PDA

View Full Version : Behaviour of Fans

wookie70
31-10-2018, 09:45 PM
I took my kids to the game tonight and it might be the last time they visit Tynecastle as children. They watched as a fan went on the pitch before the game and was tackled by a steward before a Hearts fan jumped out of the crowd and punched the other fan on the head. A single steward remained trying to get the first fan away with no help forthcoming from his colleagues or the Police.

From that point a couple of smoke bombs were thrown from the Hearts end and the next one came into the Hibs end section H and hit my daughter on the leg. We were in the back row of the lower "tier". She was fortunately unharmed physically but for the whole first half she was shaking although she bravely stayed to watch her team. The rest of the game was ruined for me as both sets of supporters hurled coin after coin and I was more concerned with making sure my kids faced away from the Hearts support and kept their eyes safe. On reflection i should have left the minute she was hit by the smoke bomb but we so rarely get a chance to go to Tynecastle as a family and the kids were desperate to support their team. I don't think it is any coincidence that some tube goading Hearts fans with a tricolour was stood right behind us a few minutes before the smoke bomb hit my daughter.

I have to comment on the Stewards who were completely useless for the first half of the game and not much better afterwards. The Police were even worse. The area of the ground we are in and the Bear pit with the wee Gorgie idiots is clearly a flash point area and the Police were completely absent until the well after the trouble started. I spoke to a Policeman and steward and asked if they could find us seats in another area when my daughter was still shaking and they went away and never returned to say they couldn't. Very poor and their typical take the money and don't get involved attitude stinks.

While the Hearts fans behaviour was appalling in that corner for the full game I can't exactly say our fans behaved much better. Countless fans stood behind us and let rip with some absolutely foul mouthed tirades with a 13 year old and 15 year old right underneath them. I saw countless coins thrown from our end and obviously their Keeper was assaulted too.

I will consider my next step when I have slept on it but I will be writing to Hearts, Hibs and the Police. Most of what happened tonight was entirely avoidable if proper Policing and Stewarding was in place. Yes, the odd coin may have came on but the total lack of interest by those Policing the game before the trouble started gave the morons a green light to continue and the behaviour deteriorated from those earlier incidents.

I hope anyone that threw a coin or smoke bomb or assaulted a player or fan is dealt with severely by their club and the Police and never welcomed back into a football ground again. We are very lucky no-one appears to have been seriously hurt tonight and I am very grateful to the fans around me, and to the gent who got rid of the smoke bomb in front of me for keeping my daughters spirits up. I am more grateful though that I walked back with two healthy kids who will only have a bruise , a scary memory and a horrible maroon stain on their clothing to show for their evening. It could have turned out to be a terrible night for my family so easily.

green day
31-10-2018, 09:48 PM
Not great, but unfortunately this match has turned quite nasty.

Hope the kids are ok.

Jones28
31-10-2018, 09:49 PM
Sorry to hear that Wookie, hope your daughter is ok and isn't put off football. Idiots on both sides should be banned.

Can't help but feel there is a real nastiness creeping into derbies.

James310
31-10-2018, 09:49 PM
Tynecastle and trips to Hampden always bring out the worst in our support. Hope the kids are OK and not put off going back to support the team.

gaz1875
31-10-2018, 09:50 PM
I took my kids to the game tonight and it might be the last time they visit Tynecastle as children. They watched as a fan went on the pitch before the game and was tackled by a steward before a Hearts fan jumped out of the crowd and punched the other fan on the head. A single steward remained trying to get the first fan away with no help forthcoming from his colleagues or the Police.

From that point a couple of smoke bombs were thrown from the Hearts end and the next one came into the Hibs end section H and hit my daughter on the leg. We were in the back row of the lower "tier". She was fortunately unharmed physically but for the whole first half she was shaking although she bravely stayed to watch her team. The rest of the game was ruined for me as both sets of supporters hurled coin after coin and I was more concerned with making sure my kids faced away from the Hearts support and kept their eyes safe. On reflection i should have left the minute she was hit by the smoke bomb but we so rarely get a chance to go to Tynecastle as a family and the kids were desperate to support their team. I don't think it is any coincidence that some tube goading Hearts fans with a tricolour was stood right behind us a few minutes before the smoke bomb hit my daughter.

I have to comment on the Stewards who were completely useless for the first half of the game and not much better afterwards. The Police were even worse. The area of the ground we are in and the Bear pit with the wee Gorgie idiots is clearly a flash point area and the Police were completely absent until the well after the trouble started. I spoke to a Policeman and steward and asked if they could find us seats in another area when my daughter was still shaking and they went away and never returned to say they couldn't. Very poor and their typical take the money and don't get involved attitude stinks.

While the Hearts fans behaviour was appalling in that corner for the full game I can't exactly say our fans behaved much better. Countless fans stood behind us and let rip with some absolutely foul mouthed tirades with a 13 year old and 15 year old right underneath them. I saw countless coins thrown from our end and obviously their Keeper was assaulted too.

I will consider my next step when I have slept on it but I will be writing to Hearts, Hibs and the Police. Most of what happened tonight was entirely avoidable if proper Policing and Stewarding was in place. Yes, the odd coin may have came on but the total lack of interest by those Policing the game before the trouble started gave the morons a green light to continue and the behaviour deteriorated from those earlier incidents.

I hope anyone that threw a coin or smoke bomb or assaulted a player or fan is dealt with severely by their club and the Police and never welcomed back into a football ground again. We are very lucky no-one appears to have been seriously hurt tonight and I am very grateful to the fans around me, and to the gent who got rid of the smoke bomb in front of me for keeping my daughters spirits up. I am more grateful though that I walked back with two healthy kids who will only have a bruise , a scary memory and a horrible maroon stain on their clothing to show for their evening. It could have turned out to be a terrible night for my family so easily.

I attend that **** hole very frequently for most of your reasons, but do you seriously think their keeper was assaulted?

itslegaltender
31-10-2018, 09:51 PM
Horrendous reading, this game now at Tynecastle is not for kids. Horrible to say, but its not.

Ringothedog
31-10-2018, 09:51 PM

I would have walked out of the stadium if I was ever in fear of my kids safety

K.Marx
31-10-2018, 09:52 PM
I’m all for rowdy atmospheres but you felt that a goal at either end and it could of really kicked off tonight. Wonder if the police will stop this run of evening derby kick offs.

Saturday 5:30pm for the next one. Good grief!

TheHarpy76
31-10-2018, 09:52 PM
Both clubs can expect a hefty fine. Hopefully all the idiots that have embarrassed their clubs get weeded out and banned.

I’m glad the OP’s daughter wasn’t badly hurt.

Skol
31-10-2018, 09:53 PM
I was in a similar position at the other side and you had to have one eye on the game and one on the missiles. A few near misses and saw a few people being hit. Loads of police and stewards taking no interest. There were things chucked from our end also, but not as much.

Golden Bear
31-10-2018, 09:54 PM

That's horrendous. Glad your kids survived the ordeal which it obviously was. Even from the TV, you could sense the atmosphere was poisonous throughout.

villahibs
31-10-2018, 09:54 PM
I attend that **** hole very frequently for most of your reasons, but do you seriously think their keeper was assaulted?

Maybe a whoosh moment.... but aye, their keeper was assaulted.

LeithMike
31-10-2018, 09:55 PM

I hope anyone that threw a coin or smoke bomb or assaulted a player or fan is dealt with severely by their club and the Police and never welcomed back into a football ground again. We are very lucky no-one appears to have been seriously hurt tonight and I am very grateful to the fans around me, and to the gent who got rid of the smoke bomb in front of me for keeping my daughters spirits up. I am more grateful though that I walked back with two healthy kids who will only have a bruise , a scary memory and a horrible maroon stain on their clothing to show for their evening. It could have turned out to be a terrible night for my family so easily.Not surprised about the Lennon and GK incidents. I was sat down the front left as well and counted 8 missiles thrown into the Hibs end, including the glass bottle. Not sure at what point the plentiful supply of police would think it was time to take preventative action. They just allow the stuff to go on so not surprised that some people go to far. Far from enjoyable.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
31-10-2018, 09:55 PM
Was in same area behaviour of both sets of fans was a joke. Most seemed about 16 and wanting to be kid on old firm fans. The amount of fans allowed to stand in walkways was a joke also

Pete
31-10-2018, 09:56 PM
We’ll be watching derbies through netting and behind fences soon.

hibbytam
Both clubs can expect a hefty fine. Hopefully all the idiots that have embarrassed their clubs get weeded out and banned.

There's no liability on the clubs.

wookie70
I attend that **** hole very frequently for most of your reasons, but do you seriously think their keeper was assaulted? According to both Managers he was as were both assistant referees who were hit with projectiles.

Del Boy
31-10-2018, 09:57 PM
Both clubs deserve heavy fines and both sets of supporters have let themselves down badly. The Number of morons throwing coins into groups of people is absolutely sickening. Totally moronic. If A coin hits a young child on the head there could be tragic consequences. Complete idiots wish they would all **** off.

calumhibee1
31-10-2018, 09:57 PM
I think I saw you and your daughter, wasn’t sure what had happened but could have an easy enough guess. Last game I was there a lassie got hit or nearly hit with a bottle of Buckfast in near enough the exact same seat.

The boys standing on the walkway behind you were ridiculous and probably half the reason it happened. Police told them to sit down at least 10 times, they take a few steps back then wander back to do it all again while myself and others in the first two rows behind them can’t see a thing inside the box at our end. Watching adults stand there acting the hard man when they know they’re going to get nowhere near the person they’re threatening is tragic.

Hiber-nation
31-10-2018, 09:58 PM
That was the worst for a while. Lighters, coins, juice cartons, on and on it went. Stewards and police do nothing so they keep on doing it. This is our fans I'm taking about by the way.

Sprouleflyer
31-10-2018, 09:58 PM
Got to feel it for the kids, very scary moments.

That said, it has been like that since the 70’s with fans paggering at the corner of the shed at the old Tynecastle.

Not trying to belittle what happened tonight, but not surprised at what happened.

gaz1875
31-10-2018, 09:59 PM
According to both Managers he was as were both assistant referees who were hit with projectiles.

They could see it from the dugouts right enough when you barely notice any contact from slow motion cameras.

Hibs4185
31-10-2018, 10:00 PM
Tynecastle is not fit for purpose. The first few rows of every stand should not be sold and covered over so fans are not so close to the field of play and each other. It’s the only solution.

Brightside
31-10-2018, 10:00 PM
Both clubs deserve heavy fines and both sets of supporters have let themselves down badly. The Number of morons throwing coins into groups of people is absolutely sickening. Totally moronic. If A coin hits a young child on the head there could be tragic consequences. Complete idiots wish they would all **** off.

Totally agree with the OP. I’m sick of people coming to games steaming and pissing all over the toilets. Some people are just disgusting.

Robbo6-2
31-10-2018, 10:01 PM
That was the worst I've seen it tonight. Guys openly snorting coke in the toilets, majority of folk were smashed.

Some of our songs at the minute are absolute embarrassing. Wishing Rudi Scakel to die in his sleep from a bullet from the IRA. Wtf is that all about.

One about Levine having a dodgy organ and the new Mercer song. It really is cringe worthy stuff.

wookie70
I would have walked out of the stadium if I was ever in fear of my kids safety

I was close to doing so but for the first half I was still living in hope that the Police may have been able to get us somewhere else to sit. I decided that I would keep my eyes out for missiles and be alert to any danger. as well as that why should my kids be denied the opportunity to watch their team by these ********s. I like to stand up for what I think is right and teach my kids to do the same.

The Modfather
I was in the 4th row closest to the new stand and that’s the worst I’ve ever seen it at Tynecastle.

A full GLASS bottle of buckfast was thrown into the Hibs end as well as 7 flares. 2 of which landed in amongst us. The police huddled in the corner may well catch the perpetrators on CCTV but they had no desire to do anything to prevent what was a constant stream of issues throughout the game.

hibs4life
31-10-2018, 10:02 PM
Sad it was such a unsettling experience for you Wookie.
Some real morons come to the fore in our support at Tynecastle.
I was behind the goal but didn't see the goalie 'incident' but did see fans spitting at their keeper and spewing vitriol at him. It seems some think that to support your team you need to show aggression and violence to the opposition and their fans. It's a really poisonous atmosphere at Tynecastle these days and some seem to embrace and copy elements of the Glasgow derby. Shameful behaviour from some.

K.Marx
31-10-2018, 10:03 PM
I was in the 4th row closest to the new stand and that’s the worst I’ve ever seen it at Tynecastle.

A full GLASS bottle of buckfast was thrown into the Hibs end as well as 7 flares. 2 of which landed in amongst us. The police huddled in the corner may well catch the perpetrators on CCTV but they had no desire to do anything to prevent what was a constant stream of issues throughout the game.

Police were hiding behind the stewards and letting them take all the stick from the fans. They just kept alluding to having CCTV without actually doing anything to stop things being thrown. Useless.

tamig
Sorry to say this but Tynecastle and Ibrox are absolutely no places to take kids imo. I never did it with mine and would never recommend anyone else to do so.

Leith Green

I was in the seat next your daughter mate. Lucky nobody in our section was badly hurt with all the objects thrown , and the same in the hearts end. The young laddie in the hearts end that got hit with something from the hibs end had me wondering exactly what the point is in people throwing objects into a crowd of people. Its just a strange thing for a fully grown adult to be doing.

JimBHibees
31-10-2018, 10:04 PM
Tynecastle is not fit for purpose. The first few rows of every stand should not be sold and covered over so fans are not so close to the field of play and each other. It’s the only solution.

Agree totally too close to players and opposition fans.

itslegaltender
31-10-2018, 10:04 PM
It does feel like their has been an escalation of violent acts. Heard a flare was chucked into Hibs end early on and then smoke bombs fired over from both sides. Someone is going to get really hurt here before we all calm the **** down.

neil7908
31-10-2018, 10:05 PM
I hope both clubs are on the CCTV looking for the culprits. If you throw a coin you should be getting done big time. I haven't been to Tynecastle for a while as thruthly, I just can't be bothered with the aggro. It's not a pleasant experience and I fear it's going to take something very serious happening before anything changes.

Dancehibs
31-10-2018, 10:05 PM
Police were hiding behind the stewards and letting them take all the stick from the fans. They just kept alluding to having CCTV without actually doing anything to stop things being thrown. Useless.
I heard a policeman tell a female
hibs fan who had a problem and say he wasn’t responsible for the crowd . It’s a stwerds job

ian cruise
31-10-2018, 10:07 PM

It's on the TV footage, hard to tell how much of an impact but at least one fan takes a swing and certainly looks to connect. Terrible behaviour, absolutely no excuse for a anyone to be attacked at their work. The guys worst crime is he plays for Hearts, he's not even a panto baddie like Rudi was (not that attacking Rudi would have been acceptable) so I'm not sure why someone got so wound up that they felt the need to take a swing. Even if he was winding up the crowd, it can't have been any worse than Neil does.

Poor show to those fans in the front, you've let us down.

wookie70
31-10-2018, 10:07 PM
Sorry to say this but Tynecastle and Ibrox are absolutely no places to take kids imo. I never did it with mine and would never recommend anyone else to do so.

I have taken my son to quite a few derbies at Tynecastle pretty much without incident. I thought my daugher at 13 was now old enough to take too. Tonight was a completely different experience and I will not be returning unless I can get tickets up the back and well away from idiots throwing things. Why should kids not be able to enjoy the game. I did when I was their age and it was a good deal worse back then.

I'd far rather say football is no place for the **** that throw missiles and smokebombs.

JimBHibees
31-10-2018, 10:08 PM
Was in ground early and incredible when a Hibs fan vaulted the fence then throws punches at the young hearts neds. Absolute joke.

Jones28
31-10-2018, 10:08 PM
As others have said the tension between two sets of certain sections of supporters is getting worse and feel like it could take something awful before things change.

The Tubs
31-10-2018, 10:09 PM
Got to feel it for the kids, very scary moments.

That said, it has been like that since the 70’s with fans paggering at the corner of the shed at the old Tinecastle.

Not trying to belittle what happened tonight, but not surprised at what happened.

Dunno about that. When I was 13 or so, I would go to tynie on the terracing at the gorgie road end with my brother or pals at the beginning of the nineties and there was never bother inside the ground.

Even a a few years back, in the roseburn end, when I attended regularly, people didn’t lob coins.

JimBHibees
I have taken my son to quite a few derbies at Tynecastle pretty much without incident. I thought my daugher at 13 was now old enough to take too. Tonight was a completely different experience and I will not be returning unless I can get tickets up the back and well away from idiots throwing things. Why should kids not be able to enjoy the game. I did when I was their age and it was a good deal worse back then.

I'd far rather say football is no place for the **** that throw missiles and smokebombs.

Nail on the head.

gaz1875
It's on the TV footage, hard to tell how much of an impact but at least one fan takes a swing and certainly looks to connect. Terrible behaviour, absolutely no excuse for a anyone to be attacked at their work. The guys worst crime is he plays for Hearts, he's not even a panto baddie like Rudi was (not that attacking Rudi would have been acceptable) so I'm not sure why someone got so wound up that they felt the need to take a swing. Even if he was winding up the crowd, it can't have been any worse than Neil does.

Poor show to those fans in the front, you've let us down.

A swing? you need to watch it again.

Forza Fred
31-10-2018, 10:11 PM
That was the worst I've seen it tonight. Guys openly snorting coke in the toilets, majority of folk were smashed.

Some of our songs at the minute are absolute embarrassing. Wishing Rudi Scakel to die in his sleep from a bullet from the IRA. Wtf is that all about.

One about Levine having a dodgy organ and the new Mercer song. It really is cringe worthy stuff.

Your user name suggests you may have been a different end to most of the Hibs supporters...

My_Wife_Camille
31-10-2018, 10:12 PM
I thought the behaviour of the Hibernian support was absolutely impeccable throughout.

Doh Rae Me
31-10-2018, 10:13 PM
Wookie you're a top bloke, hope your daughter isn't put off football. Keep the faith.
GGTTH

wookie70
31-10-2018, 10:13 PM
Was in ground early and incredible when a Hibs fan vaulted the fence then throws punches at the young hearts neds. Absolute joke.

That is what kicked it all off and the stewards and Police should have been massed around that area. They never arrived until countless coins and a good few smoke bombs had been thrown and did nothing to stop it when they did. A Hearts fans took a coin in the face and had to be led away but I am 99% certain he had thrown one not that much before hand so hard to have too much sympathy.

TheCabbage
31-10-2018, 10:14 PM
Very poisonous tonight.
Both sets of wannabe hard men need to take a look at themselves

Radium
31-10-2018, 10:15 PM

In the absence of strict liability nothing will happen.

It should but it won’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diclonius
31-10-2018, 10:16 PM
Budge and Dempster should threaten to cut the away allocation at derbies (or even ban away fans) if the ***** we saw tonight is repeated. That'll sort out the idiots on both sides.

Tonight was the first time I was genuinely appalled by the behaviour of both fans. Every time one of their guys comes up for a corner you have some ****head thinking it's acceptable to chuck **** at a guy who at the end of the day is doing his job. Then there's their kid Nazis chucking smoke bombs at us before the game even starts, and one of our guys coming on and trying to fight them.

I won't even start on the goalkeeper and Lennon incidents.

If you either come to the football solely to start a fight with someone or can't control yourself, then stay the **** home.

Hulk1875
According to both Managers he was as were both assistant referees who were hit with projectiles.

Bottom left of our I stand was we’re I was linesman got hit with a bovril which i thinks a disgrace, then we were hit with one of the Many smoke bombs

One Day Soon
A swing? you need to watch it again.

It's quite hard to tell what he's trying to do.

On the one hand he's thrown the ball down in front of the keeper trying to make a fool of him and it looks a bit like what happens next is just the follow though of his arm making contact - almost accidentally. The keeper then embarrasses himself hamming it up ridiculously.

On the other hand I'm not convinced the arm needs to follow through into the caress - and it is a caress, not a punch - that he makes. Either way the keeper still makes a fool of himself.

And whatever is the case no-one should be making contact with a player.

TheMentalHibees
31-10-2018, 10:17 PM
These games are becoming more and more about what happens off the park than on it. Fair few of the fans in either end couldn’t give a toss about the football, just interested in winding each other up and causing trouble.

tamig
31-10-2018, 10:18 PM

Thats part of the problem with the scrap for tickets there. We take anything we can get. I was a few rows behind the incident last season where a glass bottle was thrown from the Wheatfield into our end. I just thought, WTF is it coming to here. I love the atmosphere in our end but if you’re unlucky enough to be in the seats at either side of the stand you need to keep your wits about you.

Diclonius
31-10-2018, 10:19 PM
There were guys before the came who came down the the barrier, took out not one but TWO tricolours, and then proceeded to scream abuse as loud as they could at the Union Jack-waving kids in the corner of the other stand. What is that all about? What's the point?

One Day Soon
31-10-2018, 10:19 PM

'And the whole hipster cafe burst into applause...'

Chuck Rhoades
31-10-2018, 10:20 PM
Clearly half the folk with a problem here weren’t at the match tonight.

Cut the allocations? Have a word with yourself FFS.

Robbo6-2
31-10-2018, 10:21 PM
Your user name suggests you may have been a different end to most of the Hibs supporters...

I can assure you I was in the Hibs end.

End of the day I've been backed up with a lot of folk in here. You can't seriously say you want to go to a Hibs game and listen to fans signing they wish Rudi Scakel dies in his sleep from a bullet from the ira??

One Day Soon
31-10-2018, 10:24 PM

End of the day I've been backed up with a lot of folk in here. You can't seriously say you want to go to a Hibs game and listen to fans signing they wish Rudi Scakel dies in his sleep from a bullet from the ira??

I don't know who Mr Scakel is but if people were just signing their views on him as you suggest than at least no-one would be having to listen to whatever they were trying to communicate.

Dancehibs
31-10-2018, 10:26 PM
Idiots from upper tier launching cups of juice and soaking fellow hibs fans

Radium
31-10-2018, 10:26 PM

We were in the upper section behind you and it was as bad as I have seen at a match. Hope everyone is okay.

Maybe time for both clubs to take this on. Don’t sell the bottom corners, fit CCTV that actually catches people and be very public in banning them.

Before reading this I had already agreed with my laddie that if the only tickets available are in either bottom corner we will simply not go.

Springbank
31-10-2018, 10:27 PM

i was sitting near you, and saw all the above.

happy to back you up.

My tuppence worth? i think hearts should be made to not sell the lower block seats in the first 8 Rows between the corner to the 18 yard line in the wheatfield until théy can show théy have a stadium that is safe.

tonight was not on.

SideBurns
31-10-2018, 10:34 PM
Dunno about that. When I was 13 or so, I would go to tynie on the terracing at the gorgie road end with my brother or pals at the beginning of the nineties and there was never bother inside the ground.

Even a a few years back, in the roseburn end, when I attended regularly, people didn’t lob coins.

I was the same. The great thing about the old Gorgie End was it was so big you could stand where you liked; if you wanted to be in amongst the 'singing and dancing' crew directly behind the goal you could, but there was plenty room either side if you didn't want to get involved. The hatred seems to be growing and, frankly, it saddens me. I hope I'm not wearing the green-tinted specs when I say their bampots are worse than ours (I'm thinking in particular about the Diet Hun crap), but the Mercer song is brutal and I hope the new Skacel one referred to earlier (which I've never heard before) doesn't catch on.

From what I'm hearing about tonight, I'm delighted I didnae manage to get tickets.

Sir David Gray
31-10-2018, 10:36 PM
I didn't see the Zlamal incident but if it's true that he was punched then that is absolutely inexcusable and I hope the person responsible is found and dealt with severely. That behaviour cannot be condoned by any right minded individual. Get these people as far away from the game as possible. They're not football fans, they're thugs.

Silky
31-10-2018, 10:37 PM
There were guys before the came who came down the the barrier, took out not one but TWO tricolours, and then proceeded to scream abuse as loud as they could at the Union Jack-waving kids in the corner of the other stand. What is that all about? What's the point?

There seems to be a cohort of what can only be described as ********s who appear to have infiltrated the away support and appear at most away matches. There have been comments about them on threads on here before. Don't know what, if anything can be done, but some of the behaviour is poor to say the least.

Jamesie
31-10-2018, 10:39 PM
Weirdest trip I’ve had to Tynecastle in years.

It started when myself and two friends were dropped off by our Uber on Gorgie Road and were walking towards the away end.

Straight from work so still suited and booted and I had a Hibs tie on while we all had our scarves on. Some young Jambo neds start singing the “Billy Boys” at us as we get closer to the ground only for a Hearts official to appear and start apologising profusely to us for the incident - a bit unexpected!

Then as we approached the Hibs end with the large queue one of my friends - who was walking with a crutch- was immediately spotted by a steward and called over, only for the three of us to be given a queue jump!

All in all some unexpected moments, but the most poisonous atmosphere I can recall in many years at Tynie.

31-10-2018, 10:42 PM
I went to ibrox and Tynecastle as a kid when it was a lot worse than it is now. I quite enjoyed the tribalism and still do. Not sure what folk expect.

green day
31-10-2018, 10:46 PM
Do we get these issues at Easter Road?

Even if Hibs fans did daft stuff (and they did) Hearts are ultimately responsible because they have a tiny wee tight stadium which encourages the tubes on either side.

Vini1875
31-10-2018, 10:46 PM
If I had young kids under 13 I would not take them to tynie or ibrox. It is nowhere as bad as the 70s, but the atmosphere is still one of hatred. A lot of young men, alcohol, coke and testerone makes a potential outbreak of serious trouble seem very likely.

My daughter went to all games with me when she was younger but I didn't take her to those games until she could understand what was going on.

Smartie
31-10-2018, 10:54 PM
I missed the last couple of derbies at Tynecastle because I'd not really enjoyed the few before that.

Sadly I hated that game from start to finish. From the hassle getting into the ground, to the terrible football to the abominable refereeing to the poor crowd behaviour it was just the pits.

Then we hold out for a creditable draw and I trundle home quite happy.

My partner sent me a picture of our 7 month old daughter in her Hibs baby grow during the first half and I really wished I was in the house with the pair of them. I always thought football (which I have enjoyed watching over the years) would be something I'd want to share with my kids, but I don't honestly know if I want to subject my kids to that. I hate the idea of my daughter being near the front and near either end of that stand and being fair game for ****wits chucking coins, lighters and smoke bombs at each other whilst the police watch.

31-10-2018, 11:00 PM

This kind of story is exactly why I don't take my 11 year old football daft daughter to Tynecastle. It's so depressing to see coin after coin, flares and utterly shameful abuse go back and forth between the two sets of supporters. I'm all for a healthy rivalry and a bit of winding-up between rival supporters but some of the stuff I saw and heard from my seat in section M tonight was disgraceful. I've also recently observed Hibs & Hearts fans get involved in whataboutery *****e that previously was only witnessed between OF fans.

Surely we can do better than this as a support?

Wookie - hope the kids aren't too shaken up mate and they make it back to support their team soon.

Carheenlea
31-10-2018, 11:01 PM
I left Tynecastle tonight thinking it was one of the tamer affairs there, so this thread is quite alarming. You can only go with your own experiences, and for us there was nothing of note to report, but that so many have is pretty concerning. I won’t be taking my young kids to Tynecastle any time soon that’s for sure.

calumhibee1
31-10-2018, 11:06 PM
I left Tynecastle tonight thinking it was one of the tamer affairs there, so this thread is quite alarming. You can only go with your own experiences, and for us there was nothing of note to report, but that so many have is pretty concerning. I won’t be taking my young kids to Tynecastle any time soon that’s for sure.

Probably just depends where you sit. If you’re in the middle of the stand you’re alright. If you’re in the bottom tier on either side then it’s horrendous. I was just outside the area where all the trouble was occurring and watching it all unfold was horrendous.

Fife-Hibee
31-10-2018, 11:07 PM
If you're going to take your kids to these games, then there's no point having seats that make you and your kids an open target then complaining about it later.

No, these things shouldn't happen, but they do in these games. Either pick safer seats, or avoid taking your kids there altogether.

Mr Grieves
31-10-2018, 11:08 PM

That's not the point. Folk should take responsibility for their actions. Just because you're close to the pitch does t mean you've got the right to lose your ****

wookie70
31-10-2018, 11:08 PM

If you are in the centre of the stand it would probably be pretty uneventful. The bottom corner I was in was far from uneventful and was scary at times. Perhaps kids tickets could be sold in a designated area. I just don't accept that kids should not have an opportunity to go to games like this. They have attended pretty much every home game during their childhood and have been to a good few away games. Why should the morons on both sides stop them supporting their team. That being said they won't be going to the bottom tier and Tynecastle again for a good while.

Sir David Gray
31-10-2018, 11:09 PM
Last season I was sitting quite close to the Wheatfield stand and came within a few feet of a buckfast bottle which was thrown from the home end. Tonight I was sitting behind the goal so I was outwith the problem area but I'm not surprised that people were hit by objects on either side.

Mr Grieves
31-10-2018, 11:10 PM
If you're going to take your kids to these games, then there's no point having seats that make you and your kids an open target then complaining about it later.

No, these things shouldn't happen, but they do in these games. Either pick safer seats, or avoid taking your kids there altogether.

That is absolute pish and completely missing the point. No seat should be unsafe for anyone.

wookie70
31-10-2018, 11:15 PM

Sorry, that is just ridiculous. I apologise for my daughter sitting in the way of their target area.

lord bunberry
31-10-2018, 11:24 PM
I thought the behaviour of the Hibernian support was absolutely impeccable throughout.
As always my friend

wookie70
31-10-2018, 11:24 PM
**** off mate. What do you want from an away game at Tynecastle? I wouldn’t take a child to an away derby and I would think long and hard about taking a child to a home derby. Why don’t you write a letter to yourself asking why you thought it was a good idea to take your kids to a game that would most likely involve a hostile crowd and confrontation.
Either go to the game and get on with it or don’t bother. Coming on here and stating the obvious after putting your own kids in the firing line is at best annoying.
Peace out

I can't understand this attitude. Is football an 18 plus event now. I attended a football match never stuck them in the middle of a war zone. We were in an all seated stadium with hundreds of police and stewards in attendance. Smoke bombs are illegal at grounds and it would only be a moron that would take one yet alone throw one into a crowded area. I despair at football fans sometimes.

I'll tell you what I want at Tynecastle. I want to be able to take me and my kids to support our team. I want them to sing their hearts out and give the players their support. I expect they will hear some language and some morons will says things that are completely out of order but that can be explained and dealt with. I don't expect significant number of fans to behave the way they did and for me it is them that should think long and hard about attending games not me or my family. Sorry to have annoyed you by taking my kids to support our, and presumably, your team

calumhibee1
31-10-2018, 11:25 PM
**** off mate. What do you want from an away game at Tynecastle? I wouldn’t take a child to an away derby and I would think long and hard about taking a child to a home derby. Why don’t you write a letter to yourself asking why you thought it was a good idea to take your kids to a game that would most likely involve a hostile crowd and confrontation.
Either go to the game and get on with it or don’t bother. Coming on here and stating the obvious after putting your own kids in the firing line is at best annoying.
Peace out

Utterly ridiculous.

Chip shop Joe
31-10-2018, 11:30 PM
[QUOTE=lord bunberry;5591737]**** off mate. What do you want from an away game at Tynecastle? I wouldn’t take a child to an away derby and I would think long and hard about taking a child to a home derby. Why don’t you write a letter to yourself asking why you thought it was a good idea to take your kids to a game that would most likely involve a hostile crowd and confrontation.
Peace

Have a word with yourself.

tamig
31-10-2018, 11:31 PM
I can't understand this attitude. Is football an 18 plus event now. I attended a football match never stuck them in the middle of a war zone. We were in an all seated stadium with hundreds of police and stewards in attendance. Smoke bombs are illegal at grounds and it would only be a moron that would take one yet alone throw one into a crowded area. I despair at football fans sometimes.

I'll tell you what I want at Tynecastle. I want to be able to take me and my kids to support our team. I want them to sing their hearts out and give the players their support. I expect they will hear some language and some morons will says things that are completely out of order but that can be explained and dealt with. I don't expect significant number of fans to behave the way they did and for me it is them that should think long and hard about attending games not me or my family. Sorry to have annoyed you by taking my kids to support our, and presumably, your team
I think LBs response was a bit OTT but I do share some of his sentiments. There is always at least an element of coin throwing at Tynecastle and has been for a while. You need to recognise things like that before you decide if you want to go or decide who you want to take with you. In an ideal world it shouldn’t have to be like that. Unfortunately thats the reality of the situation though.

FRes Hibbie
31-10-2018, 11:32 PM
The hibs end at tynecastle can be a bear pit and there's lots of bad behaviour from it and the nearby hearts ends. This is not news, especially for an experienced hibee. That doesn't make it right but let's not act like it's a surprise. If you want to change things and stamp it out then fill your boots trying but in the meantime acting offended when things get heated is bollocks. It's not a place for kids and hasn't been in my living memory.

wookie70
31-10-2018, 11:36 PM
I think LBs response was a bit OTT but I do share some of his sentiments. There is always at least an element of coin throwing at Tynecastle and has been for a while. You need to recognise things like that before you decide if you want to go or decide who you want to take with you. In an ideal world it shouldn’t have to be like that. Unfortunately thats the reality of the situation though.

You are probably as likely to get hit with a fast moving ball from a wayward shot in the designated kids area at ER than a coin at Tynecastle in a normal Derby game. It was way over the top tonight and far worse than it has been for as long as I can remember. Life is a risk and to me it is perfectly reasonable to take kids to a highly policed event. Should I stop my lad from playing football and rugby too as that is far more likely to cause him injury.

lord bunberry
31-10-2018, 11:39 PM

Let’s get one thing clear before I make my main point, I don’t think that your expectations of what you expect from a derby at Tynie are wrong. The point I’m making is what we expect and what is likely to happen are two different things. I would never consider taking my child to Tynecastle because I know what it’s likely to be like . Surely you’ve been to Tynecastle before and expirenced the atmosphere. I have done many times and wouldn’t dream of taking children there. When I think my daughter is ready I’ll take her, and I won’t come on here and complain about the behaviour of other fans.
Maybe you should take more responsibility for your own actions before having a go at others. I mean that in constructive manner💚💚💚💚

wookie70
31-10-2018, 11:39 PM

I must have been to Tynecastle 40 or 50 times. I know the score. It was way worse tonight than normal. Yes there are always a few coins but tonight was a completely different level. I have taken my lad to 2 or 3 derbies at Tynecastle without issue in the last few years. Maybe Hearts should have 20 year old ball boys too!

lord bunberry
31-10-2018, 11:40 PM
Utterly ridiculous.
Why is it ridiculous?

lord bunberry
31-10-2018, 11:43 PM
[QUOTE=lord bunberry;5591737]**** off mate. What do you want from an away game at Tynecastle? I wouldn’t take a child to an away derby and I would think long and hard about taking a child to a home derby. Why don’t you write a letter to yourself asking why you thought it was a good idea to take your kids to a game that would most likely involve a hostile crowd and confrontation.
Peace

Have a word with yourself.
Which word would you like?

tamig
31-10-2018, 11:44 PM
You are probably as likely to get hit with a fast moving ball from a wayward shot in the designated kids area at ER than a coin at Tynecastle in a normal Derby game. It was way over the top tonight and far worse than it has been for as long as I can remember. Life is a risk and to me it is perfectly reasonable to take kids to a highly policed event. Should I stop my lad from playing football and rugby too as that is far more likely to cause him injury.
Whats a normal derby? If youre at either end of that stand youre in the firing line. Its been like that for a while but seems to be getting worse. Sadly. You decide what you want your kids to do but if there’s violence at a game and your kids get caught in the crossfire thats a risk you need to weigh up before buying tickets. I’d loved to have taken my kids to Ibrox or Tynecastle when they were younger but always refused to do so. The comparison to playing sport is quite ridiculous incidentally.

lord bunberry
31-10-2018, 11:50 PM
Whats a normal derby? If youre at either end of that stand youre in the firing line. Its been like that for a while but seems to be getting worse. Sadly. You decide what you want your kids to do but if there’s violence at a game and your kids get caught in the crossfire thats a risk you need to weigh up before buying tickets. I’d loved to have taken my kids to Ibrox or Tynecastle when they were younger but always refused to do so. The comparison to playing sport is quite ridiculous incidentally.
Well said. Me my fiancée and my daughter have season tickets, but as a parent I have to decide when it’s not appropriate for my daughter not to attend. It’s all well and good preaching about what should happen, but the reality dictates that sometimes the wee one stays at home. It might not be popular, but it’s the right thing to do.

JOD
31-10-2018, 11:52 PM
This whole post is nonsense every Hibs fan is a season ticket holder and is traceable by the club so what is the issue???? Misbehave and get punished
Simple stuff 😷

dp00
31-10-2018, 11:53 PM
What I don’t understand is... I arrived 7 oclock and everyone was getting searched and patted down . My mate arrived at 7:35 and there was no searches taking place. It’s not rocket science that the folk with smoke bombs etc will most likely be arriving late

Add to the fact police are just standing watching flares being lit and thrown, same with coins . This just means people think they can get away with it. There needs to be a show of force from the police . if people see the police getting in the crowd and dragging out the people who are doing this then it would make the next person think. Instead nothing happens

wookie70
31-10-2018, 11:54 PM

Why, playing a contact sport has an element of risk. My son has been hurt a number of times and I have seen some serious injuries at Rugby. There is a risk, you weigh it up, and make your decision. Football is a fairly safe place to take kids. Yes a Derby is higher risk but it is still fairly unusual for anyone to be seriously hurt at a football ground while minding their own business. I accept that the language etc will be OTT be that can be discussed and explained. I realise that objects may be thrown but I never expected the level of missiles tonight and I haven't missed a derby for a good few years and sat down the from on a few occasions. My own experience is the odd coin being thrown, that is before tonight's experience

31-10-2018, 11:55 PM
The west stand and derby hibs support won’t be missed at the next away game.

Dashing Bob S
31-10-2018, 11:55 PM
I went to ibrox and Tynecastle as a kid when it was a lot worse than it is now. I quite enjoyed the tribalism and still do. Not sure what folk expect.

I agree that it was far worse back in the old terracing days. But people do expect it to be better now and, let’s face it, it’s never been great but it has deteriorated of late. I can see someone getting seriously hurt at a derby soon.

I’ve never been comfortable taking young kids to Tynecastle or Ibrox but I agree that in this day and age they should be able to attend without being fearful or their safety being compromised. It’s outrageous that a young girl should be physically shaking with fear through attending a sporting event.

Col_0762
31-10-2018, 11:56 PM

Spot on. It’s a derby. It’s meant to be crazy!

Mantis Toboggan
31-10-2018, 11:57 PM
This whole post is nonsense every Hibs fan is a season ticket holder and is traceable by the club so what is the issue???? Misbehave and get punished
Simple stuff 😷

Doubt it's that easy mate. Would require decent policing for a start.

wookie70
31-10-2018, 11:58 PM
Well said. Me my fiancée and my daughter have season tickets, but as a parent I have to decide when it’s not appropriate for my daughter not to attend. It’s all well and good preaching about what should happen, but the reality dictates that sometimes the wee one stays at home. It might not be popular, but it’s the right thing to do.

Apologies for my parenting choices. My daughter is 13 and not much younger than some of the twats throwing stuff. Perhaps there parents should be the ones making better choices. I think I should probably make this my last reply as I feel almost as attacked on here as I did at the ground. Keep safe.

Mantis Toboggan
31-10-2018, 11:59 PM
I agree that it was far worse back in the old terracing days. But people do expect it to be better now and, let’s face it, it’s never been great but it has deteriorated of late. I can see someone getting seriously hurt at a derby soon.

I’ve never been comfortable taking young kids to Tynecastle or Ibrox but I agree that in this day and age they should be able to attend without being fearful or their safety being compromised. It’s outrageous that a young girl should be physically shaking with fear through attending a sporting event.

You would indeed hope that we would be living in a more civilised age. But that's sadly not the case in an ever growing number of ways

01-11-2018, 12:00 AM
Apologies for my parenting choices. My daughter is 13 and not much younger than some of the twats throwing stuff. Perhaps there parents should be the ones making better choices. I think I should probably make this my last reply as I feel almost as attacked on here as I did at the ground. Keep safe.

Parent of the year spotted.

CMurdoch
01-11-2018, 12:03 AM
What I don’t understand is... I arrived 7 oclock and everyone was getting searched and patted down . My mate arrived at 7:35 and there was no searches taking place. It’s not rocket science that the folk with smoke bombs etc will most likely be arriving late

Add to the fact police are just standing watching flares being lit and thrown, same with coins . This just means people think they can get away with it. There needs to be a show of force from the police . if people see the police getting in the crowd and dragging out the people who are doing this then it would make the next person think. Instead nothing happens

Me thinks the Police will be viewing all the CCTV for the next few weeks and with the help of both clubs ticketing databases, lots of folk will be getting the big visit.
Hope they catch lots of ****wits.

tamig
01-11-2018, 12:05 AM
Why, playing a contact sport has an element of risk. My son has been hurt a number of times and I have seen some serious injuries at Rugby. There is a risk, you weigh it up, and make your decision. Football is a fairly safe place to take kids. Yes a Derby is higher risk but it is still fairly unusual for anyone to be seriously hurt at a football ground while minding their own business. I accept that the language etc will be OTT be that can be discussed and explained. I realise that objects may be thrown but I never expected the level of missiles tonight and I haven't missed a derby for a good few years and sat down the from on a few occasions. My own experience is the odd coin being thrown, that is before tonight's experience
I played rugby and football myself. My lad plays football. I would never discourage him from playing any sport - I would leave the choice to him 100%. However, I’ve seen violence both inside and outside Tynecastle and Ibrox over the many years I’ve followed Hibs and would never give my kids that choice. That was always a parental decision for me. Maybe its just me but if my kids were 10 years younger than they are now my decision would be exactly the same.

lord bunberry
01-11-2018, 12:06 AM

You make a valid point. During a recent visit to Easter Road I tried to injest some high quality cocaine in the ladies toilet. I made it clear that I was as you know gender unspecified, but despite my protests I was invited to leave.

lord bunberry
01-11-2018, 12:14 AM
I hope you don’t make it your last reply. I think you’re guilty of confusing what you think should happen with what is most likely to happen. I really don’t want to come across as telling you how to bring up your kids. I saw your original post and thought, what else did you expect. For what it’s worth I normally enjoy what you post and consider your opinion to be worth listening to.

basehibby
01-11-2018, 12:16 AM
Anyone that goes to the football and chucks coins at players/officials/other supporters is a ****ing moron and fully deserves to get chucked out there and then and banned from future matches.

Pyros are another thing which I've often argued against and this incidence is just another example of why I hold that POV

HibeeHibernian4
01-11-2018, 12:25 AM
Personally think this is an argument for loyalty points, to be honest. Opening things up to a lottery between 13,000+ fans (as well as anyone who knows a ST holder) means that you’re more likely to attract bampots to this fixture.

Honestly don’t know why we bother going, best we ever seem to do there is hold out for a draw.

Hermit Crab
01-11-2018, 01:10 AM
This place is unbelievable, yes there was some unsavoury incidents tonight and I do not condone any of them but suggesting we cut get our own allocation cut until Tynecastle is "made safe"? Really? Its hard enough to get a result there without taking away more of our support and imo theres nothing wrong with the ground age way it is.

Shall we not just not bother taking any tickets for Ibrox or ParkHead because the fans are "too close" to each other because the fans are much closer together at these grounds? Can't have it both ways. It's a derby, evening kick off. There was bound to be a wee bit of hassle.

Hermit Crab
01-11-2018, 01:12 AM
Horrendous reading, this game now at Tynecastle is not for kids. Horrible to say, but its not.

Was it for kids 30 years go when fighting on the terraces was the norm? They still went though. Cotton wool kids nowadays.

tamig
01-11-2018, 01:13 AM
Was it for kids 30 years go when fighting on the terraces was the norm? They still went though. Cotton wool kids nowadays.

Where was your seat tonight?

Hermit Crab
01-11-2018, 01:13 AM

Said the very same to my mates post match in the pub.

Hermit Crab
01-11-2018, 01:14 AM
Where was your seat tonight?

Block L, Row 2, seat number 1. Do you want a picture of the ticket to prove it?

Hermit Crab
01-11-2018, 01:16 AM

Aye, lets cut our allocation, that'll work.

Hermit Crab
01-11-2018, 01:18 AM

My 15yr old niece goes to every away game with me. She got hit with a juice carton filled with copper coins at Ibrox (12 at the time) a couple of seasons back. She still attends games no problem.

Hermit Crab
01-11-2018, 01:20 AM
Agree totally too close to players and opposition fans.

Ibrox? Parkhead? Not too close?

Col_0762
01-11-2018, 01:25 AM

Exactly. It’s a derby. It’s meant to be different to every other game.

Babyshamble
01-11-2018, 01:30 AM

Spot on.first time at tynecastle with ma dad a boy had a piss up my leg.joe McBride scored a peach that day

tamig
01-11-2018, 01:50 AM
Block L, Row 2, seat number 1. Do you want a picture of the ticket to prove it?

Out of the firing line then.

tamig
01-11-2018, 01:54 AM
My 15yr old niece goes to every away game with me. She got hit with a juice carton filled with copper coins at Ibrox (12 at the time) a couple of seasons back. She still attends games no problem.

Good for you. Is still unacceptable and my preference was that I wouldn’t take my kids to either Ibrox or Tynecastle.

Forza Fred
01-11-2018, 03:25 AM

No but I wouldn’t want to come on a Hibs forum with the name of one of Hibs least favourite opponents with the number of goals he scored against us if I didn’t want to arouse suspicion either.

neil7908
01-11-2018, 05:42 AM
Wow some crazy stuff posted on here. I've loved going to derby games as a kid, the idea that poster's now think they should effectively be off limits is crazy.

Of course parents have to assess risk but going to ask football game shouldn't be a place we are worrying about kids safety. That's a sad and depressing affair.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
01-11-2018, 05:51 AM

Likewise, im not sure what the poster was expecting. I certainly wouldn't take young kids. Each to their own though.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
01-11-2018, 05:53 AM
Aye, lets cut our allocation, that'll work.

We dont, or are not allowed, to sell the block of seats at the bottom corner of ER nearest in away end in the east. And the stands are a lot further apart.

hibIBZ
01-11-2018, 06:02 AM
I find it astonishing that we are heading in to a situation where if you attend a football match you go expecting to be assaulted or being subjected to what is criminal behaviour. I have been attending derbies since I was 8, maybe I was niaive but I certainly don't remeber it being as bad as last night for fans throwing things at each other

Allant1981
01-11-2018, 06:06 AM
Maybe a whoosh moment.... but aye, their keeper was assaulted.

no he wasnt

Brizo
01-11-2018, 06:06 AM
Wasn't there but consensus seems to be that even aside from the GK and Lenny incidents atmosphere was much worse than it has been for a while.

Some posters have alluded to the bad old days of the 70s but at least back then the polis would wade into unsegregated terraces and pull out troublemakers. What we seem to have now is hands off retrospective policing by CCTV. With no tangible police presence and minimum wage stewards left to take the flak the coked up bevvied pondlife from both clubs will act out as much as they want and take their chances that they wont be caught on the telly.

This kind of retrospective policing doesn't help those like the OP. I take it we have some dotnet bizzies :wink:among our ranks so genuinely interested to know what the policing strategy / tactics are as I would have thought that policing fan behaviour and ensuring fan safety in real time was paramount.

That doesn't shift any responsibility from the pondlife in both supports who seem to have taken things to an even more unpleasant,than usual, level last night.

JimBHibees
01-11-2018, 06:12 AM
Likewise, im not sure what the poster was expecting. I certainly wouldn't take young kids. Each to their own though.

Probably not expecting his daughter to be hit with a smoke bomb or moronic fans of both teams throwing missiles at other fans. Fans most of which approx 16 year old blocking stairwells rather than taking their seats not even looking at the game. Behaviour was a joke.

JimBHibees
01-11-2018, 06:13 AM
Parent of the year spotted.

Dear oh dear.

JimBHibees
01-11-2018, 06:16 AM

No way you should feel like you are being attacked you and your kids did nothing wrong up to police and both clubs to sort out the morons from both teams.

GreenCastle
01-11-2018, 06:21 AM
Fans saying it’s a Derby and you should expect it - doesn’t make it right.

They wouldn’t hold an old firm game at the PBS unless the front rows were empty.

I’m not saying we are as bad as the old firm but some the flags appearing and carry on really isn’t helping either clubs.

Coins and objects thrown - flares and coins should be automatic ban.

Hearts need to sort the antics in the Wheatfield / every time a ball goes out - you are waiting to see what fan launches it back at a player - same at Celtic games also.

The bigger issue is our society - it’s not just at football but around Edinburgh there seems to be a lack of respect for various things at the moment and fireworks night will probably show this again - with fire fighters being attacked last year it could easily happen again this year.

The buckfast bottle happened last season in Away end and nothing done - Hibs should make it clear fans will be safe while visiting this dump of a stadium.

flash
01-11-2018, 06:21 AM
Certainly looks like a few of the missiles came from posters on this forum judging by some of the replies to the original post.

Smartie
01-11-2018, 06:23 AM
It is one of the problems of allocated seating and all-seater stadia.

At least in the bad old days you could choose to be in a safer part of the terracing if you had kids and didn't want bother.

I have a lot of sympathy for wookie. Taking kids to a game with a lively atmosphere shouldn't be off-limits. Putting them in the firing line for being hit with coins, lighters and smoke bombs with nowhere to go shouldn't be happening.

SideBurns
01-11-2018, 06:23 AM
I find it astonishing that we are heading in to a situation where if you attend a football match you go expecting to be assaulted or being subjected to what is criminal behaviour. I have been attending derbies since I was 8, maybe I was niaive but I certainly don't remeber it being as bad as last night for fans throwing things at each other

I attended every post-segregation derby at Tynie as a teenager in the 80s. The crowds were much bigger and Hibs would take a support at least double the size that we're allowed these days. It was at the height of the casuals. But inside the ground you felt safe. There were no missiles/ smoke bombs chucked back and forth, and everyone seemed to watch the game (as opposed to spend half of it screaming abuse at opposing fans).

You were taking your chances walking back to Haymarket but even then I always felt more at risk of taking a kick from a polis horse than a smack in the mouth from a Jambo! The shift in emphasis from policing to stewarding would be welcome if it was due to an improvement in behaviour but all it seems to have done is encourage idiots.

The thing about chucking missiles is you can't be sure where it will land, unless you're an Olympic javelin thrower. As the @rsehole who threw a bottle at Celtic fans, only to hit a 70 yr old woman going to support Hearts, has belatedly discovered.

Scouse Hibee
01-11-2018, 06:49 AM
Let’s get one thing clear before I make my main point, I don’t think that your expectations of what you expect from a derby at Tynie are wrong. The point I’m making is what we expect and what is likely to happen are two different things. I would never consider taking my child to Tynecastle because I know what it’s likely to be like . Surely you’ve been to Tynecastle before and expirenced the atmosphere. I have done many times and wouldn’t dream of taking children there. When I think my daughter is ready I’ll take her, and I won’t come on here and complain about the behaviour of other fans.
Maybe you should take more responsibility for your own actions before having a go at others. I mean that in constructive manner💚💚💚💚

What a crock of **** and not your first one on this thread, you will be telling us next that elderly women shouldn’t go to semi finals.

Blaster
01-11-2018, 06:52 AM

Really? I’ve taken my son for the last 3 seasons (since he was 8) and never been a problem. I would certainly suggest never taking lower tier seats for kids.

I was very back row of block H which is ideal. However when leaving at the end of the game the missiles, coins, flares etc being thrown back and forwards was disgraceful. It’s going to take a serious injury for these folk to wake up to the seriousness of their actions

son of haggart
01-11-2018, 06:52 AM

I wasn't there (son's 18th birthday) but from what I've read your comments are spot on. Sad that it has come to this when you think we stood in open terracing together in the 60s with only the odd drunken scuffle.

InchHibby
01-11-2018, 07:00 AM
Probably the worst in a long time for the sort of violence that went on last night from both sets of fans.
The amount of coins, flares, drinks, pies, you name it, if it could be thrown then it was.
That group at the bottom corner of the wheatfield stand were at it all night, don’t think they even seen the game, they were a bunch of sixteen year olds and younger, inciting trouble the whole game. They were surrounded in Police and Stewards but we’re not challenged once for their disgusting behaviour.
Don’t get me wrong we have that same element within our supporters but to allow a mob like that to sit so close to the away support is just a recipe for disaster and the proof in the pudding was there to see last night.
We get searched on the way in, half of that mob had bottles of buckfast in their possession, are they not searched and the amount of flares they threw you’d think there was a shop at the back selling them.
A guy ran from the Hibs end straight into them, threw a couple of punches, got grabbed by one steward out of about a dozen standing there, whilst he had a hold of him a Hearts fan jumped over the wall and punched him, not one steward, police, bothered to get involved, utter crazy.
Once again, I know our fans can be as bad, but I think the first thing they should do is move that mob from that corner and if that doesn’t work, move them from the ground entirely and that goes for the hooligan element in our support also.

bigwheel
01-11-2018, 07:02 AM
said to my mate before the game started that it felt a nasty atmosphere in the ground....no idea why last night was like that - anyone any views as to what made it different??

marinello59
01-11-2018, 07:03 AM

Quite right, it’s all down to kids these days being too soft. Let’s bring back rickets, stick them up chimneys and shove them down mines. Let’s make this country great again. Or something like that.

Golden Bear
01-11-2018, 07:09 AM
I wasn't there (son's 18th birthday) but from what I've read your comments are spot on. Sad that it has come to this when you think we stood in open terracing together in the 60s with only the odd drunken scuffle.

:agree:

These games had their moments of course but the actual football on the park was the focus of everyone's attention. The days of sharing your New Year's bottle with opposition fans are long gone sadly.

WhileTheChief..
01-11-2018, 07:09 AM
If we’re talking about the behaviour of fans then it should include their behaviour online as well.

Both Kickback and here were full of folk talking about hatred and **** etc leading up to the game.

This goes beyond banter in some cases and if you read it back it’s kinda depressing stuff. We had a 3 page thread titled **** the Hearts!

Is it any wonder that this carries over to the stands on the night?

AndyM_1875
01-11-2018, 07:10 AM

Halcyon days old boy. Last night showed it's become something really ugly.
Neither support emerges with any credit and I wouldn't take kids anywhere near it.

hibstag
01-11-2018, 07:29 AM

This they should have been out guising

The 90+2
01-11-2018, 07:29 AM
Hope your children are okay and not put off by it OP. I would never take mine into the Roseburn end but people should have that choice and feel safe.

SideBurns
01-11-2018, 07:40 AM
Quite right, it’s all down to kids these days being too soft. Let’s bring back rickets, stick them up chimneys and shove them down mines. Let’s make this country great again. Or something like that.

Don't know if HC's memory is playing tricks on him, but fighting on the terraces wasn't the norm in 1988.

Ozyhibby
01-11-2018, 07:47 AM
At Dortmund they have netting between the stands and the pitch as a barrier between fans and players. They need to consider that at Tynecastle.

mjhibby
01-11-2018, 07:56 AM
This game sounds like a barnsley v Millwall game as a Yorkshire friend of mine described it. No doubt potters in your face style get the fans going and they are only reacting to what's on the pitch. No coincidence there is no football played in the derbies there but loads at er. Be interesting to compare the scoring stats at each ground say in the last five years. This sort of behaviour has never gone away and with cuts in police Scotland it seems they just get through the game rather than have the manpower to control it. As for the stewarding that costs money and as we know they just don't spend money on anything except players. I would never take my son to their or ibrox as its an affront to decency. As usual it will be quietly forgotten. No wonder we are so crap on the international front with football like that.

Hiber-nation
01-11-2018, 08:09 AM
Certainly looks like a few of the missiles came from posters on this forum judging by some of the replies to the original post.

Certainly wasn't just daft wee laddies doing it that's for sure.

Maybe derbies should be 12 noon kick offs in future. Might not stop those intent on getting completely wasted but it'll help.

hibbydog
01-11-2018, 08:12 AM
no he wasnt

Yes he was.

You can clearly see a punch being thrown. Whether it made contact or not doesn’t matter.

Is anyone saying that an attempted punch which missed is ok?

Or someone trying to miss in order to intimidate the goalkeeper is ok too?

Nonsense.

Aye, the goalkeeper making a meal of it didn’t help, but he went down to demonstrate that he’d been hit by a fan. If this was Bogdan at the other end we’d be backing him to the hilt.

The idiot involved is a stain on our great club and should be thoroughly ashamed.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
01-11-2018, 08:15 AM
Really? I’ve taken my son for the last 3 seasons (since he was 8) and never been a problem. I would certainly suggest never taking lower tier seats for kids.

I was very back row of block H which is ideal. However when leaving at the end of the game the missiles, coins, flares etc being thrown back and forwards was disgraceful. It’s going to take a serious injury for these folk to wake up to the seriousness of their actions

As i say, each to their own.

dangermouse
01-11-2018, 08:17 AM

The guy that threw the bovril at the main stand linesman was a row in front of me and got lifted in the second half.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
01-11-2018, 08:17 AM
Probably not expecting his daughter to be hit with a smoke bomb or moronic fans of both teams throwing missiles at other fans. Fans most of which approx 16 year old blocking stairwells rather than taking their seats not even looking at the game. Behaviour was a joke.

Im sure he wasnt, but its a situation with a much heightened risk. The behaviour you describe is not new, and it is not unexpected.

BS44
01-11-2018, 08:28 AM
Five arrests at the game last night. One of those arrests is for assualting a assistant referee, I'm guessing that will be the Hibs fan who decided to chuck a cup of whatever at the official who was closest to us.

dp00
01-11-2018, 08:31 AM
Deleted

Jamesie
01-11-2018, 08:32 AM
Having reflected overnight it was the most febrile atmosphere at an Edinburgh Derby I can recall since the early 1990s. And I can't really put my finger on why that was the case - no real angry build up or catalyst for it. Not ideal that the next one is at 17:30 on a Festive Saturday, but at least it's at Easter Road which given it has a bit more space internally doesn't lend itself to the same crowd control issues, coins etc to the same extent.

dp00
01-11-2018, 08:34 AM
The police and stewards need to be seen to be taking action at the time. Get the police in there dragging folk out. It’s the only thing which will make them think. There must have been 40/50 police officers standing on the walk up to get in the stadium. Where do the all go during the game ?

When you do nothing during the game , you make them feel untouchable and they get worse

At the end of the game there was someone standing holding a flare and the police just watched, said flare was then thrown from stand to stand.

Both sides have an element of idiots but the police have to be seen to be taking more action and setting examples during the game

Jamesie
01-11-2018, 08:37 AM
If I had young kids under 13 I would not take them to tynie or ibrox. It is nowhere as bad as the 70s, but the atmosphere is still one of hatred. A lot of young men, alcohol, coke and testerone makes a potential outbreak of serious trouble seem very likely.

My daughter went to all games with me when she was younger but I didn't take her to those games until she could understand what was going on.

I do wonder if that could be playing a bigger part than we appreciate. It frightens me how many young men now view this as a normal part of a night out, and quite brazenly so.

Col L
01-11-2018, 08:38 AM

You are seriously missing the point. For one, you don't exactly get the choice of 'picking' seats due to the current ticket lottery for away derbies where you wait in an online queue for hours and then have to settle for whatever scraps come your way. Secondly, are we saying don't bother taking your kinds, or do take them but just be prepared to accept anything that comes your way? I didn't bother trying for a ticket this time round, mainly due to our abysmal record of rarely winning matches there.

So much is made of the 'unique atmosphere' at Tynecastle, the closeness of the fans to the pitch etc, but games like last night prove how poisonous it can become when poorly planned, policed and stewarded. Chuck a minority of idiots into the mix and it's no great surprise that there are so many unsavoury incidents. Throwing missiles at a game is just so cowardly and out of order. Like someone else said on this thread, if it continues it could lead to nets going up in front of us like we see elsewhere in Europe.

Also, sadly what we saw last night is nothing new. I grew up watching Hibs regularly witnessing much the same. My first derby in 1979 at Easter Road (we beat them!), saw a full-on riot amongst Jambos in the Dunbar End. Seating and CCTV seemed to nip it in the bud for a few years. I'm not suggesting last night was on a par with that, but it is sad to see that 40 years on it's still happening and ruining decent fans' experience of supporting their team in one of our biggest fixtures. IMO the police need to have a look at themselves too - their presence at these potential flashpoint games is pitiful, and they seem content a lot of the time to leave it to stewards, who are overwhelmed and out of depth.

The 90+2
01-11-2018, 08:42 AM
Having reflected overnight it was the most febrile atmosphere at an Edinburgh Derby I can recall since the early 1990s. And I can't really put my finger on why that was the case - no real angry build up or catalyst for it. Not ideal that the next one is at 17:30 on a Festive Saturday, but at least it's at Easter Road which given it has a bit more space internally doesn't lend itself to the same crowd control issues, coins etc to the same extent.

The last time it was like last night was the unbeatable derby at Easter Road. When both sides are doing well it becomes heated as anything. You can’t go with your eyes shut though.

One Day
01-11-2018, 08:42 AM

I agree more so in the last couple of seasons

Hiber-nation
01-11-2018, 08:45 AM
The guy that threw the bovril at the main stand linesman was a row in front of me and got lifted in the second half.

Section M row 21/22?

southfieldhibby
01-11-2018, 09:17 AM
I do wonder if that could be playing a bigger part than we appreciate. It frightens me how many young men now view this as a normal part of a night out, and quite brazenly so.

Massive. Ching and peeve = cloak of invincibility. The concourse at tynie is a free for all, the toilets more so.

I've been to plenty of derbies at tynie, but last night was probably my last. The whole epic torture of getting there and back, the inevitable dreadful game, the large proportion of bams not really bothered about the game and me becoming weary means I'm out. I get why the young team love it, maybe if i was 25 years younger I'd be right in the middle, but I'm not so it's I find the entire process has become a drag.

The Green Goblin
01-11-2018, 09:18 AM
It is one of the problems of allocated seating and all-seater stadia.

At least in the bad old days you could choose to be in a safer part of the terracing if you had kids and didn't want bother.

I have a lot of sympathy for wookie. Taking kids to a game with a lively atmosphere shouldn't be off-limits. Putting them in the firing line for being hit with coins, lighters and smoke bombs with nowhere to go shouldn't be happening.

This. 100%.

Hermit Crab
01-11-2018, 09:34 AM
Out of the firing line then.

Rubbish, there was coins coming over and at least 4 smoke bombs close to me.

Diclonius
01-11-2018, 09:39 AM
So, to clarify:

If you sit with your child at the front row of a stand and they get hit by a smoke bomb, it's your fault for bringing your child there and not the fault of the idiot following the smoke bomb.
If you're watching the football and someone tries to throws a full cup of bovril at a football player he doesn't know and he hits you instead, it's your fault for attending the game and not the fault of the guy who threw the bovril.
If coins are getting chucked all around you and you get hit in the face by one then it's your fault for having the audacity to attend a football match, not the fault of the people throwing the coin.
If you sit next to the corner flag and one of the opposition players comes up to take a corner and is immediately showered with coins, drinks and god knows what else and you take the overspill from that, it's your fault for being randomly allocated a seat near the corner flag and not the fault of the massive bellends who think it's perfectly legitimate behaviour to shower a guy they've never met in their life with whatever they have to hand.

The justification for this? Oh, it was really bad at some arbitrarily defined point 30 years ago when health and safety rules were considerably more lax and a football ground was a warzone as opposed to entertainment, therefore making everything less dangerous than that (in a modern, more inclusive society) perfectly fine by comparison.

Football games are supposed to have an atmosphere and a semi-tribal mentality - I wouldn't go if they weren't - but there are parallels between what happened last night and, say, every other game at Tynecastle in the past 20 years? I have been following Hibs since 05 and I have NEVER seen that kind of behaviour at a match I've attended before. The tribalism, the atmosphere and shouting obscenities at each other is fair game but when that spills over into violence then surely that's not okay?

Hermit Crab
01-11-2018, 09:50 AM
So, to clarify:

If you sit with your child at the front row of a stand and they get hit by a smoke bomb, it's your fault for bringing your child there and not the fault of the idiot following the smoke bomb.
If you're watching the football and someone tries to throws a full cup of bovril at a football player he doesn't know and he hits you instead, it's your fault for attending the game and not the fault of the guy who threw the bovril.
If coins are getting chucked all around you and you get hit in the face by one then it's your fault for having the audacity to attend a football match, not the fault of the people throwing the coin.
If you sit next to the corner flag and one of the opposition players comes up to take a corner and is immediately showered with coins, drinks and god knows what else and you take the overspill from that, it's your fault for being randomly allocated a seat near the corner flag and not the fault of the massive bellends who think it's perfectly legitimate behaviour to shower a guy they've never met in their life with whatever they have to hand.

The justification for this? Oh, it was really bad at some arbitrarily defined point 30 years ago when health and safety rules were considerably more lax and a football ground was a warzone as opposed to entertainment, therefore making everything less dangerous than that (in a modern, more inclusive society) perfectly fine by comparison.

Football games are supposed to have an atmosphere and a semi-tribal mentality - I wouldn't go if they weren't - but there are parallels between what happened last night and, say, every other game at Tynecastle in the past 20 years? I have been following Hibs since 05 and I have NEVER seen that kind of behaviour at a match I've attended before. The tribalism, the atmosphere and shouting obscenities at each other is fair game but when that spills over into violence then surely that's not okay?

See if you're at a gig/festival down the front you expect cups of pish and other things to be thrown over you. You still go though and don't complain because thats "normal" for a gig. The sort of behaviour you seen last night is not out of character for a derby. Fans fuelled by booze and possibly other things hoping their team will win. Our derbies are mild compared to other derbies around the world.

If there are repercussions for last night like the lower section being closed off for derbies (whats that? 1000 seats?) then we only have ourselves to blame but I do think that would an extreme punishment.

Northernhibee
01-11-2018, 09:53 AM
See if you're at a gig/festival down the front you expect cups of pish and other things to be thrown over you. You still go though and don't complain because thats "normal" for a gig. The sort of behaviour you seen last night is not out of character for a derby. Fans fuelled by booze and possibly other things hoping their team will win. Our derbies are mild compared to other derbies around the world.

If there are repercussions for last night like the lower section being closed off for derbies (whats that? 1000 seats?) then we only have ourselves to blame but I do think that would an extreme punishment.

I go to gigs and festivals and don’t expect cups of push (unless I’m at T in the Park or TRNSMT)

SquashedFrogg
01-11-2018, 10:02 AM

An adult actually typed this.

Hermit Crab
01-11-2018, 10:02 AM
I go to gigs and festivals and don’t expect cups of push (unless I’m at T in the Park or TRNSMT)

So you expect it then and still go yeah?

Hermit Crab
01-11-2018, 10:03 AM
An adult actually typed this.

An adult never responded though.

Diclonius
01-11-2018, 10:03 AM

I've been to 20 games at Tynecastle and sat at the front many times (back when we could I would often deliberately try and get the very front of the stand) but I've never seen anything like that before - sure the occasional guy throwing something or a smoke bomb or two, but never consistently throughout the match.

I get what you're saying about people wanting their team to win etc but you can control yourself to restricting that pent-up tension to non-physical aspects of the game i.e. chanting, shouting at opposition fans/players, winding them up, etc. That's the perfectly legitimate side of highly-charged football matches that I have no problem with and enjoy. It crosses the line when it's not just one or two people throwing stuff but a sizeable minority of our and their supports.

Fair enough it's worse in other countries, but I bet that all their fans think it's perfectly acceptable behaviour too. The atmosphere at previous derbies over there was fantastic without resorting to people chuking smoke bombs at each other and running on the pitch before the game started, and I'd hope this is a one off and we can go back to that.

You shouldn't be expected to go to the football knowing that there's a high chance of you getting showered with stuff; you should be expected to go to the football and not throw things.

Dancehibs
01-11-2018, 10:06 AM
Massive. Ching and peeve = cloak of invincibility. The concourse at tynie is a free for all, the toilets more so.

I've been to plenty of derbies at tynie, but last night was probably my last. The whole epic torture of getting there and back, the inevitable dreadful game, the large proportion of bams not really bothered about the game and me becoming weary means I'm out. I get why the young team love it, maybe if i was 25 years younger I'd be right in the middle, but I'm not so it's I find the entire process has become a drag.
Id agree. Last few vists have not been enjoyable. Lots of wannabe hard men on both sides.

oldbutdim
01-11-2018, 10:10 AM
See if you're at a gig/festival down the front you expect cups of pish and other things to be thrown over you. You still go though and don't complain because thats "normal" for a gig.

Crikey!
:eek:

I'm assuming this reflects your own experiences?
Who do you go to these gigs with - Gary Locke?

southfieldhibby
01-11-2018, 10:23 AM
See if you're at a gig/festival down the front you expect cups of pish and other things to be thrown over you. You still go though and don't complain because thats "normal" for a gig.

I'm deffo getting old, or live by an alternative set of codes. If I ever get a cup of pish thrown over me, I'll deffo be complaining, anytime, anywhere.

Northernhibee
01-11-2018, 10:27 AM
So you expect it then and still go yeah?

It appears to be a thing with Scottish crowds. Better to tackle the root problem (coked up twats) than say “don’t go to a major Scottish festival if you don’t like being covered in pish”

j'adore hibs
01-11-2018, 10:42 AM
i never took my kids last night after the last derby when i basically had to act as a human shield from coins raining down and ended up missing a lot of the game

comments stating that you should accept this type of behavior just because its a derby really baffle me as well as ones stating its worse in other derby's around the world etc etc.....that's not the point, this sort of behavior shouldn't happen anywhere in any walk of life....gig etc etc

some folk are just idiots end off im afraid, acting like hard men for 90 minutes shouting abuse, throwing whatever they can at opposing fans who on any other day they would rub shoulders with completely oblivious of what team they support

pathetic and a sad state of affairs

im off to listen to my idles lp's = all is love

Northernhibee
01-11-2018, 10:49 AM
i never took my kids last night after the last derby when i basically had to act as a human shield from coins raining down and ended up missing a lot of the game

comments stating that you should accept this type of behavior just because its a derby really baffle me as well as ones stating its worse in other derby's around the world etc etc.....that's not the point, this sort of behavior shouldn't happen anywhere in any walk of life....gig etc etc

some folk are just idiots end off im afraid, acting like hard men for 90 minutes shouting abuse, throwing whatever they can at opposing fans who on any other day they would rub shoulders with completely oblivious of what team they support

pathetic and a sad state of affairs

im off to listen to my idles lp's = all is love

AF Gang? Such a positive fan base 🙂

j'adore hibs
01-11-2018, 10:50 AM
AF Gang? Such a positive fan base 🙂

:thumbsup:

JeMeSouviens
01-11-2018, 11:00 AM
Mind you, if you think policing our fans is bad, spare a thought for the poor plod of Buenos Aires, where Boca and River have both got to the final of the Copa Libertadores (South America's equivalent of the European cup). :worried:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/01/boca-juniors-set-up-copa-libertadores-final-superclasico-with-rivals-river-plate-football

Hiber-nation
01-11-2018, 11:25 AM

That's where I am as well. After getting barged into in the crush in the concourse for the umpteenth time by some drunken bam I was thinking why do I bother with all this crap. Maybe an age thing I suppose. Mind you if we actually won there now and again it might seem worth it!

01-11-2018, 11:31 AM

Atmosphere seemed to get considerably worse when Boyle got elbowed in the face.

Kavinho
01-11-2018, 11:40 AM
said to my mate before the game started that it felt a nasty atmosphere in the ground....no idea why last night was like that - anyone any views as to what made it different??

Increasing consumption of cocaine?

Colr
01-11-2018, 11:50 AM
Behaviour has improved enourmously since the 80s when it was a major contributor to low attendances.

Any reversion needs to be addressed or it will have similar impacts.

BegbieHSC
01-11-2018, 12:07 PM
Incidentally, I notice that the Sun and Record are referring to last night's game as a 'Shame Game.'

'Old Firm' fans are loving it too, for pure deflection reasons. In fairness, given Celtic's sheer dominance, 'Old Firm' games have been pretty tame lately.

Joe6-2
01-11-2018, 12:11 PM
Incidentally, I notice that the Sun and Record are referring to last night's game as a 'Shame Game.'

'Old Firm' fans are loving it too, for pure deflection reasons. In fairness, given Celtic's sheer dominance, 'Old Firm' games have been pretty tame lately.

F*** both the ****** and the Sun, oh, and the OF!

Hedlund12
01-11-2018, 12:34 PM
S, I hope your daughter is ok and this hasn't put her off going to games. Some really $h!t behaviour by both sets of fans last night.

I feel your pain .. if someone threw a flare/missile at my son I won't state publically what I'd want to do!

Sadly this neanderthal behaviour doesn't seem to be getting any less in football. I remember a time in the 70'S as a youngster going to a Nitten Star match through the West with my grandad. Some lowlife put a brick through our bus window ... where I was sitting. It took four grown men to keep my grandad pinned down. (And he was only a short wee thing!!) 40+ years on and I'm still into my football.

Again, hope your daughter is ok. D

Austinho
01-11-2018, 12:52 PM
The Scottish Sun reporting a Hearts fan has been arrested for assaulting a linesman. Apparently both assistant referees were struck by objects. Just goes from bad to worse!

A HEARTS fan has been charged over the alleged assault of an assistant referee at the Edinburgh derby last night.
A 25-year-old was arrested after the linesman was allegedly attacked as Hearts played Hibs at Tynecastle. A further four arrests were made in connection with the bad-tempered derby clash.

BegbieHSC
01-11-2018, 02:00 PM
The Scottish Sun reporting a Hearts fan has been arrested for assaulting a linesman. Apparently both assistant referees were struck by objects. Just goes from bad to worse!

The linesman on the mainstand side was smacked in the face with a cup of coke coming from our end too - I can't say I didn't see that, unfortunately. It came after a ridiculous decision to give Hearts a throw in, when we didn't have a player close when the ball was put out. Still bang out though.

lord bunberry
01-11-2018, 02:45 PM
I would just like to offer my apologies to Wookie for my tone last night. After what must have been a traumatic experience the last thing he needed was me blaming him for the idiotic actions of others.
Sorry.

wookie70
01-11-2018, 04:06 PM
I would just like to offer my apologies to Wookie for my tone last night. After what must have been a traumatic experience the last thing he needed was me blaming him for the idiotic actions of others.
Sorry.
Thanks, that means a lot. I want my kids to be safe but also to be fans that want to go home and away. I'm not wanting sanitised well done to the opposition stadium crowds. I want the policing to reflect the situation and for fans to behave reasonably and not like morons. Thanks again

flash
01-11-2018, 04:08 PM
Sorry.

Well done sir.

CropleyWasGod
01-11-2018, 04:13 PM
I missed ths one, so apologies if it's been spoken about:-

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/video-keys-thrown-at-hearts-keeper-zdenek-zlamal-during-fiery-edinburgh-derby-1-4822929

A set of keys? :rolleyes:

That will be why my neighbour was banging on his own door at midnight last night...........:greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-11-2018, 05:14 PM
Anyone else see the yam in that ned corner with the orange scarf? Had the badge and a poppy on it. Chronic ********s.

CMurdoch
01-11-2018, 05:18 PM
Behaviour has improved enourmously since the 80s when it was a major contributor to low attendances.

Any reversion needs to be addressed or it will have similar impacts.

That is a really good point. More women go to football than ever before and crap such as that which happened between the aholes that 'supported' both teams last night will put them right off.
That in turn will impact on kids who want to go to games and probably on numbers of fathers attending. Reduced kids attending now mean lower attendances in the long term.

I would happily name and shame any Hibs fud to the club if for whatever reason it wasn't a good idea for me to get them to wind their neck in directly.
As I have said previously our away support is a combination of 90% good folk who love Hibs and love football. The remaining 5% are aggressive, foul mouthed morons who we should be getting shot off and 5% easily led young guys hanging on these guys every foul word and action.

CMurdoch
01-11-2018, 05:22 PM
I missed ths one, so apologies if it's been spoken about:-

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/video-keys-thrown-at-hearts-keeper-zdenek-zlamal-during-fiery-edinburgh-derby-1-4822929

A set of keys? :rolleyes:

That will be why my neighbour was banging on his own door at midnight last night...........:greengrin

How far gone would you have to be to do that!
Would have been great if the goalkeeper had managed to grab the keys.

ancient hibee
01-11-2018, 05:25 PM
What gets me is that the throwers don't care who they hit as long as they can demonstrate their hardness(alleged).

Hermit Crab
01-11-2018, 06:49 PM
Anyone else see the yam in that ned corner with the orange scarf? Had the badge and a poppy on it. Chronic ********s.

Yes, I was trying to work out what teams scarf it was, I was sure it was a hun scarf.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-11-2018, 05:10 AM

Só sad reading all this. I've not been to Tynie for a derby since they pulled down the old away end (ah thos bucket seats)

What can you do if coin throwing is done to that extent other than put some
Safe sort of fence up ?

You can imagine the defence - "everyone" was doing it. And how do you prove beyond all reasonable doubt that the coin that struck was delivered by person X without finger printing a section ?

Sad times if it doesn't stop someone will get seriously injured.