personally think there was sufficient doubt about what happened for the accused to query what he was being charged with to be honest. Can remember one of the Hibs fans in the final pleading guilty and he was hammered and also lost his job. Sometimes you need to questions the charge if sufficient doubt.

we are hibs
03-07-2019, 01:25 PM
Any word on the guy who pelted Lennon with a coin yet?

Seems to have been convienently brushed under the carpet. I wonder if it would have been the same had it happened in a Celtic rangers game? As for the hibs boy, he shouldn't have it but the hearts goalies defence is laughable. As was the way he went down.

Itsnoteasy
03-07-2019, 07:14 PM

Firstly you deem the punishment ok despite him having previous, with smoke bombs.
He would be as well going for the hat trick as there is not much deterrent.

As for the goalie he was given the 3rd degree by the lawyer in court accusing him of feigning injury.

Why does he deserve that, he was only doing his job & this repeat offender has raised his arms to him.

Can't remember the goalie inciting the crowd either.

Pretty Boy
03-07-2019, 07:18 PM
The guy shouldn't have swung an arm at the keeper. No one should be touching players at a game. For that he deserves all he got.

The keeper saying he wasn't 'pretending to be injured' is a liar.

Itsnoteasy
03-07-2019, 07:59 PM
The guy shouldn't have swung an arm at the keeper. No one should be touching players at a game. For that he deserves all he got.

I agree with you on both points. But the goalie should never have been put in that position.

JimBHibees
05-07-2019, 07:38 AM
Seems to have been convienently brushed under the carpet. I wonder if it would have been the same had it happened in a Celtic rangers game? As for the hibs boy, he shouldn't have it but the hearts goalies defence is laughable. As was the way he went down.

Does seem strange as you would assume there would be cameras covering that area and to me wouldnt be that difficult to at least locate the section where it came from and interview what you would assume were season ticket holders in that area? Hibs got very harshly criticised and probably rightly so for not picking up the muppet who threw the bottle in the celtic game why have Hearts not been similarly criticised especially when the same manager was physically assaulted at the same venue in the past.

MrRobot
05-07-2019, 08:07 AM

Agree. The keeper is a dirty, lying rat but the boy shouldnt have put his hands anywhere near him.

Not sure how he got away with a custodial sentence though when the boy that kicked the ball away got like 100 days?

Frazerbob
05-07-2019, 09:56 AM

Totally agree. He should’ve got more than a year’s ban.

Whilst we’re on the subject of fannies, what ever happened to the old racist boy who was caught on camera at the ER Derby?

EI255
05-07-2019, 10:01 AM
He is a cheat.

And to have the audacity to stand in court and say he was hit and checked for blood is utter tripe.

I hope he feels some sense of guilt after this. He should.

hibee316
05-07-2019, 10:02 AM
Thats your view and I respect that though I don't agree. Opinions eh :-)

Wow.

So, what job is it okay for you to take a swing at someone?
Bus driver? Lawyer? Traffic attendant?

cabbageandribs1875
05-07-2019, 10:08 AM
keeper was a cheat then, and a liar now, he should be ashamed of himself lying in court

lord bunberry
05-07-2019, 10:42 AM
Wow.

I remember seeing the video at the time and thinking that I couldn’t see anyone having a swing at him. The guy seemed to push his arm out like people do when they’re shouting at the football. It’s been a while since I’ve watched it so I might be wrong. The keepers reaction and subsequent lies in court are a disgrace.

Sudds_1
05-07-2019, 10:49 AM
Wow.

Boxing?😎

DaveF
05-07-2019, 11:21 AM
Wow.

No it isn't okay to do that but that was nothing like a swing and that's my problem with the whole episode. Let's hope 'Bobby' is never on a busy train or a lot of people could find themselves in court.

A Hi-Bee
05-07-2019, 12:03 PM
He is a cheat.

And to have the audacity to stand in court and say he was hit and checked for blood is utter tripe.

I hope he feels some sense of guilt after this. He should.

He is a hertz or ex hertz player of course he's a cheat, what else would you expect, the daft guy should not have made a gesture towards him but he is a cheat and how any judge could not see that is a bit of a worry.