PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Dunne

Crab apple
31-10-2018, 10:30 PM
He might just be thick as pig **** but I didn't like his antics tonight. He definitely fits the Potter mould. Instrumental in pressurising Dallas into booking Flo and when asked about the coin throwing suggested Lennon wasn't hit by anything.

Hibbyradge
31-10-2018, 10:37 PM
He might just be thick as pig **** but I didn't like his antics tonight. He definitely fits the Potter mould. Instrumental in pressurising Dallas into booking Flo and when asked about the coin throwing suggested Lennon wasn't hit by anything.

He didn't say that.

He said that he didn't see the Lennon incident.

Eyrie

Was that the idiot that BT Sport interviewed who was very quick to rightly condemn the incident with their keeper, and equally quick to dismiss the incident with Lennon?

Worth noting that both managers condemned both incidents and were very clear that they were equally bad.

hibee_girl
He didn't say that.

No, he said he would need to see it again to see if Lennon was actually hit by anything. After going mental about his keeper being hit.

Danderhall Hibs
31-10-2018, 10:39 PM
No, he said he would need to see it again to see if Lennon was actually hit by anything. After going mental about his keeper being hit.

It was embarrassing for him. Looks really really stupid now by trying to endear himself with the Hearts fans in that way.

Speedy
31-10-2018, 10:40 PM
He didn't say that.

When asked about it (straight after he rightly condemned our ******** fans) he said 'I don't know, I didn't see it, I'm not sure he was struck by anything'.

He was clearly backtracking because he didn't want to be drawn into saying anything negative about Hearts fans.

hibee_girl
31-10-2018, 10:41 PM
It was embarrassing for him. Looks really really stupid now by trying to endear himself with the Hearts fans in that way.

:agree: Even Levein wasn't that stupid

bingo70
31-10-2018, 10:42 PM
He didn't say that.

He was out of order in the post match interview.

He was told that Lennon was hit by a coin and he went into his shell scared to say anything that could upset the hearts fans.

He’s a young lad who was obviously caught off guard by the question so just tried to say as little as possible but he was still wrong.

FWIW Craig Levein was very fair and good in the post match interview.

Danderhall Hibs
31-10-2018, 10:45 PM

He was told that Lennon was hit by a coin and he went into his shell scared to say anything that could upset the hearts fans.

He’s a young lad who was obviously caught off guard by the question so just tried to say as little as possible but he was still wrong.

:agree: after condemning the away fans who can’t control themselves and pointing out it wasn’t the first time this season etc etc, he went onto make himself look an absolute clown.

Crab apple
31-10-2018, 10:47 PM
He didn't say that.

That's not what he said. He said that he wasn't even sure if Lennon had been hit. Although he seemed convinced that his keeper had been attacked.

Crab apple
31-10-2018, 10:48 PM
Was that the idiot that BT Sport interviewed who was very quick to rightly condemn the incident with their keeper, and equally quick to dismiss the incident with Lennon?

Worth noting that both managers condemned both incidents and were very clear that they were equally bad.

Yes. Spot on.

SirDavidsNapper
31-10-2018, 10:55 PM
The boy's a bit wooden bless him.

The Harp Awakes
31-10-2018, 11:26 PM

He may be a young lad but he acted like an idiot twice tonight; his contribution to Kamberi's sending off and his comments in the post match interview.

Ray_
01-11-2018, 09:31 AM
They are young lads and footballers are not often known for being the brightest, I don't know why people get so hung up on what footballers say, he is a player though.

Ozyhibby
01-11-2018, 10:02 AM
He is a good player though and he was smart enough to get Kamberri sent off.[emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2018, 10:14 AM
They are young lads and footballers are not often known for being the brightest, I don't know why people get so hung up on what footballers say, he is a player though.

It’s nothing to do with how intelligent he is. The managers managed to come out and condone both sets of fans (or at least the 2 individuals) but Dunne apparently thinks that chucking a coin is ok.

hibeerealist
01-11-2018, 10:14 AM
That's not what he said. He said that he wasn't even sure if Lennon had been hit. Although he seemed convinced that his keeper had been attacked.

you are spot on CA he was convinced of one incident and not at all convinced ( or could not give a xxxx) about the other, prize plum who is well into the tiny flow and the xxxx they put out.

Bristolhibby
01-11-2018, 10:21 AM
:agree: after condemning the away fans who can’t control themselves and pointing out it wasn’t the first time this season etc etc, he went onto make himself look an absolute clown.

He was set up perfectly. The interviewer played a blinder.

Let him go off on a rant about “disgraceful Hibs fans”, then point out that a coin was thrown by a Hearts fan hitting Lennon in the face.

If he were a bit more mature or classy he would have decried the coin thrower with equal outrage.

J

Bristolhibby
01-11-2018, 10:23 AM
It’s nothing to do with how intelligent he is. The managers managed to come out and condone both sets of fans (or at least the 2 individuals) but Dunne apparently thinks that chucking a coin is ok.

Potter did that after the players interview. Dunne would have no idea what Levine was going to say.

He should have blasted the coin thrower and say the standard “disgrace, no place in football”. He didn’t, I’m sure because he hadn’t been briefed on what the “Hearts” response should be.

J

The_Sauz
01-11-2018, 10:27 AM
He is a good player though and he was smart enough to get Kamberri sent off.[emoji35]

It was #17 Garuccio that got Flo sent off and not Dunne :agree: If you watch it again, you will see that he does/say something that winds him up.

brog
01-11-2018, 10:29 AM

Exactly right, he was very much responsible for Kamberi's dismissal.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2018, 10:32 AM
He was set up perfectly. The interviewer played a blinder.

J

She did - set him up brilliantly and he walked right into it.

staunchhibby
01-11-2018, 12:01 PM
Just a pity the compliance officer will not look into the conduct of the hearts players involved in Kamberi being sent off and only a yellow card for the foul perpetrated on Boyle .

overdrive
01-11-2018, 12:09 PM
It was #17 Garuccio that got Flo sent off and not Dunne :agree: If you watch it again, you will see that he does/say something that winds him up.

Dunne was involved as well. He waded in aggressively pointing in Kamberi’s face and holding up imaginary red cards.

where'stheslope
01-11-2018, 12:15 PM
Just a pity the compliance officer will not look into the conduct of the hearts players involved in Kamberi being sent off and only a yellow card for the foul perpetrated on Boyle .
Only last week a player who was given a yellow card during the game, was given 2 matches and a red from the compliance officer!
I never knew there had been a change untill I read it last week??

overdrive
01-11-2018, 12:32 PM
Only last week a player who was given a yellow card during the game, was given 2 matches and a red from the compliance officer!
I never knew there had been a change untill I read it last week??

What was the incident? I thought it could only happen for mistaken identity or if the ref had actually booked the player for something else, e.g. for a reaction instead of an off-the-ball elbow.

01-11-2018, 12:43 PM
What was the incident? I thought it could only happen for mistaken identity or if the ref had actually booked the player for something else, e.g. for a reaction instead of an off-the-ball elbow.

It was Kilmarnock v Hamilton game, Greg Stewart on Scott Martin.

Ray_
01-11-2018, 02:02 PM

he had just come off the pitch after a high pressure game and he gets asked about an incident he would have hardly known about, get real.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2018, 02:23 PM
he had just come off the pitch after a high pressure game and he gets asked about an incident he would have hardly known about, get real.

You’ve not seen the interview? He was fine to answer the first question in a scathing manner but came to his senses when asked the second question?

Did the high pressure ease off just in time to give the non committal/dismissive answer?

green day
01-11-2018, 02:28 PM

Just watched it again, he was asked and after some humming and hawing, finished by saying (of NL) "Im not sure he was hit by anything".

I suppose its feasible he didnt know there was anything going on, perhaps he thought NL was doing some weird Halloween breakdance necessitating the match to stop, and his boss Levein to go across and ensure NL was ok :cb?

He did call the incident with Zlamal correctly, but he loses marks for only having maroon tinted glasses.

Ray_
01-11-2018, 02:47 PM
You’ve not seen the interview? He was fine to answer the first question in a scathing manner but came to his senses when asked the second question?

Did the high pressure ease off just in time to give the non committal/dismissive answer?

He was playing in the game when the incident occurred, why would he have a great deal of detail of the incident so soon after the game, standing in front of a camera brings its own pressure. Pretty obvious, his own team mate would have filled him in about the first incident, we can all join in and make something out of nothing, lets burn the witches while we are at it.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2018, 02:53 PM
He was playing in the game when the incident occurred, why would he have a great deal of detail of the incident so soon after the game, standing in front of a camera brings its own pressure. Pretty obvious, his own team mate would have filled him in about the first incident, we can all join in and make something out of nothing, lets burn the witches while we are at it.

He was playing in the game when both incidents occurred and straight off the pitch into the interview but chose to condone one of the incidents and not the other.

If you see the interview it’ll give you a better grasp of matters.

Ray_
01-11-2018, 02:57 PM
He was playing in the game when both incidents occurred and straight off the pitch into the interview but chose to condone one of the incidents and not the other.

If you see the interview it’ll give you a better grasp of matters.

I saw the interview and the hearts keeper is likely to passed on what happened to his team mates at the time of the incident with the game stopped, but if you really want to get so uptight on what a 21 y/o footballer has to say just after a game, crack on.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2018, 03:20 PM
I saw the interview and the hearts keeper is likely to passed on what happened to his team mates at the time of the incident with the game stopped, but if you really want to get so uptight on what a 21 y/o footballer has to say just after a game, crack on.

Will do - not sure what his age is to do with it but I suppose it shows he’s a full blown adult?

Pity they didn’t have a chat while Lennon was on the deck as well.

It’d have given him a better chance to give a fair summary, like the managers did. As it is he said it was terrible from the hibs fans but fine to chuck a coin.

Ray_
01-11-2018, 04:53 PM
Will do - not sure what his age is to do with it but I suppose it shows he’s a full blown adult?

Pity they didn’t have a chat while Lennon was on the deck as well.

It’d have given him a better chance to give a fair summary, like the managers did. As it is he said it was terrible from the hibs fans but fine to chuck a coin.

They had to replay it several times before people watching on the telly got the jest of what happened, but to fit with your conspiracy theories we can ignore that.

CMurdoch
01-11-2018, 07:09 PM

I'm with you on this one Ray for the reasons you have stated.

rcarter1
01-11-2018, 09:33 PM

The best way to endear yourself to the Jambo's. Its the tight pitch and steep angled stands - it rots the brain.

macca70
01-11-2018, 09:47 PM
His post match interview was ridiculous, basically saying away fans behaviour at Tynie is unacceptable, no comment on hearts fans behaviour, had plenty to say about the Hearts keeper incident and referred to Aberdeen fans hitting someone with a microphone.

Conveniently had no comment on the Lennon incident until he sees TV footage.

The guys an absolute clown!!

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2018, 10:10 PM
They had to replay it several times before people watching on the telly got the jest of what happened, but to fit with your conspiracy theories we can ignore that.

:hilarious conspiracy theory? Beyone me how much you want to defend this guy.